GolfSpy Stroker

Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

Golf during a pandemic  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

Our Sponsors

Called Windmill this morning and have a tee time for 11:12 today, walking with another member...not too close though. Going out as a single on Sunday at 11:04.
I'm playing Cossett Creek at 1:30. Walking alone. It's supposed to rain all weekend, good luck.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

I'm playing Cossett Creek at 1:30. Walking alone. It's supposed to rain all weekend, good luck.

Take Dead Aim

Sunday is meant to be OK according to Dark Skies. Good luck to you too!

I’ve officially gone one week without golf. Not good. 

• Sad 1

Well it just came out in the news this AM---- Founders Group which operates 21 courses here is closing 6 of them temporarily. They say it is due to business being down. They depend more on motel and resort packages. Our Gov just ordered ALL non residents out by Sunday night and motels and resorts can not book before May1st. 

• Like 1

Da Guv has locked down Colorado but left the golf courses open. Happy with that!

Played 9 yesterday - no flags, no riding unless you have a medical issue. No problem!

‘Cept where is the dang hole? It ain’t in the middle of the green. Chipping took longer since we had to walk up and find the hole 🤨

Still very happy to get out and play...

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Curious how many people need to change their vote to this poll since originally answering it. Our whole area seems to have shut down as of 5pm yesterday. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Curious how many people need to change their vote to this poll since originally answering it. Our whole area seems to have shut down as of 5pm yesterday. 

My vote would change, shutdown in my area now.

Great news in my area guys and gals !!!!!   Our county judge has allowed area golf courses to be open with implementation of CDC guidelines for public distancing to avoid spread of COVID 19 virus.

I did get to play yesterday but I had to travel to a neighboring county golf course that was open.

I'm really HAPPY

The Happiest People On Earth | Excited meme, Spanish jokes, Funny ...

• Like 5

Guest Chuck Z

Staying not only because of the virus, but because of back surgery I had the first of February.  Hope to be back around the first of June.  

Played this morning here in SC at a George Cobb (Quail Hollow) design. First chance to really test out the new Bridgestone Tour B RX balls! #Amazing!!
IMG_7453.JPGIMG_7456.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I got to play yesterday, our club is still open, with lots of restrictions.  I walked and let my QOD carry my clubs.  We plan to remain open as long as its permitted, while doing the responsible things to minimize the chances of passing along the virus.  Getting a chance to play is a very good thing for my mental health, working from home has gotten really lonesome really quickly.  

• Like 4

Got a call from Windmill yesterday. Ohio Department of Health shut down golf for Ohio, so my tee time on Sunday is cancelled.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No our Governor feels that golfing isn't a safe recreation. He doesn't realize that my group always walks and other than the tee box and green we are no where near each other. We just hope we are on the same fairway.

52 minutes ago, MattF said:

Got a call from Windmill yesterday. Ohio Department of Health shut down golf for Ohio, so my tee time on Sunday is cancelled.

As they say in the UK, Im gutted about this one.  Mostly because the courses all followed the guidelines and now suddenly golf isnt a safe form of outdoor recreation.  Thank God for Playstation and streaming TV because with no golf, no soccer and being off work until who knows when, Id have to start drinking every day!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mike B said:

No our Governor feels that golfing isn't a safe recreation. He doesn't realize that my group always walks and other than the tee box and green we are no where near each other. We just hope we are on the same fairway.

Unfortunately, regulations are generally made for the masses, not for the individuals who do the right thing as a matter of routine.  

I see this is your first post, welcome to MGS. I'll suggest that you fill in your profile with a bit more information.  In a topic like this one, understanding where each member is located helps give a better picture of conditions around the country, and around the world.

Edited by DaveP043
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Unfortunately, regulations are generally made for the masses, not for the individuals who do the right thing as a matter of routine.  

I see this is your first post, welcome to TheSandTrap.  I'll suggest that you fill in your profile with a bit more information.  In a topic like this one, understanding where each member is located helps give a better picture of conditions around the country, and around the world.

The Sandtrap? Oh No You Didn’t 😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MattF said:

I thought it was weird that I got an email from Thunderbird the other day saying they were closed , when they sent out an email a few days earlier saying they were open. There was no explanation why they were closed - now it makes sense. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

The Sandtrap? Oh No You Didn’t 😱

Fixed, I beg forgivenness.  Altho I do like that other site too.  Different vibe, different emphasis, yet entertaining.  And since I'm not playing golf today (rain, not COVID related) I'm rolling through all of the websites one after another, and obviously becoming rather confused. 🙃

• Like 5
  • Haha 1