Putter offset in relation to eye dominance

LoganT

I’m right/right dominate, but also wear mono vision contacts. Left for reading and right for distance. Unfortunately the ball tends to be in a no man’s land and I need to consciously focus to get it zeroed in. Was driving me crazy and I just shifted back to a more feel oriented putting style.

Anyone else using mini vision contacts and a little bewildered?

Right/Right...give me the flow necks with less than a full shaft of offset please...

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :cobra-small: Forged Tec Black 4i, King Forged CB 5-GW w/ KBS $ Taper 130

New Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

I used a Odessay 9  Flow neck with little offset. which seems to fit my eye for most of my putting life 

I felt that I was not rolling it as well as other people with more modern putters and switch to plumbers neck which looks really ugly to me.
However if I hold the putter cack hand the neck design actually makes sense to me and looks much better and fits my stroke.  
I notice that cack hand  grip keeps my wrist arched downward and I have been rolling the ball better 
I don’t believe that eye dominance makes a difference 

Edited by Haro

• 1 month later...

I'm RH and Left Eye dominant. A few observations I've made over the years: little to no offset is preferred and I need the ball position at or forward of my left eye if I'm going to start a putt in the right direction. Also, I am a non-linear putter (as most of us are even though we will always try to be linear at some point) 

Right/Left and I’ve used center shafted and full offset and I get the same results. Most of what I’ve read has always advised right/left should use no offset/center shafted, but I can’t say that has been the go to for me. I have a Seemore Z2 (CS) and and Odyssey 10 2 Ball TT and I put better with the Odyssey (mostly due to better lag putting with the mallet). But I would say that I am very dependent on alignment aids-  wonder I wonder is that has anything to do with being Right/Left? 

Driver: Ping 425 Max; Rogue White 70

3 Wood: Ping 410; Mitsubishi Tensei Orange

7 Wood: Callaway Steelhead

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Titleist 53 degree, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Odyssey 10 Tour Lined; Seemore Z2

Eye dominance or field of vision or degrading vision only seems to have an effect on how I see the line and where my head position needs to be to keep from subconsciously adjusting the stroke.  I putt about the same mechanically with any type putter.

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  :ping-small: Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Right handed left eye dominant and I had a very hard time lining up a putter until I went to a center shaft putter.  Zero offset just seems to help me see the line better.  I’m actually curious about trying to build a putter with negative offset (I know some exist but am not blown away by any of the existing models).  Going to a center shaft putter has really helped my game.