Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

Our Sponsors

Haven’t been able to play as much golf during the outbreak here in SoCal, so I did the next best thing and adopted this little guy! Still getting out once a week to the course until they all close. 

68240DE4-DD8B-4F94-B089-D98D6DF3705E.thumb.jpeg.baa9c8f753984305eff4cc65b3955753.jpeg

What a cute pup!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allie and I played 9 this evening on a local upscale par 3 (attached to an upscale daily fee).  She hit a nice one on this hole, well inside of me, and made the putt for birdie.  She was ornery all da

I agree with you, that I enjoy walking more than riding.  But it's a combination of things here, see my post above about our course.  Then couple that with I'm 60 and have had both knees replaced and

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Where'd you play?

Golden Horseshoe Green Course.  

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

Yes, luckily my course will stay open, although with the cups sticking up.

The bar and restaurant are sorta closed. You can call in your food or drink order, and they will bring it out to you. Normally there are water coolers on the course, but know there are cases of bottled water. But the gym is locked up, as well as the locker rooms. All tournaments and social events and yoga classes etc are canceled.

• Like 5

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

I should have said that as poorly as I have been hitting my driver these last few weeks, I have taken this “social distancing” to a whole new level.

• Haha 2

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated

most course are closed in my area, so no playing. Philadelphia, Pa. enforcing people to stay in home. Unless your job is hospital, foodstore, gas essential workers only outside of home, so NO GOLF!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Our governor (Oregon) just issued a "stay at home" order and closed a lot of places.  Golf courses were not included in the list of areas to shut down.  Social distancing must be observed, of course.

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I was playing tomorrow with a tee time- but after seeing the idiots out today I've decided to stay indoors- this is more serious than these morons realise. Parties and mass gatherings the last 2 days means there will be thousands and thousands of covid-19 cases smothering our health service in the next 3-4 weeks! I am so annoyed at them, selfish selfish mofos that will cost other peoples lives!!

I expect our PM will enforce a lockdown tonight, he needs to as these people will be our downfall.

• Like 4

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Our governor (Oregon) just issued a "stay at home" order and closed a lot of places.  Golf courses were not included in the list of areas to shut down.  Social distancing must be observed, of course.

Our Tuesday group has texts going back and forth now deciding if we’re going to play now that one of the Guys is self quarantine.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just now, Rickp said:

Our Tuesday group has texts going back and forth now deciding if we’re going to play now that one of the Guys is self quarantine.

Yes, but that's a personal issue and certainly one that we should all be thinking about.  I was referring to a government order.  In Oregon, violation of her "stay at home" order is a class C misdemeanor (which carries up to 30 days in jail or $1250 fine).  

• Like 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Yes, but that's a personal issue and certainly one that we should all be thinking about.  I was referring to a government order.  In Oregon, violation of her "stay at home" order is a class C misdemeanor (which carries up to 30 days in jail or $1250 fine).  

Whoa that’s serious.
Our courses are open with the restrictions we all know well by now including everyone using their own cart.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I just got back from my course.  I didn’t play, but I used the range and the short game practice area.

The club is doing all the things recommend, single riders, raised cups, sanitizing carts, et. al.  The members are also taking it very seriously.  I spent a couple of hours there and didn’t get near another person.  

• Like 3

Update on Bethpage for anyone in the NYC area..

I personally will not be heading their to play until this dies down but thought I would pass it along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0928.jpg
  • Like 5

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

We are in total lock down, but they do say you can have one piece of exercise a day on your own or with your self isolation group. Hmm 3 ball with my 2 sons?

• Like 3

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Virginia issued the shutdown today, but golf courses are still allowed to be open.  Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend (at least that is today's forecast) so golf is definitely in the plans. 

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Scottish Golf have advise all course to close.

Maybe a silver lining for us Scots is that post virus I expect there will be a lot of spare tee times at the prestige clubs at knock down prices!

• Like 3

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

We received the following in an email from our league course today, in light of the stay-in-place order. Course closed through 4/6.

Once we do open, we will take extra precautions for customers and employees to be in a safe environment.  This may include some of the following:  

- Reduced/Adjustedbusiness hours

- Pre-pay by calling in with a credit card or pay credit card through our window (limit cash sales). 

- Walking only or if you can't walk, single riders only unless you live in the same household.

- Tee times spaced out longer so groups don't congregate on the first or tenth tee.

- Reduce food service to take out drinks and snacks.

- Clubhouse limited to bathroom use only.

- Sanitize all surfaces with greater frequency.

- Pin rules:  Must keep flag sticks in or no flag sticks at all

- Cups turned upside down so the ball doesn't get completely holed.

• Like 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Still going strong here in North Florida/South Georgia.  Kinderlou, my home course in Valdosta has closed the pro shop and restaurant, and you call for tee times.  Only one person per cart now, so it's kinda weird seeing 4 and 5 carts per group on a hole.  Dogfight on Saturdays went from shotgun to tee times in order to avoid having a large group congregate on the range.

My Tuesday group I was forced to adjust, as we can't have a sit down dinner in the club after the golf.  So we are collecting $20 cash at check in by the carts, and then shotgunning at 5:30 pm.  It's a voluntary group anyway, so we'll see how many guys show up.  Some of the older guys have self quarantined and one of the guys on our committee, who has cancer, has opted to stay home instead of play.  We just don't eat after golf now, and have our devotional before we shotgun for golf, out by the carts.

I'm actually playing more with the corona virus thing, because they closed churches, so I am not there on Sunday mornings now, so I played 36 holes on Sunday instead.  I was looking at my schedule, and I could frankly play 36 holes on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during this thing.  I may wear myself out with golf, but what else can you do?

I walked 9 holes with a buddy yesterday afternoon, and everything was normal there.  The course is greening up nicely too with the warmer weather, so just as golf courses are getting into really good shape we have all this going on.

I'm just going to ride this thing out for as long as they let us play.  It's literally something new every day now, so I just take it one day at a time.  But so far we are still playing golf, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

• Like 4
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

We received the following in an email from our league course today, in light of the stay-in-place order. Course closed through 4/6.

Once we do open, we will take extra precautions for customers and employees to be in a safe environment.  This may include some of the following:  

- Reduced/Adjustedbusiness hours

- Pre-pay by calling in with a credit card or pay credit card through our window (limit cash sales). 

- Walking only or if you can't walk, single riders only unless you live in the same household.

- Tee times spaced out longer so groups don't congregate on the first or tenth tee.

- Reduce food service to take out drinks and snacks.

- Clubhouse limited to bathroom use only.

- Sanitize all surfaces with greater frequency.

- Pin rules:  Must keep flag sticks in or no flag sticks at all

- Cups turned upside down so the ball doesn't get completely holed.

Wonder if the private/semi private clubs in your area are doing the same. One of my friends in the Columbus area just got this from his Club. 

Dear York Golf Club Member,

As you are certainly aware the Ohio Department of Health issued a "Stay at Home" order yesterday afternoon, Sunday March 22nd. In this order, country and social clubs were specifically directed to close. As a result, York Golf Club will cease all daily clubhouse operations effective today, Monday March 23rd at 5:00PM. If you have any personal items at the club that you wish to retrieve please call 614.425.5751 to make arrangements for pick up. 

The Executive Order, in effect until April 6th at 11:59PM, does, under section 13.a, permit us to continue to maintain the course:

13. Minimum Basic Operations. For the purposes of this Order, Minimum Basic Operations include the following, provided that employees comply with Social Distancing Requirements, to the extent possible, while carrying out such operations:

a. The minimum necessary activities to maintain the value of the business's inventory, preserve the condition of the business's physical plant and equipment, ensure security, process payroll and employee benefits, or for related functions.

Also included in the Executive order is a provision allowing individuals to leave their homes for certain Essential Activities, including engaging in outdoor activities like golf. Section 5.c. reads:

5. Leaving the home for Essential Activities is permitted. For purposes of this Order, individuals may leave their residence only to perform any of the following Essential Activities:

c. For outdoor activity. To engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements, as defined below, such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking, running, or biking. Individuals may go to public parks and open outdoor recreation areas. However, public access playgrounds may increase spread of COVID19, and therefore shall be closed.

Should you decide to use York Golf Club to engage in an outdoor exercise such as playing golf, we ask that you strictly adhere to the Social Distancing requirement put forth in the order in Section 15:

15. Social Distancing Requirements. For purposes of this Order, Social Distancing Requirements includes maintaining at least six-foot social distancing from other individuals, washing hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible or using hand sanitizer, covering coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands), regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces, and not shaking hands.

a. Required measures. Essential Businesses and Operations and businesses engaged in Minimum Basic Operations must take proactive measures to ensure compliance with Social Distancing Requirements, including where possible:

i. Designate six-foot distances. Designating with signage, tape, or by other means six-foot spacing for employees and customers in line to maintain appropriate distance;

ii. Hand sanitizer and sanitizing products. Having hand sanitizer and sanitizing products readily available for employees and customers;

iii. Separate operating hours for vulnerable populations. Implementing separate operating hours for elderly and vulnerable customers; and

iv. Online and remote access. Posting online whether a facility is open and how best to reach the facility and continue services by phone or remotely.

York Golf Club encourages you to take every step necessary to stay healthy and slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We are eagerly waiting for the day that the clubhouse opens for business as usual and enjoy our club in the manner in which we are accustomed. With everyone’s help that day will come sooner rather than later. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me at 614.425.5751.

Stay healthy & safe,

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

On 3/20/2020 at 6:41 AM, Rickp said:

I had heard that snow as a blanket B4 when I was living in Northeast. It protects deep freezes and some cases from ice. These Greenskeepers know a lot about their courses.

I'ts amazing how much a good super knows, it's a lot more than just cutting grass folks.  Yet. there are an endless number of experts at our course that think they know better and I often here them in the grill  telling other members of their group, "he should be doing XYZ.  If he did ABC, it would make the conditions better.  I don't know why he does....DE,F, it makes no sense to me"     Yeah, bunch of experts they are....ha

On 3/22/2020 at 8:56 AM, Kenny B said:

Played yesterday with my wife and BIL from Seattle.  I was sorta like golf.  First day under new "rules".  Apparently even though my wife and I sleep together, we can't ride in a cart together.  EVERYONE must have their own cart.  Of course they ran out of carts, so I gave mine up and walked; the GM was very appreciative.  He said it made him sick to see all those carts out on all the holes.

Getting a cart was difficult.  All doors into the clubhouse were locked except for the side door directly into the pro shop.  It was "guarded"; only one person in at a time to checkin and get cart key.  There was a line.  The good news is that the carts are almost as clean as the day they were delivered new.  

You would think that if everyone had their own cart that the pace of play would be quicker... NO!  I hope that breaking this rule doesn't get us shut down.  Apparently, the rule is that people can put 2 bags on a cart, but only one rider (probably to maximize people and save number of carts); the other has to walk.  I saw that being violated by the 2nd tee.  We were on #13 when a cart was headed back towards us and the clubhouse; a few minutes later the guy driving it came back past us with a girl riding next to him.  

It was a beautiful, sunny day and with nothing else to do, all the crazies came out.

That's one of the reasons we went to walking only while we were still open, mainly to avoid common touch points, but in addition to avoid having 3 or 4 carts out on every hole.  

• Like 4

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

The snow we got yesterday melted, so I’ve got a tee time for this afternoon. I’m curious to see what the course is doing differently, since it seems as though the virus has reached here a little later than other areas. 

• Like 3

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock