Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

Golf during a pandemic  

350 members have voted

1. 1. Are you playing golf during the coronavirus outbreak?

• Yes
    • No

Our Sponsors

11 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's one of the reasons we went to walking only while we were still open, mainly to avoid common touch points, but in addition to avoid having 3 or 4 carts out on every hole.  

Most of the people using carts don't need them to play, and the muni is trying to maximize revenue so they rent them.  We have several people that trailer in their personal carts every day.  No one can ride with them either.

It's a moot point because the governor issued the Stay Home order.  We are playing today... I think, but that's it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allie and I played 9 this evening on a local upscale par 3 (attached to an upscale daily fee).  She hit a nice one on this hole, well inside of me, and made the putt for birdie.  She was ornery all da

I agree with you, that I enjoy walking more than riding.  But it's a combination of things here, see my post above about our course.  Then couple that with I'm 60 and have had both knees replaced and

Posted Images

18 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I was playing tomorrow with a tee time- but after seeing the idiots out today I've decided to stay indoors- this is more serious than these morons realise. Parties and mass gatherings the last 2 days means there will be thousands and thousands of covid-19 cases smothering our health service in the next 3-4 weeks! I am so annoyed at them, selfish selfish mofos that will cost other peoples lives!!

I expect our PM will enforce a lockdown tonight, he needs to as these people will be our downfall.

You know our Gov and the Gov of Florida made the nearly same statement you did about some of the young folks being selfish. Seems here and Florida because to begin with it was spring break and the college kids have been congregating in droves on the beaches. Now personally I have not seen it because coming back in with the big truck Friday the road in was darn near abandoned. Since Friday the furthermost I have been from the house is my golf course which basically road wise is a mile away. My wife has only been to Wal Mart which is less than 1/2 mile away. I do know some of the resorts like Hilton have closed  

• Like 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

Well golf is on hold for the foreseeable future in my area all counties around Houston are shelter in place as of tonight at midnight. Only essential businesses are allowed to open. My most frequented courses have already sent me e-mails of closure. 

Image result for What the hell am I going to do? meme

• Sad 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Wisconsin just shut down all courses until at least April 25th. I’ve never been more happy about my recent purchase of a Skytrak system.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

Just got this from one of the local public courses here in northwest Ohio. 

Thunderbird Hills North is Remaining Open

*Tee Times Required*

During this time of social distancing and quarantine, sometimes a little fresh air does a body (and mind) good.  The Governor’s office has clarified that golf courses are permitted to remain open during the Stay at Home order due to the exception being made for outdoor recreation areas.

After a lot of thought and preparation, Thunderbird Hills has decided to remain open while following all social distancing, operational, and sanitation guidelines as put forth by the CDC and the State of Ohio.

We have put many measures in place to protect our customers and employees, and we look forward to providing a safe outdoor environment where people can get out of the house and get some exercise.

Some of the changes you will notice at the course are:

Only 1 rider allowed per golf cart

• Carts will be disinfected before each rental
  • We are leaving the cups in the green raised above ground level so the ball bounces off instead of dropping in
  • Only 2 golfers at a time allowed in the pro-shop
  • We increased the tee time interval to 14 minutes from 7 minutes
  • Tee times are required
  • Golf pencils will not be re-used
  • Extensive use of disinfectant and latex gloves 

Click Here to read a full summary of what we are doing, as well as what we are asking from our customers during this time of social distancing

Book your tee time online at ThunderbirdHills.com

At this time we prefer credit or debit card payments over cash. 

Only Thunderbird Hills North Course is open at this time.

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

On 3/22/2020 at 5:53 PM, tony@CIC said:

Guess we won't be for a while, our governor here in Ohio just announced a 'stay at home' mandate til April 6th. Don't think golf staff will qualify as essential.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I played 9 holes at Delaware Golf Club today.  I only found 3 courses in my area that were open but some are open.  It looks like in Columbus, only Delaware and Foxfire are open.

It wasnt bad, really.  They had these little styrofoam disc in the holes so that you didnt have to reach in the cup to get your ball or touch the flag.  I pretty much just gave myself a gimmie with anything that was within 10' of the hole.

Edited by Retrogolfer36
  • Like 1

Whats in my Top-Flite Gamer 2019 cart bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Hybrid: Top-Flite Gamer 2020 22*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

Putter: Pinemeadow PGX SL

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I played 9 holes at Delaware Golf Club today.  I only found 3 courses in my area that were open but some are open.  It looks like in Columbus, only Delaware and Foxfire are open.
It wasnt bad, really.  They had these little styrofoam disc in the holes so that you didnt have to reach in the cup to get your ball or touch the flag.  I pretty much just gave myself a gimmie with anything that was within 10' of the hole.

Edit: my quoted post - looks like some of our courses will be open - see my previous post about Thunderbird Hills.

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Edit: my quoted post - looks like some of our courses will be open - see my previous post about Thunderbird Hills.

Yeah, it falls under the gray area of, "recreational areas".  DeWine didnt come out and say that golf courses were shut down and said that we were still allowed to get outside for outdoor recreation/exercise.

Honestly, as long as you practice social distancing and courses take the steps that they have; a golf course is really one of the safest places you can be.

When I was at Delaware, they had a hand sanitizer dispenser at the front door, had one of the doors propped open and the person in the clubhouse wore rubber gloves, in addition to them cover the holes with styrofoam so that your ball couldnt go in the hole.

Edited by Retrogolfer36
  • Like 2

Whats in my Top-Flite Gamer 2019 cart bag?:

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* and Top-Flite Gamer 2020 18*

Hybrid: Top-Flite Gamer 2020 22*

Irons: Pinemeadow ZR 3.0 5-PW

Wedges: Wilson Harmonized Black Chrome 52*, Tommy Armour VCG 56*, Wilson Harmonized 60* and Wilson Harmonized chipper

Putter: Pinemeadow PGX SL

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

Yeah, it falls under the gray area of, "recreational areas".  DeWine didnt come out and say that golf courses were shut down and said that we were still allowed to get outside for outdoor recreation/exercise.
Honestly, as long as you practice social distancing and courses take the steps that they have; a golf course is really one of the safest places you can be.
When I was at Delaware, they had a hand sanitizer dispenser at the front door, had one of the doors propped open and the person in the clubhouse wore rubber gloves, in addition to them cover the holes with styrofoam so that your ball couldnt go in the hole.

York in the Columbus area is also open.

Left Hand orientation

I was until yesterday, they have closed beautiful Lake Jonesco for 2 weeks.  😭

• Sad 3

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here  

I just posted it in the corona thread but I got this email from Windmill yesterday:

As of Wednesday, March 25th the golf course is back open!

An update from Windmill Lakes Golf Club about COVID – 19.

To Our Valued Customers and Employees:
First and foremost, Windmill Lakes Golf Club is committed to the safety and well-being of our customers and employees. With some clarity of guidelines set forth by the Ohio Department of Health, our golf course will be open, weather dependent. We will be observing the following guidelines and social distancing requirements:

Social Distancing Requirements:
– Maintaining a distance of at least six feet between individuals
– Hand sanitizer products available for customers and employees
– Seniors may play at any time, but tee times are held exclusively for Seniors 60+ from 10:00am – 11:00am Monday though Friday

Check-In:
– Tee times are required
– Call ahead payments are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
– Snack bar will be closed at this time
– Downstairs bathrooms will be open
– Golf Shop will be open on a limited basis for take out purchases and credit card payments

We Ask Our Players:
– Please do not come to the course if you are sick or showing signs of being sick
– Practice social distancing
– Social distancing on golf carts is recommended (1 cart per player) unless you live in the same household
– Do not remove flag sticks from cup
– Please show up to the course no more than 10 minutes prior to your tee time
– Use hand sanitzing locations

What Windmill Lakes is Doing:
– All employees will have temperature taken upon arrival
– We have enhanced our store cleaning procedures to include the use of disinfectant on all golf carts and push carts, check out areas and CC terminal, bathrooms, door handles and rails

We are happy to allow customers to enjoy being outside, but we would not be allowing this this if we were not absolutely certain we can provide a safe environment for everyone. It is the responsibility of our customers, employees, friends and family, to do our best to stop the spread of COVID – 19.

• Like 7

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

My short game should be solid once the season resumes here. All I can do is putt and chip around the house. I hit bunker shots out of a sandbox yesterday...not sure my next door neighbors were too happy I used their sandbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

14 hours ago, DawgDaddy said:

I was until yesterday, they have closed beautiful Lake Jonesco for 2 weeks.  😭

Wow never thought they would close Jonesco down!  I haven't played golf for four weeks as of today.  Lane Creek is still open however I am still in quarantine until Sunday. I was exposed to the virus at the county dump when taking a load of junk during spring clean up. One of the workers there came into direct contact with someone infected so everyone who came by the weigh in scales during that time were instructed to quarantine for 14 days.   

When I start back playing I'll probably pull out my push cart and walk the course. I did this all last summer at Jennings Mill. 

• Like 6

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

Wow never thought they would close Jonesco down!  I haven't played golf for four weeks as of today.  Lane Creek is still open however I am still in quarantine until Sunday. I was exposed to the virus at the county dump when taking a load of junk during spring clean up. One of the workers there came into direct contact with someone infected so everyone who came by the weigh in scales during that time were instructed to quarantine for 14 days.   

When I start back playing I'll probably pull out my push cart and walk the course. I did this all last summer at Jennings Mill. 

So far so good for you Grasshopper! Hope you’ll be good to go.
I shut myself down after a similar secondary contact. Only 3 days in and going nuts already.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

My bud from Charlotte called me this AM while I was waiting to dump a load of processed steel. He said basically they go restricted at 08:00 in the morning. Now grocery stores and essential businesses are open and outside recreation. Since he is a member of a CC and lives on the 16th hole he can walk out his back door and play. Being a member it does not cost him to walk anyhow. He has his own little loop he walks . He does usually call the pro Shop and let them know but they told him do not worry about calling just play

• Like 5

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

4 hours ago, ole gray said:

I did not know about your quarantine, dang bro, sounds like you are going to be good to go though from what I know about this stuff.    Let me know if you want me to come up and go out with you.  Of course I'll be riding, no way I can walk even 9 holes, much less 18.    

• Like 1

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here  

Just found out that 2 of our courses that we support for work are remaining open and put some procedures in place to minimize contact. 1 person per cart if you're riding, and they reduced the amount of tee times by 50%. Instead of the usual 7-minutes between, they increased it to 12 minutes. Not sure if they're doing raised cups like I've seen on the forums and social media.

Debating playing this week or being socially responsible and keeping my butt home. I personally believe golf is easy to maintain social distance and it's fine to participate in. However, I'm also a selfish person so I might be making excuses for myself to protect me from having to stay off of the course for a month. The internal struggle is real!

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

18 hours ago, Rickp said:

So far so good for you Grasshopper! Hope you’ll be good to go.
I shut myself down after a similar secondary contact. Only 3 days in and going nuts already.

Three days to go for me however I will still be very hesitant to go out anywhere.  This sets and all time high for me staying home. I can say our yard will be beautiful this year as the wife and I have been working extremely hard at home.  Actually  any weeds left are harboring in place fearing they will be next!  😳

• Like 4

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

14 hours ago, DawgDaddy said:

I did not know about your quarantine, dang bro, sounds like you are going to be good to go though from what I know about this stuff.    Let me know if you want me to come up and go out with you.  Of course I'll be riding, no way I can walk even 9 holes, much less 18.    

Will do buddy!  Last time I played Lane Creek the grass was brown so it will be a treat to see the green stuff again. 

• Like 3

Callaway  XR16 4- Wood

Called Windmill this morning and have a tee time for 11:12 today, walking with another member...not too close though. Going out as a single on Sunday at 11:04.

• Like 5

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!