Jump to content

2020 Official Member Review: PING G710 Irons


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

12 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

So, @perseveringgolfer, getting excited for this week?

meant to ask, what format do they want videos in and how did you send to them? i.e email or whatsapp etc, sorry to ask but havent heard back from them since booking, hoping they have my details ok.

  • Like 2

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Official Review Thread: PING G710 Irons It's a special joy for me to announce the reviewers of the PING G710 irons. PING iron tests are always among our most-applied-for, (dare I say) most

Hey all, here are my initial impression on these clubs hope you enjoy! Pre-Arrival/Arrival: After my virtual fitting with PING, the communication was honestly top notch. Bill, who is a Head-

Update  Due to some recent circumstances MCasey felt he would not be able to give 100% attention to this testing.  And being the 1st class guy and member that he is, he offered to step aside so s

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

meant to ask, what format do they want videos in and how did you send to them? i.e email or whatsapp etc, sorry to ask but havent heard back from them since booking, hoping they have my details ok.

So I just took mine in my phone, emailed them to the email they sent me detailing the info. You may need to send more than one email if only because of file size.

  • Like 2

  :mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well clubs are en route due here Wednesday at 8pm....round is booked for 730 Thursday....not wasting any time, time to put these things to work! 

  • Like 9

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Like 4

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the beauty’s are here! Left a little teaser on here for you guys until tomorrow. Will have a full write up on my first impressions and first round with them. Stay tuned until tomorrow 1PM EST!

E7FCFD21-BE09-4C5F-91FD-C48A07C3A919.jpeg

  • Like 5

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now what is that I spot leaned up against my Garage?

lnuc3ikm.jpg

  • Like 8

  :mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Well the beauty’s are here! Left a little teaser on here for you guys until tomorrow. Will have a full write up on my first impressions and first round with them. Stay tuned until tomorrow 1PM EST!

E7FCFD21-BE09-4C5F-91FD-C48A07C3A919.jpeg

 

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Now what is that I spot leaned up against my Garage?

lnuc3ikm.jpg

Come on boys! Don’t make us wait! Show us some of the beautiful black finish! 

  • Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

 

#cuetheduckboats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Now what is that I spot leaned up against my Garage?
lnuc3ikm.jpg

Hope it’s not a new Ball Retriever
OK, open it up please


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

Well I figured it would be rude of me to leave them outside, so I brought them inside and put them on the old couch!

l2L1GWim.jpg

 

So, couple of things, first major props to Ping for getting these out in a week, right after they reopened after Covid to have them this quick is mental. Second, I love those world famous Ping Neoprene Covers they ship the irons in. I took of picture of everything with them on and they are currently hanging out in the bottom drawer of my dresser to cover them if/when I travel with them to make sure they hold up. Lastly, I registered the clubs with Ping so my molds and specs are preserved, a super easy and informative process. But, I know you're here for pictures... so let's get to it.

edeJeQjm.jpg

EOrR6oSm.jpg

hndet5dm.jpg

7eSeo6um.jpg

AUbmDzvm.jpg

EtTCgZHm.jpg

 

So, first impressions. The Stealth finish is sexy and I will be intrigued to see how it holds up. It does slim the iron to the eye and the only iron I see out the back of is the 4 iron at address. When I get to the range or course I'll have pictures at address to show you what I mean. Second, it does feel a bit different to have some clubs longer and shorter than a base length. The one length withdrawal may be real, so I'll need the help the G710 will provide. Third, the weight on these is spot on and I understand why people loke these Modus shafts. Lastly, the grips feel tacky and have a nice new fresh grip smell, big fan.

Also worth mentioning here, I did go with the smart grips, so I quickly paired them up with Arccos Caddie on my Android. I know there's been issues with Android for some so I'll see if the app and interface has gotten better. I'll be using my Galaxy Note 10 I got for Christmas to see how it holds up. One nifty thing Ping has done to make the pairing process simple is that they threw a QR code to pair all the clubs at one on the back of the 4 iron. It sped up the process with the only weird thing now being that the UW, really the Gap Wedge, is now listed as my Ultra Lob Wedge. I could re pair that, but it's fine. Also after pairing them, I got the notification that I'll be being shipped the rest of the sensors to fill out the bag. Top class.

