TESTERS WANTED! ×

Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

StrokerAce

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Just curious.  Are you playing better, worse, or about the same?  We can't play here in WA, but the last week we were open I walked while my wife rode and I felt less distracted.  Seems like I could focus a little better, and it was a little less social golf.

I've only played one round (and we skipped 3 holes) with my buddy since making the decision, so can't really say one way or the other.  However, prior to making this choice, I have been hitting the ball really solid.  

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Turkeyfoot is always in great shape and it's easy to find deals. Don't think I ever paid more than $30.

Take Dead Aim

Wow. I've never paid less than $45... usually $48 to $55 on weekends with a cart . Like I said, I haven't played there in at least 5 years. Maybe things are different now.

14 hours ago, BIG STU said:

If you have ever seen the movie The Legend Of Bagger Vance the old man at the first that is me in a nutshell and plus if you have a practiced eye like I do you will see he is hitting a persimmon butterfly sole plate Macgregor driver

I have seen it .... multiple times 🙂  Ahh the beauty of Persimmon!  Remember the days 

I had a set of Hogan Persimmon woods back in high school.  Talk about beautiful.  I used to polish the heads after I played.  😉    I think in my stupid youth I sold them eventually when the first metal woods came out.  Dumb a**!

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Yea! We are playing here. Riding in your own cart. The cups are upside down and they encourage that if it’s within 5 feet, you pick it up and count the stroke or take the gimme. No touchy of the flag stick. They have taken up all the rakes and water jugs on the course. And most importantly, it’s closed to the public, members only. 99% of the members here live on site being that it’s a community. So it works out perfectly.

Edited by MALyons31

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

My wife and I had a tee time yesterday afternoon, playing the front 9, so I ran out in the morning morning and played the back. Played a lot better than the previous day even though the speed on the greens is difficult to judge. I did sink this short putt for a bird though, it brought a smile to my face. 

IMG_6682.JPG

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Yup, played this morning w Bacon Boyz after 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got a 12:48 Sunday at da club.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well they redid some things at my course after the latest edict from our Gov came out this morning All the practice areas are closed and we can not congregate anywhere even in the parking lot. The Dog Fight is on for Saturday with individual carts etc. So after this morning I can no longer do my morning thing since I retired. Sit on the corner of the patio smoking my cigar and drinking coffee watching the sun come up over #9 and #10. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 4/3/2020 at 9:44 AM, BIG STU said:

Well they redid some things at my course after the latest edict from our Gov came out this morning All the practice areas are closed and we can not congregate anywhere even in the parking lot. The Dog Fight is on for Saturday with individual carts etc. So after this morning I can no longer do my morning thing since I retired. Sit on the corner of the patio smoking my cigar and drinking coffee watching the sun come up over #9 and #10. 

Easy!  Get in your single cart with your cigar and thermos/Yeti; drive over by the patio and watch the sun come up over #9 and #10.  Hope you took everyone to the cleaners!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Easy!  Get in your single cart with your cigar and thermos/Yeti; drive over by the patio and watch the sun come up over #9 and #10.  Hope you took everyone to the cleaners!!

Sounds reasonable

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Actually that is exactly what I did went out under the trees a ways off. We ended up not playing a shootout per say. My whole team showed up and 2 other guys joined us so we played a 6 some $10 round robin. Lot of fun and the comp was tough. I made a birdie putt on the last hole to break even. They did open our putting green and range back up though but as our GM put it we can not sit down to rest on the patio. BUT----- There must be 500 people congregated in Wal Mart just up the street elbow to elbow---

Supposedly there are people and I know who they work for in the golf business and it is all political that are going around shooting video at course violations and turning courses in. Some of the members and myself have decided if we spot one their phone will be confiscated and destroyed and their butt thoroughly kicked. LOL owners and management do not want to know ( sic). But some of the BS going on here is unreal 

Edited by BIG STU

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Last night one of my buddies called and let me know that beautiful Lake Jonesco was reopening with Covid 19 restrictions in place.  There is no admittance to the club house, you pay through a new pay window to the left of the entrance,  one person per cart and the holes are restricted so the ball does not fully drop in.  Flags are left in the holes for putting.   We had our Friday skins game this morning with 7 players, everyone was happy to be out and see everyone after the 3 week lay-off.  It was great to be back on the course. 

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Played today;  typical restrictions that most of us are seeing.  I did see something new today;  all the flags had tag out tags attached. 

Equipment-Locked-Out-Tag-TG-1021-02.gif

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Shot a lights out 71 at Wolf Creek from the women’s tees. Light winds lead to 5 tap in birdies. Gamed the 2 piece Q Star.

IMG_0160.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I'm playing at the usual beginning of the season skill level. Not good... not terrible. April in Ohio is hit and miss weather wise. I hope the Coronavirus doesn't put a damper on things. if all goes well.... I should be back in form by mid June.

I'm playing at the usual beginning of the season skill level. Not good... not terrible. April in Ohio is hit and miss weather wise. I hope the Coronavirus doesn't put a damper on things. if all goes well.... I should be back in form by mid June.
Where you playing? I'm in the west CLE burbs. I have a thread on here for meetups in NE Ohio.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I live in Massillon.... about 45 miles south of Cleveland.
That's not bad at all. I play Turkeyfoot & Rain Tree a lot. Been to a few places in Canton. I've played the Legends years ago. What are the nice courses around Massillon?

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Just an update—it's good to be out again!

Driving ranges have opened up in Denmark, albeit limited. That's fine by me. Early morning and I'm finally swinging again. Looks like squeezing a tennis ball has been helping out with my elbow issues. How do I know? I'm not over-compensating with my other arm when swinging my driver. I just keep telling myself—baby steps.

Anyway, I noticed a golf pro giving a private lesson, so yep, we are on track to get back to sense of normalcy. 

Hope wherever you are, you're staying safe. 

IMG_0105.jpeg.34c08dd331bdcebd5aa1e7d0a4ea5301.jpeg

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

I played 9 today as a single at my favorite local public. Prepaid fees, the starter controlled all play and pace was good. The parking lot was full and we managed to beat the rain across southern Lake Ontario. 20 mph wind gusts were a formidable challenge for a links course at 3300yds.

Shot +4 40 with 6/9 greens and 18 putts. I only counted putts that hit the noodle squarely.

Not an official round but it felt great to play.

IMG_6036.thumb.jpg.0722e1c77ad3f8e79f827a1b69e1d5d1.jpg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

And just to add...

There were empties at the tee boxes where trash cans would have been.

People literally leaving their garbage on the course for someone to scoop up. As if it’s too much work to put the same empty can, box, wrapper or yes, vodka bottle back in your own bag.

I just can’t with some folks.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

22 minutes ago, bens197 said:

And just to add...

People literally leaving their garbage on the course for someone to scoop up. As if it’s too much work to put the same empty can, box, wrapper of yes, vodka bottle back in your own bag.

People never cease to disappoint.

golfing is much safer than getting in line for grocery.........

That being said, there is no other way of controlling the spread of the COVID-19 other than a complete shut down of the society.

Had anyone had any foresight at the beginning of the outbreak, the wheel of human activity should had been stopped regardless of the determined essential level.  Everything except for the medical emergency care should had been shut down.   Impossible ?   Right !

Imagine everything shut down for 20 days, everyone stay indoors.  While work stopped, all collection activities should be stopped also, that including finacial espects, like interest accumulation, mortgage payment ..... all payment should be stopped and moved 20 days back.     Not a big deal these days with the A.I. to figure out all the logistics.

The trick is to have every facet of the society in the world to follow the 20 days lockdown.   A much effective way than the partial shutdown we had been experiencing.

I will not be the cry baby nor the squeaking wheel like the anglers complaining about not able to fish.  They had made the News by protesting not able to fish under the current stay-at-home order.   What is the big deal ?  20 days of complete shutdown will be much better than the partial shutdown, not knowing whether the virus is still with us........which is learned from the News that in Asia, the second wave of the virus is coming back after countries declared it under control.

Japan had predicted their metropolitan area will have the hardest hit by the virus this coming Summer, not knowing China's situation as that country always hide the real numbers from the rest of the world; but obviously there were signs of the return of the virus.

The vaccine under developing currently will be useless since virus will be mutating into a different state by the time it is validated .   So, it will not be a boxed solution just like we could not control the influenza from the early 20th Century.   I would seriously consider the whole situation before making noise for "our right" .   We will need to fix this because there is no other place to escape to,  other than the planet Earth.    Ever wonder if the dinosaurs were extinguished by virus and not from the the popular believe by the meteor impact ?

I would take this event as a sign of things to come, and we need to be more prepared for it.   I would skip this entire golf season if it will help the effort to control the spread of the virus.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:11 PM, bens197 said:

And just to add...

People literally leaving their garbage on the course for someone to scoop up. As if it’s too much work to put the same empty can, box, wrapper or yes, vodka bottle back in your own bag.

Jerks. Probably take 6+ hours to play a round.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

32 minutes ago, release said:

golfing is much safer than getting in line for grocery.........

That being said, there is no other way of controlling the spread of the COVID-19 other than a complete shut down of the society.

Had anyone had any foresight at the beginning of the outbreak, the wheel of human activity should had been stopped regardless of the determined essential level.  Everything except for the medical emergency care should had been shut down.   Impossible ?   Right !

Imagine everything shut down for 20 days, everyone stay indoors.  While work stopped, all collection activities should be stopped also, that including finacial espects, like interest accumulation, mortgage payment ..... all payment should be stopped and moved 20 days back.     Not a big deal these days with the A.I. to figure out all the logistics.

The trick is to have every facet of the society in the world to follow the 20 days lockdown.   A much effective way than the partial shutdown we had been experiencing.

I will not be the cry baby nor the squeaking wheel like the anglers complaining about not able to fish.  They had made the News by protesting not able to fish under the current stay-at-home order.   What is the big deal ?  20 days of complete shutdown will be much better than the partial shutdown, not knowing whether the virus is still with us........which is learned from the News that in Asia, the second wave of the virus is coming back after countries declared it under control.

Japan had predicted their metropolitan area will have the hardest hit by the virus this coming Summer, not knowing China's situation as that country always hide the real numbers from the rest of the world; but obviously there were signs of the return of the virus.

The vaccine under developing currently will be useless since virus will be mutating into a different state by the time it is validated .   So, it will not be a boxed solution just like we could not control the influenza from the early 20th Century.   I would seriously consider the whole situation before making noise for "our right" .   We will need to fix this because there is no other place to escape to,  other than the planet Earth.    Ever wonder if the dinosaurs were extinguished by virus and not from the the popular believe by the meteor impact ?

I would take this event as a sign of things to come, and we need to be more prepared for it.   I would skip this entire golf season if it will help the effort to control the spread of the virus.

I won't comment on what you posted... only that you should probably just stop right there. We don't do this here.

59 minutes ago, viking said:

Jerks. Probably take 6+ hours to play a round.

He played 9 holes as a single, and didn't mention waiting at all.  It seems doubtful that a group ahead of him took 6 hours to play.  That's simply an assumption on your part, and you know what happens when you ASSume.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

He played 9 holes as a single, and didn't mention waiting at all.  It seems doubtful that a group ahead of him took 6 hours to play.  That's simply an assumption on your part, and you know what happens when you ASSume.

No room or excuse for drunks or litters on a golf course or anywhere period. Probably drove home drunk as well and if they had an accident they would kill innocent people but they likely would not have a scratch on them. If you drink stay home don't ruin other peoples lifes or enjoyment.

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

1 hour ago, viking said:

No room or excuse for drunks or litters on a golf course or anywhere period. Probably drove home drunk as well and if they had an accident they would kill innocent people but they likely would not have a scratch on them. If you drink stay home don't ruin other peoples lifes or enjoyment.

No argument there, but how do you know they were drunk?  Did you ASSume that as well?  I know he mentioned a vodka bottle, but there's no way for us to know whether that was 80% empty before the round began.  I have no problem with players having a beer or two on the course, or a nip of something harder, even more as long as they don't damage the course, slow down play unreasonably, or ruin someone else's enjoyment by acting like buffoons.  But they should clean up their own mess, and find a sober driver to get them home.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia