TESTERS WANTED! ×

Maltby TS1 Irons

bens197

Great work, congratulations on a job well done. I learned the game in the 90s working at Goldsmith. Made my first set and enjoyed them for years. Now I  buy used and reshaft. I love the nippon shafts.

@prilltx

Golf is challenging, R U doing the work...or hoping 4 different outcomes?

Titleist C16 irons

Vokey 55°, 60° wedges

Cleveland 50°, 46° wedges

Ping Sigma2 41 inch putter

Titleist D2 driver, 904 / 908 3 and 5 wood 

I play Tom Wishon but over the years I have also had a Maltby driver, KZG driver and KZG irons. They are all terrific clubs and deserve a wider audience. If sites like MGS would test and review them, that could happen. Once upon a time, Golf & Golf Digest included Wishon and KZG clubs in their annual club tests. It's how I learned about Wishon Golf to begin with. What would it take for MGS to test and review them? 

On 9/20/2021 at 6:45 PM, Golfgirl8350 said:

What would it take for MGS to test and review them? 

Golfworks doesn't play the internet review games. Their emphasis is on proper fitting, and unless they are willing to donate several different sets with different shafts, then the reviews would not be representative. For a small volume company, that is a significant expenditure. Some do it, some don't. GW's business is doing just fine, so those reviews are not a need for them these days.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/24/2021 at 9:03 AM, Mattybee said:

I thought BB&F ferrules couldn't be used on these because of the universal hosel?

I can attest that this is not accurate. My current gamers are the TE Forged with BB&F Co Ferrules. I mailed the ferrules to Golfworks with an order form for the iron specs and they built them up beautifully. They even called me before they started the build just to confirm everything. Highly recommend it. 

Dexterity: RH

Driver:taylormade-small: Sim Max 9˚

3 Wood:Sub70: 939x

4h & 5h:Sub70: 939x

4i-PW: MALTBY TE Forged

Wedges:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore 52˚ & 58˚

Putter:edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball:titelist-small: Pro V1 or :Snell: MTB-X Optic Yellow

Data Collection:ShotScope: V3