GolfSpy Stroker

Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

Our Sponsors

Just an update—it's good to be out again!

Driving ranges have opened up in Denmark, albeit limited. That's fine by me. Early morning and I'm finally swinging again. Looks like squeezing a tennis ball has been helping out with my elbow issues. How do I know? I'm not over-compensating with my other arm when swinging my driver. I just keep telling myself—baby steps.

Anyway, I noticed a golf pro giving a private lesson, so yep, we are on track to get back to sense of normalcy. 

Hope wherever you are, you're staying safe. 

IMG_0105.jpeg.34c08dd331bdcebd5aa1e7d0a4ea5301.jpeg

• Like 3

DRIVER :ping-small: G410 PLUS 10.5°  TENSEI CK ORANGE 60 S

FAIRWAY :ping-small: G410 3/14.5°  PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 85 6.0

HYBRIDS :ping-small: G410 19°, 20°  ALTA CB 70 RED

IRONS :mizuno-small: JPX 900 FORGED 5-PW  PROJECT X LZ 5.5

WEDGES :cleveland-small: CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°

PUTTER :ping-small: KARSTEN ANSER 33"

BALL :wilson_staff_small: DUO U

I played 9 today as a single at my favorite local public. Prepaid fees, the starter controlled all play and pace was good. The parking lot was full and we managed to beat the rain across southern Lake Ontario. 20 mph wind gusts were a formidable challenge for a links course at 3300yds.

Shot +4 40 with 6/9 greens and 18 putts. I only counted putts that hit the noodle squarely.

Not an official round but it felt great to play.

IMG_6036.thumb.jpg.0722e1c77ad3f8e79f827a1b69e1d5d1.jpg

• Like 8

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

And just to add...

There were empties at the tee boxes where trash cans would have been.

People literally leaving their garbage on the course for someone to scoop up. As if it’s too much work to put the same empty can, box, wrapper or yes, vodka bottle back in your own bag.

I just can’t with some folks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Currently testing the Ben Hogan PTx Combo irons https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/38486-2020-official-member-review-ben-hogan-icon-ptx-proicon-combo-irons/

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

22 minutes ago, bens197 said:

And just to add...

People literally leaving their garbage on the course for someone to scoop up. As if it’s too much work to put the same empty can, box, wrapper of yes, vodka bottle back in your own bag.

People never cease to disappoint.

• Like 3

golfing is much safer than getting in line for grocery.........

That being said, there is no other way of controlling the spread of the COVID-19 other than a complete shut down of the society.

Had anyone had any foresight at the beginning of the outbreak, the wheel of human activity should had been stopped regardless of the determined essential level.  Everything except for the medical emergency care should had been shut down.   Impossible ?   Right !

Imagine everything shut down for 20 days, everyone stay indoors.  While work stopped, all collection activities should be stopped also, that including finacial espects, like interest accumulation, mortgage payment ..... all payment should be stopped and moved 20 days back.     Not a big deal these days with the A.I. to figure out all the logistics.

The trick is to have every facet of the society in the world to follow the 20 days lockdown.   A much effective way than the partial shutdown we had been experiencing.

I will not be the cry baby nor the squeaking wheel like the anglers complaining about not able to fish.  They had made the News by protesting not able to fish under the current stay-at-home order.   What is the big deal ?  20 days of complete shutdown will be much better than the partial shutdown, not knowing whether the virus is still with us........which is learned from the News that in Asia, the second wave of the virus is coming back after countries declared it under control.

Japan had predicted their metropolitan area will have the hardest hit by the virus this coming Summer, not knowing China's situation as that country always hide the real numbers from the rest of the world; but obviously there were signs of the return of the virus.

The vaccine under developing currently will be useless since virus will be mutating into a different state by the time it is validated .   So, it will not be a boxed solution just like we could not control the influenza from the early 20th Century.   I would seriously consider the whole situation before making noise for "our right" .   We will need to fix this because there is no other place to escape to,  other than the planet Earth.    Ever wonder if the dinosaurs were extinguished by virus and not from the the popular believe by the meteor impact ?

I would take this event as a sign of things to come, and we need to be more prepared for it.   I would skip this entire golf season if it will help the effort to control the spread of the virus.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 2:11 PM, bens197 said:

And just to add...

People literally leaving their garbage on the course for someone to scoop up. As if it’s too much work to put the same empty can, box, wrapper or yes, vodka bottle back in your own bag.

Jerks. Probably take 6+ hours to play a round.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, release said:

golfing is much safer than getting in line for grocery.........

That being said, there is no other way of controlling the spread of the COVID-19 other than a complete shut down of the society.

Had anyone had any foresight at the beginning of the outbreak, the wheel of human activity should had been stopped regardless of the determined essential level.  Everything except for the medical emergency care should had been shut down.   Impossible ?   Right !

Imagine everything shut down for 20 days, everyone stay indoors.  While work stopped, all collection activities should be stopped also, that including finacial espects, like interest accumulation, mortgage payment ..... all payment should be stopped and moved 20 days back.     Not a big deal these days with the A.I. to figure out all the logistics.

The trick is to have every facet of the society in the world to follow the 20 days lockdown.   A much effective way than the partial shutdown we had been experiencing.

I will not be the cry baby nor the squeaking wheel like the anglers complaining about not able to fish.  They had made the News by protesting not able to fish under the current stay-at-home order.   What is the big deal ?  20 days of complete shutdown will be much better than the partial shutdown, not knowing whether the virus is still with us........which is learned from the News that in Asia, the second wave of the virus is coming back after countries declared it under control.

Japan had predicted their metropolitan area will have the hardest hit by the virus this coming Summer, not knowing China's situation as that country always hide the real numbers from the rest of the world; but obviously there were signs of the return of the virus.

The vaccine under developing currently will be useless since virus will be mutating into a different state by the time it is validated .   So, it will not be a boxed solution just like we could not control the influenza from the early 20th Century.   I would seriously consider the whole situation before making noise for "our right" .   We will need to fix this because there is no other place to escape to,  other than the planet Earth.    Ever wonder if the dinosaurs were extinguished by virus and not from the the popular believe by the meteor impact ?

I would take this event as a sign of things to come, and we need to be more prepared for it.   I would skip this entire golf season if it will help the effort to control the spread of the virus.

I won't comment on what you posted... only that you should probably just stop right there. We don't do this here.

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, viking said:

Jerks. Probably take 6+ hours to play a round.

He played 9 holes as a single, and didn't mention waiting at all.  It seems doubtful that a group ahead of him took 6 hours to play.  That's simply an assumption on your part, and you know what happens when you ASSume.

• Like 5

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 minute ago, DaveP043 said:

He played 9 holes as a single, and didn't mention waiting at all.  It seems doubtful that a group ahead of him took 6 hours to play.  That's simply an assumption on your part, and you know what happens when you ASSume.

No room or excuse for drunks or litters on a golf course or anywhere period. Probably drove home drunk as well and if they had an accident they would kill innocent people but they likely would not have a scratch on them. If you drink stay home don't ruin other peoples lifes or enjoyment.

1 hour ago, viking said:

No room or excuse for drunks or litters on a golf course or anywhere period. Probably drove home drunk as well and if they had an accident they would kill innocent people but they likely would not have a scratch on them. If you drink stay home don't ruin other peoples lifes or enjoyment.

No argument there, but how do you know they were drunk?  Did you ASSume that as well?  I know he mentioned a vodka bottle, but there's no way for us to know whether that was 80% empty before the round began.  I have no problem with players having a beer or two on the course, or a nip of something harder, even more as long as they don't damage the course, slow down play unreasonably, or ruin someone else's enjoyment by acting like buffoons.  But they should clean up their own mess, and find a sober driver to get them home.

• Like 6

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

It is illegal to drink and drive if >.05 applies on all 18 tees especially #1 🍼 🍾 🚔

34 minutes ago, viking said:

It is illegal to drink and drive if >.05 applies on all 18 tees especially #1 🍼 🍾 🚔

What if they drink and walk all 18?

• Like 1

Not illegal just a PIA POS. Would be a fit lush.

On 4/19/2020 at 1:11 PM, bens197 said:

And just to add...

Intentional littering on the course is so shameful.

And it's also frustrating to be suddenly handcuffed, from the perspective of personal agency, that would allow us to immediately fix the problems we might encounter.

I would normally just grab any loose trash and dispose of it properly, but that is not really an option currently.

For now, I suppose a garbage strewn course is better than none at all? But it definitely introduces a melancholy aspect that would hopefully otherwise abate during a blessed round of golf.

• Like 4

:ping-small:___________G400 LST 9* - Ping Tour 65 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:adams-small:_Super Proto DHY 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus hX3 S
:adams-small: _Idea MB2 4-PW - Matrix Program 130 6.5
:cleveland-small:_________RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
Bettinardi.png.e7ca0ee7ba785611a4a144e16b6b93ab.png___SS38 Armlock
k_sig.jpg.00b599e7e823c61015277de38ca16982.jpg___'18 4-piece
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

If that keeps up they will just ban booze on the course.🗑️

Yup no more picking up garbage when it is even illegal to pick up lost balls, which to be fair is a very enjoyable part of the game for many., also economic and environmentally friendly. Saving green twice. 💸🤑

6 hours ago, silver & black said:

I won't comment on what you posted... only that you should probably just stop right there. We don't do this here.

You are correct on the wrong place for the post, can the mod delete it ?

People are just going to be what they are and not able to learn or to be educated.  "c'est la vie"

I think I'll try to stay on track for the "golf" focused topic from now on.

• Like 2

You did nothing wrong Release imo, you had good advice that would save many lives.

Stay safe Release.😷🧴👍

• Like 1

Just now, viking said:

You did nothing wrong Release imo, you had good advice that would save many lives.

Stay safe Release.😷🧴👍

No one said he did anything wrong. We just keep politics away from here. It never goes well on any forum.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, viking said:

If that keeps up they will just ban booze on the course.🗑️

Yup no more picking up garbage when it is even illegal to pick up lost balls, which to be fair is a very enjoyable part of the game for many., also economic and environmentally friendly. Saving green twice. 💸🤑

No they won't. They will lose out on a lot of revenue if they do... and people will just bring their own anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, silver & black said:

No one said he did anything wrong. We just keep politics away from here. It never goes well on any forum.

That is not politics it is good public health practice.

Politics is political parties (Dems and Reps for you in the US) or political leaders for the November 2020 elections Seriously how is what he said political? Honesty I don't get your objection.

You can agree or disagree with his views no issue there but why call it political, just because you don't agree with it?

You can agree to disagree it is a free country with freedom of speech,  thought and assembly, correct?