Is your track still open?

Our Sponsors

Just read an update that my county has been placed under a "stay at home" order. Thankfully, the county judge included an exception for outdoor exercise - hoping that means golf can continue. The course near me has taken considerable steps to reducing the likelihood of contact: raised cups, single rider carts, spaced out tee times, no longer grouping people who don't know each other, online booking and payment, removed pins from practice green, clubhouse closed, etc., etc... I booked a tee time tomorrow (I plan to walk) and will take some hand sanitizer with me. I don't expect to interact with anyone despite the tee sheet being jam packed.

• Like 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My course is closed. Because it's still under a foot of snow. And it's snowing today. Happy spring, everyone!

All the courses in Thailand were closed down at the end of March, initially until 30th April. The daily count here is getting lower and lower, in our province for the last couple of days there have be

So technically my exec where I recently joined the monthly membership closed just a week after joining.. But, it was agreed that paying members would retain full access to the course and the course w

Posted Images

Closed as of tomorrow

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

Went to chip and putt today, and got told to leave. Ugh. Literally not another person on the property other than when the pro drove through. Dam shutdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

About 8pm last night I saw and FB and Instagram course that my home course closed.  First one in Oregon from what I've seen anyways.  The course had homes built around it many years ago and Id say that average members age is 65 to 70.  Just a guess.  Most of the people that live on the course are retired as well.  I drive by it daily to and from work and the place has been crazy packed with all the sun we have had here in Salem, OR.  Lots of retired folks out playing with a mix of walkers and riders.  I am seeing more posts from local courses with added precautions such as 1 rider per cart, no rakes, raised cup, and the usual precautionary stuff. 

Closed for good, or just temporary?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Wilson Staff Triton (10.5*) w/Aldila Rogue Regular; PowerBilt Air Force One 3W 15* & 5W 19* Apollo Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Tour Effect Univ. Of Kentucky cooler bag.
  • Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

My course closed on Monday, planning to check in the area and see if any are open for play, I will ride a bit to get to play.

• Like 1

Driver -  :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 
Woods - :callaway-small:   Mavrik 3 Wood & Epic Flash  Heavenwood
Hybrid - :callaway-small:   Epic Flash 4H
Irons - :callaway-small:   Rogue X 5 - AW
Wedges -  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 54* & 58*
Putter -   :EVNROLL: ER2
Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE
Ball - :Snell: MTB-X

Bag -  2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Check out my 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Review here  

Windmill sent an email the other day saying they were closed until 4/6. Then they sent this yesterday:

As of Wednesday, March 25th the golf course is back open!

An update from Windmill Lakes Golf Club about COVID – 19.

To Our Valued Customers and Employees:
First and foremost, Windmill Lakes Golf Club is committed to the safety and well-being of our customers and employees. With some clarity of guidelines set forth by the Ohio Department of Health, our golf course will be open, weather dependent. We will be observing the following guidelines and social distancing requirements:

Social Distancing Requirements:
– Maintaining a distance of at least six feet between individuals
– Hand sanitizer products available for customers and employees
– Seniors may play at any time, but tee times are held exclusively for Seniors 60+ from 10:00am – 11:00am Monday though Friday

Check-In:
– Tee times are required
– Call ahead payments are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
– Snack bar will be closed at this time
– Downstairs bathrooms will be open
– Golf Shop will be open on a limited basis for take out purchases and credit card payments

We Ask Our Players:
– Please do not come to the course if you are sick or showing signs of being sick
– Practice social distancing
– Social distancing on golf carts is recommended (1 cart per player) unless you live in the same household
– Do not remove flag sticks from cup
– Please show up to the course no more than 10 minutes prior to your tee time
– Use hand sanitzing locations

What Windmill Lakes is Doing:
– All employees will have temperature taken upon arrival
– We have enhanced our store cleaning procedures to include the use of disinfectant on all golf carts and push carts, check out areas and CC terminal, bathrooms, door handles and rails

We are happy to allow customers to enjoy being outside, but we would not be allowing this this if we were not absolutely certain we can provide a safe environment for everyone. It is the responsibility of our customers, employees, friends and family, to do our best to stop the spread of COVID – 19.

Woop woop!

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm not a member at a private club.  Every public course in MA has been ordered to shut down until April 7th.

image.png

Brings back memories of being "grounded" when I was younger...

Sadly this also means all of the driving ranges...... 😞 

• Like 3

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Working today at my Club in Tampa.....slow day....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

ATL private clubs are back to golf courses open but facilities are still closed. Walking only, no rakes, no water coolers, must carry sand and fill divots. At least it’s golf again!

• Like 4

The buddy of mine who is a Pro in Kentucky posted their requirements on Facebook.

Taking money via online pay only, one person per cart, range is closed (seemed odd), and the clubhouse is closed to the public. Restrooms on the course and at the range are open.

Glad his City is still allowing them to keep it available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Another update for those in the NYC/Long Island area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0935.png

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

15 minutes ago, PMookie said:

range is closed (seemed odd)

Our range is open which seemed odd to me - you're literally inviting people to gather, and the range balls create a point of contact between you and whoever has to collect them and clean them. Our course has at least provided more space between "stalls" and claims they are sanitizing the balls every time they are collected.

I thought the county order issued yesterday might shut down golf, but I got an email from a different facility last night stating that golf has been permitted to continue so long as facilities and patrons conduct themselves accordingly. So come 3:30PM, I will be relieving myself of stay-at-home-dad-attempt-to-be-a-teacher duties and heading out to play! I'm sure I'll take advantage of the range while it is still open, but I plan to use my gloved hand to pick up balls and will certainly keep some hand sanitizer on me. Gonna walk and enjoy as much golf as I can squeeze in before sundown. 

• Like 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Unfortunately not 

Currently stuck inside, practicing my carpet golf 😏

• Sad 1

WITBDriver - Ping G Series 10.5 Degree, Ping Alta 55g Stiff shaft 3 Wood - Ping Stretch 13 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaftIrons - 4 to PW, Ping S57, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright Putter - Odyssey O Works 1W

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Closed for good, or just temporary?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Wilson Staff Triton (10.5*) w/Aldila Rogue Regular; PowerBilt Air Force One 3W 15* & 5W 19* Apollo Regular; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 graphite shafts; Ben Hogan TKt Gw(49*) SW(53*) LW(57*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts.Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3; Bag: Tour Effect Univ. Of Kentucky cooler bag.

They re-evaluated it and opened it back up to members only. 

• Like 1

DRIVER: Titleist 905R S 10.5

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha XS

Irons- Titleist 716 AP1 S 1/2 over 2 degrees upright

Vokey SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

They re-evaluated it and opened it back up to members only. 

Same with my club, just got the email a short bit ago. Open for walking to members only. No staff at the club, no carts at all, no rakes and not allowed to pull the flagstick out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Looks like we're in for some good golf news from our club  - today's email update:

IMG_6672.jpg

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

17 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Looks like we're in for some good golf news from our club  - today's email update:

IMG_6672.jpg

Sounds like that's what we've been doing for the last 10 days, but we are now shut down for at least the next 14 days, maybe longer.

• Sad 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We are open, and we are busy...  

• Like 1

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

They issued a stay at home order for our County earlier today.  This is wonderful because it trumps anything that the mayor of St Pete or any other mayor in our county might try (St. Pete's mayor is a bit of a publicity grabber).  The order specifically mentions that Golf Courses and Outdoor Boat ramps may remain open so long as people practice social distancing.   In fact appropriate outdoor activity is encouraged in the order.  I received an email from my club laying out the terms of engagement - walking or single cart only, food service available via the cart girl or temporary outdoor station, no pulling pins - we're credit card or club charge account only anyway. 

I suspect most of our communities will go to something like this as its easy to engage in social distancing on a golf course and its good for the immune system to be out in the sun.

• Like 4

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them