Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Subscription or One Time Cost?

Hey guys, I am continuing work on an online AI swing coach. I am making great progress and was wanting your opinion on pricing. Would you rather pay a subscription fee of $10/month for online swing lessons, AI swing coach, and online AI club fitting, or would you rather pay a one time fee of $5 for an online AI swing coach or AI club fitting? Thanks!

:ping-small: G430 LST 10.5* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X)

:ping-small: G430 MAX 14* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 7X)

:ping-small: iCrossover 17* (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 80X)

:ping-small: i230 4-PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100)

:titelist-small: SM8 50* F Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 54* F Grind; 10* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 58* M Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:ping-small: PLD Anser 2

:taylormade-small: TP5X

"Practice like you've never won. Play like you've never lost."

8 minutes ago, Ultimate Junior Golfer said:

Hey guys, I am continuing work on an online AI swing coach. I am making great progress and was wanting your opinion on pricing. Would you rather pay a subscription fee of $10/month for online swing lessons, AI swing coach, and online AI club fitting, or would you rather pay a one time fee of $5 for an online AI swing coach or AI club fitting? Thanks!

Well, I have an everyday coach for 49.00 per year. I can physically talk to this person everyday during " Office Hours" Where are you buying your "AI" from? IBM or, are you just using the term related to interactive website. I have an old Arnold Palmer training wheel to tell me what to do for a slice. I wish you the best of luck, dont forget data security👍🇺🇸⛳

13 minutes ago, 10shot said:

Well, I have an everyday coach for 49.00 per year. I can physically talk to this person everyday during " Office Hours" Where are you buying your "AI" from? IBM or, are you just using the term related to interactive website. I have an old Arnold Palmer training wheel to tell me what to do for a slice. I wish you the best of luck, dont forget data security👍🇺🇸⛳

As for AI, I am using a custom dataset with Google Tenserflow.js. I am currently collecting swing data (I have about 2500 swings right now). It can diagnose and fix over 50 swing issues.

Edited by Ultimate Junior Golfer

:ping-small: G430 LST 10.5* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X)

:ping-small: G430 MAX 14* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 7X)

:ping-small: iCrossover 17* (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 80X)

:ping-small: i230 4-PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100)

:titelist-small: SM8 50* F Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 54* F Grind; 10* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 58* M Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:ping-small: PLD Anser 2

:taylormade-small: TP5X

"Practice like you've never won. Play like you've never lost."

• 2 weeks later...

@Ultimate Junior Golfer - I still like your idea.  As for me, I like the pay-as-you-go model, but you'll probably make more with subscriptions.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Let's see.  $5 once, or $10 per month.  Um, I'm not the smartest at math, but I think no matter how you do the numbers there, the $5 once deal wins.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
On 3/18/2020 at 7:25 PM, PuffyC said:

I need another ongoing monthly subscription like I need a kick to the groin.

I am also in the "subscription fatigue" camp.  I understand it from a business perspective.  However, as a consumer there are just too many subscriptions services now that the word "subscription" is almost an immediate turn off.  Perhaps a mixed model would is the best approach?  Offer both pay-as-you-go and subscription.  Pricing then becomes the critical decision but that is for another topic. 

While an interesting idea, I prefer (as do most of the people that I have taught) the one on one interaction between the student and the Professional. The AI just can't have a real-time conversation with the student to determine actual needs and goals. Some swings have more than one flaw. Usually fixing the worst of them can fix some of the others.

I'll stick to live instruction....sorry.

:titelist-small: TSi2 9.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3 15 / 18.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3H 20° (set for 22)

:titelist-small: CNCPT 5i-48°

:vokey-small: SM8 52° / 58°

:cameron-small: Fastback 1.0 Circle T

This is a really cool concept, would you use video sumissions to analyze the swing, or are you looking at a device similar to a Mizuno shaft optimizer?? I think that to begin at least, leaning more towards a pay as you go would be smart. In my mind it will be difficult for early adopters of the AI coach concept to commit to a subscription. However, after you establish a track record of high performance and results people may be more willing to consider a subscription.

I know personally if I am looking at this as a new product, I do not want to pay monthly until/unless I know it works, but heck $5 for a virtual fitting, even if it just gives me an idea of what clubs to look at, would be great when you think of the alternative costs of fitting. Also, if I am gearing up for the season and don't want full on lessons, but a quick fix to shake that rust; paying $10-15 for a couple lessons to make the most of the golf season would be nice.