Testers ANNOUNCED (4) Nippon Modus GOST Hybrid Shaft

Our Sponsors

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Testers Wanted (4) For the longest time all golf clubs were steel shaft and that was that. Then driver and fairway wood shafts started appearing in graphite and that slowly took over as the prima

Join me in congratulating our 4 testers of the Nippon G.O.S.T. hybrid shaft: @Jmikecpa @Bucky CC @tehuti @Dr Strangelove Official announcement here:    

As a modus player these are super intriguing! Good luck everyone, hope the courses near you stay open through these rough times so we can see some testing!

Posted Images

Glen in Mi

Hdco: 8.1

20 degrees

Glen

From Michigan

Driver: Wilson C300 12* UST VTS Black 7X shaft

3W: Ping G410 with Ping Tour Stiff Shaft

5W: Maltbly Tour TC with UST V2 Shaft in Stiff

Hybrid: Adams Pro 23*

Irons: Hogan PTX

Wedges Cleveleand RTX3 CB 48* & Eidolon 51*, 54*, 57*

Putter: Edel Mallet

Chris / Oklahoma

17*

DRIVER: PXG Proto 0811 X - Graphite Design Tour AD GP7x +1/2"

3W: Taylormade SIM Rocket - Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s

HYBRID: PXG 0317X 17* - PX HC Hzrdus Black 6.5 (shelved)

IRONS: PXG Gen 3 0311T 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1" | PXG Gen 2 0311P 3-4 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

WEDGES: PXG Forged 54, PXG Sugar Daddy 58 - KBS C-Taper Lite 115g X-Stiff +1"

PUTTER: Taylormade MySpider X - 36.00" 3* Loft 71* Lie

Clint / Colorado

18 and 23 

If selected, I'd like to throw it in the 23 degree XR Pro and replace the Project X LZ that's currently in there. I put this club in my bag as a replacement for my 3 and 4 irons and still occasionally hit it into greens. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash 9° w/ Project X Evenflow 6.0

3wd: :callaway-small: XR Pro 14° w/ Project X LZ 6.0

2h: :callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha 815 17° w/ Fujikura Speeder 865 Stiff

4h: :callaway-small: XR Pro 23 w/ Project X LZ 6.0

5i - PW: PXG 0311T w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges: :callaway-small: MD3 50°, Titleist SM6 54° and 60°

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

On 3/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (4)

For the longest time all golf clubs were steel shaft and that was that. Then driver and fairway wood shafts started appearing in graphite and that slowly took over as the primary, and finally only, shaft material for those clubs. Irons followed suit, a bit later offering graphite and that has continued to evolve into some pretty high tech offerings. 

This put golfers in the position of having to choose accordingly: the consistency of steel or the light weight and extra distance of graphite. Enter the world of steel/hybrid composite shafts offering the best of both materials. First these appeared in irons and then they made their way to the driver and eventually into putter shafts.

So what was missing? Hybrids of course! Hybrids are often neglected among clubs; getting little respect and often overlooked for their perceived faults: a hook bias, tough to hit off the turf, not accurate, and so on.

Well Nippon is providing hybrids the respect they have been lacking. With the new GOST: Graphite On Steel Technology, they have created a shaft that allows the hybrid to launch high—as it's designed to—and have tighter dispersion and be more accurate than the typical graphite shaft, something you want for those long approaches into greens.

Nippon GHOST Shaft.jpg

So we are giving four forum members—US Residents Only—a chance to test, review and keep one of these shafts and report back to the forum their findings. 

Doing so will require a commitment of putting the hybrid in play on the course and at the range and providing ongoing commentary in the forum throughout the process.

How To Apply

In a post within this thread please provide the following information...AND DO NOT QUOTE this post when replying!

First Name / State of residence  Iowa

Handicap  20

Current Degree (loft) of Hybrids you use  20, 23, 26, 29, but I am thinking about leaving the 20 at home.

That's it. Good luck to everyone.

We'll be selecting the testers within the next 10 to 14 days; be sure to check back to see if you've been selected!