Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What is everyone doing during our self imposed quarantine?

24 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I see a lot of you are talking about courses being closed down, and I am all for staying away from people!  That being said, if they close down the courses, heading into the golf season, wont that destroy your course?  I mean, if the grounds guys can't get in and mow and put down the necessary fertilizers/chemicals won't the courses become weed infested and overgrown?  This could wipe out the season for a lot of places.  I know this is really the least of our worries but just food for thought.  What do you guys think?

I know some of the courses around me are only closing to customers. A few of the staff are still working.

:taylormade-small: M5 12* - ACCRA TZ6 55 M4 - 1.5* open, weight back & toe

:titelist-small: TS3 16.5* - ACCRA FX 2.0 370 M4 - B1 setting, neutral weight

:titelist-small: 818 H1 21* - TENSEI White 90 S - C1 setting, neutral weight

:mizuno-small: MP-20 MMC 4-PW - PX LZ 5.0 110g - 2* flat & 2* weak

:mizuno-small: T20 50.07*, 54.12*, 60.06* - PX LZ 5.5 115g - 2* flat

:scotty-small:  Newport 2 - 33"

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

1 hour ago, lamb said:

I know some of the courses around me are only closing to customers. A few of the staff are still working.

That's good news!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

There is another announcement coming tonight from the governor in WA state. Have a feeling that things will get shutdown and we will have shelter in-place. Makes sense because there were people who weren't using common sense. If this happens, sucks that courses will close but I'm ok with that. Backup activity for me will be working out in my rudimentary garage gym.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Update in day 1 of distance learning from my wife.

Pray for my sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0930.jpg

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Not sure what other states are doing but from what I have been able to decipher in CA the counties are setting the standard for golf courses. We have some open and some closed and it varies. We even had some close then open and then close again. Nobody really knows what is going on. There are of course the few that are refusing to change anything and just conducting business as usual. These generally consists of privately owned public facilities that are barely hanging on in good times. It is a lot more work to find a tee time that is for sure. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I am very fortunate for the life situation that I have. I would like to continue to support small businesses during these times. Planning to order food delivery from local restaurants. What are other ideas on how to support small businesses?

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

18 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I am very fortunate for the life situation that I have. I would like to continue to support small businesses during these times. Planning to order food delivery from local restaurants. What are other ideas on how to support small businesses?

Buy gift cards for yourself or other people to use if you have the budget for it. Even if they don't use it right away, hopefully it will never expire and they can use it eventually. Helps keep businesses afloat, helps keep food in your friends/families' bellies.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

The Mrs. is going Bat-crap crazy, So nothing new there.. I'm still working 10+ hours a day as we are considered ESSENTIAL.. So yeah things are going peachy.. Got in 1 round last weekend, the social distancing thing is not a problem for my golf game.. I was all over the course.. Stay well everyone.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Here it´s mostly business as usual, some big companies has ordered people to work from home but since we are about 10ppl, all with their own office and really big and spacious we keep on going to work unless we feel sick or get symptoms for a cold. I do like that there is much less traffic. Other then that just try to avoid crowds, not going to the mall etc. Will get a round of golf in on Friday with a colleague and probably go to the range tomorrow after work to shoot a bucket and work on that short game so I can show him whats up! 😉 

Since courses are closed, I decided now was a good time to ship off my SIM Max driver head to get hot melt added. Got the driver cut down to play at 45" and need some weight to get the swingweight back up to around stock.

Updated 07/15/2022

I'm still playing golf as our club is open for play if you walk and carry your bag. Our city just went on lock down, but golf is still OK. They are going to close the range and putting green which I don't really understand but that starts tomorrow. I'm kind of a loner so I really don't miss a lot of social contact. I do however, miss seeing my kids and grandkids. I've  been watching a lot of TV. Netflix, Prime and the premium channels have been great. I've also enjoyed reading books, magazines and stories of interest on the Internet. I really hate that all sports have been canceled. Spring is my favorite time of year and unfortunately we've lost this one. Here's hoping things improve soon, but I'm afraid this will continue for months. I hope you all stay safe and healthy. This too will pass.

Drive for Show; Putt for Dough

Rolling putts down a yard stick on my putt-out mat, tweaking distance away from ball at address to get eyes over or inside line, experimenting with open stance, working on putting routine - areas of focus. As well as comparing a couple putters. 

Hitting chips with wedges on 3 different trajectories to simulate greenside shots into a mattress stood up against the wall because I don't have a hitting net. 🙂 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

I started chipping into my shoe bag in our living room. The wife loves it (heavy sarcasm)! I had to come up with a list of ways to pass the time but fill my golf fix being that weather is mostly still terrible here in Ohio.

https://punchoutgolf.com/top-10-ways-to-survive-coronavirus-quarantine-when-addicted-to-golf/

On 3/19/2020 at 12:48 PM, jlukes said:

Putting. Lots and lots of putting. 

Also working with my Planemate on short game stuff and rotational exercises. 

Same on this. 

AM - Wake up early & ride the Peloton , hit 100 putts on the putt out mat with the mirror and gate. 

go about my normal day, then hit another lifting workout in the afternoon, hit 10-20 more putts on the mat.

If nothing else, hopefully i drop the few strokes i lose busting the rust off my swing with a lower putting average! lol

:callaway-small:  Epic Flash SZ 9* - HZRDS Yellow 65g X

:ping-small:  G410 Crossover - 17* 2i - Alta CB 70x

:callaway-small:   X-Forged 18 - PX6.5 - 2*UP - "Standard" Length & Lofts

:vokey-small:  SM7 Wedges - 50* - 54* - 60* 

:taylormade-small: TP Patina Series Del Mar - 35" - 2* Loft - 70* Lie

:bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Courses are still open here, but no more than 2 people can play in a flight and they put pool noodles in the holes. Still worth it though.

I tried to order some home golf practice things, but it all sold out! So I’ll head to the hardware store and build my own putting area and hitting net.

anybody use the current situation to convince themselves to buy a launch monitor?

🤙

2 hours ago, Tanky said:

anybody use the current situation to convince themselves to buy a launch monitor?

If I had the spare cash, I'd already have one.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 3/25/2020 at 5:56 PM, jlukes said:

Hitting net is up! Hopefully he lets me get some swings in eventually 

IMG_20200325_172114.thumb.jpg.0bab5ab7ab575ef0bb2c8b587a487a83.jpg

MVIMG_20200325_171303.thumb.jpg.034c453ddd3d3fb7528611ab86ff4ac9.jpg

Looks like he has a great swing! Nice to see you start him so early.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 3/25/2020 at 5:56 PM, jlukes said:

Hitting net is up! Hopefully he lets me get some swings in eventually 

IMG_20200325_172114.thumb.jpg.0bab5ab7ab575ef0bb2c8b587a487a83.jpg

MVIMG_20200325_171303.thumb.jpg.034c453ddd3d3fb7528611ab86ff4ac9.jpg

It looks like your dog is trying to figure out why he can't fetch the golf balls.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Lots of movies..bad movies, good movies and more bad movies.  Games...lots of games...sad to say I still suck at scrabble after playing it a lot this week.  We also brought our full sized cornhole boards into the house which I am also getting beat at. Honey Do's...lots of honey do's...that's a list that doesn't seem to end and grows...LOL

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I am guessing that after this quarantine there are going to be a ton of really good putters and chippers out there, but I would imagine a lot of us will lose driving accuracy.  haha It will be interesting. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

I'm an estimator for a mechanical contractor so I'm basically doing the same things I would do everyday (work wise), except I have a much shorter commute, don't waste any gas, and work from a much smaller computer monitor.  The kids think it's great to have dad home and conference calls are more of a challenge, but at least I can take a break every now and then and practice my chipping and pitching strokes...without a ball of course.  I had been working on bouncing the ball on my wedge to see how many times I could do it in a row, but that was inflaming my elbow.  Great to hear & see what you all have been doing to stay sane during this time.  I told the wife that there's gonna be a lot of babies born 9 months from now, and unfortunately I'm sure there will be a lot of divorces as well.   

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

I'm in Industrial sales so I'm still going out 1-2 days a week as I manage their inventories. We have 2 acres of timber and a acre of yard so I have plenty of work to do now that the weather has started to turn nicer here in NW Illinois. Other than that just spending a lot of the day making calls to other smaller customers trying to keep some income coming in. Wife and I have been married for 40 years so I'm glad our old house is almost 5000 sq ft. Plenty of room for social distancing !😀

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

I am starting to do this .....

708060224_Laughingatmyself.jpeg.e3b7c54b9b5416f946c58131f5871b9a.jpeg

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on