TESTERS WANTED! ×

Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

StrokerAce

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

I just got back from my course.  I didn’t play, but I used the range and the short game practice area.

The club is doing all the things recommend, single riders, raised cups, sanitizing carts, et. al.  The members are also taking it very seriously.  I spent a couple of hours there and didn’t get near another person.  

Update on Bethpage for anyone in the NYC area..

I personally will not be heading their to play until this dies down but thought I would pass it along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0928.jpg

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

We are in total lock down, but they do say you can have one piece of exercise a day on your own or with your self isolation group. Hmm 3 ball with my 2 sons?

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Virginia issued the shutdown today, but golf courses are still allowed to be open.  Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend (at least that is today's forecast) so golf is definitely in the plans. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Scottish Golf have advise all course to close.

Maybe a silver lining for us Scots is that post virus I expect there will be a lot of spare tee times at the prestige clubs at knock down prices!

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

We received the following in an email from our league course today, in light of the stay-in-place order. Course closed through 4/6.

Once we do open, we will take extra precautions for customers and employees to be in a safe environment.  This may include some of the following:  

- Reduced/Adjustedbusiness hours

- Pre-pay by calling in with a credit card or pay credit card through our window (limit cash sales). 

- Walking only or if you can't walk, single riders only unless you live in the same household.

- Tee times spaced out longer so groups don't congregate on the first or tenth tee.

- Reduce food service to take out drinks and snacks.

- Clubhouse limited to bathroom use only.

- Sanitize all surfaces with greater frequency.

- Pin rules:  Must keep flag sticks in or no flag sticks at all

- Cups turned upside down so the ball doesn't get completely holed.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Still going strong here in North Florida/South Georgia.  Kinderlou, my home course in Valdosta has closed the pro shop and restaurant, and you call for tee times.  Only one person per cart now, so it's kinda weird seeing 4 and 5 carts per group on a hole.  Dogfight on Saturdays went from shotgun to tee times in order to avoid having a large group congregate on the range.

My Tuesday group I was forced to adjust, as we can't have a sit down dinner in the club after the golf.  So we are collecting $20 cash at check in by the carts, and then shotgunning at 5:30 pm.  It's a voluntary group anyway, so we'll see how many guys show up.  Some of the older guys have self quarantined and one of the guys on our committee, who has cancer, has opted to stay home instead of play.  We just don't eat after golf now, and have our devotional before we shotgun for golf, out by the carts.

I'm actually playing more with the corona virus thing, because they closed churches, so I am not there on Sunday mornings now, so I played 36 holes on Sunday instead.  I was looking at my schedule, and I could frankly play 36 holes on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during this thing.  I may wear myself out with golf, but what else can you do?

I walked 9 holes with a buddy yesterday afternoon, and everything was normal there.  The course is greening up nicely too with the warmer weather, so just as golf courses are getting into really good shape we have all this going on.

I'm just going to ride this thing out for as long as they let us play.  It's literally something new every day now, so I just take it one day at a time.  But so far we are still playing golf, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

We received the following in an email from our league course today, in light of the stay-in-place order. Course closed through 4/6.

Once we do open, we will take extra precautions for customers and employees to be in a safe environment.  This may include some of the following:  

- Reduced/Adjustedbusiness hours

- Pre-pay by calling in with a credit card or pay credit card through our window (limit cash sales). 

- Walking only or if you can't walk, single riders only unless you live in the same household.

- Tee times spaced out longer so groups don't congregate on the first or tenth tee.

- Reduce food service to take out drinks and snacks.

- Clubhouse limited to bathroom use only.

- Sanitize all surfaces with greater frequency.

- Pin rules:  Must keep flag sticks in or no flag sticks at all

- Cups turned upside down so the ball doesn't get completely holed.

Wonder if the private/semi private clubs in your area are doing the same. One of my friends in the Columbus area just got this from his Club. 

Dear York Golf Club Member,

As you are certainly aware the Ohio Department of Health issued a "Stay at Home" order yesterday afternoon, Sunday March 22nd. In this order, country and social clubs were specifically directed to close. As a result, York Golf Club will cease all daily clubhouse operations effective today, Monday March 23rd at 5:00PM. If you have any personal items at the club that you wish to retrieve please call 614.425.5751 to make arrangements for pick up. 

The Executive Order, in effect until April 6th at 11:59PM, does, under section 13.a, permit us to continue to maintain the course:

13. Minimum Basic Operations. For the purposes of this Order, Minimum Basic Operations include the following, provided that employees comply with Social Distancing Requirements, to the extent possible, while carrying out such operations:

a. The minimum necessary activities to maintain the value of the business's inventory, preserve the condition of the business's physical plant and equipment, ensure security, process payroll and employee benefits, or for related functions.

Also included in the Executive order is a provision allowing individuals to leave their homes for certain Essential Activities, including engaging in outdoor activities like golf. Section 5.c. reads:

5. Leaving the home for Essential Activities is permitted. For purposes of this Order, individuals may leave their residence only to perform any of the following Essential Activities:

c. For outdoor activity. To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements, as defined below, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, running, or biking. Individuals may go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas. However, public access playgrounds may increase spread of COVID19, and therefore shall be closed.

Should you decide to use York Golf Club to engage in an outdoor exercise such as playing golf, we ask that you strictly adhere to the Social Distancing requirement put forth in the order in Section 15:

15. Social Distancing Requirements. For purposes of this Order, Social Distancing Requirements includes maintaining at least six-foot social distancing from other individuals, washing hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible or using hand sanitizer, covering coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands), regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces, and not shaking hands.

a. Required measures. Essential Businesses and Operations and businesses engaged in Minimum Basic Operations must take proactive measures to ensure compliance with Social Distancing Requirements, including where possible:

i. Designate six-foot distances. Designating with signage, tape, or by other means six-foot spacing for employees and customers in line to maintain appropriate distance;

ii. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing products. Having hand sanitizer and sanitizing products readily available for employees and customers;

iii. Separate operating hours for vulnerable populations. Implementing separate operating hours for elderly and vulnerable customers; and

iv. Online and remote access. Posting online whether a facility is open and how best to reach the facility and continue services by phone or remotely.

York Golf Club encourages you to take every step necessary to stay healthy and slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are eagerly waiting for the day that the clubhouse opens for business as usual and enjoy our club in the manner in which we are accustomed. With everyone’s help that day will come sooner rather than later. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me at 614.425.5751.

Stay healthy & safe,

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 3/20/2020 at 6:41 AM, Rickp said:

I had heard that snow as a blanket B4 when I was living in Northeast. It protects deep freezes and some cases from ice. These Greenskeepers know a lot about their courses.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'ts amazing how much a good super knows, it's a lot more than just cutting grass folks.  Yet. there are an endless number of experts at our course that think they know better and I often here them in the grill  telling other members of their group, "he should be doing XYZ.  If he did ABC, it would make the conditions better.  I don't know why he does....DE,F, it makes no sense to me"     Yeah, bunch of experts they are....ha

On 3/22/2020 at 8:56 AM, Kenny B said:

Played yesterday with my wife and BIL from Seattle.  I was sorta like golf.  First day under new "rules".  Apparently even though my wife and I sleep together, we can't ride in a cart together.  EVERYONE must have their own cart.  Of course they ran out of carts, so I gave mine up and walked; the GM was very appreciative.  He said it made him sick to see all those carts out on all the holes.

Getting a cart was difficult.  All doors into the clubhouse were locked except for the side door directly into the pro shop.  It was "guarded"; only one person in at a time to checkin and get cart key.  There was a line.  The good news is that the carts are almost as clean as the day they were delivered new.  

You would think that if everyone had their own cart that the pace of play would be quicker... NO!  I hope that breaking this rule doesn't get us shut down.  Apparently, the rule is that people can put 2 bags on a cart, but only one rider (probably to maximize people and save number of carts); the other has to walk.  I saw that being violated by the 2nd tee.  We were on #13 when a cart was headed back towards us and the clubhouse; a few minutes later the guy driving it came back past us with a girl riding next to him.  

It was a beautiful, sunny day and with nothing else to do, all the crazies came out.

That's one of the reasons we went to walking only while we were still open, mainly to avoid common touch points, but in addition to avoid having 3 or 4 carts out on every hole.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The snow we got yesterday melted, so I’ve got a tee time for this afternoon. I’m curious to see what the course is doing differently, since it seems as though the virus has reached here a little later than other areas. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

11 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's one of the reasons we went to walking only while we were still open, mainly to avoid common touch points, but in addition to avoid having 3 or 4 carts out on every hole.  

Most of the people using carts don't need them to play, and the muni is trying to maximize revenue so they rent them.  We have several people that trailer in their personal carts every day.  No one can ride with them either.

It's a moot point because the governor issued the Stay Home order.  We are playing today... I think, but that's it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

18 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I was playing tomorrow with a tee time- but after seeing the idiots out today I've decided to stay indoors- this is more serious than these morons realise. Parties and mass gatherings the last 2 days means there will be thousands and thousands of covid-19 cases smothering our health service in the next 3-4 weeks! I am so annoyed at them, selfish selfish mofos that will cost other peoples lives!!

I expect our PM will enforce a lockdown tonight, he needs to as these people will be our downfall.

You know our Gov and the Gov of Florida made the nearly same statement you did about some of the young folks being selfish. Seems here and Florida because to begin with it was spring break and the college kids have been congregating in droves on the beaches. Now personally I have not seen it because coming back in with the big truck Friday the road in was darn near abandoned. Since Friday the furthermost I have been from the house is my golf course which basically road wise is a mile away. My wife has only been to Wal Mart which is less than 1/2 mile away. I do know some of the resorts like Hilton have closed  

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Well golf is on hold for the foreseeable future in my area all counties around Houston are shelter in place as of tonight at midnight. Only essential businesses are allowed to open. My most frequented courses have already sent me e-mails of closure. 

Image result for What the hell am I going to do? meme

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Wisconsin just shut down all courses until at least April 25th. I’ve never been more happy about my recent purchase of a Skytrak system.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Just got this from one of the local public courses here in northwest Ohio. 

Thunderbird Hills North is Remaining Open

*Tee Times Required*

During this time of social distancing and quarantine, sometimes a little fresh air does a body (and mind) good.  The Governor’s office has clarified that golf courses are permitted to remain open during the Stay at Home order due to the exception being made for outdoor recreation areas.

After a lot of thought and preparation, Thunderbird Hills has decided to remain open while following all social distancing, operational, and sanitation guidelines as put forth by the CDC and the State of Ohio.

We have put many measures in place to protect our customers and employees, and we look forward to providing a safe outdoor environment where people can get out of the house and get some exercise.

Some of the changes you will notice at the course are:

Only 1 rider allowed per golf cart

• Carts will be disinfected before each rental
  • We are leaving the cups in the green raised above ground level so the ball bounces off instead of dropping in
  • Only 2 golfers at a time allowed in the pro-shop
  • We increased the tee time interval to 14 minutes from 7 minutes
  • Tee times are required
  • Golf pencils will not be re-used
  • Extensive use of disinfectant and latex gloves 

Click Here to read a full summary of what we are doing, as well as what we are asking from our customers during this time of social distancing

Book your tee time online at ThunderbirdHills.com

At this time we prefer credit or debit card payments over cash. 

Only Thunderbird Hills North Course is open at this time.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 3/22/2020 at 5:53 PM, tony@CIC said:

Guess we won't be for a while, our governor here in Ohio just announced a 'stay at home' mandate til April 6th. Don't think golf staff will qualify as essential.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I played 9 holes at Delaware Golf Club today.  I only found 3 courses in my area that were open but some are open.  It looks like in Columbus, only Delaware and Foxfire are open.

It wasnt bad, really.  They had these little styrofoam disc in the holes so that you didnt have to reach in the cup to get your ball or touch the flag.  I pretty much just gave myself a gimmie with anything that was within 10' of the hole.

Edited by Retrogolfer36

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I played 9 holes at Delaware Golf Club today.  I only found 3 courses in my area that were open but some are open.  It looks like in Columbus, only Delaware and Foxfire are open.
It wasnt bad, really.  They had these little styrofoam disc in the holes so that you didnt have to reach in the cup to get your ball or touch the flag.  I pretty much just gave myself a gimmie with anything that was within 10' of the hole.

Edit: my quoted post - looks like some of our courses will be open - see my previous post about Thunderbird Hills.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Edit: my quoted post - looks like some of our courses will be open - see my previous post about Thunderbird Hills.

Yeah, it falls under the gray area of, "recreational areas".  DeWine didnt come out and say that golf courses were shut down and said that we were still allowed to get outside for outdoor recreation/exercise.

Honestly, as long as you practice social distancing and courses take the steps that they have; a golf course is really one of the safest places you can be.

When I was at Delaware, they had a hand sanitizer dispenser at the front door, had one of the doors propped open and the person in the clubhouse wore rubber gloves, in addition to them cover the holes with styrofoam so that your ball couldnt go in the hole.

Edited by Retrogolfer36

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Yeah, it falls under the gray area of, "recreational areas".  DeWine didnt come out and say that golf courses were shut down and said that we were still allowed to get outside for outdoor recreation/exercise.
Honestly, as long as you practice social distancing and courses take the steps that they have; a golf course is really one of the safest places you can be.
When I was at Delaware, they had a hand sanitizer dispenser at the front door, had one of the doors propped open and the person in the clubhouse wore rubber gloves, in addition to them cover the holes with styrofoam so that your ball couldnt go in the hole.

York in the Columbus area is also open.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I was until yesterday, they have closed beautiful Lake Jonesco for 2 weeks.  😭

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

I just posted it in the corona thread but I got this email from Windmill yesterday:

As of Wednesday, March 25th the golf course is back open!

An update from Windmill Lakes Golf Club about COVID – 19.

To Our Valued Customers and Employees:
First and foremost, Windmill Lakes Golf Club is committed to the safety and well-being of our customers and employees. With some clarity of guidelines set forth by the Ohio Department of Health, our golf course will be open, weather dependent. We will be observing the following guidelines and social distancing requirements:

Social Distancing Requirements:
– Maintaining a distance of at least six feet between individuals
– Hand sanitizer products available for customers and employees
– Seniors may play at any time, but tee times are held exclusively for Seniors 60+ from 10:00am – 11:00am Monday though Friday

Check-In:
– Tee times are required
– Call ahead payments are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
– Snack bar will be closed at this time
– Downstairs bathrooms will be open
– Golf Shop will be open on a limited basis for take out purchases and credit card payments

We Ask Our Players:
– Please do not come to the course if you are sick or showing signs of being sick
– Practice social distancing
– Social distancing on golf carts is recommended (1 cart per player) unless you live in the same household
– Do not remove flag sticks from cup
– Please show up to the course no more than 10 minutes prior to your tee time
– Use hand sanitzing locations

What Windmill Lakes is Doing:
– All employees will have temperature taken upon arrival
– We have enhanced our store cleaning procedures to include the use of disinfectant on all golf carts and push carts, check out areas and CC terminal, bathrooms, door handles and rails

We are happy to allow customers to enjoy being outside, but we would not be allowing this this if we were not absolutely certain we can provide a safe environment for everyone. It is the responsibility of our customers, employees, friends and family, to do our best to stop the spread of COVID – 19.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My short game should be solid once the season resumes here. All I can do is putt and chip around the house. I hit bunker shots out of a sandbox yesterday...not sure my next door neighbors were too happy I used their sandbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

14 hours ago, DawgDaddy said:

I was until yesterday, they have closed beautiful Lake Jonesco for 2 weeks.  😭

Wow never thought they would close Jonesco down!  I haven't played golf for four weeks as of today.  Lane Creek is still open however I am still in quarantine until Sunday. I was exposed to the virus at the county dump when taking a load of junk during spring clean up. One of the workers there came into direct contact with someone infected so everyone who came by the weigh in scales during that time were instructed to quarantine for 14 days.   

When I start back playing I'll probably pull out my push cart and walk the course. I did this all last summer at Jennings Mill. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Wow never thought they would close Jonesco down!  I haven't played golf for four weeks as of today.  Lane Creek is still open however I am still in quarantine until Sunday. I was exposed to the virus at the county dump when taking a load of junk during spring clean up. One of the workers there came into direct contact with someone infected so everyone who came by the weigh in scales during that time were instructed to quarantine for 14 days.   

When I start back playing I'll probably pull out my push cart and walk the course. I did this all last summer at Jennings Mill. 

So far so good for you Grasshopper! Hope you’ll be good to go.
I shut myself down after a similar secondary contact. Only 3 days in and going nuts already.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My bud from Charlotte called me this AM while I was waiting to dump a load of processed steel. He said basically they go restricted at 08:00 in the morning. Now grocery stores and essential businesses are open and outside recreation. Since he is a member of a CC and lives on the 16th hole he can walk out his back door and play. Being a member it does not cost him to walk anyhow. He has his own little loop he walks . He does usually call the pro Shop and let them know but they told him do not worry about calling just play

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

4 hours ago, ole gray said:

I did not know about your quarantine, dang bro, sounds like you are going to be good to go though from what I know about this stuff.    Let me know if you want me to come up and go out with you.  Of course I'll be riding, no way I can walk even 9 holes, much less 18.    

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Just found out that 2 of our courses that we support for work are remaining open and put some procedures in place to minimize contact. 1 person per cart if you're riding, and they reduced the amount of tee times by 50%. Instead of the usual 7-minutes between, they increased it to 12 minutes. Not sure if they're doing raised cups like I've seen on the forums and social media.

Debating playing this week or being socially responsible and keeping my butt home. I personally believe golf is easy to maintain social distance and it's fine to participate in. However, I'm also a selfish person so I might be making excuses for myself to protect me from having to stay off of the course for a month. The internal struggle is real!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

18 hours ago, Rickp said:

So far so good for you Grasshopper! Hope you’ll be good to go.
I shut myself down after a similar secondary contact. Only 3 days in and going nuts already.

Three days to go for me however I will still be very hesitant to go out anywhere.  This sets and all time high for me staying home. I can say our yard will be beautiful this year as the wife and I have been working extremely hard at home.  Actually  any weeds left are harboring in place fearing they will be next!  😳

Cleveland

14 hours ago, DawgDaddy said:

I did not know about your quarantine, dang bro, sounds like you are going to be good to go though from what I know about this stuff.    Let me know if you want me to come up and go out with you.  Of course I'll be riding, no way I can walk even 9 holes, much less 18.    

Will do buddy!  Last time I played Lane Creek the grass was brown so it will be a treat to see the green stuff again. 

Cleveland

Called Windmill this morning and have a tee time for 11:12 today, walking with another member...not too close though. Going out as a single on Sunday at 11:04.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!