TESTERS WANTED! ×

Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

StrokerAce

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

I feel like I want to start a journal...day 16: If I don’t hit a golf ball today I might crack. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

So far the courses here are still open. We have made changes, some more than others. We are keeping distance from one another, don’t touch other people’s equipment, don’t touch or shake hands, no high fives or anything. We just try to keep our distance. The weather here has been pretty good, it’s an outdoor activity and as long as we all take our own precautions we should be able to continue. I do expect that if the number of cases increases greatly that the courses will be shutdown. For now, we are allowed to golf. 

Edited by Kor.A.Door

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Golf's three expert bodies – The Professional Golfers' Association (PGA), Golf Club Managers' Association (GCMA) and British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association (BIGGA) have given new direction on what to do when playing and how to do it securely during the coronavirus pandemic. 

With current government limitations not right now forestalling rivalries or easygoing games occurring, the trio have kept up "all golfers ought to follow some basic strides to keep up the okay of contamination". 

They have grouped a progression of best practice thoughts that other overseeing bodies and golf clubs are starting to receive to guarantee players and staff can remain safe. These are: 

Before the game 

• Organize online administrations for sections, appointments, and scoring 
  • Take installments utilizing contactless methods or online before the game 
  • Players with any colds or hacks or any side effects of Covid-19 ought to be asked not to play 
  • Storage spaces ought to be shut to maintain a strategic distance from players being close to one another. Permit the changing of shoes in the vehicle leave 
  • Shotgun begins with individuals congregating before and after are debilitated for the time being 
  • Putting green conclusion ought to be considered for bigger occasions 
  • Golf carriages ought to be removed from use or utilized by single people and cleaned thereafter 

On the course 

• Demand social separating (2-meter rule) on tee grounds, greens and all through the rounds 
  • Continuously leave the banner in the gap. Ask golfers to deliberately expel their golf ball from the opening, not with a golf club 
  • Expel rakes and some other bits obviously furniture that golfers may contact – the greenkeeper group will set up the course, and where conceivable, re-rake shelters during the day. Golfers can and golfers can wipe their own golf balls on a towel 
  • No divot packs gave 
  • Drinking text styles and ball cleaners removed from play 
  • Aircrafts for cleaning shoes following the round ought to be shut 
  • Golfers should just get their own ball 
  • Try not to share any hardware, for example, golf clubs or rangefinders 
  • Try not to shake hands before or after your game 
  • Have hand sanitisers accessible as golfers leave the golf course 

After the game 

• Treatment of scorecards is a weakness, particularly for staff individuals entrusted with checking cards and concluding outcomes. Mastermind this to be done online where conceivable 
  • Change your providing food arrangement to decrease physical contact through more noteworthy space between seating in the clubhouse if conceivable 
  • Utilize expendable plates and cups, have hand washing offices accessible on each table 
  • Hand sanitisers ought to be made accessible all through the clubhouse 
  • Normal changing of towels in restrooms (exhortation suggests each hour) would be required and customary cleaning of surfaces including entryway handles 
  • Society appointments where nourishment and social connection is included a while later ought to be restricted as per the most recent direction 
  • Follow Government guidance as required conclusion of clubhouses might be presented in the coming days

Nifty Golf is an effort of our expert team members who have been researching the latest technologies and products around the present golf industry. Browse more to read our reviews.

OK, in Pennsylvania, all golf has been shut down. Not sure why but whatever. Fortunately, the weather hasn't reached the golf everyday time yet so it's not that bad sitting inside. I did play once before the lock-down. 9 holes and actually pretty decent weather. To get my fix, I set up my old Nintendo Wii and I have the Tiger Woods 2012 game which includes Augusta. I also have the SkillZ SimSticks which make the Wii remote similar  to a real golf club with an actual shaft and grip. Not the real thing but better than nothing at all. I have it running on a 120" projector screen. Ah, the lengths we go to for a golf fix... 

Ping G400 Max @ 9 degrees

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Cleveland 2009 launcher 4i Hybrid (also a 2i and 1i not currently in the bag)

Ping G700 5-9, PW, GW, SW (Green Dot and 3/4" length addition)

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

All Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize Grips

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Putter 35" w/oversize grip

On 3/17/2020 at 4:51 PM, J_L_35 said:

My local course (27-hole) is remaining open, mandates to not rake bunkers or remove the flagstick. Only pre-made tee times of no less than 2 people (no walk-ins), and driving range is closed.

