Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

Our Sponsors

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Just curious.  Are you playing better, worse, or about the same?  We can't play here in WA, but the last week we were open I walked while my wife rode and I felt less distracted.  Seems like I could focus a little better, and it was a little less social golf.

I've only played one round (and we skipped 3 holes) with my buddy since making the decision, so can't really say one way or the other.  However, prior to making this choice, I have been hitting the ball really solid.  

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allie and I played 9 this evening on a local upscale par 3 (attached to an upscale daily fee).  She hit a nice one on this hole, well inside of me, and made the putt for birdie.  She was ornery all da

I agree with you, that I enjoy walking more than riding.  But it's a combination of things here, see my post above about our course.  Then couple that with I'm 60 and have had both knees replaced and

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Turkeyfoot is always in great shape and it's easy to find deals. Don't think I ever paid more than $30.

Take Dead Aim

Wow. I've never paid less than $45... usually $48 to $55 on weekends with a cart . Like I said, I haven't played there in at least 5 years. Maybe things are different now.

14 hours ago, BIG STU said:

If you have ever seen the movie The Legend Of Bagger Vance the old man at the first that is me in a nutshell and plus if you have a practiced eye like I do you will see he is hitting a persimmon butterfly sole plate Macgregor driver

I have seen it .... multiple times 🙂  Ahh the beauty of Persimmon!  Remember the days 

I had a set of Hogan Persimmon woods back in high school.  Talk about beautiful.  I used to polish the heads after I played.  😉    I think in my stupid youth I sold them eventually when the first metal woods came out.  Dumb a**!

• Like 1

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:   :titelist-small:  TS2 9.5* UST ATTAS COOOL 

Fairways  :titelist-small: HZRDUS Smoke 13.5*

Driving Iron:  :titelist-small: U500 17* UST V2

Irons  :titelist-small: T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X Catalyst 100cw

Wedges  :vokey-small: SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter  :cameron-small:  Newport  

Ball  :titelist-small: 2020 AVX

Yea! We are playing here. Riding in your own cart. The cups are upside down and they encourage that if it’s within 5 feet, you pick it up and count the stroke or take the gimme. No touchy of the flag stick. They have taken up all the rakes and water jugs on the course. And most importantly, it’s closed to the public, members only. 99% of the members here live on site being that it’s a community. So it works out perfectly.

Edited by MALyons31
  • Like 3

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

My wife and I had a tee time yesterday afternoon, playing the front 9, so I ran out in the morning morning and played the back. Played a lot better than the previous day even though the speed on the greens is difficult to judge. I did sink this short putt for a bird though, it brought a smile to my face. 

IMG_6682.JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Yup, played this morning w Bacon Boyz after 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got a 12:48 Sunday at da club.

• Like 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well they redid some things at my course after the latest edict from our Gov came out this morning All the practice areas are closed and we can not congregate anywhere even in the parking lot. The Dog Fight is on for Saturday with individual carts etc. So after this morning I can no longer do my morning thing since I retired. Sit on the corner of the patio smoking my cigar and drinking coffee watching the sun come up over #9 and #10. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

On 4/3/2020 at 9:44 AM, BIG STU said:

Well they redid some things at my course after the latest edict from our Gov came out this morning All the practice areas are closed and we can not congregate anywhere even in the parking lot. The Dog Fight is on for Saturday with individual carts etc. So after this morning I can no longer do my morning thing since I retired. Sit on the corner of the patio smoking my cigar and drinking coffee watching the sun come up over #9 and #10. 

Easy!  Get in your single cart with your cigar and thermos/Yeti; drive over by the patio and watch the sun come up over #9 and #10.  Hope you took everyone to the cleaners!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Easy!  Get in your single cart with your cigar and thermos/Yeti; drive over by the patio and watch the sun come up over #9 and #10.  Hope you took everyone to the cleaners!!

Sounds reasonable

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yes, if I can find courses that are open.  One person per cart, no rakes in bunkers, cup restrictions so ball does not go down.  Also use wipes on cart steering wheel and sand bottles.

• Like 3

18A751BA-9D76-4A69-8E0F-398EE94B7054.jpeg

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Actually that is exactly what I did went out under the trees a ways off. We ended up not playing a shootout per say. My whole team showed up and 2 other guys joined us so we played a 6 some $10 round robin. Lot of fun and the comp was tough. I made a birdie putt on the last hole to break even. They did open our putting green and range back up though but as our GM put it we can not sit down to rest on the patio. BUT----- There must be 500 people congregated in Wal Mart just up the street elbow to elbow---

Supposedly there are people and I know who they work for in the golf business and it is all political that are going around shooting video at course violations and turning courses in. Some of the members and myself have decided if we spot one their phone will be confiscated and destroyed and their butt thoroughly kicked. LOL owners and management do not want to know ( sic). But some of the BS going on here is unreal 

Edited by BIG STU
  • Like 5

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

Last night one of my buddies called and let me know that beautiful Lake Jonesco was reopening with Covid 19 restrictions in place.  There is no admittance to the club house, you pay through a new pay window to the left of the entrance,  one person per cart and the holes are restricted so the ball does not fully drop in.  Flags are left in the holes for putting.   We had our Friday skins game this morning with 7 players, everyone was happy to be out and see everyone after the 3 week lay-off.  It was great to be back on the course. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here  

Played today;  typical restrictions that most of us are seeing.  I did see something new today;  all the flags had tag out tags attached. 

Equipment-Locked-Out-Tag-TG-1021-02.gif

• Like 6

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Shot an 80 at St. Andrews with 42 putts. How low can you go with 52% of your shots being putts?

IMG_1114.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Shot a lights out 71 at Wolf Creek from the women’s tees. Light winds lead to 5 tap in birdies. Gamed the 2 piece Q Star.

IMG_0160.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I'm playing at the usual beginning of the season skill level. Not good... not terrible. April in Ohio is hit and miss weather wise. I hope the Coronavirus doesn't put a damper on things. if all goes well.... I should be back in form by mid June.

• Like 4
I'm playing at the usual beginning of the season skill level. Not good... not terrible. April in Ohio is hit and miss weather wise. I hope the Coronavirus doesn't put a damper on things. if all goes well.... I should be back in form by mid June.
Where you playing? I'm in the west CLE burbs. I have a thread on here for meetups in NE Ohio.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

Where you playing? I'm in the west CLE burbs. I have a thread on here for meetups in NE Ohio.

Take Dead Aim

I live in Massillon.... about 45 miles south of Cleveland.

• Like 1
I live in Massillon.... about 45 miles south of Cleveland.
That's not bad at all. I play Turkeyfoot & Rain Tree a lot. Been to a few places in Canton. I've played the Legends years ago. What are the nice courses around Massillon?

Take Dead Aim