TESTERS WANTED! ×

Shot Scope V2 Smart GPS Golf Watch

CamDeen

Is anyone using the Shot Scope V2 Smart GPS Golf Watch while playing? (or when they were playing?) What are your thoughts? 

Driver: TaylorMade JetSpeed 10.5 S

3 Wood: Taylormade M2 Fujikura S

5 Wood:TaylorMade r7 Fujikura S  

Irons: Taylormade P760s 4-PW +1/2" DG 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52, 56, 60

Putter:TaylorMade Ghost Tour Black 

Balls: Bridgestone

Handicap: 13. Average Score: 85

There's a thread here mate: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/34723-arccos-versus-shotscope-v2/

I'm using the Shot Scope V2 and quite like it but am really looking forward to getting the V3 with the improvements that they've made.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 hours ago, CamDeen said:

Is anyone using the Shot Scope V2 Smart GPS Golf Watch while playing? (or when they were playing?) What are your thoughts? 

Hi Cam -

Been a user since V1. If you're the type who doesn't like wearing a watch while playing, there's nothing about the V2 that will change your mind. It doesn't bother me any, but it might be a deal breaker for some. I've seen the new V3 - much sleeker and nicer looking than V2. Shot Scope says it's actually a wee bit smaller/lighter than an Apple Watch, if that puts it into some perspective for you. 

I'm a fan of the way it tracks your shots without you having to do much of anything - no tagging, no phone, just play golf. You may have to do a little post round editing every once in a while, but it is what it is. The stats are presented simply, without being overwhelming. My favorite part of it, however, is the ability to save bucket list rounds - kind of virtual souvenirs, if you will.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 10.50.52 AM.jpg

It functions very well as a GPS watch, and the shot tracking and stats are both first rate. And they've priced it nicely.  It's not perfect, but for what it is and what it does, it's a nice balance. I don't think it should be compared to ARCCOS, even though they sorta kinda do similar things. I don't like that much phone interaction when I play, and battery life is always a concern (prefer and hand-help GPS, like the Sky Caddie). 

There are better GPS watches that cost quite a bit more, but when you combine the shot tracking and stats - if that's what you're after - it's a great value and does what it claims. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

@CamDeen --

There's another really good discussion of the ShotScope V2 at...

It turned into a long topic, so a lot to read, but there is a LOT of good info in there on the product along with people's experiences with it while playing .. take a look!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Such great insight into the product, I really appreciate it @GolfSpy Barbajo @cksurfdude and @MattF. I didn't even realize there was a V3 coming out. Might hold off and wait for it. I really like all the feedback it provides for the golfer to analyze. 

Here is the link discussing V3

According to SS, they are on schedule for delivery end of May (that was before the huge COVID19 outbreak, so who knows now)
I'm a V1 user, skipped V2 and have preordered V3.

What I really like about SS is how they took our feedback from V1, improved V2 and then took more feedback from V2 and (hopefullly) made V3 better...

Their customer service is top notch... all my inquiries, corrections, requests have been answered within 1 hour.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Right on, with more research I pulled the trigger last night on a V2 and performance tracking system (free). Cant wait for it to show up and put into use!! Thank for all the helpful insights everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so been using the SS V2 for a month with no real issues. Then, this weekend I turn it on set it up and play collecting the pins, then ending the round .. when I got home I can’t sync the watch because there is no round to sync.

WTH?

Anybody have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

15 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Okay, so been using the SS V2 for a month with no real issues. Then, this weekend I turn it on set it up and play collecting the pins, then ending the round .. when I got home I can’t sync the watch because there is no round to sync.

WTH?

Anybody have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

That's weird. Have you contacted their customer service, they're pretty good at responding to questions.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 11:22 PM, CamDeen said:

- I have the V2 and have been using it for about 2 years now. If you are stat tracker then this is a great device. if all you want is GPS and distances there are probably better devices out there for you. But I am an engineer and love how this gives data that is trendable so you can track your performance improvement. Looking forward to the V3 as I have pre-ordered it.

On 3/23/2020 at 7:55 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Hi Cam -

Been a user since V1. If you're the type who doesn't like wearing a watch while playing, there's nothing about the V2 that will change your mind. It doesn't bother me any, but it might be a deal breaker for some. I've seen the new V3 - much sleeker and nicer looking than V2. Shot Scope says it's actually a wee bit smaller/lighter than an Apple Watch, if that puts it into some perspective for you. 

I'm a fan of the way it tracks your shots without you having to do much of anything - no tagging, no phone, just play golf. You may have to do a little post round editing every once in a while, but it is what it is. The stats are presented simply, without being overwhelming. My favorite part of it, however, is the ability to save bucket list rounds - kind of virtual souvenirs, if you will.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 10.50.52 AM.jpg

It functions very well as a GPS watch, and the shot tracking and stats are both first rate. And they've priced it nicely.  It's not perfect, but for what it is and what it does, it's a nice balance. I don't think it should be compared to ARCCOS, even though they sorta kinda do similar things. I don't like that much phone interaction when I play, and battery life is always a concern (prefer and hand-help GPS, like the Sky Caddie). 

There are better GPS watches that cost quite a bit more, but when you combine the shot tracking and stats - if that's what you're after - it's a great value and does what it claims. 

I like how you threw in an image of your round at St. Andrews. To make everyone jealous xP

On 4/20/2020 at 6:35 AM, cjdibiase said:

Agree, customer service is outstanding.  Good product, easy to use and logs lots of stats, just wish they were a little more actionable. 

Yes customer service is awesome. My first unit came with a cracked screen and it was replaced immediately. 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

• 1 month later...

Update this morning on V3 shipping: June 10, all should have theirs by the 15th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX