TESTERS WANTED! ×

Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

StrokerAce

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

It is illegal to drink and drive if >.05 applies on all 18 tees especially #1 🍼 🍾 🚔

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

On 4/19/2020 at 1:11 PM, bens197 said:

And just to add...

There were empties at the tee boxes where trash cans would have been.

People literally leaving their garbage on the course for someone to scoop up. As if it’s too much work to put the same empty can, box, wrapper or yes, vodka bottle back in your own bag.

I just can’t with some folks.

Intentional littering on the course is so shameful.

And it's also frustrating to be suddenly handcuffed, from the perspective of personal agency, that would allow us to immediately fix the problems we might encounter.

I would normally just grab any loose trash and dispose of it properly, but that is not really an option currently.

For now, I suppose a garbage strewn course is better than none at all? But it definitely introduces a melancholy aspect that would hopefully otherwise abate during a blessed round of golf.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

If that keeps up they will just ban booze on the course.🗑️

Yup no more picking up garbage when it is even illegal to pick up lost balls, which to be fair is a very enjoyable part of the game for many., also economic and environmentally friendly. Saving green twice. 💸🤑

Jazz woods (Driver & Hybrids), TNT Silver Eagle Irons, PW & SW, Slotline Inertia putter. TopFlite Gammer.

6 hours ago, silver & black said:

I won't comment on what you posted... only that you should probably just stop right there. We don't do this here.

You are correct on the wrong place for the post, can the mod delete it ?

People are just going to be what they are and not able to learn or to be educated.  "c'est la vie"

I think I'll try to stay on track for the "golf" focused topic from now on.

2 hours ago, viking said:

If that keeps up they will just ban booze on the course.🗑️

Yup no more picking up garbage when it is even illegal to pick up lost balls, which to be fair is a very enjoyable part of the game for many., also economic and environmentally friendly. Saving green twice. 💸🤑

No they won't. They will lose out on a lot of revenue if they do... and people will just bring their own anyway.

1 minute ago, silver & black said:

No one said he did anything wrong. We just keep politics away from here. It never goes well on any forum.

That is not politics it is good public health practice.

Politics is political parties (Dems and Reps for you in the US) or political leaders for the November 2020 elections Seriously how is what he said political? Honesty I don't get your objection.

You can agree or disagree with his views no issue there but why call it political, just because you don't agree with it?

You can agree to disagree it is a free country with freedom of speech,  thought and assembly, correct?

5 minutes ago, silver & black said:

No they won't. They will lose out on a lot of revenue if they do... and people will just bring their own anyway.

Yes they will, will do it one their own or be forced to by government, public health agencies, inspectors, and by the golfers themselves, they don't want to see or touch those empty booze bottles, there are kids on the course you know.

Golf course should allow people to bring their own booze. For the last few years here in Winnipeg you can even bring your own booze to a restaurant so you don't have to pay those crazy high markups eg. pay as much as a full bottle at the licqour store for s simple glass of booze. It has gone ever well, no abuses, no complaints and not a lot of takers either I think.

6 minutes ago, viking said:

That is not politics it is good public health practice.

Politics is political parties (Dems and Reps for you in the US) or political leaders for the November 2020 elections Seriously how is what he said political? Honesty I don't get your objection.

You can agree or disagree with his views no issue there but why call it political, just because you don't agree with it?

You can agree to disagree it is a free country with freedom of speech,  thought and assembly, correct?

I'll just take the high road and let this go. Peace out brother.

1 minute ago, viking said:

Golf course should allow people to bring their own booze. For the last few years here in Winnipeg you can even bring your own booze to a restaurant so you don't have to pay those crazy high markups eg. pay as much as a full bottle at the licqour store for s simple glass of booze. It has gone ever well, no abuses, no complaints and not a lot of takers either I think.

This isn't Canada...lol. I'm sure we would all like to be able to bring our own, but it isn't allowed here.

I don't mean offense or start a fight. It is a serious question. maybe Americans call many things political vs. the rest of the world eg. Canada.

Politics means political parties, political campaigns, political leaders, political debates on stages not on issues.

I would like to know what you and this sites definition of politics are so I know the rules of the site. Very serious question please don't take offense.

Stay safe S&B 👍😷🧴 🇨🇦🇺🇸

3 minutes ago, silver & black said:

This isn't Canada...lol. I'm sure we would all like to be able to bring our own, but it isn't allowed here.

We were not even close to being the first to do this, it has happened elsewhere around the world. Can't take credit for that. There was no fuss either when it was suggested, no people protested, no debate, even restaurants were ok with it. I think this is common in Europe maybe South America as well. Americans should go on the bandwagon with this (or maybe off the wagon is a better way to say it). It is in violation of your right to  bear booze.

I guess this thread has run its course.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

17 minutes ago, viking said:

I don't mean offense or start a fight. It is a serious question. maybe Americans call many things political vs. the rest of the world eg. Canada.

Politics means political parties, political campaigns, political leaders, political debates on stages not on issues.

I would like to know what you and this sites definition of politics are so I know the rules of the site. Very serious question please don't take offense.

Stay safe S&B 👍😷🧴 🇨🇦🇺🇸

Maybe the mods can answer this as well please?

Thank you. Stay safe.

Just now, Rickp said:

Who made you king?

I have serious questions that need clarification especially to us new members. Why can't it be answered?

46 minutes ago, viking said:

po·lit·i·cal
/pəˈlidək(ə)l/

adjective

1. relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.
    "a period of political and economic stability"

Posting recommendations on what the states and governments should do related to COVID-19 gets really close to discussing the public affairs of a country.   It probably didn't cross the line,  but this is a golf forum for the purposes of discussing golf.  There isn't a definitive line of this is fine and this isn't,  but we try to steer clear of those types of discussions here.   Yes,  there is free speech,  but since your or I don't own this forum,  our speech can be limited.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Golf is back in WA state, starting May 5th!!!

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Golf is back in WA state, starting May 5th!!!

Congratulations! Have Fun!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

po·lit·i·cal
/pəˈlidək(ə)l/

adjective

1. relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.
    "a period of political and economic stability"

Posting recommendations on what the states and governments should do related to COVID-19 gets really close to discussing the public affairs of a country.   It probably didn't cross the line,  but this is a golf forum for the purposes of discussing golf.  There isn't a definitive line of this is fine and this isn't,  but we try to steer clear of those types of discussions here.   Yes,  there is free speech,  but since your or I don't own this forum,  our speech can be limited.  

Covid 19 is not political. It is a global health issue / crisis.

It also is directly golf related because it changes how we are allowed to play the game or even if we can play the game, maybe forever but certinally for the next 2-3 years.

3 minutes ago, viking said:

Covid 19 is not political. It is a global health issue / crisis.

It also is directly golf related because it changes how we are allowed to play the game or even if we can play the game, maybe forever but certinally for the next 2-3 years.

Discussions on how countries or states should or should not be responding generally get into politics.  I didn't say you couldn't talk about Covid19.     It really isn't that hard to figure out when you may be crossing a line.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Covid 19 is also an article on the blog i.e. how it is affecting the golf industry. Lets gt serious here and not be forcing people to not express their views and ask honest positive questions.

The site has no explanation of what political means here. Common sense would be we should not:

1. negatively argue about political parties

2. negatively argue about political leaders

3 negatively argue about political elections

4. negatively argue about political debates on tv

5. negatively portray political followers of various political parties

I have never seen any of the above here. Lets not confuse people have different views, beliefs, philosophies, morals and ideas and this should be encouraged not discouraged as long as it is not against the law and does not endanger people or cite mob violence or racism.

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Yeah, I suspect so.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°