TESTERS WANTED! ×

Does Anyone Have Any Experience with Scotty Cameron Custom Shop?

Ultimate Junior Golfer

With the COVID-19 virus cancelling all of my tournaments for the next six weeks, and with me closing on a web project, I figured it might be time to treat myself. Ever since I got my Scotty Cameron last year, I've wanted it customized. I feel it adds some personality to the putter. Before I spend a decent amount of money, I just wanted to see if any other Spies had experience with the Custom Shop, and if so, any tips or advice.

Thanks!

:ping-small: G430 LST 10.5* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X)

:ping-small: G430 MAX 14* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 7X)

:ping-small: iCrossover 17* (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 80X)

:ping-small: i230 4-PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100)

:titelist-small: SM8 50* F Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 54* F Grind; 10* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 58* M Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:ping-small: PLD Anser 2

:taylormade-small: TP5X

"Practice like you've never won. Play like you've never lost."

I did a Scotty project with a different company and it came out awesome. It was definitely less in cost than going through the Scotty Cameron shop. Depends if you only want your work done by the Scotty shop or not.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Hi,

It been several years, but I have had 3 to 4 putter refinished or other work done by Scotty Custom Shop. All of those were very positive experiences. I am sure they have added a lot of new options, but their customer services was excellent. I know there are less expensive options available, but personally, I would stick with Scotty.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

It’s been awhile since I’ve checked but the backlog was longer than the original 6 weeks or so. Most of the people I’ve seen send stuff in have had good service and their qc is pretty high. I’ve seen in other forums guys have putter delayed because the paint job wasn’t up to their standards.

Something to keep in mind is they have shut most things down as part of covid and with cali in full lockdown it’s more than likely they are completely shut down

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Putter shop is super expensive.

putterspa,  bosgolf or continental golf.    I have friends that have used all three and they were amazing.    Also, way cheaper than custom shop.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

7 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

Putter shop is super expensive.

putterspa,  bosgolf or continental golf.    I have friends that have used all three and they were amazing.    Also, way cheaper than custom shop.

But if someone other than scotty does work the amount of things scotty will do if one sends in to them later is limited without doing a full restore

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

I had a positive experience with the custom shop. It is pricey and like others said you may want to check the current backlog. You can likely call and ask.

:taylormade-small: M5 9.0* 
:titelist-small: 915d 18* & 21*
:titelist-small: 716 AP2 4&5
:titelist-small: ZB 6-P
:titelist-small: SM7 52-F, 56-S & SM6 60-K
:cameron-small: Futura X5

2 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

But if someone other than scotty does work the amount of things scotty will do if one sends in to them later is limited without doing a full restore

I am not sure why you would ever want to send it in to Scotty.   You pretty much get a full restore when you send it into these other places 

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

54 minutes ago, Hotdocta said:

I am not sure why you would ever want to send it in to Scotty.   You pretty much get a full restore when you send it into these other places 

If there’s an issue with the putter and the owner sends it to scotty they tend to refuse to do work on something that’s been altered by another company.

I've had a few putters customized from the custom shop and a few by other places.  The quality from all have been amazing and about equal.  The CS is MUCH more expensive.  I only use the custom shop when I might want to sell the putter later.  I had a few things done to my button back and still have it.  If you want specific scotty stamps or headcovers, the custom shop is the only place to get it.  But they are also generally limited in finish or stamps or placements.  If you want some cool finish or different stamping or engraving, there are plenty of great sources.

I have 2 good examples of different refinishing/customizing.  The first one is a Mizuno Betti with a BOS finish that was all beat to hell and back before refinishing.  The second is a classic oil can newport that went to the custom shop for a pro platinum finish, a stamp and top line.  It was not as beat to hell but it was dinged up a lot.

Mizuno Betti:

post-447-0-02181100-1468850608.jpg

Classic Newport:

cameron.thumb.jpg.05ce4978097ca1b7135cac91ef8f13dc.jpg

Edited by JokerUSN

• 2 weeks later...

I had my Cameron custom cut to proper length and new grip installed.  The reason was I wanted to be sure it was done properly.  For instance, I was wanting to make sure the grip was on straight.  Having a grip on not perfectly square, could mean a open or closed face.  Kinda pricy however, with shipping and all that, but well worth the piece of mind.  You get what you pay for. Straight grip on the putter is a must!  And yes their work is quality.

Ping g400 max driver

Cally 7 and 5 wood 

ping g400 irons

cleveland wedge