Is your track still open?

Our Sponsors

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My course is closed. Because it's still under a foot of snow. And it's snowing today. Happy spring, everyone!

All the courses in Thailand were closed down at the end of March, initially until 30th April. The daily count here is getting lower and lower, in our province for the last couple of days there have be

So technically my exec where I recently joined the monthly membership closed just a week after joining.. But, it was agreed that paying members would retain full access to the course and the course w

Posted Images

My Tuesday game has been postponed at the City of Tampa owned Babe Zaharias GC as we are all retirees and it is open for walkers only. I don’t think 5 players out of the 50 in our game have push/pull carts and could walk 18 holes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

6 of the 7 courses in the area are open.  We're seeing people from CA make the drive to play.  Now that is dedication.  The one that is closed is tentatively scheduled to reopen on Friday; I hope so as it's my favorite.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Well, I have to report back after playing yesterday that I am very disappointed in my local muni. Of all the things they said they were doing, they are actually only doing about half. Add to the fact, people just not taking the social distancing seriously and I won't be going back until after this is over. May attempt to play a different course, but not sure. 

I had originally started to type a long list of reasons explaining why, but to save everyone time I'll just provide one quick example of my experience yesterday.

I literally had someone approach me and try to shake my hand with everything that's going on - only for him to later tell me that one of his kids works at the local hospital and share what he's seen with incoming COVID-19 cases... ???

Be safe out there everyone.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Interesting times. Looks like I'll just be chipping in the backyard and putting in the basement until mid-April at the earliest. The governor's office put out some clarification specifically for golf courses today:

Q: Are golf course employees considered critical infrastructure workers for the purposes of Executive Order 2020-21?

A: No, golf course employees are not considered critical infrastructure workers. As needed, however, golf courses may designate workers to leave their home for work if their in-person presence is strictly necessary to conduct the minimum basic operations listed in section 4(b) of the order. Minimum basic operations do not include serving members of the public.

One course I know of is working around this with an honor system cash box, but many others are adhering strictly to the order. I really wish there was a way for them to be open, but there are a lot of touch points involved in playing golf (even by yourself) if some means of remote payment is not feasible. 

My interpretation of that order is also that there can be no starter/enforcer of tee times/pace-of-play, so on some of these courses that would lead to massive backups/congestion, which defeats the whole purpose of social distancing.

Of course, this is the first spring since I moved back to Michigan in 2017 that the March weather has been very conducive to golf. So like myself, many others are itching to play. Delayed gratification, I suppose. And my short game should be better right out of the gate this year.

• Like 3

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.9 (Last Updated Oct. 25, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
3W: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone (15°), -3/4", Aldila Rogue Silver 70 (110 MSI) Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
17° Hybrid: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, -1/2", UST Recoil 480 ESX F4, Lamkin Sonar Connect
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
5-GW:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone, 2° Flat, -1/2", KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff, Lamkin Sonar Connect
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow / 
srixon.png.43e385967a8ed97dd1678520c0dc8ef3.png Srixon Z-Star XV Tour Yellow
Tracked By: :Arccos: Cobra Connect powered by Arccos
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Playing tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Just got word my course is reopening!  No practice facilities, clubhouse, restaurant, 1 person per cart.  Can’t wait for Saturday. 

• Like 4

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Played yesterday and today in pretty crummy weather, but was grateful that the course for the opportunity to take advantage of it. 

• Like 1

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

Closed as of 03/24/2020 😭

Lockdown in the UK 

• Like 1

WITBDriver - Ping G Series 10.5 Degree, Ping Alta 55g Stiff shaft 3 Wood - Ping Stretch 13 Degree, Ping Alta Stiff shaftIrons - 4 to PW, Ping S57, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright Wedges - Ping Tour-W 54 & 58 Degree, AWT stiff steel shafts + 1/2 inch 3 degrees upright Putter - Odyssey O Works 1W

Played a different course yesterday. It was much colder than it has been lately and there was rain in the forecast so me and my two buddies ended up being the only golfers on the course. Had a pretty decent round going after the first couple holes then started rushing around once the rain started to move in. Anyway, we had fun, we used social distancing and each had our own cart. The only negative thing I have to report is that the course was still putting sand bottles and such on the carts - I'm guessing they must be wiping those down too, but who knows. I didn't use them just to be safe.

• Like 3

Played yesterday and pulled the pin after 9. It was like the Bataan death march with quite a few people out, including those that play 2 rounds a year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Nope. Gotta drive 80 miles to Indiana to play.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

County executive just closed all courses in Onondaga County except for the one state park course for the next 3 weeks. I live in Oswego County, but we don't have much in the way of courses open yet, still wet and in low areas.

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

Most of the courses in the Houston area are back open with CDC guidelines in effect. No sand jugs, rakes, and leave pin in hole and blockades to keep ball from falling into cup. Pay online or credit card only at club. Restaurants closed with to go orders filled at window or under tent. One player per cart, bring your own pencil and clean all trash from cart when you leave. Tee times are extended between groups. But we get to play golf!!!!!!!! 

HALLELUJAH - Hallelujah Squirrel - quickmeme

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Mine remains open but it’s getting close to shutting it down. Current measures in effect.

1. Removed all tee markers to encourage golfers to tee off from differing locations.

2. Flags are not allowed to be touched and or removed.

3. Foam placed in all holes so the ball simply rolls over rather than going in.

4. No more than two golfers per group. They must walk or take separate carts.

5. Can not tee off until the hole is completely cleared in front of you.

6. No cash exchange in the pro shop.

7. No more than two golfers in the pro shop at one time.

8. No loitering in the parking lot after the round. You must depart immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Yes, but no carts and prepay before arrival. Another course nearby and with same rules also has put a section of pool noodle in the cup to keep the ball near the putting surface.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila  DVS

:macgregor-small: MT 3W Aldila DVS/Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST V2

:titelist-small: 915H3 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Cameron Studio Design #5/Cameron Santa Fe

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

Heading out this morning to play and I will be walking while the other seven old farts are riding.  I'm glad I still have some good wheels under my ole arse and can shuffle around the course pretty good. I walk four to five miles around my neighborhood daily since my gym has closed and that makes walking the golf course much easier. 

I'm renewing our membership for another year so it looks like I'll be more active with golf for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 4

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway  XR16 4- Wood
Callaway Steelhead 3 Hybrid
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 5 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Tommy Armour Over N Out 58 Degree Lob
Wilson Harmonized Chipper 32 Degrees
Ping  Sigma G Tyne Putter OR Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide

Looks like I'll be giving my local course another shot after all. Got an email yesterday saying that they'd only allow walking on the course which should hopefully remedy most (if not all) of my concerns from the last visit. Got a tee time at 12:20 and the weather outside is about as good as you could possibly want. Let's go! 💪

• Like 2

Looks like everything in NY is now closed down until further notice. I can fish or walk in a state park but can’t walk and carry my bag at my club. Just dumb if you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Here in Nueces County , Texas  as of today all courses closed by order of county judge until further notice. Deemed a non essential business. Played on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week under CDC guidelines with no problems. Methinks someone complained we golfers were having too much fun or she is trying to make a name for herself. Not a popular edict with the golfing community down here.

Retired Army aviator. 2 Vietnam tours flying Hueys.