Hopefully playing 27 holes Friday, since the CT Golf Expo was cancelled.

Stay safe out there for everyone who has the ability to get out there!

Update: Got the NY update from Governor that courses would be closed mid 1st 18 holes, so ended up playing a full 36-holes that day!! Shot my best round ever 88 followed up by 90, slowly getting to a respectable, consistent game that will keep me playing for a while!!

1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png M5 9 deg [Project X Evenflow Black 65g] // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png SIM Max 3w 15 deg [Fujikura Ventus Blue 5-R] // 1818715690_mizunologo.png.362d1f007e2345c895a2a095ac1d19d1.png JPX 919 5i-PW // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png ATV Grind Wedges 52-60 [KBS Tour Steel] // 1455271488_Odysseylogo.jpg.b9b3d31d23a9b217779870779776c15d.jpg Stroke Lab 7 // 1641152206_TaylorMadelogo.png.1a4d69c9e3e98b4a2cc285ddd4f44160.png TP5 // 1818715690_mizunologo.png.362d1f007e2345c895a2a095ac1d19d1.png BRD-4 [Cart-Red-Gray] // adidas_logo_21.png.8b407cf238a5268554c70f59912c11a7.png CodeChaos [White-Red]

1448174426_SuperSpeedLogo2.png.17b2bb92c3fb344ab94e0e85f7419d12.png SuperSpeed 2020 Testing Group

Initial Driver Swing Speed: 95 mph

Well, our mayor just closed private courses as of today. Guess I don't have to struggle with the temptation to go out and play anymore. See ya in a month, golf (I hope).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Courses in Denmark at starting to open up (with special rules). Trouble is, nearby driving ranges are closed, which is what I really need at the moment. I hate paying for golf when I know I'm not hitting well.

On the upside, if Denmark does start gradually opening up after Easter, then things are starting to look up.👍

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

On 3/28/2020 at 11:08 AM, DaveP043 said:

Fixed, I beg forgivenness.  Altho I do like that other site too.  Different vibe, different emphasis, yet entertaining.  And since I'm not playing golf today (rain, not COVID related) I'm rolling through all of the websites one after another, and obviously becoming rather confused. 🙃

Trust me old friend you ain't the first one to do that. I have done it quite a few times darn near got me a time out on WRX one day. The one that darn near got me banned there was one night I posted a picture of my Mini Staff Titleist bag with my Muirfields in it and right there big as a boxcar was my MGS Bag Tag Adam sent me. Trust me that was a genuine brain fart

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 3/28/2020 at 8:34 PM, silver & black said:

My course is still open.... and golf leagues are on...for now. League will be interesting to see how this will pan out.

At my course the leagues are still going but not as strong as normal. Since I was semi retired ( retired as of today) I have been out most mornings fairly early and observing. And I will say the following with all due respect. Most of the guys in the leagues are older than I am and in the more susceptible age group and have underlying health issues so they are being cautious. And LOL before anyone asks just because I am retired does not mean I am joining a league. I do not desire to play with those grumpy whining old farts. I basically do my own thing sitting on the patio watching the sun come up over #9 and #10 with my cup of coffee and cigar firmly in hand. Then I putt and chip some loosen up with my orange whip thingy and then hit balls on the range. I have my own groups I play in 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

The one that darn near got me banned there was one night I posted a picture of my Mini Staff Titleist bag with my Muirfields in it and right there big as a boxcar was my MGS Bag Tag Adam sent me.

Are they that petty over there?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just did a quick look and both Portage (where Windmill is) and Summit county have closed all courses. But, I did see that people were playing at Firestone yesterday...won't be long before they get shut down.
Cuyahoga, Lorain, and Medina counties are still open. I think Medina shut courses down Thursday but I'm getting lots of emails about places being open this weekend. Turkeyfoot, in Summit, is also open so they must have lifted the ban.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Our courses are still open so far.  Have had the kids during the week as well as working from home so no chance to get out to play 9 over lunch or anything.  Also, weather hasn't been the greatest.  Supposed to have a couple nice days from Thursday - Sunday so I might try and get out for at least 9 holes at that point.  Stay safe to all those who are playing.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

3 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Turkeyfoot, in Summit, is also open so they must have lifted the ban.

The state did, I know that. But I'm buggered if I'm going to Turkeyfoot along with about a million other clowns.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 hours ago, MattF said:

Are they that petty over there?

Absolutely--- Their new software will censor out any reference to MGS like this *** and it will censor out the word Spy too. It will also censor out words like fart---- And it got worse after MGS broke the data on the Kirkland balls.

G

6 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Absolutely--- Their new software will censor out any reference to MGS like this *** and it will censor out the word Spy too. It will also censor out words like fart---- And it got worse after MGS broke the data on the Kirkland balls.

Trying to get my post count up so I can use their BST forum. Other than that, it's a pretty useless forum with nothing but people who flame each other.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

Trying to get my post count up so I can use their BST forum. Other than that, it's a pretty useless forum with nothing but people who flame each other.

I mainly go to that forum for BST section and Deals section.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

10 hours ago, yungkory said:

The main forums are like that. I try to stay away from them and stay in the Classic Golf and Golfers section and the Clubhouse Grille section of the 19th hole. Actually we are getting some new converts from over there to here but they are the good guys that are fed up with what you just described

G

13 hours ago, BIG STU said:

That's just pathetic. I was going to write something else about the hypocrisy in their "about" page, but I'll drop it.

Anyway, good news, Windmill Lakes opens again today so I'm going to try and snag a time for Sunday morning.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Against what I want to say, right now it's a no. Partly because I have no irons, partly because my girlfriend wants me to stay inside so I don't catch anything. 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Playing on weekends mostly here in VA still.  As long as the courses are open, I will still play.  Riding in the cart still as well.  Most courses don't have enough carts to allow single riders for everyone.  So I will ride with someone, but still do a lot of walking besides the cart.  I basically use the cart as a transport for my clubs & for the ride from the green to the next tee box.  

I practice safety at all times.... I bring sanitizer, leave the flag in, do the 'ol "elbow bash" instead of a handshake, wipe down the cart with sanitizing wipes even if the course said they did.  These are some trying times but I'll be damned if it's going to stop me from playing.  We all gotta die of something ... so let me die on the golf course.  😉 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I'm slightly conflicted short playing right now. At least the weather doesn't cooperate all the time so that helps. I suppose I should just be happy that what I love to do isn't really affected. Stay out if the clubhouse and it's no different than a walk in the park.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

6 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Playing on weekends mostly here in VA still.  As long as the courses are open, I will still play.  Riding in the cart still as well.  Most courses don't have enough carts to allow single riders for everyone.  So I will ride with someone, but still do a lot of walking besides the cart.  I basically use the cart as a transport for my clubs & for the ride from the green to the next tee box.  

I practice safety at all times.... I bring sanitizer, leave the flag in, do the 'ol "elbow bash" instead of a handshake, wipe down the cart with sanitizing wipes even if the course said they did.  These are some trying times but I'll be damned if it's going to stop me from playing.  We all gotta die of something ... so let me die on the golf course.  😉 

If you have ever seen the movie The Legend Of Bagger Vance the old man at the first that is me in a nutshell and plus if you have a practiced eye like I do you will see he is hitting a persimmon butterfly sole plate Macgregor driver

G

3 hours ago, silver & black said:

Turkeyfoot is a fun course. It's way over priced IMO. I haven't played it in probably 5 years.

Turkeyfoot for some reason that seems like a good name for a course I like it-----

G

My home course has now closed to the public. Only members and member guests. Member guests can not pay via cash or card, we have to put it onto our account. 

Not the full experience but at least a way to get out.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I'm a member at a private club in Oregon and we are still open, practicing social distance and cleanliness measures that other courses are using.  Up until Sunday, I was playing with others, but have since self imposed a personal policy of strictly playing with myself or at most one other (my neighbor and long-time golfing partner).  This is purely a personal decision.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I'm a member at a private club in Oregon and we are still open, practicing social distance and cleanliness measures that other courses are using.  Up until Sunday, I was playing with others, but have since self imposed a personal policy of strictly playing with myself or at most one other (my neighbor and long-time golfing partner).  This is purely a personal decision.

Just curious.  Are you playing better, worse, or about the same?  We can't play here in WA, but the last week we were open I walked while my wife rode and I felt less distracted.  Seems like I could focus a little better, and it was a little less social golf.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Turkeyfoot is a fun course. It's way over priced IMO. I haven't played it in probably 5 years.
Turkeyfoot is always in great shape and it's easy to find deals. Don't think I ever paid more than $30.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim