Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

Our Sponsors

My club is open for business with a few added precautions such as....water jugs were removed from the course and bottled water is available at 1/2 price. Disinfectant is being used hourly on the common areas such as the door knobs and counters in the pro shop. All carts are wiped with disinfectant between rounds. Signs in restrooms advising all persons to wash their hands.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allie and I played 9 this evening on a local upscale par 3 (attached to an upscale daily fee).  She hit a nice one on this hole, well inside of me, and made the putt for birdie.  She was ornery all da

I agree with you, that I enjoy walking more than riding.  But it's a combination of things here, see my post above about our course.  Then couple that with I'm 60 and have had both knees replaced and

Posted Images

Everything in my hometown is still rolling along. I played 18 this weekend and the course was packed.

Were not scared of no beer flu.

• Like 4

:cobra-small: F7 Driver

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ 3 and 5 wood

:cobra-small: F9 irons 5 thru GW

:cobra-small: King Black Wedges 52/56/60

• Like 2

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Im not playing golf right now.  All of the munis here in Columbus are closed and even most of the other courses are closing down too.  Everyone is just kind of hunkering down and letting COVID pass.

Id had hopes that my work would shut down for a few weeks and I could just golf every day but I dont see that happening now.  Its looks like if we do shut down, I will be playing FIFA on the Playstation.  Its a rough time: the golf courses are closed, the bars are closed (unless you want carryout) and the future in uncertain.

Even still, Im still healthy and I still have a job to go to every day, so I really cant complain.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Tommy Armour VCG 56*

Putter: Wilson Augusta

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

No, because when pretty much every single medical professional says to stay home and not go out to help slow the transmission of the virus, I do the sane thing and listen. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

I haven't played yet due to weather.  When it gets a little warmer I'll probably get out under certain conditions.  I would most likely walk, refrain from touching rakes and flagsticks.  I can't imagine I'd be at risk being in the open air and touching only my clubs that I brought with me.  I don't think I'd be comfortable riding in a cart.  Information changes every day so we will see what the next couple weeks brings.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

:ping-small:   :taylormade-small:   :srixon-small:   :cleveland-small:   :wilson_staff_small:   :OnCore:
'16 Taylormade M2 9.5*
Srixon F65 4W 17*
Ping G Crossover 18*
Ping G Crossover 24*
Taylormade RSI2 6-PW
Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
Cleveland Zipcore 56*
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Oncore Elixr

7 hours ago, juspoole said:

Agree here.  My wife is in the healthcare industry and while I don't see any reason to slow my normal activities, I am because I don't want to spread anything to those who might have more difficulty fighting it.  Another issue is that many could have it and it be unknown for up to 14 days or with symptoms so much like a common cold or flu, believe they have that.

Imagine the craziness that has ensued at the supermarkets hitting all of the hospitals.  There simply isn't the infrastructure in place to digest that.  Let alone healthcare professionals will also not be immune so there will be fewer who can help those that need it. 

I am far away from thinking this has any threat to myself or a majority of society over other illnesses or causes of death, but the contagious nature of this makes it a bit more concerning.

Sorry for the rant and back to question at hand.   I plan on playing golf in the coming weeks as weather allows.  I will be walking and not touching the flagstick.  I feel like golf has built in distancing so should have no issues.

... I am supposed to leave for Phoenix this week. If I can live at home and have no contact with others, drive to the course alone, pay for my round without touching anyone or anything, wash my hands before playing just in case, touch nothing but my clubs and my ball including the flagstick, walk behind my remote cart at least 6 feet from playing partners, wave goodbye and get back in my car and drive home alone ... I will play golf in the hot Phoenix sun. At least until I am told even that may cause potential problems for others and I should self quarantine. 

... I am a little shocked but not completely surprised by someone saying they are not gonna change anything in there lives. This is a worldwide pandemic and as you said making changes can save lives and stop hospitals from being over run. So I won't be going to restaurants or concerts or shopping for anything but absolute necessities while keeping my distance as well as refraining from many activities I have done in the past until this is over. I do not live in fear of what this virus may do to me, but I have a very healthy respect for what it can do to others because of my callous selfishness. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

21 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am supposed to leave for Phoenix this week. If I can live at home and have no contact with others, drive to the course alone, pay for my round without touching anyone or anything, wash my hands before playing just in case, touch nothing but my clubs and my ball including the flagstick, walk behind my remote cart at least 6 feet from playing partners, wave goodbye and get back in my car and drive home alone ... I will play golf in the hot Phoenix sun. At least until I am told even that may cause potential problems for others and I should self quarantine. 

... I am a little shocked but not completely surprised by someone saying they are not gonna change anything in there lives. This is a worldwide pandemic and as you said making changes can save lives and stop hospitals from being over run. So I won't be going to restaurants or concerts or shopping for anything but absolute necessities while keeping my distance as well as refraining from many activities I have done in the past until this is over. I do not live in fear of what this virus may do to me, but I have a very healthy respect for what it can do to others because of my callous selfishness. 

Agreed not changing anything is not

ok. Pretty frustrating with what’s going on with shopping and all that because my family and I go on Sundays and it’s dead if you just did your normal shopping we would be a lot better off with added distancing. Either way I think golfing is an ok activity that can get you out of the house. Our courses up here are opening up and you bet your ass I’m hitting the range and trying to get some swings in.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Just got this post from our golf club in regards to virus (only golf portion copied here)

Golf:

• Hours of Operation:  the Golf Course, Practice Facility, Pro Shop, and Snack Shack will remain open with regular hours.
  • Golf Cars:  only one passenger per golf car is permitted unless utilizing a personal golf car with family member passengers that live in the same household.
  • Safety Precautions:
    • Walking is encouraged instead of riding.
    • Try to remain six-feet apart at all times, even on the green.
    • Sanitize your car with a wipe before playing (club staff is already doing this, however, personally doing this can only help).
    • Avoid picking up clubs or golf balls of fellow members.
    • Avoid touching the green’s flag stick (leave it in if possible).
    • Avoid shaking hands on 18 but rather elect for an “elbow bump” or a distance high five.
    • Avoid congregating in groups (Pro Shop or Clubhouse).
  • Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

8 hours ago, pulledabill said:

The range is putting bleach in their ball washer which I found funny and helpful at the same time.

Man, you're taking me back to the club I worked at, when we'd have to bleach the range balls every few weeks to whiten them up.  The pro would come back into the bag room and announce that it was time to "bleach the balls" and you knew that pair of Dockers you were wearing were gonna get trashed.

As for me, right now I'm playing with my daughter, walking, pushing my own cart, leaving the flag in, picking up shorties.

• Like 5

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Played Friday, and Sunday. Walked on Friday for 9-holes and rode on Sunday, with a cartner, for 18. I already posted my thoughts on the virus in the COVID-19 thread if you're interested to join us there. I am taking it seriously by being cautious and using common sense. I have loved ones who will quite frankly die if they contract it, and I don't want to be the one to give it to them. That said, I'm not going to be a slave to the outbreak. So, I'm going to keep golfing, washing my hands, not coughing on people, no hugs/kisses/handshakes anything. You can get the elbow for the memes if you're down with that, otherwise you're getting a shaka and I'll see you on the course next week. 🤙

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

All the courses here (Washington) pulled the plug today after the governor put some edicts in place for what businesses can be open. 

However I got an email from my country club that while the pro shop, driving range and food options are all closed, I can still go golf. 

So, I think I'll just keep playing as a single or with my wife as this event continues. 

• Like 4

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Our Tuesday game is on, will prob only get 20-30 rather than 49-50 as most of us are retired.

I am going to play my own ball, only drink from my cup of water & drive my own cart.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

As of today we are open and have pretty heavily booked tee sheets.  I have had a few outings canceled/postpone.  And with the CDC latest recommendation if no gatherings of 10 or more.  I expect wide scale cancellations.  I shouldn't lose my job but 80%  of my income is commission. 

But we are a county run municipal so with the Governor closing all bars and restaurants yesterday ans hearing of other local municipality closing it's courses.  I won't be surprised if we get that directive soon. 

In the meantime.  

Things we are doing at our course 

We will allow single carts 

We are washing down the entire cart and sanitizing the steering wheel, all keys, the forward back switch, the grip on the roof and all seating. 

in addition we are putting free range balls out, to avoid cash handling and individual use of the range machine buttons. Also encouraging everyone to pay online if possible and not requiring signature on credit card transactions inside.

Leaving our doors open to avoid common touching of door handle.

Setup a hand sanitizer section inside the clubhouse. 

Closed our bar and grill

• Like 7

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

16 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

I desperately want to but we don't have courses open still being winter and all.

Could maybe find a simulator that's open. 

That's my world. Even the simulator I use was closed this past Sunday. Just when I was starting to knock the rust off. Remains to be seen what will happen with golf club openings here, since we are a month or more away from the earliest opening here in NS.

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

As of today we are open and have pretty heavily booked tee sheets.  I have had a few outings canceled/postpone.  And with the CDC latest recommendation if no gatherings of 10 or more.  I expect wide scale cancellations.  I shouldn't lose my job but 80%  of my income is commission. 

But we are a county run municipal so with the Governor closing all bars and restaurants yesterday ans hearing of other local municipality closing it's courses.  I won't be surprised if we get that directive soon. 

In the meantime.  

Things we are doing at our course 

We will allow single carts 

We are washing down the entire cart and sanitizing the steering wheel, all keys, the forward back switch, the grip on the roof and all seating. 

in addition we are putting free range balls out, to avoid cash handling and individual use of the range machine buttons. Also encouraging everyone to pay online if possible and not requiring signature on credit card transactions inside.

Leaving our doors open to avoid common touching of door handle.

Setup a hand sanitizer section inside the clubhouse. 

Closed our bar and grill

For what it is worth, you have my sympathy. I am one of the fortunate ones who has been ordered to work from home. The issue for those of us with this income security is what we can do to support those in our community who have to rely on tips or commissions for a significant part of their income. The governments here are putting in place a number of economic measures to try to mitigate the damage, but we suspect it will not be sufficient to alleviate the economic loss and the damage that flows from that to individuals. It is even more difficult to just go out and spend the money at restaurants, clubs and bars when they have been ordered to close or limit the number of people who can gather. Speaking for myself, I am still looking for opportunities for what I can do. Donations to the food bank hardly seem adequate. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Pug said:

That's my world. Even the simulator I use was closed this past Sunday. Just when I was starting to knock the rust off. Remains to be seen what will happen with golf club openings here, since we are a month or more away from the earliest opening here in NS.

Where in NS are you from? 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Time willing, I'm planning on hitting the driving range, no personal interaction required. After that, come summer, who knows? The semi-private golf courses here also have 9-holes, hand carts only, and they are generally paid for via golf box, so apart from a touch screen, there's much social distancing built in. 

Am I panicked? No. Am I concerned about getting it? Only to the point of not wanting me or my wife to be sick. I'm still in an age group where I'm not under threat of dying from it. But I do take seriously my MIL's concerns. And as much as I want to help her, I traveled recently, so I'm staying put. I just came back from visiting my parents for 10 days, so, since they are in their 80s, I'm still concerned about their welfare.

I've hit four airports in the past month—three international, one regional. My wife hit three. We both changed planes in Munich. That's enough for me to say yes to self-quarantine.

Remedies for all that inevitable boredom? Well, there's that other hobby (woodturning), and I'm this close to pulling the trigger on a Wellputt mat.

• Like 3

DRIVER :ping-small: G410 PLUS 10.5°  TENSEI CK ORANGE 60 S

FAIRWAY :ping-small: G410 3/14.5°  PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 85 6.0

HYBRIDS :ping-small: G410 19°, 20°  ALTA CB 70 RED

IRONS :mizuno-small: JPX 900 FORGED 5-PW  PROJECT X LZ 5.5

WEDGES :cleveland-small: CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°

PUTTER :ping-small: KARSTEN ANSER 33"

BALL :wilson_staff_small: DUO U

Our local Golfzon sim is closed as of last night and our course isn't open yet so I'll be either in the backyard practicing chipping or on our practice holes. Either way there is no interaction with other people and I have a full shag bag so don't need to worry about touching someone elses' balls (you know what I mean).

Once our course opens, I'll be playing since I use my own cart and can book tee times and check in on line,  so no interaction with any other individuals or .surfaces others have touched. .  .  

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy