TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 Official Member Review: PING G710 Irons

7 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Do all of the testers think they will use the Arccos grips to help with this review?  

Also, what's one thing that excites you most about these irons based on your readings?

Yes I will definitely use the Arccos grips. I currently use the sensors on my current clubs and love them. Provides a great understanding of issues within my game as well as average distances for clubs. Will be highly needed when comparing.

I'm excited to see how much more forgiving these will be than my current gamer (2013 TM Rocketbladez tour). These seem a bit chunkier than my current set but maybe that is what I NEED. If it helps me score better than i'm cool with that.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

On 3/20/2020 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Without further ado, our reviewers will be:

Join me in congratulating these four and in following their reviews here!

Congratulations guys!  Looking forward to your thoughts on these irons!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

28 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Do all of the testers think they will use the Arccos grips to help with this review?  

Also, what's one thing that excites you most about these irons based on your readings?

I plan on it GW. I understand it limits my brand choices sadly, but I like the Tour Velvet and i think it'll make data collecting to really help you guys understand what's going on and help us understand where we are seeing gains. Plus, they're just cool!

As to what excites me, that's a good question! I guess I'll be looking at ease of use. I know I don't get to practice as much as I like with my job, but I'm always looking at stuff that can help. I think these clubs can help make my worst swings decent and my better swings even better.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I tried these out at the PGA Superstore.  I found them to be very harsh feeling and unlike the the claims hard to launch.  I will admit that they are VERY straight and hard to maneuver compared to my Rogue pros.  A guy in my regular foursome got a set - a ping die hard - and I am seeing him hit low bullets which he never did with his G410s.

a. Iron specs (flex, length/lie). Callaway Apex Smoke 4-AW 1" long 3* upright Regular graphite shafts

b. Driver specs (loft/flex). Titleist TiS1 Senior Flex

c. Dexterity (right or left-handed). Right handed

d. Where You Live Jefferson, GA

e. Your handicap or average 18 hole score. 18.6 index

f. Putter - Too many to list! But all are fitted with FlatCat grip.

Hrrm, another thing I got to thinking about looking at specs, and that's the swingweight difference. Stock versions of the g710 are set at C9, my current irons are D1, maybe D2 with the additional shaft weight. Maybe I'll find some speed there? Who knows, I guess we'll discuss that at the fitting whenever that happens.

Edit: Also, worth noting that we're not talking a ton of weight here from C9 to D1 or D2, but every little bit counts when you're searching for optimization.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

One final thought on this tonight and it has to do with set wedge v. specialized wedge. My last set I went through SW loft because of the one length system, but before that set I always went with a specialized wedge for anything past PW loft. I assume I'll probably take on the UW in whatever set I go to but will be interested to discuss the set SW.

I primarily at that loft am still going full swing first over greenside so maybe that'll be a part of what I end up with then maybe a specialized wedge in 58* for around the green, traps, etc? Again, keeping I am open mind and can't wait to find out.

SIK Golf Flo-C

• StrokerAce changed the title to 2020 Official Member Review: PING G710 Irons

Congrats Testers! I'm anxious to see the outcomes. Hopefully they are in areas where they can actually play. 

Ping G400 Max @ 9 degrees

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Cleveland 2009 launcher 4i Hybrid (also a 2i and 1i not currently in the bag)

Ping G700 5-9, PW, GW, SW (Green Dot and 3/4" length addition)

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

All Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize Grips

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Putter 35" w/oversize grip

I've never owned Ping irons but I've always admired them. Interested in seeing how you guys like them in real-world play.  I did buy Ping Glide 3.0 wedges (54 & 58 degree) late last season and they provided an entire set of Arccos sensors with them (a national promotion at the time). I wish the sensors weren't so sensitive to available light, though, as I play mostly early morning golf (1st light if they let me!!) and they were just too hit & miss (pun intended) because of it. I really like the idea of them being built into the grip as I was constantly having to screw the sensor back into the grip end. Almost lost a sensor once.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X w/ LINQ M40X 6F3 Shaft, or Motore X F35R, or Newton 3-Dot

:srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft

:srixon-small: ZX MK II 23 deg Hybrid Iron

:mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts

:titleist-small: SM9 54D & 58M deg wedges

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1 Putter w/Stroke Lab shaft or :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice

Alright, next new question for my fellow testers to consider thinking about, how do foresee your fitting going as far as shaft combinations?

I'm very intrigued by the AWT 2.0 shafts because it always seems these Ping specialized shafts are pretty solid performers, but I also want to see some of these other shafts like Dynamic Gold 105, Modus 105, LZ, and all the graphite options. 

So, do you think you know your flight windows and shaft likes enough to just go in a direction, or all you willing to take a walk on the wild side?

SIK Golf Flo-C

Congrats guys!  As a Ping player, I'm looking forward to your reviews of these irons.

• In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Was really intrigued by these irons coming out of the PGA Show. Really looking forward to hearing everyone's reviews!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

3 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Alright, next new question for my fellow testers to consider thinking about, how do foresee your fitting going as far as shaft combinations?

I'm very intrigued by the AWT 2.0 shafts because it always seems these Ping specialized shafts are pretty solid performers, but I also want to see some of these other shafts like Dynamic Gold 105, Modus 105, LZ, and all the graphite options. 

So, do you think you know your flight windows and shaft likes enough to just go in a direction, or all you willing to take a walk on the wild side?

I could have gamed either the AWT or Modus easily, both fit me well. I am smooth/medium transition and 6 iron is around 80mph swing speed. I ended up going with the Modus in my G410 to get slightly higher launch. My previous set also had Nippon steel shafts, so I think that made it easy to adjust in fittings. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

I went through every shaft possible for the i210 fitting a couple seasons ago, definitely wish I had given graphite a little more of a look... Very happy with my choice but I think given another chance I'd look at their graphite offerings ... 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I plan to go with whatever the fitter recommends. Will be interested to see if i end up with graphite. I have not had an iron fitting in over 7 years and i know my swing has evolved since then.

I would think i need mid/high launch shafts BUT the G710's have so much bounce to get the ball up that it my detract from the shaft. We'll see....

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

2 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

I plan to go with whatever the fitter recommends. Will be interested to see if i end up with graphite. I have not had an iron fitting in over 7 years and i know my swing has evolved since then.

I would think i need mid/high launch shafts BUT the G710's have so much bounce to get the ball up that it my detract from the shaft. We'll see....

See Jon, I'm thinking I'm in the same boat. I too will go with what gets recommended but I've got a hunch I'm ending up in that mid/high shaft category myself, but I will say the counter balanced Alta CB is intriguing.

EDIT: And the reason I find that shaft most intriguing is that one of my main gripes with graphite shafts in irons is that I lose the feel in the head, meaning I just don't know where the club is in space, whenever I tried them at a demo day or a golf shop due to the lower weight. Perhaps the counterbalanced aspect of the Alta CB could fix that? Hard to say.

SIK Golf Flo-C

very keen to have a proper fitting for these irons. Am I the only one that has looked at pretty much every review of them on youtube recently? 😉 

I wont be going in to the fitting and testing with any pre conceived ideas, apart from the fact they have all been pretty positive so far about looks and sound, and ultra positive about dispersion.

My biggest concern about any GI club is the potential 'flier' that has plagued some GI clubs in the past. Callaway Apex springs to mind with numerous reports of 'suddenly' hitting a club 20+ yards further than normal. Consistent testing especially with arccos in the grips will really help answer that one I hope.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

31 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

very keen to have a proper fitting for these irons. Am I the only one that has looked at pretty much every review of them on youtube recently? 😉 

I wont be going in to the fitting and testing with any pre conceived ideas, apart from the fact they have all been pretty positive so far about looks and sound, and ultra positive about dispersion.

My biggest concern about any GI club is the potential 'flier' that has plagued some GI clubs in the past. Callaway Apex springs to mind with numerous reports of 'suddenly' hitting a club 20+ yards further than normal. Consistent testing especially with arccos in the grips will really help answer that one I hope.

oh ive watched everything and anything on these too!

Heard the same thing, the dispersion is great but sound/feel/finish/markups/ etc could be improved. But if i hit more greens i can suck up the other issues.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

Looking forward to the reviews and, like @Rickp, particularly interested in how the finish holds up. I haven't seen these first hand but the satin/gunsmoke colored finish, with the two tone unfinished face, may very well be the coolest looking iron ever. I'd love to test these head to head with my G410's (haven't been able to find a YT test on these).  I do like the look of the closed (i500 like) backside - but have heard these enclosed hollow designs sound "tinny".  I really didn't notice that while hitting the i500's a couple months ago. I'm also interested to see how many opt for the AWT 2.0 shafts - based purely on what their fitting data suggests. For me, those outperformed the Px LTZ 5.5 by a wee bit.  Have fun guys!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Just now, Landy said:

Congrats to all the winners!  Cant wait to hear some feedback.

Please let us know if you went with Power lofts, Standard or Retro when writing your review.

Stay safe!

Well, I can tell you I won't be going with Retro lofts, because according to Ping's website they aren't available on the g710. 😉

SIK Golf Flo-C

Man, just had an realization, weird time to try to go from one length to conventional, especially with potential practice opportunity removed due to Coronavirus. 

SIK Golf Flo-C

On 3/22/2020 at 7:14 AM, JonMUSC08 said:

Im super. excited to get this opportunity. I'm in need of new irons so this came at a perfect time! My wife might be even more excited knowing I will stop talking about getting new ones haha

But I appreciate the love/support from everyone. Looking forward to getting my hands on these. If there is anything specific you are interested in learning about, let us know and we'll provide feedback. ...when we can

Congrats! These were JUST out of my price range - ended up with the TM Sim Max, which are my first new (and fitted) irons ever.  But the 710s were VERY lusted after in my head 🙂 Curious to see how you feel they compare to your Rocketbladez, and if the stronger loft is a help/hindrance?  I'm finding it both rewarding and VERY confusing to suddenly find myself hitting a 7 iron 25 yards further than I'm used to (coming from VERY old Ping Eye 2's that are almost 8 degrees weaker lofted).  

Also, obviously we're in a strange time here, so no rush on any of this - I'm trying to figure out how to build some sort of hitting station in my backyard that doesn't ruin everyone's life 😉

-Swanson

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

On 3/26/2020 at 9:04 AM, Berg Ryman said:

So, I'll jump in here with a look at my past iron history, of which I've never been through a full fitting for. 

The first set of irons I ever had past the box set level was a set of Nike CPR irons, and this was a set before Nike included the CPR hybrid in these iron sets so it was a typical 3-PW set, with nice wide soles. I played these irons through high school and college. They were not very techie, just a red badge cavity back iron with wide soles. I loved those clubs and still have them. Admittedly, and you'll notice this trend, I didn't strike the long irons well on a consistent basis. However, that 3 and 4 iron were good for stingers, punches, and recovery, but maybe not my best weapon off the fairway.

The next set was a controversial selection. You see, I had found a great deal on a brand new set of Adams A7 irons on eBay. I bought them for around 300 bucks, but they were never delivered. Turned out, the guy was a sham artist and I had been had in my early 20's. I called up eBay and threatened to sue the guy unless my money was returned. They helped me get my cash back so I went to Dick's and picked up a similar set, and the set that would take me through the middle part of the 2010's, the Nickent 6DX combo set. This set was Hybrids in 3-5, then 6-PW. Again, I enjoyed playing these clubs for what they were. There was a much up near the top of my bag because I was carrying a 5 wood at 19 and a 19 degree hybrid. The one problem with this set was that the hybrids had a bit of offset and turned them into hook machines if you weren't careful, plus the shafts were regular flex in the graphite, something that I knew wasn't an ideal fit.

Then, we got to my current set, the OG Cobra One Length's in the f7. I kinda self fit these knowing what I knew about shaft performance, my tendencies, and what I was looking for. The set ran 5-SW, but with some interesting modifications. The 5 iron was custom with a graphite Recoil Stiff shaft and I took a degree of loft off it, making it 22 degrees. The rest were stock loft, 1 degree up, with KBS Tour R+ shafts, which did a good job of hitting the windows. I'll be honest in my assessment of these, they did exactly what I wanted them to do as far as consistency, to a point. Yes, you know that some people have issues with long irons in these sets, and that's why I set my 5 iron the way I did, but it still was lacking. I got the flights I wanted out of the higher lofted irons, but on the lower lofts 5 and 6, I just never got the ball flight and launches I was looking for.

So now, the opportunity comes to try a new way. I cannot wait to go through a full iron fitting for the first time. I too, like @JonMUSC08 wonder how my hatred of long irons may exist when it comes to the potential of a 4 iron. I'm keeping a totally open mind as to shafts, both in material and flex. The one thing that does make me sad is that I will not be able to give you guys a full one to one as it relates to my old Cobra set. I have traded that set before I was selected for this testing opportunity for the new fairway woods that make up my bag. Now, I do have old measurements and notes from my practice logs as to distances for carry and total to help in the comparison, so I can give you that information as we ratchet this up. 

As @Golfspy_CG2 mentioned, we are all in a bit of a holding pattern due to what's happening, but you can all rest assured that we are just as willing and ready as you are to get through this. Hopefully this breaks in a safe way soon so that we can all move on safely and without threat. I'll leave you with this potential tease. I have a week vacation I need to take from work before April 30, and it's not like flights are that expensive, plus Phoenix is nice this time of year compared to the Syracuse area. 😉

Super appreciate you taking the time to walk us through this - feels like you're coming from a very similar place as myself prior to getting fitted to my current set (which I managed to do one week before all of Cali was shut down - well done, me).  The gains in distance are REAL, but also...not? I mean, my current 7 iron (playing TM Sim Max) is 28.5 degrees - my previous 7 iron (Ping Eye 2 that I got used ages ago) was 36 degrees - that's literally two clubs + difference (Usually hit my previous 5 iron about 175, and easily hitting this new 7-iron 180, minimum).  So it's a lot of getting used to new lofts when choosing a club - but with the benefit of them being easier to hit.  Curious if you have the same experience - the 710s were slightly out of my price bracket, sadly, as I LOVED the look of them.

Good luck, and as a former-East Coaster, be safe and travel someplace warm as soon as you can - no place better to practice your social distancing than on a golf course in Arizona, I'd have to imagine.

-Swanson

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

6 hours ago, Jondough said:

Super appreciate you taking the time to walk us through this - feels like you're coming from a very similar place as myself prior to getting fitted to my current set (which I managed to do one week before all of Cali was shut down - well done, me).  The gains in distance are REAL, but also...not? I mean, my current 7 iron (playing TM Sim Max) is 28.5 degrees - my previous 7 iron (Ping Eye 2 that I got used ages ago) was 36 degrees - that's literally two clubs + difference (Usually hit my previous 5 iron about 175, and easily hitting this new 7-iron 180, minimum).  So it's a lot of getting used to new lofts when choosing a club - but with the benefit of them being easier to hit.  Curious if you have the same experience - the 710s were slightly out of my price bracket, sadly, as I LOVED the look of them.

Good luck, and as a former-East Coaster, be safe and travel someplace warm as soon as you can - no place better to practice your social distancing than on a golf course in Arizona, I'd have to imagine.

-Swanson

Yes always take a look at lofts! thats how they get ya. The G710's are the same lofts as my currents set. Same with the P790s i just ordered. Very important to monitor that because its not true distance gained if they are not the same lofts (unless the newer set is a weaker loft of course).

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

7 hours ago, Jondough said:

Congrats! These were JUST out of my price range - ended up with the TM Sim Max, which are my first new (and fitted) irons ever.  But the 710s were VERY lusted after in my head 🙂 Curious to see how you feel they compare to your Rocketbladez, and if the stronger loft is a help/hindrance?  I'm finding it both rewarding and VERY confusing to suddenly find myself hitting a 7 iron 25 yards further than I'm used to (coming from VERY old Ping Eye 2's that are almost 8 degrees weaker lofted).  

Also, obviously we're in a strange time here, so no rush on any of this - I'm trying to figure out how to build some sort of hitting station in my backyard that doesn't ruin everyone's life 😉

-Swanson

Ha i hear ya, irons are getting very expensive these days.

It will definitely take some time to figure out my new distances. My 7-iron is typically 150 and i expect these to be like 165-170. Hopefully i can do a gapping session too!

Coming from those Eye2's, the Sim Max had to be WAY different. But in a good way too! The Eye2's are classic and great but those lofts are tough to play these days.

Fortunately my golf course is still open so i'll be able to get out as soon as we get fitted and get the clubs in hand.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

15 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Well, I guess now I've drawn us into battle with the Titleist thread. More intrigue for sure!

@GolfSpy MPR & @Berg Ryman we need to set up a spreadsheet or "contest" to see who improves the most from the Titleist/Ping irons. We would need to incorporate handicap into it but could be great for some content.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

So guys, friendly update. Ping has closed production through April. We thank you for your continuing questions, thoughts, and opinions in the thread and can't wait to provide you with some hopefully killer content once this passes. I know we're itching to get out there, but together we can stay in and beat this thing together. Can't wait to see you all on the other side!

SIK Golf Flo-C