TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Bridgestone B rxs yellow WOW

mackdaddy

For the last two rounds I have been playing the New Bridgestone B rxs balls, Wow am I impressed! 

I have played the Titleist Pro V1 for a long time.  I swing a driver at about 100-104 mph depending on the day and how stiff my old butt is.  

I have hit my driver straighter and longer both days than I normally do.  I had some drives damn near 300 yards and a couple that were over 300.  

I was impressed withe the Chrome Softs when they first came out because they increased my iron yardages about 5 yards over the Pro V1 but I was much shorter with the driver.  I have picked up about 7 -10 yards with my irons and still have the stopping spin I look for with one bounce and then stop and spin back on the short irons.  

Full wedges spun back about 2-3 yards and 3/4 wedges about half that.  Half lob wedges spun to a fast stop and came back about a foot or two.  Short green side wedges had visible spin you can see the B spinning in a blur.  

I got the balls in yellow because my older eyes struggle to see the ball over 200 yards.  I could follow the Canary Yellow much longer.  I also had a drive run through the fairway on a dogleg left and end up about ten yards in the trees and the yellow really stood out in the brown leaves.

I could flight the ball high, mid or low at will.  I think I have a new ball!!! 

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 4 & 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY X stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

Putter: Positive Putter's Custom P2 (think Edel putter meets Heavy Putter)

Ball: Callaway Chome Tour                        

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

I played one round with the yellow also, with winds coming off lake MI.

i was impressed with how this ball preformed too.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

IceHawk,

I previously played the RX but with the RXS I have found better green side spin on chips.  The previous version of the RXS had to much side spin with the driver and I don't find that the new one does that.

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade MG 4 Tiger grind 56 bent to 58/14

1 hour ago, Mackdaddy9 said:

IceHawk,

I previously played the RX but with the RXS I have found better green side spin on chips.  The previous version of the RXS had to much side spin with the driver and I don't find that the new one does that.

Thanks for this!   The side spin is what I was worried about.  I do need more green side control, so they may be exactly what I'm looking for right now.  Can't wait to give them a go.

• 3 weeks later...

The last couple of rounds I played in 20 knot winds, gusting to 35 knots.  My new Bridgestone B rxs balls held there line much better than my good friends Tp5 Pix ball.  He is a very skilled golfer and our games are about equal.  The only difference I know of is our choice of golf balls.  The Tp5 seemed to be ballooning into the wind and turned twice as far in the cross winds.  He is 20 yards longer than me off the tee in normal conditions and I was his equal in the windy conditions.  He also hits his irons a club and a half longer than me normally and into the wind his balls were losing most of there spin and bounding off the green while mine were still bouncing once and stopping.  

I've been playing back and forth between the B RX and B X recently, although my driver swing speed is below the 105mph suggested threshold for the B X. The B RX goes a bit farther off the tee, which would make sense given my swing speed, and both spin well going into the green. But the B RX feels/sounds too soft to me, especially when I'm putting (I do realize this may be a rather niche critique). For context, my other regular ball is a Snell MTB-X.

Does anyone have compression numbers on these balls? Or does the REACTIV cover make the customary compression comparison less valid?

Callaway Epic Speed + Mitsubishi MMT

TaylorMade SIM Titanium + Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue

Titleist U510 20* + Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic

Mizuno 919 Forged + Paderson Kinetixx TS-I

Cleveland CBX2 54*, Vokey SM8 58*

TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Pro V1