TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is your track still open?

Sluggo42

Low 60s and sunny here. My "home" track just opened today.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

My Tuesday game has been postponed at the City of Tampa owned Babe Zaharias GC as we are all retirees and it is open for walkers only. I don’t think 5 players out of the 50 in our game have push/pull carts and could walk 18 holes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

6 of the 7 courses in the area are open.  We're seeing people from CA make the drive to play.  Now that is dedication.  The one that is closed is tentatively scheduled to reopen on Friday; I hope so as it's my favorite.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Well, I have to report back after playing yesterday that I am very disappointed in my local muni. Of all the things they said they were doing, they are actually only doing about half. Add to the fact, people just not taking the social distancing seriously and I won't be going back until after this is over. May attempt to play a different course, but not sure. 

I had originally started to type a long list of reasons explaining why, but to save everyone time I'll just provide one quick example of my experience yesterday.

I literally had someone approach me and try to shake my hand with everything that's going on - only for him to later tell me that one of his kids works at the local hospital and share what he's seen with incoming COVID-19 cases... ???

Be safe out there everyone.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

Interesting times. Looks like I'll just be chipping in the backyard and putting in the basement until mid-April at the earliest. The governor's office put out some clarification specifically for golf courses today:

Q: Are golf course employees considered critical infrastructure workers for the purposes of Executive Order 2020-21?

A: No, golf course employees are not considered critical infrastructure workers. As needed, however, golf courses may designate workers to leave their home for work if their in-person presence is strictly necessary to conduct the minimum basic operations listed in section 4(b) of the order. Minimum basic operations do not include serving members of the public.

One course I know of is working around this with an honor system cash box, but many others are adhering strictly to the order. I really wish there was a way for them to be open, but there are a lot of touch points involved in playing golf (even by yourself) if some means of remote payment is not feasible. 

My interpretation of that order is also that there can be no starter/enforcer of tee times/pace-of-play, so on some of these courses that would lead to massive backups/congestion, which defeats the whole purpose of social distancing.

Of course, this is the first spring since I moved back to Michigan in 2017 that the March weather has been very conducive to golf. So like myself, many others are itching to play. Delayed gratification, I suppose. And my short game should be better right out of the gate this year.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Playing tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Just got word my course is reopening!  No practice facilities, clubhouse, restaurant, 1 person per cart.  Can’t wait for Saturday. 

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Played yesterday and today in pretty crummy weather, but was grateful that the course for the opportunity to take advantage of it. 

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Closed as of 03/24/2020 😭

Lockdown in the UK 

WITB: Driver - Ping G400 Max 9 Degree, VA Slay X-Stiff Shaft   5 Wood - Ping 18 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaft   Irons - 4 & 5 Mizuno MP20 HMB, 5 to PW, Mizuno MP20 MMC, KBS C Taper Lite Stiff Shafts + 1 inch 1 degrees upright   Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright  Putter - Ping Sigma2 Tyne 35"

Played a different course yesterday. It was much colder than it has been lately and there was rain in the forecast so me and my two buddies ended up being the only golfers on the course. Had a pretty decent round going after the first couple holes then started rushing around once the rain started to move in. Anyway, we had fun, we used social distancing and each had our own cart. The only negative thing I have to report is that the course was still putting sand bottles and such on the carts - I'm guessing they must be wiping those down too, but who knows. I didn't use them just to be safe.

Played yesterday and pulled the pin after 9. It was like the Bataan death march with quite a few people out, including those that play 2 rounds a year.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Nope. Gotta drive 80 miles to Indiana to play.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

County executive just closed all courses in Onondaga County except for the one state park course for the next 3 weeks. I live in Oswego County, but we don't have much in the way of courses open yet, still wet and in low areas.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Most of the courses in the Houston area are back open with CDC guidelines in effect. No sand jugs, rakes, and leave pin in hole and blockades to keep ball from falling into cup. Pay online or credit card only at club. Restaurants closed with to go orders filled at window or under tent. One player per cart, bring your own pencil and clean all trash from cart when you leave. Tee times are extended between groups. But we get to play golf!!!!!!!! 

HALLELUJAH - Hallelujah Squirrel - quickmeme

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Mine remains open but it’s getting close to shutting it down. Current measures in effect.

1. Removed all tee markers to encourage golfers to tee off from differing locations.

2. Flags are not allowed to be touched and or removed.

3. Foam placed in all holes so the ball simply rolls over rather than going in.

4. No more than two golfers per group. They must walk or take separate carts.

5. Can not tee off until the hole is completely cleared in front of you.

6. No cash exchange in the pro shop.

7. No more than two golfers in the pro shop at one time.

8. No loitering in the parking lot after the round. You must depart immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Yes, but no carts and prepay before arrival. Another course nearby and with same rules also has put a section of pool noodle in the cup to keep the ball near the putting surface.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

Heading out this morning to play and I will be walking while the other seven old farts are riding.  I'm glad I still have some good wheels under my ole arse and can shuffle around the course pretty good. I walk four to five miles around my neighborhood daily since my gym has closed and that makes walking the golf course much easier. 

I'm renewing our membership for another year so it looks like I'll be more active with golf for the foreseeable future. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Looks like I'll be giving my local course another shot after all. Got an email yesterday saying that they'd only allow walking on the course which should hopefully remedy most (if not all) of my concerns from the last visit. Got a tee time at 12:20 and the weather outside is about as good as you could possibly want. Let's go! 💪

Looks like everything in NY is now closed down until further notice. I can fish or walk in a state park but can’t walk and carry my bag at my club. Just dumb if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Here in Nueces County , Texas  as of today all courses closed by order of county judge until further notice. Deemed a non essential business. Played on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week under CDC guidelines with no problems. Methinks someone complained we golfers were having too much fun or she is trying to make a name for herself. Not a popular edict with the golfing community down here.

Retired Army aviator. 2 Vietnam tours flying Hueys.

I feel very blessed (almost guilty) that our course (private club) has remained open and is following all of the recommended guidelines. The restaurant has closed except for food to go with delivery by golf cart for neighborhood homes. In effort to keep money flowing in, the course decided a couple of weeks ago to allow non-members to play but that brought a whole list of issues with people not taking care of the course - like driving right up to the edge of the greens and leaving fast food trash on the course.

We received an email yesterday that our county judge and mayor decided to close all local golf courses effective at end of the day yesterday. 😢 So the course was super crowded late yesterday afternoon with everyone wanting to get in a last round. Then on the local news last night we heard a welcomed report that our specific course will remain open to members only who want to walk or have a private cart. Yippee 😃 we can still play and it will only be people who will take care of our course!

While on our regular early morning walk today it was promising to see a foursome getting ready to play. Don't know where they came up enough push/pull carts to dust off and have doubts that those guys have walked further than from their cars to the pro shop in many years, but thumbs up 👍 to them for trying! We are going have a fit club!

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

I feel very blessed (almost guilty) that our course (private club) has remained open and is following all of the recommended guidelines. The restaurant has closed except for food to go with delivery by golf cart for neighborhood homes. In effort to keep money flowing in, the course decided a couple of weeks ago to allow non-members to play but that brought a whole list of issues with people not taking care of the course - like driving right up to the edge of the greens and leaving fast food trash on the course.
We received an email yesterday that our county judge and mayor decided to close all local golf courses effective at end of the day yesterday. So the course was super crowded late yesterday afternoon with everyone wanting to get in a last round. Then on the local news last night we heard a welcomed report that our specific course will remain open to members only who want to walk or have a private cart. Yippee we can still play and it will only be people who will take care of our course!
While on our regular early morning walk today it was promising to see a foursome getting ready to play. Don't know where they came up enough push/pull carts to dust off and have doubts that those guys have walked further than from their cars to the pro shop in many years, but thumbs up  to them for trying! We are going have a fit club!

We have been waking only, no rakes, no flags, pool noodles in the cups to the top and no staff at the club. We are private and looks like we are now closed. Looks like all beaches on the south shore are now closed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I did play at my home club yesterday with full CDC recommendations in force. At the first tee the starter informed us that this was the last day the course would be open for an unknown period of time but he was unaware of why the course would be closed.

After the round I saw that I had an email regarding the clubs closure and it just stated that they were getting clarification from the Governors office since he has declared all state parks closed.

Most people think it is for the Easter holiday to prevent folks from gathering together this weekend.

I have checked around and some of the area courses are still open but many have closed for now. Bazaar times we are living in! 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

Wisconsin courses are still closed.  Our governor was on the radio this morning and had this to say when asked about golf courses:

"I know that’s been a hot topic, which is interesting because we have kind of life-and-death situations going on where we’re making decisions.  I’m not belittling the golf. All things people ask us to reconsider, we reconsider. We’re not at the point now to say that we’re going to open up golf courses. But we will continue to monitor the science on that. When it is time to do that, we will do that."

Doesn't sound like we'll be opening up anytime soon.  There are a few courses working directly with their local sheriff's departments to try and stay open without getting in trouble but it sounds like that is going to be shut down very soon as well.

We did have state parks open but those were shut down earlier this week because people were not following social distancing rules and were vandalizing the parks.  This is why we can't have nice things.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

All 3 of the courses at my facility are open. We are walking only (except carts for ADA) with cutoff pool noodles in the cups

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

1 hour ago, daviddvm said:

I did play at my home club yesterday with full CDC recommendations in force. At the first tee the starter informed us that this was the last day the course would be open for an unknown period of time but he was unaware of why the course would be closed.

After the round I saw that I had an email regarding the clubs closure and it just stated that they were getting clarification from the Governors office since he has declared all state parks closed.

Most people think it is for the Easter holiday to prevent folks from gathering together this weekend.

I have checked around and some of the area courses are still open but many have closed for now. Bazaar times we are living in! 

In the club email we received it stated that our county judge and mayor determined that golf courses are nonessential to be in alignment with our Texas governor's determination made during a conference call with county and city leaders. I understand to reopened our course had to negotiate and receive permission from the county judge and mayor. I assume it is the same for all areas of Texas hence the inconsistency.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

13 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

In the club email we received it stated that our county judge and mayor determined that golf courses are nonessential to be in alignment with our Texas governor's determination made during a conference call with county and city leaders. I understand to reopened our course had to negotiate and receive permission from the county judge and mayor. I assume it is the same for all areas of Texas hence the inconsistency.

The question: Are golf courses included in the mandatory closures?

The answer: Golf courses in Harris County are allowed to stay open, but driving ranges must close, according to the county’s website.

1 hour ago, daviddvm said:

The question: Are golf courses included in the mandatory closures?

The answer: Golf courses in Harris County are allowed to stay open, but driving ranges must close, according to the county’s website.

Good for Harris County!

PXG 0811 XF driver

3 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

All 3 of the courses at my facility are open. We are walking only (except carts for ADA) with cutoff pool noodles in the cups

I may have to make a trip down there if our courses don't open in early May.  COVID-19 won't be what kills us; my wife and I are practicing our MMA skills on each other.  I will lose.

I haven't canceled the Spy trip at the end of June.  We will need to get out of this house again by that time!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

22 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I may have to make a trip down there if our courses don't open in early May.  COVID-19 won't be what kills us; my wife and I are practicing our MMA skills on each other.  I will lose.

I haven't canceled the Spy trip at the end of June.  We will need to get out of this house again by that time!!

If ur courses are still closed by then I certainly hope that Deschutes County will have lifted its ban on short term rentals. Current ban extends to May 15th

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf