Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Oh, Tom...

GolfSpy Barbajo

I like to joke with my kids that Tom Brady has brought me more joy in my life than any other living human. Sometimes they're not sure I'm joking...and sometimes I'm not so sure. 

Am sinking into the 5 Stages of Grief this morning. Need a little George to get me through...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Brady to Carolina.  You heard it here first.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Nope, he's headed back to Michigan to coach the Wolverines.  He's going to buy out Harbaugh's contract himself. 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Glad this is finally over with. Now the Pats can grab an FA like Bridgewater and move on.

I don’t begrudge him this choice. His whole career he’s heard that he’s won due to Belichick. He wants to try and prove everyone who’s said that wrong. Don’t know how he’s planning on doing that at age 43 but good luck to him.

I suffered through the 80’s and 90’s with this team so it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

20 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Glad this is finally over with. Now the Pats can grab an FA like Bridgewater and move on.

I don’t begrudge him this choice. His whole career he’s heard that he’s won due to Belichick. He wants to try and prove everyone who’s said that wrong. Don’t know how he’s planning on doing that at age 43 but good luck to him.

Bridgewater signing in Carolina 

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Nope, he's headed back to Michigan to coach the Wolverines.  He's going to buy out Harbaugh's contract himself. 😆

... I would love to see him retire. At 43 he is one play away from a bad concussion or a catastrophic injury that is difficult to recover from at his age. It has been a pleasure watching him play but time to ride off into the sunset with his body in tact or as much intact as a 43 yr old that has played too many years in the NFL. I have had 3 surgeries from playing QB in high school and college and just can't imagine the kind of wear and tear the NFL can do to the human body.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... I would love to see him retire. At 43 he is one play away from a bad concussion or a catastrophic injury that is difficult to recover from at his age. It has been a pleasure watching him play but time to ride off into the sunset with his body in tact or as much intact as a 43 yr old that has played too many years in the NFL. I have had 3 surgeries from playing QB in high school and college and just can't imagine the kind of wear and tear the NFL can do to the human body.  

If he was going to retire... the last super bowl win would have been a grand exit... instead he is going to Farve us all...

I'm okay with Tampa Bay - if he had signed with the Colts it would have been a different story. Seriously, hope he wins another Super Bowl, just not against the Pats. 

I'm a Stidham man now all the way! I always knew Jarett would make good. May he someday be up there with the greatest #4 in all of history...1180461429.jpg.0.jpg

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

We’re a Pats household, but Tom had to leave sooner or later. His best years are clearly behind him, so if he isn’t successful with the Bucs (or whoever), his Pats legacy is sealed. I wouldn’t think Pats fans would want to watch Tom deteriorate in a Pats jersey either like Peyton Manning’s sad last year in Denver.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Prediction time, Just like the Colts after they lost Peyton and got Luck, Pats 2020 = Tank 4 Trevor

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

21 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Suffered???!!!!  You went to the freaking Super Bowl in '85 and '96!!!  Suffered???!!!!

Try being a Dolphins, Jets or Bills fan.  Now THAT is true suffering.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Suffered???!!!!  You went to the freaking Super Bowl in '85 and '96!!!  Suffered???!!!!

Lions fan here. That, my friend, is suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

Prediction time, Just like the Colts after they lost Peyton and got Luck, Pats 2020 = Tank 4 Trevor

No way in hell Belichick would ever allow that. Ever.

I’d imagine hell couldn’t be worse than paying to watch Buffalo play through the Dick Jauron years.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

24 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I’d imagine hell couldn’t be worse than paying to watch Buffalo play through the Dick Jauron years.

I remember Jauron playing for Yale.

Given the number of times that Brady beat Buffalo, having him out of the division can't hurt.

I wish that he'd have retired, though.

Rocky Marciano retired at 32 with a 49-0 record.

Willie Mays retired at 42 after looking pathetic with the Mets.

I'd hate for Brady to go out like Mays.

I agree with Nifty Niblick.
The game of American football just ceased to exist for me.
There's nothing that can follow the Kraft/Belichick/Brady era.
Why bother?

Oh god they’re multiplying.

Make it stop!!! Make it stoooooooop!!!

4 hours ago, RetiredBoomer said:

I agree with Nifty Niblick.

The game of American football just ceased to exist for me.

There's nothing that can follow the Kraft/Belichick/Brady era.

Why bother?

Mahomes put on a pretty good show last year, along with a few others. I’ll be surprised if the Pats or the Bucs are in the hunt next year, but who knows.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

... IF there is a football season in 2020 and being distracted at the moment maybe ain't a bad thing, I love what the Bears have done. Injuries to many key players last year along with Trubisky not progressing really helped derail the season. But now that his shoulder has been repaired we should see a step forward and if not Nick Foles is certainly capable of leading the offense. Adding Graham at TE and having Burton healthy again is huge. With Trevathan healed and signed, along with Hicks healthy and especially signing Robert Quinn so doubling and tripling Mack is no longer an option, I expect the Bears defense to be off the charts. So Trubisky or Foles will only need to be good, not great and he has been very good. Admittedly without my rose colored glasses on the offense will need to improve if a SB is the goal, but with this defense healthy, teams are not gonna want to play the Bears. 

Brady. Yeah, just not that big of a fan. I think too much is made about this stuff. I’ll make a prediction: Tampa won’t win the next Super Bowl, whenever it’s played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

At least with no Sports being played we have something interesting to Chirp about

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 3/18/2020 at 6:04 PM, Rickp said:

At least with no Sports being played we have something interesting to Chirp aboutemoji16.png

... Some of may remember our starting QB in college went on to play for the Giants. I talked to him about a decision to keep playing in there NFL or take a secure job as the AD at his old high school district and he asked me how much harder was it to play QB in college compared to high school and I said about 10 times harder. He agreed and then asked me how much harder did I think it might be to play QB in the NFL compared to college and I said double that so 20 times harder? He said "I wish" no it is 100 times harder. Every defender is so much faster, stronger and more athletic than college players. Defenses take advantage of those traits hiding and shifting their defense before and after the snap and DB's bait you into throws you have successfully made your entire career but ends up as a pick in there NFL. Physically not a whole lot of difference but mentally it is a completely different game. 

... Reminds me of golf. There are a ton of great golfers on mini tours, in college and even winning club championships that can match any PGA player shot for shot. But under pressure playing the most difficult courses the difference between a PGA Tour player and a mini tour player is all mental. So I would make the comparison that Mahomes is Tiger with an unmatched physical game and a mental game only matched by a handful of players. Brady reminds me of Nicklaus, especially late in his career. While he had the necessary skills to win at the highest level, nobody would make the argument that Jack was the most gifted physically player. But in his prime his mental command was in a league of it's own. Brady was drafted in the 6th round. 6th round!!! That tells us no team thought he had the physical ability to start let alone excel isn the NFL. His mental command of the QB is unmatched especially compared to his physical abilities. I am in awe of the man and expect him to be a big boost for the Bucs franchise that has been held back for years by mental mistakes at QB. Sadly he is on his last legs and I am not sure he has much left in the tank physically.

... I am reminded of Walter Payton that said his rookie year he needed one day for his body to recover and he was good to go. Every year or two that went to 3, 4, 5 and 6 days to recover as he got older. By his early 30's he said he was not 100% recovered by game day and knew it was time to quit. Brady will be 43 next season and as long as his line protects him he should be OK. But if he is injured or takes a beating, I think his age will have a huge impact on his ability to play at the highest level. It should be fun to watch though! 

I won't necessarily disagree, I don't know how much Tom has left in the tank, but what he's doing with his fitness and pliability regimen and his strict diet are not what anyone has really done before in the NFL. Everything he does is designed to allow his body to stand up to the requirements of being an NFL quarterback. I haven't seen anything in recent years that suggest he's truly declined or "fallen off the cliff" as some pundits have predicted by this stage of his career.

I'm interested to see how things play out. I fully expect the Bucs to be strong contenders with Tom at QB and the young weapons they have on offense coupled with the offensive minds of Bruce Arians and Peyton's old QB coach. I'm a Pats fan first but I'll be supporting Brady for as long as he's playing in the NFL.

... Some of may remember our starting QB in college went on to play for the Giants. I talked to him about a decision to keep playing in there NFL or take a secure job as the AD at his old high school district and he asked me how much harder was it to play QB in college compared to high school and I said about 10 times harder. He agreed and then asked me how much harder did I think it might be to play QB in the NFL compared to college and I said double that so 20 times harder? He said "I wish" no it is 100 times harder. Every defender is so much faster, stronger and more athletic than college players. Defenses take advantage of those traits hiding and shifting their defense before and after the snap and DB's bait you into throws you have successfully made your entire career but ends up as a pick in there NFL. Physically not a whole lot of difference but mentally it is a completely different game. 

... Reminds me of golf. There are a ton of great golfers on mini tours, in college and even winning club championships that can match any PGA player shot for shot. But under pressure playing the most difficult courses the difference between a PGA Tour player and a mini tour player is all mental. So I would make the comparison that Mahomes is Tiger with an unmatched physical game and a mental game only matched by a handful of players. Brady reminds me of Nicklaus, especially late in his career. While he had the necessary skills to win at the highest level, nobody would make the argument that Jack was the most gifted physically player. But in his prime his mental command was in a league of it's own. Brady was drafted in the 6th round. 6th round!!! That tells us no team thought he had the physical ability to start let alone excel isn the NFL. His mental command of the QB is unmatched especially compared to his physical abilities. I am in awe of the man and expect him to be a big boost for the Bucs franchise that has been held back for years by mental mistakes at QB. Sadly he is on his last legs and I am not sure he has much left in the tank physically.

... I am reminded of Walter Payton that said his rookie year he needed one day for his body to recover and he was good to go. Every year or two that went to 3, 4, 5 and 6 days to recover as he got older. By his early 30's he said he was not 100% recovered by game day and knew it was time to quit. Brady will be 43 next season and as long as his line protects him he should be OK. But if he is injured or takes a beating, I think his age will have a huge impact on his ability to play at the highest level. It should be fun to watch though! 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

... It isn't a question of what kind of shape Brady is in at his age. We all know it is pretty remarkable. It is a question of can he recover from the wear and tear of an NFL season on a week to week basis if he is hard hit or has any kind of injury. Because at his age it takes the body much longer to recover than to did at 23 let alone 33 and certainly age 43. Bruce is no dummy and certainly considered all of this before giving the OK to sign Brady and of course much smarter than I when it comes to his football team so we will just have to see what unfolds.

On 3/17/2020 at 11:48 AM, chisag said:

It has been a pleasure watching him play but time to ride off into the sunset with his body in tact or as much intact as a 43 yr old that has played too many years in the NFL

Boy... I wish I hadn't watched that old 1997 video of George Harrison. Actually, I could only handle about 1 minute of it. I rather prefer thinking of him with the Beatles way back in the day. When this thing was recorded - All things had passed. Same with old Brady. Guys (like Brady) never know when to give it up.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour