Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What is everyone doing during our self imposed quarantine?

Looks like I'm finally going to get the bookshelves in the basement built...I've been going to build these for the last 2 years.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Our club is completely closed.

My wife only lets me outdoors to walk the dog, and then only after a stern warning about "social distancing," whatever the hell that is.

Our supermarket opens from 5AM to 7AM three days a week for seniors only to minimize our exposure. 

My wife insists on going because she's a little younger and  considers herself less of a risk.

Thank God we're retired and don't have to bring the unpleasantness of work into our home. I'm not sure that I could have tolerated that, although I suppose I'd have had to.

Except for not being able to go to the club, I'm not at all bored.

I've got books, cable, the internet,  my dog, and a well-stocked bar  to keep me going.

I've never been treated as being this valuable before!

I was able to get out today and get my first lawn mowing of the year in. I was starting to stress that by the time the rain we've been getting stops, I'd be living in a jungle.

Now I've just got to get out and mow at the mother-in-law's.

It was a beautiful 55 degree day to do it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Working still, and they closed the indoor sim, so now putting lots at home and practicing my swing. Still getting weekly lessons

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

9 hours ago, cnosil said:

My daughter was 2 weeks out from induction into her sorority.

My oldest is pledging remotely right now.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

My wife and I have been working at home since 3/16. IL cases have escalated to the point of issuing a stay home/local plan.

Being in the higher risk group, that’s fine. I don’t miss the hour+ train commute to Chicago for work.

After work, I head to the den to work on my WellPutt mat. I also use my swing gizmo from GC to focus on backswing length and waist turn. It’s been a touch crummy to set up the net outside. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Been watching GC and on demand shows. We’ve caught up on some other shows.

Stay safe and make the best of it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

I work at home 99.999% of the time along with most of the people I work with, so its business as usual for us.

I feel for those of you who have young kids at home, that can be a tough thing to deal with. Hang in there, it’s tough on the young ones as well.

Shankster - Old Man and the Sea is a good story if you slow down and really hear what being said.

For the pastors in the group, how are you dealing with this social distancing thing?

Did you have a streaming setup in place beforehand? Rushing to get something in place? Face to face meetings still happening?

Our church is huge, 7 different congregations! They have this video thing down pat. Now there’s just a single service and it looks like each of the pastors from each of the congregations will teach on a given week.

For the pastors in the group, how are you dealing with this social distancing thing?

Did you have a streaming setup in place beforehand? Rushing to get something in place? Face to face meetings still happening?

Our church is huge, 7 different congregations! They have this video thing down pat. Now there’s just a single service and it looks like each of the pastors from each of the congregations will teach on a given week.

Not a Pastor yet... but our platform for the online church went down during the second service this morning.

I have to say, I have been looking everyday for courses to play but cant find a club still open. I have been doing hours of putting around my house. Set up different holes on different rugs, carpet, etc, anything I can find to alter the speed.I dont have space enough for a full swing to be made so hopefully this quarantine time will improve my putting! A few more 1-putts would do the scorecard well! 

-Cheers

Driver: TaylorMade JetSpeed 10.5 S

3 Wood: Taylormade M2 Fujikura S

5 Wood:TaylorMade r7 Fujikura S  

Irons: Taylormade P760s 4-PW +1/2" DG 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60

Putter:TaylorMade Ghost Tour Black 

Balls: Bridgestone

Handicap: 13. Average Score: 85

Progress on anything today ground to a halt thanks to ESPN 8....I can’t turn off the Ocho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

I just cleaned up the garage and setup half the garage to be a workout area. I was going in that direction previously, but there was too much crap in the area to be able to workout. Finally got to it today.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

In the military so I'm still working. There is a golf course on base right next to where i work. I get lost going home some days and end up on the course in golf gear with my clubs out of the car. Not sure how this keeps happening accidentally.

:taylormade-small: M5 12* - ACCRA TZ6 55 M4 - 1.5* open, weight back & toe

:titelist-small: TS3 16.5* - ACCRA FX 2.0 370 M4 - B1 setting, neutral weight

:titelist-small: 818 H1 21* - TENSEI White 90 S - C1 setting, neutral weight

:mizuno-small: MP-20 MMC 4-PW - PX LZ 5.0 110g - 2* flat & 2* weak

:mizuno-small: T20 50.07*, 54.12*, 60.06* - PX LZ 5.5 115g - 2* flat

:scotty-small:  Newport 2 - 33"

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

West Monroe, LA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey PM, I lived in Winnfield for 6 years.....you are just up the road.

Lived there from 1980-87

Wilson Staff Triton (10.5*) w/Aldila Rogue Regular; PowerBilt Air Force One 3W 15* & 5W 19* Apollo Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Tour Effect Univ. Of Kentucky cooler bag.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

5 hours ago, Shankster said:

Not a Pastor yet... but our platform for the online church went down during the second service this morning.

Our board of deacons met Tuesday night and decided to cancel Church. I was told immediately afterwards because since I run the sound board I am considered Support Staff. They did do the Facebook live at 10:00 AM this morning from the Parsonage. The Facebook platform can be a PITA glad I am not connected to that end of Audio Visual

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I just cleaned up the garage

I hurt my back cleaning the garage yesterday, so that will teach me to try to do something constructive.  But we needed to find all the lost wiffle balls so Allie could get in a little practice.

3 hours ago, lamb said:

In the military so I'm still working. There is a golf course on base right next to where i work. I get lost going home some days and end up on the course in golf gear with my clubs out of the car. Not sure how this keeps happening accidentally.

Love it.  Can you share your location in VA?

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

22 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Love it.  Can you share your location in VA?

Springfield

Awesome.  I'm down in Richmond.  If we're ever allowed to congregate again, we'll be trying to get some DMV meetups going.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

3 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Awesome.  I'm down in Richmond.  If we're ever allowed to congregate again, we'll be trying to get some DMV meetups going.

Was thinking that today as well;  really enjoyed my last MGS outing and want to do another one. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 3/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, ballplayer002003 said:

I have to say, we are in an interesting time.  In Delaware we have 8 confirmed cases with more to come.  The weather has been okay so on the nicer days, I will go play by myself or with my neighbor (don't worry, we stay away from each other).  When I am home I am doing a lot of putting in the kitchen and working on stretching so I can make a bigger turn.  I am watching a lot of golf videos on YouTube, plus I've finished a lot of series on Netflix and Prime.  Just wondering what you all are doing?  Stay safe everyone!

Much of the same. Putting in the basement getting a lot of putts in and I actually bought a yoga book ( never thought I would fall to that level) and a 9 minute stretching book for work in between (essential personnel) hopefully I can get some good stretching in I am not 19 anymore......

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 3/19/2020 at 1:36 PM, tony@CIC said:

Catching up on home projects, waxing the cars, putting practice in the basement and chipping practice in the backyard. This self- isolation is worse than cabin fever during a snow storm. Also rereading Stockton's book "Unconscious Putting" ..

It’s brutal when you can almost taste the golf season....January cold and snowy is easier than this image.gif.2fe3355d5f1b21a793af9bb7976f2068.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 3/20/2020 at 11:43 AM, sixcat said:

Just a few observations from my families adventures of the past 10 days.

• My kids have figured out they can do school work on Google Classroom in a fraction of the time they spend in a classroom.
  • My kids have learned that going to school everyday means spending time with friends. Being quarantined means not seeing friends at all.
  • Clients have figured out conference calls are the way to justify their existence.
  • Clients have miraculously learned how to reply all........incessantly!
  • Clients have decided they need every ounce of potential workload in case they are sent home.  Thus reducing timetables on deliverables from me.
  • I have lost what little faith/respect/trust in media I ever had.
  • My wife and I have figured out we made terrible career choices!

If my emergency nines weren't a priority before this mess, they have become a lifesaver.  If not, I may be in a padded white room right now!

I have a new observation to add to the list after the weekend.  Does anyone know this "Marshall Law" fellow everyone is clamoring to take over leadership of this crisis?  He sounds like the sheriff of some spaghetti western when I was a kid.

Seriously, if you're on social media clamoring for Martial Law and don't understand the difference between "Marshall" and "Martial", delete your accounts, go back to your moms basement and leave the hard stuff to the grown-ups!

I got almost all the guitar tracks for my band's new EP tracked, so that's nice.

I tweaked the heck out of my back on Friday moving our daughter out of her dorm room quickly, I tried a few Orange Whip swings last night and that was a big NOPE so I won't be swinging a club anytime soon inside to start getting ready for when we're finally able to get back out on the course.

The company I work for supports a lot of essential services companies, the govt, military etc so I'm still doing work remotely. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

So the gov decided to shut the state down starting tomorrow until MAY 15th. The good news is that golf courses are exempt since they are considered outdoor activities that promote social distancing!!!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Im getting ready to work on my clubs. Need to cut down my putter a few inches, redo paint fill in my irons maybe regrip the whole bag.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

39 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

So the gov decided to shut the state down starting tomorrow until MAY 15th. The good news is that golf courses are exempt since they are considered outdoor activities that promote social distancing!!!

good news on the golf courses. courses are shutting down let and right in VA. still a few open tho.

I see a lot of you are talking about courses being closed down, and I am all for staying away from people!  That being said, if they close down the courses, heading into the golf season, wont that destroy your course?  I mean, if the grounds guys can't get in and mow and put down the necessary fertilizers/chemicals won't the courses become weed infested and overgrown?  This could wipe out the season for a lot of places.  I know this is really the least of our worries but just food for thought.  What do you guys think?

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"