So, I'll close with this WSITBK (What's sorta in the bag, kinda). I've got additional wedges coming soon and I have to get grips on the woods, but it's a brand new day for Berg's bag.

juI2c64m.jpg

that finish looks great!  Looking forward to seeing you guys test out its durability.

  • Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x vs :Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

 

#cuetheduckboats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.816fe0ef888d53db80a03f9e74a004f0.png 

I'll be following your observations guys, congrats on getting your sticks.

  • Like 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

 :titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

  :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Quick Recap

Date: 5/13/2020

Webfit/Zoom call with Bill Iseri (Head Master Fitter) from Ping. Awesome guy, very knowledgeable and wanted to ensure my transition to the G710's was a smooth one. We talked about Ping and the strong Family-feel environment; from my impression, its a tight-knit group and they truely appreciate their employees and those playing Ping clubs.

Set:

  • 4-W,  UW, SW
  • stiff KBS tour shafts  (same as current gamers)
  • Blue dot 
  • D1.0 swing weight
  • Tour velvet grips w/ Arccos

Initial First Impressions

Clubs arrived: 5/19/2020 (greatly appreciate the quick turnaround!!)

(Picture dump w/ thoughts)

Box arrived quicker than expected; 1 week.including assembly and shipping from Arizona to South Carolina. Especially with all the Covid stuff going on AND a smaller staff at Ping. They made it known how much they value reviews and appreciate the MGS community.

Picture1.thumb.jpg.cfa3c371e5c740290c5ddb131e4e6fa6.jpg

 

Club heads protected from banging into one another and pre-maturely scratching one another. Make sure im the first one to do that!

p2.thumb.jpg.3bc0839f84d3872c37a00dc641aa18da.jpg

 

Arccos sensors in the Tour Velvet grips

p3.thumb.jpg.ba2db472e0303a3e583fa5f151001bd6.jpg

 

Black PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) Hydropearl Finish.

What the heck is PVD: Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) is a process to produce a metal vapor (titanium, chromium and aluminum) that can be deposited on electrically conductive materials as a thin highly adhered pure metal or alloy coating. A coating applied by PVD is durable but not invincible. Scratches will be much more visible simply because of contrast between the usually dark coating and much lighter base metal. Unlike stainless steel, PVD is more expensive to repair.

p6.thumb.jpg.fc06b0125944e5d1b67ea8847f8f30d3.jpg

 

Initial top-down address: Looks GREAT. The black does make it seem smaller. Its a sleek look! I prefer a thin top-line look and these seem to match that profile. I was worried bout being able to see the cavity behind it but i do not notice it. The below picture is of the SW and the one below it is the 4-iron. I like the address, I feel confident already.

p7.thumb.jpg.5b5fe22143c8899b6c0af785e2adbef1.jpg

 

4-iron. The offset is more than i thought it might be. But maybe thats what i need in order to hit a 4-iron haha.

p8.thumb.jpg.59d53b50e1d98243dcddf3e5de5e6cd5.jpg

5013CA55-922F-4DEB-BC3C-22EF835E0FC6_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.38879c39cab3e3bc0ce723cf8bad433b.jpeg

7AA4CCE4-A166-4D96-853C-D41859743CEC_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.73132a5ff1111fa28418ec8171168b0e.jpeg

 

SW squared up with a ball at address. The white line on the bottom does help to align. As you can see, my driving range was heavy on the sand...

p10.thumb.jpg.845c5a34506e4fe91a5c5436dee5f31f.jpg

 

Quick Range Session:

Had 1 hour to hit the range real quick after the clubs came in! Brought both my current gamers (TM Rocketbladz Tour) and the new G710's.

Stopped by the putting/chipping green first....

Hit 10 shots with my Titleist Vokey 56deg SW to a pin 10-15yds away (pic below). It was Ok... The Vokey wedge feels like you gotta clip it just right. I couldn't get real consistent on it. Duffed like 2 shots too. (the balls on the back fringe were from the G710 SW shots)

The G710 SW felt great on the next 10 shots (2nd pic below). Very surprised how well I liked it. It does have a larger sole which improves the turf interaction. I consistently hit chip after chip in a tighter dispersion. Almost holed out 2-3 shots too.

618255107_oldsw.jpg.54ccf0dba3bfae9b33014fe944874cb6.jpg

SW.jpg.c4876d1e4746512f6a466a2a726e9451.jpg

Range Session: 655.16 kB · 0 downloads

I was able to hit the range for about 2 small buckets of balls. As you can see from a photo above, the range was heavily sanded so that didnt help. On top of it, there were 10-15mph winds into my face the whole time. Tough to make determinations on distances. Compared shots from my gamers to these back'n forth.

** I'm going to leave the scoring to a later review when i've had time to evaluate on the course **

Sound/ Feel: Sounded and felt GREAT. They are a softer stainless steel and feel very much like a forged iron no matter where i hit the ball on the club. Never felt any stingers. The G710's have a very solid sound on contact. (Hear the sound in the video above. Video makes them seem a bit more 'thud' then they really are. The feel is excellent to that helps too)

Looks: Slightly larger in size than i am used to. I can get over that as long as they perform well. The black PVD finish is a cool look but not sure on its durability. It does seem smaller due to the black 'stealth' finish. Top-line is thinner than I anticipated. Offset is greater than I am used to. I do like the look overall as it is something different than the normal chrome finish that everyone is used to.

Distance/ Forgiveness / Accuracy: I started with the Wedge (PW) and moved to 7 and then 4 iron. Very tough to judge distance due to the wind in my face as strong as it was. The ability to get the ball off the ground and airborne was very easy. Turf interaction is great as long as i hit down and through the ball. A lot of my issues are the indian and not the arrow. I had a tendency to fade the ball quite a bit which i will need to work on. Not sure if its a fitting issue, a change in the amount of offset im used to, or just bad swings... My real question going into these clubs was whether or not i could hit the 4-iron... I replaced my current 4iron with a 4 hybrid bc of my inability to hit my current gamer. i LOVED this G710 4-iron. I was crushing it against the wind. When id hit a good one, it was 190-195 carry into the wind. The height on it was great! Forgiveness seemed very good. I know I do not always hit the center mass but most shots seemed to have a solid distance for my inconsistency.

Trajectory: Very easy to get up and airborne. The Height was remarkable and consistent. The trajectory was a bit higher than my gamers yet provides more distance at a lower loft! We'll see how well they stop on the greens soon but im not too worried.

*Update to hitting balls at the range. Was able to hit some old balls from my father-in-laws yard and hit them GREAT. Slight draw today. Hit a bunch of great 7-iron and 4-iron shots. Hoping to hit the course tmrw.

Conclusion: A lot to like here. Looking forward to seeing how they perform on the course. Obviously get out to the range and hit them even more. Looking forward to working with them more. The finish has held up pretty well so far. I've enjoyed the shorter clubs/wedges so far; very easy to consistently chip and pitch with. The 2 wraps of tape under the grip seems to feel comfortable for me too; something i've never tampered with. Consistency is king for me so i'll keep yall posted as I put rounds on them!

**Please ask questions if I may have left out info you're looking for**

84FDAB33-D593-40D9-810B-56DF2D9AFA5B_1_201_a.jpeg

p9.jpg

Nice work my man! Question, what's the bounce on your Vokey?

  • Like 4

  :mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

Quick Recap

Date: 5/13/2020

Webfit/Zoom call with Bill Iseri (Head Master Fitter) from Ping. Awesome guy, very knowledgeable and wanted to ensure my transition to the G710's was a smooth one. We talked about Ping and the strong Family-feel environment; from my impression, its a tight-knit group and they truely appreciate their employees and those playing Ping clubs.

Set:

  • 4-W,  UW, SW
  • stiff KBS tour shafts  (same as current gamers)
  • Blue dot 
  • D1.0 swing weight
  • Tour velvet grips w/ Arccos

Initial First Impressions

Clubs arrived: 5/19/2020 (greatly appreciate the quick turnaround!!)

(Picture dump w/ thoughts)

Box arrived quicker than expected; 1 week.including assembly and shipping from Arizona to South Carolina. Especially with all the Covid stuff going on AND a smaller staff at Ping. They made it known how much they value reviews and appreciate the MGS community.

Picture1.thumb.jpg.cfa3c371e5c740290c5ddb131e4e6fa6.jpg

 

Club heads protected from banging into one another and pre-maturely scratching one another. Make sure im the first one to do that!

p2.thumb.jpg.3bc0839f84d3872c37a00dc641aa18da.jpg

 

Arccos sensors in the Tour Velvet grips

p3.thumb.jpg.ba2db472e0303a3e583fa5f151001bd6.jpg

 

Black PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) Hydropearl Finish.

What the heck is PVD: Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) is a process to produce a metal vapor (titanium, chromium and aluminum) that can be deposited on electrically conductive materials as a thin highly adhered pure metal or alloy coating. A coating applied by PVD is durable but not invincible. Scratches will be much more visible simply because of contrast between the usually dark coating and much lighter base metal. Unlike stainless steel, PVD is more expensive to repair.

p6.thumb.jpg.fc06b0125944e5d1b67ea8847f8f30d3.jpg

 

Initial top-down address: Looks GREAT. The black does make it seem smaller. Its a sleek look! I prefer a thin top-line look and these seem to match that profile. I was worried bout being able to see the cavity behind it but i do not notice it. The below picture is of the SW and the one below it is the 4-iron. I like the address, I feel confident already.

p7.thumb.jpg.5b5fe22143c8899b6c0af785e2adbef1.jpg

 

4-iron. The offset is more than i thought it might be. But maybe thats what i need in order to hit a 4-iron haha.

p8.thumb.jpg.59d53b50e1d98243dcddf3e5de5e6cd5.jpg

5013CA55-922F-4DEB-BC3C-22EF835E0FC6_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.38879c39cab3e3bc0ce723cf8bad433b.jpeg

7AA4CCE4-A166-4D96-853C-D41859743CEC_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.73132a5ff1111fa28418ec8171168b0e.jpeg

 

SW squared up with a ball at address. The white line on the bottom does help to align. As you can see, my driving range was heavy on the sand...

p10.thumb.jpg.845c5a34506e4fe91a5c5436dee5f31f.jpg

 

Quick Range Session:

Had 1 hour to hit the range real quick after the clubs came in! Brought both my current gamers (TM Rocketbladz Tour) and the new G710's.

Stopped by the putting/chipping green first....

Hit 10 shots with my Titleist Vokey 56deg SW to a pin 10-15yds away (pic below). It was Ok... The Vokey wedge feels like you gotta clip it just right. I couldn't get real consistent on it. Duffed like 2 shots too. (the balls on the back fringe were from the G710 SW shots)

The G710 SW felt great on the next 10 shots (2nd pic below). Very surprised how well I liked it. It does have a larger sole which improves the turf interaction. I consistently hit chip after chip in a tighter dispersion. Almost holed out 2-3 shots too.

618255107_oldsw.jpg.54ccf0dba3bfae9b33014fe944874cb6.jpg

SW.jpg.c4876d1e4746512f6a466a2a726e9451.jpg

Range Session: 655.16 kB · 0 downloads

I was able to hit the range for about 2 small buckets of balls. As you can see from a photo above, the range was heavily sanded so that didnt help. On top of it, there were 10-15mph winds into my face the whole time. Tough to make determinations on distances. Compared shots from my gamers to these back'n forth.

** I'm going to leave the scoring to a later review when i've had time to evaluate on the course **

Sound/ Feel: Sounded and felt GREAT. They are a softer stainless steel and feel very much like a forged iron no matter where i hit the ball on the club. Never felt any stingers. The G710's have a very solid sound on contact. (Hear the sound in the video above. Video makes them seem a bit more 'thud' then they really are. The feel is excellent to that helps too)

Looks: Slightly larger in size than i am used to. I can get over that as long as they perform well. The black PVD finish is a cool look but not sure on its durability. It does seem smaller due to the black 'stealth' finish. Top-line is thinner than I anticipated. Offset is greater than I am used to. I do like the look overall as it is something different than the normal chrome finish that everyone is used to.

Distance/ Forgiveness / Accuracy: I started with the Wedge (PW) and moved to 7 and then 4 iron. Very tough to judge distance due to the wind in my face as strong as it was. The ability to get the ball off the ground and airborne was very easy. Turf interaction is great as long as i hit down and through the ball. A lot of my issues are the indian and not the arrow. I had a tendency to fade the ball quite a bit which i will need to work on. Not sure if its a fitting issue, a change in the amount of offset im used to, or just bad swings... My real question going into these clubs was whether or not i could hit the 4-iron... I replaced my current 4iron with a 4 hybrid bc of my inability to hit my current gamer. i LOVED this G710 4-iron. I was crushing it against the wind. When id hit a good one, it was 190-195 carry into the wind. The height on it was great! Forgiveness seemed very good. I know I do not always hit the center mass but most shots seemed to have a solid distance for my inconsistency.

Trajectory: Very easy to get up and airborne. The Height was remarkable and consistent. The trajectory was a bit higher than my gamers yet provides more distance at a lower loft! We'll see how well they stop on the greens soon but im not too worried.

*Update to hitting balls at the range. Was able to hit some old balls from my father-in-laws yard and hit them GREAT. Slight draw today. Hit a bunch of great 7-iron and 4-iron shots. Hoping to hit the course tmrw.

Conclusion: A lot to like here. Looking forward to seeing how they perform on the course. Obviously get out to the range and hit them even more. Looking forward to working with them more. The finish has held up pretty well so far. I've enjoyed the shorter clubs/wedges so far; very easy to consistently chip and pitch with. The 2 wraps of tape under the grip seems to feel comfortable for me too; something i've never tampered with. Consistency is king for me so i'll keep yall posted as I put rounds on them!

**Please ask questions if I may have left out info you're looking for**

84FDAB33-D593-40D9-810B-56DF2D9AFA5B_1_201_a.jpeg

p9.jpg

Damn Jon that’s setting the bar high! He’ll of a write up so far right there nice work. We have our work cut out for us

  • Like 5

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice start all you testers!  Like a bunch of kids in a candy store - one would think you've all been stoved up in the house for awhile 😆.  

  • Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sneak peak? How many yays lol? Quick picture but will do a nice write up tomorrow like I said! Can not wait 730 cannot get here fast enough
7D563155-1069-40F7-B892-51D20B676998.thumb.jpeg.9a97aa94491d4fe4bfcf225b7b804a12.jpeg
2A585CCE-BA9E-4C3D-A84F-7F120E8AD45E.thumb.jpeg.d1218b4584f1a90493ab53b734b42c26.jpeg
C9611D85-5ED7-4BF7-B5B2-029E06B72A0A.thumb.jpeg.339ab177d772a0f1c90ae503f2854f2f.jpeg
3AF2D675-1A5D-4014-9513-9C53F84AC477.thumb.jpeg.e6397be18476cc311764269f62e86cd1.jpeg

Very nice


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
Well I figured it would be rude of me to leave them outside, so I brought them inside and put them on the old couch!
l2L1GWim.jpg
 
So, couple of things, first major props to Ping for getting these out in a week, right after they reopened after Covid to have them this quick is mental. Second, I love those world famous Ping Neoprene Covers they ship the irons in. I took of picture of everything with them on and they are currently hanging out in the bottom drawer of my dresser to cover them if/when I travel with them to make sure they hold up. Lastly, I registered the clubs with Ping so my molds and specs are preserved, a super easy and informative process. But, I know you're here for pictures... so let's get to it.
edeJeQjm.jpg
EOrR6oSm.jpg
hndet5dm.jpg
7eSeo6um.jpg
AUbmDzvm.jpg
EtTCgZHm.jpg
 
So, first impressions. The Stealth finish is sexy and I will be intrigued to see how it holds up. It does slim the iron to the eye and the only iron I see out the back of is the 4 iron at address. When I get to the range or course I'll have pictures at address to show you what I mean. Second, it does feel a bit different to have some clubs longer and shorter than a base length. The one length withdrawal may be real, so I'll need the help the G710 will provide. Third, the weight on these is spot on and I understand why people loke these Modus shafts. Lastly, the grips feel tacky and have a nice new fresh grip smell, big fan.
Also worth mentioning here, I did go with the smart grips, so I quickly paired them up with Arccos Caddie on my Android. I know there's been issues with Android for some so I'll see if the app and interface has gotten better. I'll be using my Galaxy Note 10 I got for Christmas to see how it holds up. One nifty thing Ping has done to make the pairing process simple is that they threw a QR code to pair all the clubs at one on the back of the 4 iron. It sped up the process with the only weird thing now being that the UW, really the Gap Wedge, is now listed as my Ultra Lob Wedge. I could re pair that, but it's fine. Also after pairing them, I got the notification that I'll be being shipped the rest of the sensors to fill out the bag. Top class.
So, I'll close with this WSITBK (What's sorta in the bag, kinda). I've got additional wedges coming soon and I have to get grips on the woods, but it's a brand new day for Berg's bag.
juI2c64m.jpg

Stealth setup.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nice work my man! Question, what's the bounce on your Vokey?

Lefty Love


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...