Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

StrokerAce

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

Do you feel comfortable golfing during the shutdown?

Indoor or outdoor?

Are you walking or riding in a cart?

Will you be pulling the flagstick or leaving it in?

Any other specific things you might be doing to keep safe (i.e. wearing 2 gloves, keeping a safe distance when walking, etc.)?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

This seemed to be a bit of an overreaction to me...

QUINCY — On Saturday afternoon, Presidents Golf Course was paradise.

It was an 18-hole sanctuary from the coronavirus national emergency. Everyone was smiling on the 93-acre course, even after blown tap-ins and sliced drives.

One golfer said he felt as if he just got a “get out of jail card,” and another confessed to seeking a break from his germophobe wife. Most said it was a thrilling return to normalcy.

But beware the Ides of March. Word was soon passed among the staff that the municipal golf course would be closed Sunday until further notice because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The course already was taking precautions to avoid contamination.

Golf carts were banned to minimize contamination. Some players objected and cancelled tee times, but the slots were quickly taken, and the 52-degree day was a sellout.

In the pro shop there was a “wipe and swipe” sign at the cashier and employees cleaned all common areas regularly.

There was even new etiquette on the course — players were asked not to touch or remove the flagstick, and signs encouraged players to maintain social distance and use “hands free” celebrations for birdie putts that dropped.

A sign warned patrons to avoid using a shared water fountain.
A sign warned patrons to avoid using a shared water fountain. STAN GROSSFELD/ GLOBE STAFF

In the clubhouse, the bar at The View Restaurant and Tavern was doing a brisk business, and most of the golfers took the closing in stride. Some were upset.

The golf Saturday was “awesome,” but the closing “stupid," said Kevin Barry of Quincy.

“I think they are overdoing it. This is a golf course, it’s probably the safest place in the world, it’s outside, away from everyone. It’s dumb," he said.

A season-pass holder, Barry said he understood some of the precautions like no golf carts and didn’t mind walking the course.

Michael Mullen, director of Norfolk County, which oversees the club, said in a phone interview the decision to close the course was made “under an abundance of caution and following the trend we are seeing across the Commonwealth and the country. We will be constantly reassessing as we go along, as the public health situation continues to evolve.”

Told that some golfers thought the closing was overdoing it, he was unperturbed.

“We take our obligation as a governmental entity and our responsibility to the public all very seriously,” he said.

The View Restaurant and Tavern, inside the clubhouse, reluctantly decided to close as well.

“People assume that when the golf course is closed, we’re closed, so we are going to go with the golf course decision, to be safe rather than sorry,” said general manager Bill Fraser, who expressed concern about the effect on his staff and the economy.

It meant that students from North Quincy High and Fontbonne Academy would not be able to work jobs in the pro shops.

The golfers at the bar drank Bud Lite and drowned their sorrows.

“A lot of the golfers are angry,” Fraser said. “But they also understand it’s an unfortunate situation. So there is two sides to it. They’re mad that they can’t play golf but they understand the situation.”

Out on the course, no one worried about their handicaps, and some deliberately didn’t peek at their cellphones. It was old fashioned golf, a throwback to another era.

“It’s freakin’ great,” said Zach Field of Amesbury as he climbed the hill to the 4th hole and had a bird’s-eye view of the Boston skyline, while hoisting a Harpoon beer. “I’m not thinking about the virus.”

Zach Field of Amesbury played a round at Presidents Golf Course on Saturday.
Zach Field of Amesbury played a round at Presidents Golf Course on Saturday. STAN GROSSFELD/ GLOBE STAFF

Ryan Acone, of East Boston was grateful for the break and all the safety precautions.

“They are doing everything on God’s green earth they can do and still accommodating people. It’s a good escape to be out in Mother Nature and be social and not touching stuff and not at risk. Here you can still feel a sense of normalcy because if you’re just inside, you are going to get stir crazy," he said.

David Deuren said he was grateful to play, even for just one round.

“It was great to get outside, but I’m really worried about [the virus],” he said.

Randal Sklar was just savoring every moment.

“I’m having a blast out here today,” he said. “I’m not mad. It’s their call, but it is upsetting. It’s tough, a golf course seems like a pretty safe place to be and now you can’t even come out here so it looks like we will be stuck inside for a little bit. I’ll stay inside, have a couple of drinks and watch Netflix.”

Tee times sold out at Presidents Golf Course on Saturday, where two golfers avoided more traditional high-fives in favor of elbow knocks.
Tee times sold out at Presidents Golf Course on Saturday, where two golfers avoided more traditional high-fives in favor of elbow knocks. STAN GROSSFELD/ GLOBE STAFF
Presidents Golf Course will remain closed indefinitely because of coronavirus.

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Yep, played golf yesterday and rode in a cart. At work today.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Couldn't read the link without logging in, no thanks. Unless they close courses, I hope to keep playing golf as social distancing is all but guaranteed after paying. It may be one of the few activities I can safely enjoy while we all go through this pandemic!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

1 minute ago, Middler said:

Couldn't read the link without logging in, no thanks. Unless they close courses, I hope to keep playing golf as social distancing is all but guaranteed after paying. It may be one of the few activities I can safely enjoy while we all go through this pandemic!

Sorry....updated it and removed the link.

Unless there are people in the trees then I think I'm okay.  LOL!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

I don't plan on changing any of my activities or schedule.  I golfed both Saturday and Sunday, and will continue to do so.  I am hoping to visit TopGolf tonight.  I work remotely from home, or any location with wifi, so my work has not been affected by this whatsoever.

My personal opinion is that there are more traffic fatalities than deaths from any virus, so with that in mind what are we supposed to do then, ban all cars and close all roads?  I'll continue to live my life without fear.  This is just my opinion and life, so if you have a different perspective, to each his own.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Becoming the norm. Can’t go into the apartment complex to visit my mother; they are asked to stay in apartments and not leave. Fast food going to drive through only, some closing. Went to a convenience store and they requested using napkins/towels to fill fountain drinks. At least things are probably cleaner .

I expect to see more measures like this as the illness count increases.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

At the moment my home club remains open, but with increased precautions for staff and management, and suggested precautions for members.  Carts are available, but are being disinfected between uses, hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility.  I enjoy walking, and I'll continue to play that way.  Indoor social events have been cancelled or postponed, but the bar and restaurant are still open.  Based on everything I've read, this seems reasonable for now, but if additional restrictions or closures become appropriate, I'm OK with it.  Many of my golfing friends are in the "more at risk" age range, including myself, and I don't want golf to be at the root of someone's serious illness.  

18 minutes ago, Mr. 82 said:

My personal opinion is that there are more traffic fatalities than deaths from any virus, so with that in mind what are we supposed to do then, ban all cars and close all roads?  I'll continue to live my life without fear.  This is just my opinion and life, so if you have a different perspective, to each his own.

This is probably true, but this particular virus has to potential to overwhelm our health system.  Not saying it will, just that it could if it spreads too rapidly and too extensively.  Its done just that in Italy.  So if we (WE, as a group of individuals) need to inconvenience ourselves for a while to slow the spread, I'm OK with it.  As you said, we each have our own opinion.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Yes as long as my club is open. Will more than likely walk and carry rather than take a cart more for the exercise than fear of the virus. That being said the State of NY is pretty much closed so I assume that golf courses will start closing soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

As long as the courses in my area are open, I will play (when the rain stops... 😞 ). I will also probably walk - not going to gamble sharing a cart with strangers, but might ride if teeing it up with friends.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

25 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

This is probably true, but this particular virus has to potential to overwhelm our health system.  Not saying it will, just that it could if it spreads too rapidly and too extensively.  Its done just that in Italy.  So if we (WE, as a group of individuals) need to inconvenience ourselves for a while to slow the spread, I'm OK with it.  As you said, we each have our own opinion.

Agree here.  My wife is in the healthcare industry and while I don't see any reason to slow my normal activities, I am because I don't want to spread anything to those who might have more difficulty fighting it.  Another issue is that many could have it and it be unknown for up to 14 days or with symptoms so much like a common cold or flu, believe they have that.

Imagine the craziness that has ensued at the supermarkets hitting all of the hospitals.  There simply isn't the infrastructure in place to digest that.  Let alone healthcare professionals will also not be immune so there will be fewer who can help those that need it. 

I am far away from thinking this has any threat to myself or a majority of society over other illnesses or causes of death, but the contagious nature of this makes it a bit more concerning.

Sorry for the rant and back to question at hand.   I plan on playing golf in the coming weeks as weather allows.  I will be walking and not touching the flagstick.  I feel like golf has built in distancing so should have no issues.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

As long as the course remains open, I will play.  If the open air at a golf course is a risk factor, then we're really screwed because no air is safe.  That said, I'll play, likely ride (perhaps by self rather than share, but I play with known friends routinely and that has to be a consideration over unknown playing partners one hooks up with.  As far as the flag goes, I like it in but others prefer it out.  If I need to pull it, I'll use my gloved hand.  While I don't want to live in fear, I will take adequate precautions to prevent exposure to someone who might be contagious and monitor my own actions accordingly.  I don't see a need to panic, but this is a time where we need to exercise preventive measures to minimize the effects of the virus.  It will pass, but it will disrupt our usual routines for awhile.  Be safe out there!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I'll play as long as the courses remain open. My wife's course was shut down as of today, mine is still usable.

I'll leave the flagstick in, walking, skipping beers after the round and keep distance from everybody else. Most probably just playing with my wife, so not too hard.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I desperately want to but we don't have courses open still being winter and all.

Could maybe find a simulator that's open. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I am planning to continue to play, walk only, and play on my own.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I've played a couple times and hit balls last night at the range.  The range is putting bleach in their ball washer which I found funny and helpful at the same time.  I will continue to play until told otherwise.  I will be smart about it and not go in the pro shop if at all possible.  My course is public amongst a bunch of houses and much of the membership is retired so I would expect the course to have less play?  It didn't look that way when I drove by it yesterday.

Will I pick up balls along the way that I find?  hhmmm...Only ProV's. 

Be safe, be smart, and think about the big picture.  I've stocked up so I should be good for awhile, and I have no plans to do anything but golf, work, buy gas, and tinker around the house. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

3 hours ago, Mr. 82 said:

I don't plan on changing any of my activities or schedule.  I golfed both Saturday and Sunday, and will continue to do so.  I am hoping to visit TopGolf tonight.  I work remotely from home, or any location with wifi, so my work has not been affected by this whatsoever.

Remains to be seen how many this virus kills. But traffic accidents probably won’t be analogous anyway as they’re spread out somewhat evenly over the course of years. Furthermore over 90% of traffic accidents are due to human error, at least during the first few weeks the virus infected thousands through no fault of their own. Covid-19 cases and deaths have grown exponentially and overwhelmed healthcare systems in the worst case countries so far - not so with traffic accidents. And there’s a difference between unwarranted fear and willful ignorance, to each his/her own.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Absolutely I've played and will continue playing. We have no reported/known cases here. And if we did I'd still go play as long as the golf course doesn't freak out and close. 

I'm also buying the market like crazy. There's always an upside if you look for it. 🏌️‍♂️

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

11 minutes ago, Middler said:

Remains to be seen how many this virus kills. But traffic accidents probably won’t be analogous anyway as they’re spread out somewhat evenly over the course of years. Furthermore over 90% of traffic accidents are due to human error, at least during the first few weeks the virus infected thousands through no fault of their own. Covid-19 cases and deaths have grown exponentially and overwhelmed healthcare systems in the worst case countries so far - not so with traffic accidents. And there’s a difference between unwarranted fear and willful ignorance, to each his/her own.

It was a hypothetical example and purely tongue in cheek to emphasize a point.

But as I was just texting my wife, we are isolating and quarantining ourselves to what end and for how long?  Based on where the economy seems to be headed, there may not be any life to come back to if we shut everything down just to avoid a virus.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

My club is open for business with a few added precautions such as....water jugs were removed from the course and bottled water is available at 1/2 price. Disinfectant is being used hourly on the common areas such as the door knobs and counters in the pro shop. All carts are wiped with disinfectant between rounds. Signs in restrooms advising all persons to wash their hands.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Im not playing golf right now.  All of the munis here in Columbus are closed and even most of the other courses are closing down too.  Everyone is just kind of hunkering down and letting COVID pass.

Id had hopes that my work would shut down for a few weeks and I could just golf every day but I dont see that happening now.  Its looks like if we do shut down, I will be playing FIFA on the Playstation.  Its a rough time: the golf courses are closed, the bars are closed (unless you want carryout) and the future in uncertain.

Even still, Im still healthy and I still have a job to go to every day, so I really cant complain.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

No, because when pretty much every single medical professional says to stay home and not go out to help slow the transmission of the virus, I do the sane thing and listen. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I haven't played yet due to weather.  When it gets a little warmer I'll probably get out under certain conditions.  I would most likely walk, refrain from touching rakes and flagsticks.  I can't imagine I'd be at risk being in the open air and touching only my clubs that I brought with me.  I don't think I'd be comfortable riding in a cart.  Information changes every day so we will see what the next couple weeks brings.  

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :cobra-small: :touredgeexotics: :cleveland-small: :PXG:               

Cobra SpeedZone 9*
TourEdge EXS 18* 
TourEdge C721 22*H
PXG 0211 DC 6-P + G
Cleveland Zipcore Full Face 52/58*
Wilson Staff Infinite Michigan Ave
Taylormade Tour Response

7 hours ago, juspoole said:

Agree here.  My wife is in the healthcare industry and while I don't see any reason to slow my normal activities, I am because I don't want to spread anything to those who might have more difficulty fighting it.  Another issue is that many could have it and it be unknown for up to 14 days or with symptoms so much like a common cold or flu, believe they have that.

Imagine the craziness that has ensued at the supermarkets hitting all of the hospitals.  There simply isn't the infrastructure in place to digest that.  Let alone healthcare professionals will also not be immune so there will be fewer who can help those that need it. 

I am far away from thinking this has any threat to myself or a majority of society over other illnesses or causes of death, but the contagious nature of this makes it a bit more concerning.

Sorry for the rant and back to question at hand.   I plan on playing golf in the coming weeks as weather allows.  I will be walking and not touching the flagstick.  I feel like golf has built in distancing so should have no issues.

... I am supposed to leave for Phoenix this week. If I can live at home and have no contact with others, drive to the course alone, pay for my round without touching anyone or anything, wash my hands before playing just in case, touch nothing but my clubs and my ball including the flagstick, walk behind my remote cart at least 6 feet from playing partners, wave goodbye and get back in my car and drive home alone ... I will play golf in the hot Phoenix sun. At least until I am told even that may cause potential problems for others and I should self quarantine. 

... I am a little shocked but not completely surprised by someone saying they are not gonna change anything in there lives. This is a worldwide pandemic and as you said making changes can save lives and stop hospitals from being over run. So I won't be going to restaurants or concerts or shopping for anything but absolute necessities while keeping my distance as well as refraining from many activities I have done in the past until this is over. I do not live in fear of what this virus may do to me, but I have a very healthy respect for what it can do to others because of my callous selfishness. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

21 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am supposed to leave for Phoenix this week. If I can live at home and have no contact with others, drive to the course alone, pay for my round without touching anyone or anything, wash my hands before playing just in case, touch nothing but my clubs and my ball including the flagstick, walk behind my remote cart at least 6 feet from playing partners, wave goodbye and get back in my car and drive home alone ... I will play golf in the hot Phoenix sun. At least until I am told even that may cause potential problems for others and I should self quarantine. 

... I am a little shocked but not completely surprised by someone saying they are not gonna change anything in there lives. This is a worldwide pandemic and as you said making changes can save lives and stop hospitals from being over run. So I won't be going to restaurants or concerts or shopping for anything but absolute necessities while keeping my distance as well as refraining from many activities I have done in the past until this is over. I do not live in fear of what this virus may do to me, but I have a very healthy respect for what it can do to others because of my callous selfishness. 

Agreed not changing anything is not

ok. Pretty frustrating with what’s going on with shopping and all that because my family and I go on Sundays and it’s dead if you just did your normal shopping we would be a lot better off with added distancing. Either way I think golfing is an ok activity that can get you out of the house. Our courses up here are opening up and you bet your ass I’m hitting the range and trying to get some swings in.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just got this post from our golf club in regards to virus (only golf portion copied here)

Golf:

• Hours of Operation:  the Golf Course, Practice Facility, Pro Shop, and Snack Shack will remain open with regular hours.
  • Golf Cars:  only one passenger per golf car is permitted unless utilizing a personal golf car with family member passengers that live in the same household.
  • Safety Precautions:
    • Walking is encouraged instead of riding.
    • Try to remain six-feet apart at all times, even on the green.
    • Sanitize your car with a wipe before playing (club staff is already doing this, however, personally doing this can only help).
    • Avoid picking up clubs or golf balls of fellow members.
    • Avoid touching the green’s flag stick (leave it in if possible).
    • Avoid shaking hands on 18 but rather elect for an “elbow bump” or a distance high five.
    • Avoid congregating in groups (Pro Shop or Clubhouse).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 hours ago, pulledabill said:

The range is putting bleach in their ball washer which I found funny and helpful at the same time.

Man, you're taking me back to the club I worked at, when we'd have to bleach the range balls every few weeks to whiten them up.  The pro would come back into the bag room and announce that it was time to "bleach the balls" and you knew that pair of Dockers you were wearing were gonna get trashed.

As for me, right now I'm playing with my daughter, walking, pushing my own cart, leaving the flag in, picking up shorties.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino