Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

Our Sponsors

NW PA. Was 67 today and even though it rained a little, I would have been out there but the Governor has shut all courses down. Working from home now for what sounds like a long time but I guess I should feel lucky for working period. Not gonna be a fun couple of months. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ping G400 Max @ 9 degrees

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Cleveland 2009 launcher 4i Hybrid (also a 2i and 1i not currently in the bag)

Ping G700 5-9, PW, GW, SW (Green Dot and 3/4" length addition)

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

All Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize Grips

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Putter 35" w/oversize grip

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allie and I played 9 this evening on a local upscale par 3 (attached to an upscale daily fee).  She hit a nice one on this hole, well inside of me, and made the putt for birdie.  She was ornery all da

I agree with you, that I enjoy walking more than riding.  But it's a combination of things here, see my post above about our course.  Then couple that with I'm 60 and have had both knees replaced and

Posted Images

Beautiful day yesterday—checked around and thought I found a driving range open in Copenhagen. Drove out there and ... turns out, the the 18-hole and 9-hole are open—very pricey, but the driving range is not. Their pro shop went out of business last month, so I don’t know if that has something to do with it. 

... my kingdom for a home simulator.

• Like 2

DRIVER :ping-small: G410 PLUS 10.5°  TENSEI CK ORANGE 60 S

FAIRWAY :ping-small: G410 3/14.5°  PROJECT X EVENFLOW BLACK 85 6.0

HYBRIDS :ping-small: G410 19°, 20°  ALTA CB 70 RED

IRONS :mizuno-small: JPX 900 FORGED 5-PW  PROJECT X LZ 5.5

WEDGES :cleveland-small: CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°

PUTTER :ping-small: KARSTEN ANSER 33"

BALL :wilson_staff_small: DUO U

On 3/19/2020 at 10:21 PM, Kenny B said:

Went to the course today but only hit balls on the range.  It was fairly busy for a Thursday... announcing on the tee, in the hole and 15 minute call.  That only happens on Fri-Sun.   Friday - Sunday is very booked... 65º and sunny.

I learned a couple of things today...

They are removing rakes from bunkers today.  A few days too late.
Our pro is leaving tomorrow to be the GM of our sister course in Pasco.  
Our GM is inquiring if we can run our drink cart.  He hasn't heard yet...

I can't hit a high draw.

Kenny don't feel bad if I try a high draw it may go high and loop left and come back to me

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

On 3/19/2020 at 4:14 PM, sixcat said:

I haven't carried in over a decade and love my pushcart.  Living in the middle of the Appalachian Mountains, we have some elevation change.  The front is pancake flat for the first 6 holes.  The elevation change on 7-9 are minimal and easily to navigate without much effort.  The difficulty starts when you head toward #10.  It's 70 feet uphill from the 9th green to the 10th tee and another 90 feet from the 10th tee to the 10th green.  It's manageable again for the next few holes as you play back down the slope.  Then the next few holes are a bear.

And yep you told me one time where you live and I am familiar with your area--- One thing that would kill me is at your elevation the air is thinner that say even Charlotte and with that being said I live at sea level so it would be worse on me for a while---- I am trying to walk some and get back into shape. Right now it is hard to do with snowbird season and spring break season wide open. Main thing for me is retiring and getting out of the truck 10 hrs or more a day. I am semi retired now but did run 4 days this week due to steel prices going down. I did tell them this was my last fling I may run some next week to get the contract in . I feel once I get out of a truck I can exercise more and lose weight. And when I am able I like to walk my minimalist rounds with like 7 or 8 vintage clubs.

• Like 5

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

NW PA. Was 67 today and even though it rained a little, I would have been out there but the Governor has shut all courses down. Working from home now for what sounds like a long time but I guess I should feel lucky for working period. Not gonna be a fun couple of months. 

Happy Birthday Waldo!

Using Wilson Staff Driver: Triton, Powerbilt 3W/5W, Tour Edge CVX129 4Hybrid, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7,Hogan wedges 49/53/57 & Tommy Armour Impact putter.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

And yep you told me one time where you live and I am familiar with your area--- One thing that would kill me is at your elevation the air is thinner that say even Charlotte and with that being said I live at sea level so it would be worse on me for a while---- I am trying to walk some and get back into shape. Right now it is hard to do with snowbird season and spring break season wide open. Main thing for me is retiring and getting out of the truck 10 hrs or more a day. I am semi retired now but did run 4 days this week due to steel prices going down. I did tell them this was my last fling I may run some next week to get the contract in . I feel once I get out of a truck I can exercise more and lose weight. And when I am able I like to walk my minimalist rounds with like 7 or 8 vintage clubs.

Hey Big Stu, best of luck on your retirement.....,now you will be like a lot of us old farts.

Using Wilson Staff Driver: Triton, Powerbilt 3W/5W, Tour Edge CVX129 4Hybrid, Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7,Hogan wedges 49/53/57 & Tommy Armour Impact putter.

• Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Picked a heck of a time to retire. My Buddy in Conway says it’s crazy there but at least he’s playing golf.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

17 hours ago, Rickp said:

Picked a heck of a time to retire. My Buddy in Conway says it’s crazy there but at least he’s playing golf.

Yeah we played the shootout at Indigo Creek yesterday. Usually this time of the year was full because of all the snowbirds being down. We have been having right at 90 players but we were down to 40 something. A lot of the Snowbirds went home especially the Canadians. With things being like they are the staff did a great job putting extra tables outside etc. We had sandwiches which is a departure from the norm but it was ok by me after all we were playing golf. We did have one of those traveling groups from NC that played a separate event. What was spooky to me was after the prizes and drawings were done everyone vanished and we were done way early. The place looked like ghost town. In fact I went to the car and got my minimalist walking set and played a few walking holes. I know the staff was kinda rattled because they only had 5 groups signed up for next week besides us regulars. Usually there are at least 30 teams signed up------ What is really weird to me is the fact there is no church today. Our board and Pastor made the decision this week. I have 2 contacts on the Deacon board and they let me know first hand Thursday since I am considered Support Staff because I run the sound board. Told the wifey last night this is probably the first time in the history of the USA that Churches were closed on Sunday. I know Rev Kev had said last week his services were cancelled. 

• Like 4

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

Played yesterday with my wife and BIL from Seattle.  I was sorta like golf.  First day under new "rules".  Apparently even though my wife and I sleep together, we can't ride in a cart together.  EVERYONE must have their own cart.  Of course they ran out of carts, so I gave mine up and walked; the GM was very appreciative.  He said it made him sick to see all those carts out on all the holes.

Getting a cart was difficult.  All doors into the clubhouse were locked except for the side door directly into the pro shop.  It was "guarded"; only one person in at a time to checkin and get cart key.  There was a line.  The good news is that the carts are almost as clean as the day they were delivered new.  

You would think that if everyone had their own cart that the pace of play would be quicker... NO!  I hope that breaking this rule doesn't get us shut down.  Apparently, the rule is that people can put 2 bags on a cart, but only one rider (probably to maximize people and save number of carts); the other has to walk.  I saw that being violated by the 2nd tee.  We were on #13 when a cart was headed back towards us and the clubhouse; a few minutes later the guy driving it came back past us with a girl riding next to him.  

It was a beautiful, sunny day and with nothing else to do, all the crazies came out.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Im planning on playing a few times while Im off work for the next week and a half.  Some of the courses here in Cbus are still open, you just have to be smart and careful.  I plan to call anything within 6' a gimmie and not touch the flagstick.

I figure that as long as I do that and continue to practice social distancing, I should be fine.

One of the metropark courses here was open and was free but after all the rain they got last week, its a little flooded, so that one may be out.

• Like 2

Whats in my Top-Flite Gamer 2019 cart bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Hybrid: Top-Flite Gamer 2020 22*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

Putter: Pinemeadow PGX SL

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Yeah we played the shootout at Indigo Creek yesterday. Usually this time of the year was full because of all the snowbirds being down. We have been having right at 90 players but we were down to 40 something. A lot of the Snowbirds went home especially the Canadians. With things being like they are the staff did a great job putting extra tables outside etc. We had sandwiches which is a departure from the norm but it was ok by me after all we were playing golf. We did have one of those traveling groups from NC that played a separate event. What was spooky to me was after the prizes and drawings were done everyone vanished and we were done way early. The place looked like ghost town. In fact I went to the car and got my minimalist walking set and played a few walking holes. I know the staff was kinda rattled because they only had 5 groups signed up for next week besides us regulars. Usually there are at least 30 teams signed up------ What is really weird to me is the fact there is no church today. Our board and Pastor made the decision this week. I have 2 contacts on the Deacon board and they let me know first hand Thursday since I am considered Support Staff because I run the sound board. Told the wifey last night this is probably the first time in the history of the USA that Churches were closed on Sunday. I know Rev Kev had said last week his services were cancelled. 

I haven’t noticed a big a great many Snowbirds leaving yet but yes a lot of our Canadian neighbors are headed north. There were some rumors that food, gas and rest stops were closed and scared some of the Birds.
Golf courses are still operational with all the suggested social distances keep in place. Definitely weird but we’ll all get thru it.
Still don’t understand the Hoarding, never will.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Haven’t been able to play as much golf during the outbreak here in SoCal, so I did the next best thing and adopted this little guy! Still getting out once a week to the course until they all close. 

68240DE4-DD8B-4F94-B089-D98D6DF3705E.thumb.jpeg.baa9c8f753984305eff4cc65b3955753.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Off Topic 1

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

Haven’t been able to play as much golf during the outbreak here in SoCal, so I did the next best thing and adopted this little guy! Still getting out once a week to the course until they all close. 

68240DE4-DD8B-4F94-B089-D98D6DF3705E.thumb.jpeg.baa9c8f753984305eff4cc65b3955753.jpeg

Now there’s a Keeper!

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

I haven’t noticed a big a great many Snowbirds leaving yet but yes a lot of our Canadian neighbors are headed north. There were some rumors that food, gas and rest stops were closed and scared some of the Birds.
Golf courses are still operational with all the suggested social distances keep in place. Definitely weird but we’ll all get thru it.

I'll bet gas along 95 from FL to the frozen north got hiked even though local gas here has plummeted.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

Here most of the Birds or Flakes that own condos or houses are sticking but a lot of them have departed---- The hoarding is simply not being prepared and panic. Due to hurricanes etc we keep stocked up pretty well on canned stuff and bottled water year round and we do rotate out on the canned stuff. I can cook in case of power loss because I have a wood stove and several other cookers and I do know how to fire up an old fashioned charcoal grill with hickory wood. Actually have an old school charcoal grill still in the box for that purpose> I have so many tools I have an extra screwdriver and pair of pliers in the box to put it together with in case I need it. And as SOP at our house my wife keeps enough TP to stock a small village--- Of course like I alluded early I do have several phone books and a bunch of old Golfworks catalogs. Sometimes it can be handy to hoard

• Like 4

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

Got out to the course today; pretty much the same as everyone else is reporting.   Restaurant and snack bars shut down,  no rakes,  and cups installed upside down.  2 per cart was allowed. 

Only cars in the parking lot when I got there,   maybe 10 when I left.  

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Here most of the Birds or Flakes that own condos or houses are sticking but a lot of them have departed---- The hoarding is simply not being prepared and panic. Due to hurricanes etc we keep stocked up pretty well on canned stuff and bottled water year round and we do rotate out on the canned stuff. I can cook in case of power loss because I have a wood stove and several other cookers and I do know how to fire up an old fashioned charcoal grill with hickory wood. Actually have an old school charcoal grill still in the box for that purpose> I have so many tools I have an extra screwdriver and pair of pliers in the box to put it together with in case I need it. And as SOP at our house my wife keeps enough TP to stock a small village--- Of course like I alluded early I do have several phone books and a bunch of old Golfworks catalogs. Sometimes it can be handy to hoard

We don’t hoard but if SWMBO sees a sale on items we use she will definitely buy more. Because of that we are OK on TP for a few months but we do not have a stock of food products.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Guess we won't be for a while, our governor here in Ohio just announced a 'stay at home' mandate til April 6th. Don't think golf staff will qualify as essential.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Sad 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

NYS just shut down all State Park golf courses, so my local track is closed. Some private places are still open though

• Sad 2

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Got out to the course today; pretty much the same as everyone else is reporting.   Restaurant and snack bars shut down,  no rakes,  and cups installed upside down.  2 per cart was allowed. 

Only cars in the parking lot when I got there,   maybe 10 when I left.  

Where'd you play?

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino