Is your track still open?

Our Sponsors

I feel very blessed (almost guilty) that our course (private club) has remained open and is following all of the recommended guidelines. The restaurant has closed except for food to go with delivery by golf cart for neighborhood homes. In effort to keep money flowing in, the course decided a couple of weeks ago to allow non-members to play but that brought a whole list of issues with people not taking care of the course - like driving right up to the edge of the greens and leaving fast food trash on the course.

We received an email yesterday that our county judge and mayor decided to close all local golf courses effective at end of the day yesterday. 😢 So the course was super crowded late yesterday afternoon with everyone wanting to get in a last round. Then on the local news last night we heard a welcomed report that our specific course will remain open to members only who want to walk or have a private cart. Yippee 😃 we can still play and it will only be people who will take care of our course!

While on our regular early morning walk today it was promising to see a foursome getting ready to play. Don't know where they came up enough push/pull carts to dust off and have doubts that those guys have walked further than from their cars to the pro shop in many years, but thumbs up 👍 to them for trying! We are going have a fit club!

• Like 4

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My course is closed. Because it's still under a foot of snow. And it's snowing today. Happy spring, everyone!

All the courses in Thailand were closed down at the end of March, initially until 30th April. The daily count here is getting lower and lower, in our province for the last couple of days there have be

So technically my exec where I recently joined the monthly membership closed just a week after joining.. But, it was agreed that paying members would retain full access to the course and the course w

Posted Images

I feel very blessed (almost guilty) that our course (private club) has remained open and is following all of the recommended guidelines. The restaurant has closed except for food to go with delivery by golf cart for neighborhood homes. In effort to keep money flowing in, the course decided a couple of weeks ago to allow non-members to play but that brought a whole list of issues with people not taking care of the course - like driving right up to the edge of the greens and leaving fast food trash on the course.
We received an email yesterday that our county judge and mayor decided to close all local golf courses effective at end of the day yesterday. So the course was super crowded late yesterday afternoon with everyone wanting to get in a last round. Then on the local news last night we heard a welcomed report that our specific course will remain open to members only who want to walk or have a private cart. Yippee we can still play and it will only be people who will take care of our course!
While on our regular early morning walk today it was promising to see a foursome getting ready to play. Don't know where they came up enough push/pull carts to dust off and have doubts that those guys have walked further than from their cars to the pro shop in many years, but thumbs up  to them for trying! We are going have a fit club!

We have been waking only, no rakes, no flags, pool noodles in the cups to the top and no staff at the club. We are private and looks like we are now closed. Looks like all beaches on the south shore are now closed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 2

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

I did play at my home club yesterday with full CDC recommendations in force. At the first tee the starter informed us that this was the last day the course would be open for an unknown period of time but he was unaware of why the course would be closed.

After the round I saw that I had an email regarding the clubs closure and it just stated that they were getting clarification from the Governors office since he has declared all state parks closed.

Most people think it is for the Easter holiday to prevent folks from gathering together this weekend.

I have checked around and some of the area courses are still open but many have closed for now. Bazaar times we are living in! 

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Wisconsin courses are still closed.  Our governor was on the radio this morning and had this to say when asked about golf courses:

"I know that’s been a hot topic, which is interesting because we have kind of life-and-death situations going on where we’re making decisions.  I’m not belittling the golf. All things people ask us to reconsider, we reconsider. We’re not at the point now to say that we’re going to open up golf courses. But we will continue to monitor the science on that. When it is time to do that, we will do that."

Doesn't sound like we'll be opening up anytime soon.  There are a few courses working directly with their local sheriff's departments to try and stay open without getting in trouble but it sounds like that is going to be shut down very soon as well.

We did have state parks open but those were shut down earlier this week because people were not following social distancing rules and were vandalizing the parks.  This is why we can't have nice things.

• Sad 1

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: F9, Fujikura ATMOS TS Black 7X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, N.S. Pro Modus3 G.O.S.T. Tour S
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, Fujikura ATMOS 7 Stiff
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5B

All 3 of the courses at my facility are open. We are walking only (except carts for ADA) with cutoff pool noodles in the cups

• Like 2

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

1 hour ago, daviddvm said:

I did play at my home club yesterday with full CDC recommendations in force. At the first tee the starter informed us that this was the last day the course would be open for an unknown period of time but he was unaware of why the course would be closed.

After the round I saw that I had an email regarding the clubs closure and it just stated that they were getting clarification from the Governors office since he has declared all state parks closed.

Most people think it is for the Easter holiday to prevent folks from gathering together this weekend.

I have checked around and some of the area courses are still open but many have closed for now. Bazaar times we are living in! 

In the club email we received it stated that our county judge and mayor determined that golf courses are nonessential to be in alignment with our Texas governor's determination made during a conference call with county and city leaders. I understand to reopened our course had to negotiate and receive permission from the county judge and mayor. I assume it is the same for all areas of Texas hence the inconsistency.

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

13 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

In the club email we received it stated that our county judge and mayor determined that golf courses are nonessential to be in alignment with our Texas governor's determination made during a conference call with county and city leaders. I understand to reopened our course had to negotiate and receive permission from the county judge and mayor. I assume it is the same for all areas of Texas hence the inconsistency.

The question: Are golf courses included in the mandatory closures?

The answer: Golf courses in Harris County are allowed to stay open, but driving ranges must close, according to the county’s website.

• Like 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, daviddvm said:

The question: Are golf courses included in the mandatory closures?

The answer: Golf courses in Harris County are allowed to stay open, but driving ranges must close, according to the county’s website.

Good for Harris County!

3 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

All 3 of the courses at my facility are open. We are walking only (except carts for ADA) with cutoff pool noodles in the cups

I may have to make a trip down there if our courses don't open in early May.  COVID-19 won't be what kills us; my wife and I are practicing our MMA skills on each other.  I will lose.

I haven't canceled the Spy trip at the end of June.  We will need to get out of this house again by that time!!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

22 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I may have to make a trip down there if our courses don't open in early May.  COVID-19 won't be what kills us; my wife and I are practicing our MMA skills on each other.  I will lose.

I haven't canceled the Spy trip at the end of June.  We will need to get out of this house again by that time!!

If ur courses are still closed by then I certainly hope that Deschutes County will have lifted its ban on short term rentals. Current ban extends to May 15th

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 (7.25*) - Tensei AV Raw White 65 X Tipped 1.5" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T1 Position

3 Wood: :titelist-small: TSi3 (13.5) - Tensei AV Raw White 70 X Tipped 1" & 0.5" Short, 2 extra grams in T Position

Driving Iron: :titelist-small: U500 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke (X)

Irons (4-6) :titelist-small: T100S - KBS C-Taper X-Stiff

Irons (7-P) :titelist-small: 620 MB - KBS C-Taper X Stiff

Wedges: QAJzq7h.jpg SM7 Jet Black 50.F.12 / 55.S.11 / 60.M.08 - X100

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgBlack ER2 (Finish Courtesy of NorCal Putters) - :P2-grips-logo: Aware Tour

Bag:  :titelist-small: Hybrid 14

Glove:  Under Armour Strikeskin Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1 Yellow #3

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Instagram: @dpattgolf

2 hours ago, DPattGolf said:

If ur courses are still closed by then I certainly hope that Deschutes County will have lifted its ban on short term rentals. Current ban extends to May 15th

Good to know.  I'll check later in May.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Nope..

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Here in Michigan the courses are closed for the foreseeable future, the golfers here are not happy because of the way the governor handled it. And at this point it doesn't look good for us... I am hoping for June, but that may be a pipe dream....

Chris 

• Sad 2

Far and Sure......

:ping-small:G410 SFT (10.5 degree), Project X Hzrdus Yellow Stiff Shaft

:ping-small:: G20 4W

:ping-small:: G410 5W

:ping-small::  G20    5H

:ping-small:: G410 5 thru UW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*  

:wilson_staff_small: PMP FG Tour 60*                                                        

:odyssey-small:    OWorks Black #1

:bridgestone-small: TourB RXS / e12 soft

:skycaddie: Touch

Bat Caddy X3 Electric Bag Cart

The northeast is carpet bombed with Covid 19.

The bluer an area looks on an electoral map, the brighter red it looks on a Covid 19 map.

It has nothing to do with politics, of course; it has to do with density of population.

I'm not kidding, it's body bag city over here.

My club is closed, course and club alike, but I have to be honest.

There's no way I'd play under these conditions.

At my age, I'm fine with dying in my sleep, but I'd rather not die on a ventilator.

I remember the big polio epidemic in the early fifties when I was a very young child. 

Seeing a picture of an iron lung, as they used in those days, used to keep me from sleeping at night.

At least I'm still sleeping OK, and I'm still getting outdoors to walk the dog.

• Like 3

So technically my exec where I recently joined the monthly membership closed just a week after joining..

But, it was agreed that paying members would retain full access to the course and the course would be meticulously maintained while closed. It's a community course so local residents with golf carts could use their own and outside members could walk.

Played yesterday and had the whole course in perfect condition to myself. Walked and carried my bag.. made me feel like I was 16 again.. but then was reminded this morning that I'm 41.. these hips don't lie..

0411201721.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 8.25°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:titelist-small:  917F2 3 Wood / Project X Evenflow Blue 75g 
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Superstroke Ultra Slim 1.0

All the courses in Thailand were closed down at the end of March, initially until 30th April. The daily count here is getting lower and lower, in our province for the last couple of days there have been no new cases. Hopefully come the end of this month some courses may re-open. (Wishful thinking).

• Like 6

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

• 2 weeks later...

With Texas being one of the first states to loosen restrictions (right or wrong - I don't care for a debate), I think it's safe to say that there won't be anymore closures around me. Any that are currently closed, will probably be opening again soon.

On a related but different note, I get to try a new course on Sunday. It will be interesting to see how it goes as they have removed pins from all greens. It'll be a good experiment to see how many greens I can hit when I go for the middle because there's no flag to aim at. I think I'll also be interested in trying to set myself up with better angles than normal as I will want to see and have access to as much of the green as possible.

• Like 1

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag