Sluggo42

Is your track still open?

Our Sponsors

Low 60s and sunny here. My "home" track just opened today.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 3

My Tuesday game has been postponed at the City of Tampa owned Babe Zaharias GC as we are all retirees and it is open for walkers only. I don’t think 5 players out of the 50 in our game have push/pull carts and could walk 18 holes.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

6 of the 7 courses in the area are open.  We're seeing people from CA make the drive to play.  Now that is dedication.  The one that is closed is tentatively scheduled to reopen on Friday; I hope so as it's my favorite.

• Like 1

Well, I have to report back after playing yesterday that I am very disappointed in my local muni. Of all the things they said they were doing, they are actually only doing about half. Add to the fact, people just not taking the social distancing seriously and I won't be going back until after this is over. May attempt to play a different course, but not sure. 

I had originally started to type a long list of reasons explaining why, but to save everyone time I'll just provide one quick example of my experience yesterday.

I literally had someone approach me and try to shake my hand with everything that's going on - only for him to later tell me that one of his kids works at the local hospital and share what he's seen with incoming COVID-19 cases... ???

Be safe out there everyone.

• Like 3

Interesting times. Looks like I'll just be chipping in the backyard and putting in the basement until mid-April at the earliest. The governor's office put out some clarification specifically for golf courses today:

Q: Are golf course employees considered critical infrastructure workers for the purposes of Executive Order 2020-21?

A: No, golf course employees are not considered critical infrastructure workers. As needed, however, golf courses may designate workers to leave their home for work if their in-person presence is strictly necessary to conduct the minimum basic operations listed in section 4(b) of the order. Minimum basic operations do not include serving members of the public.

One course I know of is working around this with an honor system cash box, but many others are adhering strictly to the order. I really wish there was a way for them to be open, but there are a lot of touch points involved in playing golf (even by yourself) if some means of remote payment is not feasible. 

My interpretation of that order is also that there can be no starter/enforcer of tee times/pace-of-play, so on some of these courses that would lead to massive backups/congestion, which defeats the whole purpose of social distancing.

Of course, this is the first spring since I moved back to Michigan in 2017 that the March weather has been very conducive to golf. So like myself, many others are itching to play. Delayed gratification, I suppose. And my short game should be better right out of the gate this year.

• Like 3

Playing tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Just got word my course is reopening!  No practice facilities, clubhouse, restaurant, 1 person per cart.  Can’t wait for Saturday. 

• Like 4

Played yesterday and today in pretty crummy weather, but was grateful that the course for the opportunity to take advantage of it. 

• Like 1

Closed as of 03/24/2020 😭

Lockdown in the UK