TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maltby TS1 Irons

bens197

19 hours ago, brendalonian said:

I've been gaming the Wilson D7 Forged since last summer and I was pretty shocked when I saw they carry an MPF score of 438. But then again, my distance and lateral dispersion with them is pretty erratic. Seeing as how inexpensive the TE Forged heads are, I decided to build three 6 irons in different shafts for some testing. 

Even with an MPF of 788, I didn't expect the TE to be ultra forgiving given its compact shape. After four driving range sessions and one 9-hole round, I have been incredibly impressed by how much forgiveness this club provides. The carry distance is down a tad from my Wilsons due to the weaker lofts, but the distance consistency appears, thus far, to be superior. I'm finding a groove with one of the shafts in particular and I feel like I'm throwing darts with this club. 

It feels weird to consider replacing a 1.5 year old model with an 11 year old model, but I suppose Maltby/GolfWorks hasn't replaced it because it works and still sells. I too echo @WalterS's question about the longevity of the grooves and wonder if the DBM version would hold up better over time. 

Good to hear you're liking the TEs too. Yes I wonder if the DBM version's grooves hold up longer. I guess one option would be to buy a spare set of TE heads before they stop making them.

4 hours ago, WalterS said:

Good to hear you're liking the TEs too. Yes I wonder if the DBM version's grooves hold up longer. I guess one option would be to buy a spare set of TE heads before they stop making them.

From what I've read, the DBM treatment make the metal marginally harder and thus prolonging groove life by a little. Honestly, at $250/set for 8 irons, having a second set waiting wouldn't be a bad idea. The club pack is $259 with the Score LT shafts so you can buy that for only $10 - $20 more than the heads alone which would be a no-brainer. I doubt Maltby stops making the TE heads anytime soon but Britt Lindsey did say on the Maltby forum that a new forging will be out in 2022. At $250/set, it's unlikely you will take a massive loss on the heads if you don't end up using them. Plus, you could buy four sets of TEs before you hit the price of any mainstream OEM offering. 

There are two things that will keep the DBM irons grooves fresher. 1, the DBM finish is not a coating but a chemical process that goes into the metal... not on. So there is nothing to wear off the grooves. 

2, the metal is quite a bit harder now and wears far slower. 

So other than graying in color I have never seen the grooves of a set of DBM irons degrade much more than a rock nick here and there. 

5 minutes ago, Popeye64 said:

There are two things that will keep the DBM irons grooves fresher. 1, the DBM finish is not a coating but a chemical process that goes into the metal... not on. So there is nothing to wear off the grooves. 

2, the metal is quite a bit harder now and wears far slower. 

So other than graying in color I have never seen the grooves of a set of DBM irons degrade much more than a rock nick here and there. 

This makes sense. Given the manufacturing processes that creates a harder surface in the DBM, do you think there is a noticeable difference in feel versus the TE? The TE's feel so buttery. 

Dexterity: RH

Driver:taylormade-small: Sim Max 9˚

3 Wood:Sub70: 939x

4h & 5h:Sub70: 939x

4i-PW: MALTBY TE Forged

Wedges:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52˚ & 58˚

Putter:edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1 or :Snell: MTB-X Optic Yellow

Data Collection:ShotScope: V3

42 minutes ago, brendalonian said:

This makes sense. Given the manufacturing processes that creates a harder surface in the DBM, do you think there is a noticeable difference in feel versus the TE? The TE's feel so buttery. 

Yes the feel and sound does change a bit. TE feel is as good as any forged head. DBM just is not as soft. Maybe a clicker sound. 

39 minutes ago, brendalonian said:

GolfWorks claims they feel the same. I have a feeling the difference would be more mental than anything. It's important to remember that the TEs have a chrome coating over the top affecting feel unlike the DBMs. The biggest difference is that the DBMs are 1 degree stronger lofted. I also went back to the Maltby forum and in a recent post Britt said they have a progressive cavity back forging quite a ways along in the design process with their next muscle back coming out in 2022.

I have a feeling Golfworks is looking to move on from the TE design eventually but I would be surprised if it is within the next year. I have a feeling if their new forged designs are good, the TE and DBM will go away. My gut says they TE may not be a real profitable product at $29/head like it probably used to be. I'm willing to bet that Maltby doesn't make a forged head that costs under $45 within the next three years. 

The TE is known as a Legacy head. It's been produced in a form for what has to be nearly 15 years probably closer to 20. A true timeless design. I'm pretty sure they have enough for one more model year. The MMB was another head that live a very long life. 

The TS-1 and TS-2 have approached all time sales records if not already there. . So that's what killed the PTM. The TS-1 also killed the MMB-17.  Britt has been working on the new forging for quite a while and hoped it would have already been here. The KE4 Tour replacement is just around the corner as well. Another legacy head that's been tweaked forever. 

On 5/6/2021 at 2:05 PM, Kansas King said:

GolfWorks claims they feel the same. I have a feeling the difference would be more mental than anything. It's important to remember that the TEs have a chrome coating over the top affecting feel unlike the DBMs. The biggest difference is that the DBMs are 1 degree stronger lofted. I also went back to the Maltby forum and in a recent post Britt said they have a progressive cavity back forging quite a ways along in the design process with their next muscle back coming out in 2022.

I have a feeling Golfworks is looking to move on from the TE design eventually but I would be surprised if it is within the next year. I have a feeling if their new forged designs are good, the TE and DBM will go away. My gut says they TE may not be a real profitable product at $29/head like it probably used to be. I'm willing to bet that Maltby doesn't make a forged head that costs under $45 within the next three years. 

On 5/6/2021 at 5:08 PM, Popeye64 said:

The TE is known as a Legacy head. It's been produced in a form for what has to be nearly 15 years probably closer to 20. A true timeless design. I'm pretty sure they have enough for one more model year. The MMB was another head that live a very long life. 

The TS-1 and TS-2 have approached all time sales records if not already there. . So that's what killed the PTM. The TS-1 also killed the MMB-17.  Britt has been working on the new forging for quite a while and hoped it would have already been here. The KE4 Tour replacement is just around the corner as well. Another legacy head that's been tweaked forever. 

I don't know how long the TE have been out, but considering just how good this head is I can't see why they would stop making it, I prefer it over my Mizuno MPs. New is not always better and I don't know how much better you can get over the TE. Some say the TS1 is better, I don't know I have never tried them. Maybe more people bought them because they have the muscle back look over a cavity backed TE. Well when it comes time to replace a few of my TE heads and they aren't available anymore hopefully Britt will have a newer model that is just as good. Time will tell.

2 hours ago, WalterS said:

I don't know how long the TE have been out, but considering just how good this head is I can't see why they would stop making it, I prefer it over my Mizuno MPs. New is not always better and I don't know how much better you can get over the TE. Some say the TS1 is better, I don't know I have never tried them. Maybe more people bought them because they have the muscle back look over a cavity backed TE. Well when it comes time to replace a few of my TE heads and they aren't available anymore hopefully Britt will have a newer model that is just as good. Time will tell.

The first real rendition of these was the M-05 Logic Tradition started back in 2003. They went through small tweaks for years but have always been one of the best sellers. The final version is the TE and honestly if they keep selling they will keep making them. Time may have finally caught up with the design.. though it has been timeless. 

The new TS3 is a very promising progressive cavity back that will be a true forged club. I have very high hoped for this head and it probably won't be till late winter spring. He still has not released pictures yet. 

TS-1 is all the latest bells and whistles in tech so it's tough for the TE to keep up. Sounds like the TS3 will be right between the two. 

On 5/10/2021 at 1:17 PM, Popeye64 said:

The first real rendition of these was the M-05 Logic Tradition started back in 2003. They went through small tweaks for years but have always been one of the best sellers. The final version is the TE and honestly if they keep selling they will keep making them. Time may have finally caught up with the design.. though it has been timeless. 

The new TS3 is a very promising progressive cavity back that will be a true forged club. I have very high hoped for this head and it probably won't be till late winter spring. He still has not released pictures yet. 

TS-1 is all the latest bells and whistles in tech so it's tough for the TE to keep up. Sounds like the TS3 will be right between the two. 

Well in that case I hope the new TS3 version has the same lofts and offsets as the TE, if so then I would give them a try when the time comes.

10 hours ago, WalterS said:

Well in that case I hope the new TS3 version has the same lofts and offsets as the TE, if so then I would give them a try when the time comes.

I'm not sure in this day and age they will stay with traditional lofts. I know they won't be distance Iron lofts but they will not be the TE lofts. I would also expect a progressive offset but minimal.

On 5/10/2021 at 2:17 PM, Popeye64 said:

On 5/11/2021 at 2:20 PM, WalterS said:

On 5/12/2021 at 1:14 AM, Popeye64 said:

I'm not sure in this day and age they will stay with traditional lofts. I know they won't be distance Iron lofts but they will not be the TE lofts. I would also expect a progressive offset but minimal.

I fully expect Maltby to try and replace the TE/DBM in the coming year or two. Between the new cavity and muscle back they will be coming out with over the year or two, I would expect the TE to disappear. I'm sure the TE still sells okay but the TS1 and TS2 have surely taken much of it's sales away. The one thing I will be curious of with whatever they build to potentially replace the TE is how low the VCOG will be. The TE has a very low VCOG of 0.675" that significantly lower that any other modern Maltby line. Most new Maltby clubs have VCOGs around 0.75" which is good but I have a feeling the very low VCOG of the TE is one of the things that has made it so special over the years. The combination of low VCOG, adequate MOI, non-progressive low offset, thin topline, and moderately forgiving sole has made the club a real "goldilocks" if not borderline unicorn in the golf world. I think the only clubs that perform similarly are some of the Bridgestone cavity back irons and the slightly older Callaway X-Forged cavity backs from roughly 2007 - 2013. 

My ultimate hope for a TE replacement is really just a more cosmetic redesign that maintains the current mass and dimensional properties similar. I think the biggest thing we may see is a change to progressive offset and stronger lofts. Hopefully the progressive offset isn't too severe because I play with the MMB 17s and the progressive offset is a little strong to say the least. I enjoy the forgiveness they provide but the longer irons aren't exactly the prettiest to look down to at address. I've hit a TE and really liked it. I may order a set but I get along so well with my MMB 17s, I'm not in a rush. I really wish their were more fitters that had Maltby heads to try. I don't mind building sample irons but it would be easier to see a fitter and try 5 different shafts on a launch monitor than play the guessing game by having to install different shafts on different days. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 10:00 AM, Kansas King said:

I fully expect Maltby to try and replace the TE/DBM in the coming year or two. Between the new cavity and muscle back they will be coming out with over the year or two, I would expect the TE to disappear. I'm sure the TE still sells okay but the TS1 and TS2 have surely taken much of it's sales away. The one thing I will be curious of with whatever they build to potentially replace the TE is how low the VCOG will be. The TE has a very low VCOG of 0.675" that significantly lower that any other modern Maltby line. Most new Maltby clubs have VCOGs around 0.75" which is good but I have a feeling the very low VCOG of the TE is one of the things that has made it so special over the years. The combination of low VCOG, adequate MOI, non-progressive low offset, thin topline, and moderately forgiving sole has made the club a real "goldilocks" if not borderline unicorn in the golf world. I think the only clubs that perform similarly are some of the Bridgestone cavity back irons and the slightly older Callaway X-Forged cavity backs from roughly 2007 - 2013. 

My ultimate hope for a TE replacement is really just a more cosmetic redesign that maintains the current mass and dimensional properties similar. I think the biggest thing we may see is a change to progressive offset and stronger lofts. Hopefully the progressive offset isn't too severe because I play with the MMB 17s and the progressive offset is a little strong to say the least. I enjoy the forgiveness they provide but the longer irons aren't exactly the prettiest to look down to at address. I've hit a TE and really liked it. I may order a set but I get along so well with my MMB 17s, I'm not in a rush. I really wish their were more fitters that had Maltby heads to try. I don't mind building sample irons but it would be easier to see a fitter and try 5 different shafts on a launch monitor than play the guessing game by having to install different shafts on different days. 

Yes I'd have to agree with you on all your points about the TEs. Cosmetic redesign okay no problem, but keep the low VCOG and the offsets or lack of offsets, this is what I like about them.

Was originally excited about a PING G425 order I had placed back on April 13th ... was misinformed that it would be shipped last Monday (5th week from order date), only to be notified shortly thereafter that it'll be another 5 to 6 weeks. Order cxld. 

Just pulled the trigger and ordered Maltby's TS1s in PW and GW heads. I'll have a local club-fitter fit them with the Nippon 105s from my TM M1 irons. 

Both curious and excited to see the results and how these perform. 

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

8 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Was originally excited about a PING G425 order I had placed back on April 13th ... was misinformed that it would be shipped last Monday (5th week from order date), only to be notified shortly thereafter that it'll be another 5 to 6 weeks. Order cxld. 

Just pulled the trigger and ordered Maltby's TS1s in PW and GW heads. I'll have a local club-fitter fit them with the Nippon 105s from my TM M1 irons. 

Just FYI and in case you didn't already know, both the PW and Gap are just straight forged heads. No magic goo or tungsten weight. That said, Maltby did a great job designing the sound and feel to be nearly identical to the rest of the set so you really can't go wrong. 

Keep us all updated on your thoughts when the clubs are built.. and if/when your fitter asks about the clubs (and he probably will) (also assuming he's never seen them before), just tell him that they're insanely expensive and only a select few people on earth are able to get their hands on them. 😛 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

52 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Just FYI and in case you didn't already know, both the PW and Gap are just straight forged heads. No magic goo or tungsten weight. That said, Maltby did a great job designing the sound and feel to be nearly identical to the rest of the set so you really can't go wrong. 

Keep us all updated on your thoughts when the clubs are built.. and if/when your fitter asks about the clubs (and he probably will) (also assuming he's never seen them before), just tell him that they're insanely expensive and only a select few people on earth are able to get their hands on them. 😛 

LOL! Duly noted. And appreciate the heads up.  

Back in ‘06, I had a set of Taylormade RAC TP irons stolen ... was on a super tight budget at the time and ended up buying a custom mixed set of Snake Eyes 600b/600c built by Golfsmith. Absolutely loved those clubs and still have them in the garage. 

I’m all for non-OEM clubs and it was MGS that brought Maltby to my attention. Think the reviews and feedback on this forum speak for themselves ... also looking fwd to getting back into forged irons. 

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

image.png

Wow. Already rcvd a FedEx shipping label ... within a day, no less. That’s a first!!! 

image.png

2 hours ago, mikeanthony said:

Wow. Already rcvd a FedEx shipping label ... within a day, no less. That’s a first!!! 

Golfworks has seriously good customer service probably because it is more intended for club builders and professionals than solely retail consumers. They are transparent and the people on the phone know their stuff. While I would like to see more people play clubs from "custom" makers like Maltby, I also wouldn't want to see Matlby's customer service get overrun with demand and watered down. 

11 minutes ago, Kansas King said:

Golfworks has seriously good customer service probably because it is more intended for club builders and professionals than solely retail consumers. They are transparent and the people on the phone know their stuff. While I would like to see more people play clubs from "custom" makers like Maltby, I also wouldn't want to see Matlby's customer service get overrun with demand and watered down. 

I think that plays a bit into why we don't see Maltby joining up with MGS for testing. They run a pretty tight ship over there and nearly nothing's changed since I stumbled across them about 4 yrs ago. It's clear that quality of service is equally as important as quality of product. A major review by MGS might just push a company like Golfworks down the wrong path. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 5/27/2021 at 10:07 AM, mikeanthony said:

I really like my TS-1’s.  I’ve had them a few months now and wish I had changed to them sooner.  The feel is addictive and causes me to want to find the center, so practice is kind of fun.  They’re forgiving on thins and toes.  The PW and GW aren’t as soft feeling as the 5-9, but they’re great too.

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

Got the iron heads on Sunday afternoon, had my fitter pull the shafts from TM heads and placed into the Maltbys ... wow, these are absolutely gorgeous irons. 

Straight lines, clean and minimalist looks, and just all around pleasing to my eye and behind the ball. 

Of course, I did get them out to the range today as well. Placed an order on 7-8-9i heads about 20 swings in while on the range. 

Appreciative of having found this thread. 

C5825557-F915-4F91-B68B-11D8E4E26BDE.jpeg

62F32A96-3C46-405D-B0E0-163FDD98355D.jpeg

BA5F7F08-32B6-47C3-A95E-BEB3D55A9140.jpeg

image.png

Has anyone in this thread/forum done a mixed set with the TS2 ... if so, do they blend well? May consider them for the 5 and 6 irons. 

I feel as though the GolfWorks website doesn't give the TS1 it's due credit with their stock photos, for they look significantly better in person ... curious as to how the TS2 blends and if they're just a tad beefier in all areas (sole, top line, offset, etc) or if it's significant. 

image.png

On 6/3/2021 at 2:21 PM, mikeanthony said:

Has anyone in this thread/forum done a mixed set with the TS2 ... if so, do they blend well? May consider them for the 5 and 6 irons. 

I feel as though the GolfWorks website doesn't give the TS1 it's due credit with their stock photos, for they look significantly better in person ... curious as to how the TS2 blends and if they're just a tad beefier in all areas (sole, top line, offset, etc) or if it's significant. 

@Popeyehas hit both and swears by the TS-2 sole and says they blend well.  I was going to do 5 with TS-2 and then 6-GW TS-1.  But ended up all TS-1 as they’re so forgiving.  TS-2s are thicker a little on sole and a fair amount on top line.  Truth for me is I think I’d be better off with a TS-2 5 iron.  To me the feel of the TS-1 is a little better than the TS-2.  Not to say the TS-2 is bad in any way, just not quite as soft.  I’ve read some folks have bent for loft and others left things alone and both groups were happy.  

12C0EB89-4928-49C7-8CC2-CD6E9FFAE8AF.jpeg

43E5A4BC-3D11-47E9-AD4E-0A5C845836FC.jpeg

AF661D73-ACCA-48BC-B029-1005426F3B00.jpeg

Edited by NCDuffer
Add a few more comments

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

7 minutes ago, NCDuffer said:

I was going to do 5 with TS-2 and then 6-GW TS-1.  But ended up all TS-1 as they’re so forgiving.

Totally agree. I just got the whole set and figured that if I had any issues hitting the lower clubs, I'd just pull the shafts and order the TS-2's heads. So far no issues whatsoever hitting 4-6 so. I did notice my distance #'s starting to cross between my 3i and 18* hybrid so I just took the 3i out of the set due to the hybrid being that much easier to hit.

If I recall, the lofts may require some adjusting by about a degree or so if you do decide to do a split set. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 6/2/2021 at 11:59 AM, mikeanthony said:

Straight lines, clean and minimalist looks, and just all around pleasing to my eye and behind the ball. 

Of course, I did get them out to the range today as well. Placed an order on 7-8-9i heads about 20 swings in while on the range. 

And that's usually how this goes.. 😛 Doesn't take much to get hooked on these and realize that this is your next set. 

From the strike pattern, looks like you're quickly becoming familiar with that sweet sound and feeling that come with the TS series. Like I said before, the PW and GW are just solid forged and there's isn't much difference but the rest of the set feels that much nicer so it only gets better from here. 

After you're done putting together your irons, I'd suggest taking a look at the wedges if you happen to be looking. Me and a few others play the TSW's and swear by them. IMO best looking, playing, feeling wedges you'll find. Others swear by the Tour Grind MG's and quite a few others love the M-Series. 

On 6/3/2021 at 11:21 AM, mikeanthony said:

I feel as though the GolfWorks website doesn't give the TS1 it's due credit with their stock photos, for they look significantly better in person

100% agree. I too love the simple sophistication of these. They have kind of an industrial presence but with a classy finish. Reminds me of like a resto-mod classic car.. Timeless and clean but with modern tech under the hood. Maltby didn't give them any chance to become outdated like I feel many of the overly busy modern designs will be in the next few years. I think he's done a really good job across the board with his designs in not being overly gaudy or busy in their appearance. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 6/4/2021 at 3:23 PM, NCDuffer said:

@Popeyehas hit both and swears by the TS-2 sole and says they blend well.  I was going to do 5 with TS-2 and then 6-GW TS-1.  But ended up all TS-1 as they’re so forgiving.  TS-2s are thicker a little on sole and a fair amount on top line.

This was very helpful, thank you. I did get the 7-8-9i heads over the weekend and took them to my fitter today ... anxious to get them back and see how those perform, and then make a decision on the 5-6i in TS2 or keep 'em all at TS1s.

At the end of the day, if I'm not too pleased with the 5-6i heads in either the TS1 or TS2, I can simply order the other for it's not too much of a financial commitment. For me, my shafts are an inch over standard so my 5i length is that of a standard 3i, and with a small compact iron head, it's not all that confidence inducing. May look up the specs for my TM M1 irons for the 5-6i (for I've been happy with them) and compare them to the TS2. 

On 6/4/2021 at 5:06 PM, azstu324 said:

From the strike pattern, looks like you're quickly becoming familiar with that sweet sound and feeling that come with the TS series. Like I said before, the PW and GW are just solid forged and there's isn't much difference but the rest of the set feels that much nicer so it only gets better from here. 

They certainly felt nice and I'm quickly beginning to like them. Played yesterday at our home course and shot 85 ... obviously that wasn't due to the PW and GW ... but some of my fav shots of the day were from those two clubs. And is it me, or do forged irons help with spin for those scoring irons around the green? The ball noticeably checked up quite a bit yesterday with those two clubs. 

And I'm already ahead of you! Won't pull the trigger just yet for I'm happy with my Vokey SM7s at the moment. But as I build the set through the GolfWorks site, I do wish my Vokeys had the Nippon wedge shafts as opposed to the standard 105s. Been reading in quite a few places that it's preferred to have a heavy shaft in our wedges for we rarely take full swings with them, and I agree with that. 

Anyhow, more to come! Thanks again!

image.png

Hey everyone. Idk if this is off topic but I wanted to give this thread first crack at some Maltby stuff I’m selling after a season’s use— STi2 iron heads (5-GW) and 56° and 60° FGT Forged Wedges.   

Moving on to a more durable iron head even tho I loved the way the STi2’s played. They’re truly best value out there. And for me, the bounce and sole design of the FGT’s wasn’t exactly right for the conditions I play in.

The wedges were assembled by Golfworks. They’re  Score LT shafts in stiff flex, standard grip (Crossline and S-Tech) standard loft, 2° flat lie. 

The STi2 iron heads are standard loft and lie +/- 1° based on the tolerances from The Golfworks.

Pics are below. Everything is in good condition. You can DM me with offers if you’d like. 

A09E3515-5B53-4B03-842A-DCFA9032641B.jpeg

1140B88C-FC39-481B-83D9-13714B997990.jpeg

65B0D095-B138-4528-9AAD-F83890E71F1F.jpeg

B667509A-3C0B-4BFD-96BC-C08C64E2A918.jpeg

D8F8E849-4FD1-456E-9B05-CD9F9B9635DE.jpeg

38116A52-FE4F-4B35-900B-FD79DA7B9E1D.jpeg

249EB09B-229F-471B-AAB5-6AF2D9A1EEEA.jpeg

B4E31AAC-4AE3-45CA-BC82-A04A08367C6D.jpeg

E3F76CF6-D553-4544-B825-47FB2C86E88C.jpeg

31ECEA68-8DD8-40D7-B56F-87B866720CA3.jpeg

Edited by MattA521

2 hours ago, MattA521 said:

Hey everyone. Idk if this is off topic but I wanted to give this thread first crack at some Maltby stuff I’m selling after a season’s use— STi2 iron heads (5-GW) and 56° and 60° FGT Forged Wedges.   

Moving on to a more durable iron head even tho I loved the way the STi2’s played. They’re truly best value out there. And for me, the bounce and sole design of the FGT’s wasn’t exactly right for the conditions I play in.

The wedges were assembled by Golfworks. They’re  Score LT shafts in stiff flex, standard grip (Crossline and S-Tech) standard loft, 2° flat lie. 

The STi2 iron heads are standard loft and lie +/- 1° based on the tolerances from The Golfworks.

Pics are below. Everything is in good condition. You can DM me with offers if you’d like. 

A09E3515-5B53-4B03-842A-DCFA9032641B.jpeg

1140B88C-FC39-481B-83D9-13714B997990.jpeg

65B0D095-B138-4528-9AAD-F83890E71F1F.jpeg

B667509A-3C0B-4BFD-96BC-C08C64E2A918.jpeg

D8F8E849-4FD1-456E-9B05-CD9F9B9635DE.jpeg

38116A52-FE4F-4B35-900B-FD79DA7B9E1D.jpeg

249EB09B-229F-471B-AAB5-6AF2D9A1EEEA.jpeg

B4E31AAC-4AE3-45CA-BC82-A04A08367C6D.jpeg

E3F76CF6-D553-4544-B825-47FB2C86E88C.jpeg

31ECEA68-8DD8-40D7-B56F-87B866720CA3.jpeg

The Buy/Sell/Trade thread is probably going to be the spot you want to post this, as opposed to a thread directed towards questions and comments about the TS-1s

Right Handed

Driver: 9° :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid: 18° :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron: 18° :Hogan: UiHi Iron (MMT Utility TX 105g shaft)

Irons: 4-GW :titelist-small: T100 irons (Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shafts) (2021 MGS Official Review here)

Wedges: 54° & 58° post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: MAXFLI Tour X

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

WITB thread here