Our Sponsors

I agree with Nifty Niblick.
The game of American football just ceased to exist for me.
There's nothing that can follow the Kraft/Belichick/Brady era.
Why bother?

Oh god they’re multiplying.

Make it stop!!! Make it stoooooooop!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

4 hours ago, RetiredBoomer said:

I agree with Nifty Niblick.

The game of American football just ceased to exist for me.

There's nothing that can follow the Kraft/Belichick/Brady era.

Why bother?

Mahomes put on a pretty good show last year, along with a few others. I’ll be surprised if the Pats or the Bucs are in the hunt next year, but who knows.

• Callaway Rogue 10.5° 9.5°D & 3W
  • Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B (replaced ER2)
  • and 14th club - Mizuno CLK 3H 19° OR MP-20 HMB 3i 19°
  • Snell MTB-X (replaced Black)

... IF there is a football season in 2020 and being distracted at the moment maybe ain't a bad thing, I love what the Bears have done. Injuries to many key players last year along with Trubisky not progressing really helped derail the season. But now that his shoulder has been repaired we should see a step forward and if not Nick Foles is certainly capable of leading the offense. Adding Graham at TE and having Burton healthy again is huge. With Trevathan healed and signed, along with Hicks healthy and especially signing Robert Quinn so doubling and tripling Mack is no longer an option, I expect the Bears defense to be off the charts. So Trubisky or Foles will only need to be good, not great and he has been very good. Admittedly without my rose colored glasses on the offense will need to improve if a SB is the goal, but with this defense healthy, teams are not gonna want to play the Bears. 

• Like 2

Driver:   Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9* ... Tensei Orange 60s
Fw wood: Cobra Speedzone 14.5* ... Atmos TS Blue 7s
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Tensei Pro Orange 80 hy s-flex
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 110 s-flex 4 iron shaft
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Brady. Yeah, just not that big of a fan. I think too much is made about this stuff. I’ll make a prediction: Tampa won’t win the next Super Bowl, whenever it’s played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

At least with no Sports being played we have something interesting to Chirp about

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 3/18/2020 at 6:04 PM, Rickp said:

At least with no Sports being played we have something interesting to Chirp aboutemoji16.png

... Some of may remember our starting QB in college went on to play for the Giants. I talked to him about a decision to keep playing in there NFL or take a secure job as the AD at his old high school district and he asked me how much harder was it to play QB in college compared to high school and I said about 10 times harder. He agreed and then asked me how much harder did I think it might be to play QB in the NFL compared to college and I said double that so 20 times harder? He said "I wish" no it is 100 times harder. Every defender is so much faster, stronger and more athletic than college players. Defenses take advantage of those traits hiding and shifting their defense before and after the snap and DB's bait you into throws you have successfully made your entire career but ends up as a pick in there NFL. Physically not a whole lot of difference but mentally it is a completely different game. 

... Reminds me of golf. There are a ton of great golfers on mini tours, in college and even winning club championships that can match any PGA player shot for shot. But under pressure playing the most difficult courses the difference between a PGA Tour player and a mini tour player is all mental. So I would make the comparison that Mahomes is Tiger with an unmatched physical game and a mental game only matched by a handful of players. Brady reminds me of Nicklaus, especially late in his career. While he had the necessary skills to win at the highest level, nobody would make the argument that Jack was the most gifted physically player. But in his prime his mental command was in a league of it's own. Brady was drafted in the 6th round. 6th round!!! That tells us no team thought he had the physical ability to start let alone excel isn the NFL. His mental command of the QB is unmatched especially compared to his physical abilities. I am in awe of the man and expect him to be a big boost for the Bucs franchise that has been held back for years by mental mistakes at QB. Sadly he is on his last legs and I am not sure he has much left in the tank physically.

... I am reminded of Walter Payton that said his rookie year he needed one day for his body to recover and he was good to go. Every year or two that went to 3, 4, 5 and 6 days to recover as he got older. By his early 30's he said he was not 100% recovered by game day and knew it was time to quit. Brady will be 43 next season and as long as his line protects him he should be OK. But if he is injured or takes a beating, I think his age will have a huge impact on his ability to play at the highest level. It should be fun to watch though! 

• Like 2

I won't necessarily disagree, I don't know how much Tom has left in the tank, but what he's doing with his fitness and pliability regimen and his strict diet are not what anyone has really done before in the NFL. Everything he does is designed to allow his body to stand up to the requirements of being an NFL quarterback. I haven't seen anything in recent years that suggest he's truly declined or "fallen off the cliff" as some pundits have predicted by this stage of his career.

I'm interested to see how things play out. I fully expect the Bucs to be strong contenders with Tom at QB and the young weapons they have on offense coupled with the offensive minds of Bruce Arians and Peyton's old QB coach. I'm a Pats fan first but I'll be supporting Brady for as long as he's playing in the NFL.

... Some of may remember our starting QB in college went on to play for the Giants. I talked to him about a decision to keep playing in there NFL or take a secure job as the AD at his old high school district and he asked me how much harder was it to play QB in college compared to high school and I said about 10 times harder. He agreed and then asked me how much harder did I think it might be to play QB in the NFL compared to college and I said double that so 20 times harder? He said "I wish" no it is 100 times harder. Every defender is so much faster, stronger and more athletic than college players. Defenses take advantage of those traits hiding and shifting their defense before and after the snap and DB's bait you into throws you have successfully made your entire career but ends up as a pick in there NFL. Physically not a whole lot of difference but mentally it is a completely different game. 

... Reminds me of golf. There are a ton of great golfers on mini tours, in college and even winning club championships that can match any PGA player shot for shot. But under pressure playing the most difficult courses the difference between a PGA Tour player and a mini tour player is all mental. So I would make the comparison that Mahomes is Tiger with an unmatched physical game and a mental game only matched by a handful of players. Brady reminds me of Nicklaus, especially late in his career. While he had the necessary skills to win at the highest level, nobody would make the argument that Jack was the most gifted physically player. But in his prime his mental command was in a league of it's own. Brady was drafted in the 6th round. 6th round!!! That tells us no team thought he had the physical ability to start let alone excel isn the NFL. His mental command of the QB is unmatched especially compared to his physical abilities. I am in awe of the man and expect him to be a big boost for the Bucs franchise that has been held back for years by mental mistakes at QB. Sadly he is on his last legs and I am not sure he has much left in the tank physically.

... I am reminded of Walter Payton that said his rookie year he needed one day for his body to recover and he was good to go. Every year or two that went to 3, 4, 5 and 6 days to recover as he got older. By his early 30's he said he was not 100% recovered by game day and knew it was time to quit. Brady will be 43 next season and as long as his line protects him he should be OK. But if he is injured or takes a beating, I think his age will have a huge impact on his ability to play at the highest level. It should be fun to watch though! 

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

... It isn't a question of what kind of shape Brady is in at his age. We all know it is pretty remarkable. It is a question of can he recover from the wear and tear of an NFL season on a week to week basis if he is hard hit or has any kind of injury. Because at his age it takes the body much longer to recover than to did at 23 let alone 33 and certainly age 43. Bruce is no dummy and certainly considered all of this before giving the OK to sign Brady and of course much smarter than I when it comes to his football team so we will just have to see what unfolds.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 11:48 AM, chisag said:

It has been a pleasure watching him play but time to ride off into the sunset with his body in tact or as much intact as a 43 yr old that has played too many years in the NFL

Boy... I wish I hadn't watched that old 1997 video of George Harrison. Actually, I could only handle about 1 minute of it. I rather prefer thinking of him with the Beatles way back in the day. When this thing was recorded - All things had passed. Same with old Brady. Guys (like Brady) never know when to give it up.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour