Sign in to follow this  
Shankster

Hypothetical 2050 Ryder Cup

Our Sponsors

With all of the craziness going on in the world. Ive been thinking about the Ryder Cup for this year, and hopefully the news feeds clear out of anything related to COVID...

So, the 2050 Ryder Cup, taking place at Royal County Downs in Ireland with the Captain 12 time major winner McIlory hosing the USA team Captained by none other than 20 time major winner Brooks Koepka.

As the first battle between these two as Playing Captains. The weather is very unkind, but Brooks seems to think his 10 Open Championship wins gives the team an edge.

Rory finished runner up to Brooks in all of his wins, the rivalry between these two is unmatched. With assistant Captain Tiger Woods in his hovercraft I think the US has a slight edge, even on Irish soil.

Let’s get some hypothetical outcomes going here to lighten the mood.

Ok. I’ll go first....

Being the leaders that they are,

First draw was BK vs RM...

After a back and forth battle all day long, they ended up AS to finish the match.

The 2050 ryder cup is 30 years away;  most of today's 20 year olds would be 50 so I don't see them playing.

Charlie Woods vs. Dash Day  - Day crushes Woods 5-4

• Like 2

Haha. Maybe I should have picked an earlier date.

But I’d put my money on TJ (Tiger Junior)

• Like 3

Cameron and Carson Kuchnar are the USA team anchors and wallop Luke Poulter and Franklin Fleetwood in Sundays matches to keep the cup in the USA trophy case for a record breaking 30th time.  

• Like 2

Lexi Thompson and Matt Wolfe have a son who has dual membership on PGA and European Tour.  In an unimaginable turn of events, he has to play himself in the Sunday singles and somehow manages to beat himself and gives the USA a half point victory.  He is then tackled on the 18th green by Brandel Chamblee who has escaped from the local old folks home.

Well, that's how I see it anyways.

Good lord, I miss being able to go outside 🤪

• Like 2

Lexi Thompson and Matt Wolfe have a son who has dual membership on PGA and European Tour.  In an unimaginable turn of events, he has to play himself in the Sunday singles and somehow manages to beat himself and gives the USA a half point victory.  He is then tackled on the 18th green by Brandel Chamblee who has escaped from the local old folks home.
Well, that's how I see it anyways.
Good lord, I miss being able to go outside 🤪

Now that is a headliner...
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

It just dawned on me that 2050 is a long ways away.  Crazy to think what the game will be like then.  15000 yard long courses and 500 yard drives?  Or super narrow courses with punishing rough and insane greens?  The Brandel Chamblee part is probably still spot on though....

• Like 1