GolfSpy Stroker

Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

Our Sponsors

Just did a quick look and both Portage (where Windmill is) and Summit county have closed all courses. But, I did see that people were playing at Firestone yesterday...won't be long before they get shut down.
Cuyahoga, Lorain, and Medina counties are still open. I think Medina shut courses down Thursday but I'm getting lots of emails about places being open this weekend. Turkeyfoot, in Summit, is also open so they must have lifted the ban.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2

Our courses are still open so far.  Have had the kids during the week as well as working from home so no chance to get out to play 9 over lunch or anything.  Also, weather hasn't been the greatest.  Supposed to have a couple nice days from Thursday - Sunday so I might try and get out for at least 9 holes at that point.  Stay safe to all those who are playing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Turkeyfoot, in Summit, is also open so they must have lifted the ban.

The state did, I know that. But I'm buggered if I'm going to Turkeyfoot along with about a million other clowns.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MattF said:

Are they that petty over there?

Absolutely--- Their new software will censor out any reference to MGS like this *** and it will censor out the word Spy too. It will also censor out words like fart---- And it got worse after MGS broke the data on the Kirkland balls.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Absolutely--- Their new software will censor out any reference to MGS like this *** and it will censor out the word Spy too. It will also censor out words like fart---- And it got worse after MGS broke the data on the Kirkland balls.

Trying to get my post count up so I can use their BST forum. Other than that, it's a pretty useless forum with nothing but people who flame each other.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

Trying to get my post count up so I can use their BST forum. Other than that, it's a pretty useless forum with nothing but people who flame each other.

I mainly go to that forum for BST section and Deals section.

10 hours ago, yungkory said:

The main forums are like that. I try to stay away from them and stay in the Classic Golf and Golfers section and the Clubhouse Grille section of the 19th hole. Actually we are getting some new converts from over there to here but they are the good guys that are fed up with what you just described

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BIG STU said:

That's just pathetic. I was going to write something else about the hypocrisy in their "about" page, but I'll drop it.

Anyway, good news, Windmill Lakes opens again today so I'm going to try and snag a time for Sunday morning.

• Like 2

Against what I want to say, right now it's a no. Partly because I have no irons, partly because my girlfriend wants me to stay inside so I don't catch anything. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Playing on weekends mostly here in VA still.  As long as the courses are open, I will still play.  Riding in the cart still as well.  Most courses don't have enough carts to allow single riders for everyone.  So I will ride with someone, but still do a lot of walking besides the cart.  I basically use the cart as a transport for my clubs & for the ride from the green to the next tee box.  

I practice safety at all times.... I bring sanitizer, leave the flag in, do the 'ol "elbow bash" instead of a handshake, wipe down the cart with sanitizing wipes even if the course said they did.  These are some trying times but I'll be damned if it's going to stop me from playing.  We all gotta die of something ... so let me die on the golf course.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm slightly conflicted short playing right now. At least the weather doesn't cooperate all the time so that helps. I suppose I should just be happy that what I love to do isn't really affected. Stay out if the clubhouse and it's no different than a walk in the park.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 12:25 PM, MattF said:

The state did, I know that. But I'm buggered if I'm going to Turkeyfoot along with about a million other clowns.

Turkeyfoot is a fun course. It's way over priced IMO. I haven't played it in probably 5 years.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Playing on weekends mostly here in VA still.  As long as the courses are open, I will still play.  Riding in the cart still as well.  Most courses don't have enough carts to allow single riders for everyone.  So I will ride with someone, but still do a lot of walking besides the cart.  I basically use the cart as a transport for my clubs & for the ride from the green to the next tee box.  

I practice safety at all times.... I bring sanitizer, leave the flag in, do the 'ol "elbow bash" instead of a handshake, wipe down the cart with sanitizing wipes even if the course said they did.  These are some trying times but I'll be damned if it's going to stop me from playing.  We all gotta die of something ... so let me die on the golf course.  😉 

If you have ever seen the movie The Legend Of Bagger Vance the old man at the first that is me in a nutshell and plus if you have a practiced eye like I do you will see he is hitting a persimmon butterfly sole plate Macgregor driver

• Like 2

3 hours ago, silver & black said:

Turkeyfoot is a fun course. It's way over priced IMO. I haven't played it in probably 5 years.

Turkeyfoot for some reason that seems like a good name for a course I like it-----

• Like 2

Just now, BIG STU said:

Turkeyfoot for some reason that seems like a good name for a course I like it-----

It's running along side a lake named Turkeyfoot. I'm guessing you can figure out why it's called Turkeyfoot...lol.

• Haha 1

My home course has now closed to the public. Only members and member guests. Member guests can not pay via cash or card, we have to put it onto our account. 

Not the full experience but at least a way to get out.

• Like 1

I'm a member at a private club in Oregon and we are still open, practicing social distance and cleanliness measures that other courses are using.  Up until Sunday, I was playing with others, but have since self imposed a personal policy of strictly playing with myself or at most one other (my neighbor and long-time golfing partner).  This is purely a personal decision.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

I'm a member at a private club in Oregon and we are still open, practicing social distance and cleanliness measures that other courses are using.  Up until Sunday, I was playing with others, but have since self imposed a personal policy of strictly playing with myself or at most one other (my neighbor and long-time golfing partner).  This is purely a personal decision.

Just curious.  Are you playing better, worse, or about the same?  We can't play here in WA, but the last week we were open I walked while my wife rode and I felt less distracted.  Seems like I could focus a little better, and it was a little less social golf.

Turkeyfoot is always in great shape and it's easy to find deals. Don't think I ever paid more than $30.

Take Dead Aim