Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist T-MB long irons

KatoGolfer

I have had a Titleist T-MB long iron in my bag for quite some time, 4+ years.  I am a very good player that just can't get myself to hit a hybrid.  I've put one in the bag a few times but the experiment usually lasts less than a couple weeks and they end up in the closet or I sell them.  Last year I had a 3 and 4 T-MB in the bag and in the Minnesota off season have picked up a newer set of 718 model 3-4-5.  They are the best long irons I've ever hit and I do not think it is close.  They are great off the tee on the shorter par 4s but look enough like a normal iron to hit off the fairway consistently into those long par 4s and par 5s.

Now that I look at the list of new Titleist irons I see that they removed the T-MB.  Wondering what would be a good replacement when these wear down, T-300, T-400?  When I look at the pictures online I'm not optimistic that they did a good job of replacing them.  Also, I see that they have a couple Utility irons but only make them to a 4 iron loft.

Anyone else with me?

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

The tmb has been replace by the u500 and u510 they are the same concept in design as the tmb

not sure where you looked but the u500 comes in 17, 20 and 23 and 510 in 16,18,20 and 22.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

14 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The tmb has been replace by the u500 and u510 they are the same concept in design as the tmb

not sure where you looked but the u500 comes in 17, 20 and 23 and 510 in 16,18,20 and 22.

The T-MBs used to be able to be ordered through the whole set.  So if you wanted to now add a 5 iron it would have to be one of their T300 or T400 clubs.  What I loved about the T-MBs was they weren't completely considered an utility club.  It is what it is I guess 🙂

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

56 minutes ago, KatoGolfer said:

The T-MBs used to be able to be ordered through the whole set.  So if you wanted to now add a 5 iron it would have to be one of their T300 or T400 clubs.  What I loved about the T-MBs was they weren't completely considered an utility club.  It is what it is I guess 🙂

Correct and it’s why most of the set was a made to order offer and only thru a 4 or 5 iron wasnt. The problem for titleist was they didn’t sell a lot of the full set or enough to warrant keeping it as an offering. 

The u510 4i at 22* could be bent to make a 5i and is only 1* of the t300 5i iirc. Depending on what you are looking for finding something between t100-s thru the t300 would fit needs for a more forgiving 5i

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I would look at the T200s and T300s as opposed to the new utility clubs. I played a full set of TMBs for the last few years and when the new utilities came out I tried slotting one in at the top of the bag and way different than the TMBs. Ball flight in both models was a close to 10 yards higher and spin was 800-900 revs lower.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond