TESTERS WANTED! ×

2020 MGS Most Wanted Driver Results

null

10 hours ago, B.Boston said:

I’m interested to see what the high swing speed breakdown is. I was surprised to see that TM snuck in there when the overall most wanted went to the flash.

It really makes me want to find a good g400 on eBay since I can still use my tour shaft from the g30 to try out. Haha.

Used F9 prices are pretty tempting too.

Hmmmmm this quarantine could get expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find myself looking on amazon daily....HMMMM could use that divot tool OHHHH I need a new range finder too!.....Damnit

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

16 hours ago, cnosil said:

Haven't even done the test.   They had to wait until the winner was selected and due to Coronavirus all testing has been shutdown.  

I thought they mentioned on the podcast they had delayed releasing the test because they decided to go back and test the previous years drivers.  I assumed by releasing the data they had completed all of the testing.  

My bag is a revolving door!

23 hours ago, lamb said:

I would prefer to see a comparison of static loft to launch angle instead. A couple of the drivers are 14% and 17% for launch which brings the average up and makes many other drivers seem very low launching when they might not be. Or at least a column of the average launch to compare the percentages against.

Dynamic loft would provide much more detail regarding this. Static loft is pretty much irrelevant. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Dynamic loft would provide much more detail regarding this. Static loft is pretty much irrelevant. 

I want to know static loft to have a baseline. Dynamic loft is useless for comparison if you don’t know the static loft (ex. If two clubs average 15* of dynamic loft, but have 3* difference is static loft then that tells you something).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:taylormade-small: M5 12* - ACCRA TZ6 55 M4 - 1.5* open, weight back & toe

:titelist-small: TS3 16.5* - ACCRA FX 2.0 370 M4 - B1 setting, neutral weight

:titelist-small: 818 H1 21* - TENSEI White 90 S - C1 setting, neutral weight

:mizuno-small: MP-20 MMC 4-PW - PX LZ 5.0 110g - 2* flat & 2* weak

:mizuno-small: T20 50.07*, 54.12*, 60.06* - PX LZ 5.5 115g - 2* flat

:scotty-small:  Newport 2 - 33"

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Well, I was hoping that the SIM would win. I have one in the bag and it has been an absolute monster for me. It was good enough to beat the Epic flash SZ out of my bag. But, I cannot argue the results of the test. The data is far too compelling and that beats the eyeball test every time. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

According to the 2019 test it finished 8th in strokes gained and dropped to 16th this year under the new testing guidelines. Screenshot_20200323-214535_Firefox-01.jpeg.5a1a192a67e4e49eb9dd7d89b11acdd4.jpeg

I apologize for not having a photo with the data, you have to be in landscape mode with a cell phone to see it and I wanted to show the entire list.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Just confirms how I feel about my 410. Love that Driver!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

22 hours ago, bens197 said:

Not this year. What it does however, is reaffirms why I am playing my G400 LST. A product of consistency.

Agreed. A few videos show very little differences between g400 and g410... just good stix...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

Well, I was hoping that the SIM would win. I have one in the bag and it has been an absolute monster for me. It was good enough to beat the Epic flash SZ out of my bag. But, I cannot argue the results of the test. The data is far too compelling and that beats the eyeball test every time. 

... I post this a lot but it never hurts to hear it again. This data is just a start to put you in the right ball park. Standing in one spot and hitting golf balls using a LM is just so very different than playing golf. Kinda like a dating service that matches you up with data that should indicate a good match. But when going on a date, it just doesn't click or actually works out poorly. The numbers were there and you gave yourself a good chance to make it work but live interaction has it's own variables.

... I have given these examples before but I was fit for the R1 over the RBZ because it produced less spin with more carry as well as more roll from a better AOD. The RBZ launched a little lower with more spin and less roll but it felt so much better and looked a lot better to my eye at address. But I was losing about 10 yds per drive. Bummer. TaylorMade convinced me the R1 was the way to go and it was hard to argue with them. But on the course I was all over the place. Trajectory was consistently lower and my normal left miss turned into a 2 way miss and after about 5 rounds I had lost confidence. TM sent me the RBZ and it was better with the first drive. Nice high trajectory I was used to seeing and better carry than the R1 unless I was into a breeze because it definitely spun more. But I was hitting fairways again and I had confidence in the RBZ where I had none in the R1. Obviously this had everything to do with my mental attitude because looking at the smaller looking deeper faced R1 did not fill me with confidence like the larger headed shallow faced RBZ. 

... Several years later I hit the original Ping LS more consistently than any driver I ever hit on Demo Day. Every drive had the same trajectory and similar distance and the numbers were just about ideal. Long and crazy straight. But it sounded soooooo bad and those turbulators were very detracting to my eye.  Taking it out for a round of golf was a struggle. Very first drive was a little low fade and the sound was so much worse than on the range with hundreds of people hitting balls all around me. I had to check the head to make sure it did not have a crack because it sounded so bad. I managed to hit a couple of good drives but several really bad ones with 2 in the water. I was hitting this driver to places I had never been before and not in a good way. Having learned my lesson with the R1 and given that there was a LS Lovefest on wrx, I was able to sell it for a slight loss. 

... So Quigleyd that SIM that has ben a monster may just beat out any other driver you put it up against. You already have confidence in it on the golf course and in the end that is all that matters. Of course I am not suggesting you don't demo a driver with better numbers if it looks good to you because not may turn out to be better, but your bird in the hand may just be better than the two birds in the bush regardless of the data. I really love these MGS driver tests, but they are just a start to narrow down the drivers you want to demo on a golf course. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

13 hours ago, JonMUSC08 said:

No stupid questions, unless you ask which club is the driver... 🤣

A couple of those drivers were more like wedges.  🙂

6 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

I thought they mentioned on the podcast they had delayed releasing the test because they decided to go back and test the previous years drivers.  I assumed by releasing the data they had completed all of the testing.  

Nope.  I was there before the COVID lockdown doing most wanted putters and I let Harry know I wanted to test the past years drivers.  They weren't going to start after the release of the most wanted drivers so we wouldn't know the winners.  

On 3/23/2020 at 3:05 PM, lamb said:

I would prefer to see a comparison of static loft to launch angle instead. A couple of the drivers are 14% and 17% for launch which brings the average up and makes many other drivers seem very low launching when they might not be. Or at least a column of the average launch to compare the percentages against.

A couple of those drivers were not suited for every player and even with the adjustments we couldn't get them to launch low enough.   The percentages just have you look at the fact that it was higher or lower launching than the median.   That may be entirely different than what you experience with that club.  MGS is constantly trying to optimize how they present numbers and generally people want to see something different.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... I post this a lot but it never hurts to hear it again. This data is just a start to put you in the right ball park. Standing in one spot and hitting golf balls using a LM is just so very different than playing golf. Kinda like a dating service that matches you up with data that should indicate a good match. But when going on a date, it just doesn't click or actually works out poorly. The numbers were there and you gave yourself a good chance to make it work but live interaction has it's own variables.

... I have given these examples before but I was fit for the R1 over the RBZ because it produced less spin with more carry as well as more roll from a better AOD. The RBZ launched a little lower with more spin and less roll but it felt so much better and looked a lot better to my eye at address. But I was losing about 10 yds per drive. Bummer. TaylorMade convinced me the R1 was the way to go and it was hard to argue with them. But on the course I was all over the place. Trajectory was consistently lower and my normal left miss turned into a 2 way miss and after about 5 rounds I had lost confidence. TM sent me the RBZ and it was better with the first drive. Nice high trajectory I was used to seeing and better carry than the R1 unless I was into a breeze because it definitely spun more. But I was hitting fairways again and I had confidence in the RBZ where I had none in the R1. Obviously this had everything to do with my mental attitude because looking at the smaller looking deeper faced R1 did not fill me with confidence like the larger headed shallow faced RBZ. 

... Several years later I hit the original Ping LS more consistently than any driver I ever hit on Demo Day. Every drive had the same trajectory and similar distance and the numbers were just about ideal. Long and crazy straight. But it sounded soooooo bad and those turbulators were very detracting to my eye.  Taking it out for a round of golf was a struggle. Very first drive was a little low fade and the sound was so much worse than on the range with hundreds of people hitting balls all around me. I had to check the head to make sure it did not have a crack because it sounded so bad. I managed to hit a couple of good drives but several really bad ones with 2 in the water. I was hitting this driver to places I had never been before and not in a good way. Having learned my lesson with the R1 and given that there was a LS Lovefest on wrx, I was able to sell it for a slight loss. 

... So Quigleyd that SIM that has ben a monster may just beat out any other driver you put it up against. You already have confidence in it on the golf course and in the end that is all that matters. Of course I am not suggesting you don't demo a driver with better numbers if it looks good to you because not may turn out to be better, but your bird in the hand may just be better than the two birds in the bush regardless of the data. I really love these MGS driver tests, but they are just a start to narrow down the drivers you want to demo on a golf course. 

I completely agree. I am not running out to buy a ping. It would just be cool to have the most wanted validation as well. I wonder if the ran the exact same test again if they would get the same winner? I am sure they would but they are relying imperfect humans with imperfect swings. So who knows. I personally love the SIM.

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Funny thing is, in all of my fittings since the G410 came out, I only hit it in one fitting, and at a demo-day. Both were before the LST became available. I have meshed with almost every Ping driver, but my G30 beat the 410. Crazy. Just had the right combo of shaft and hot melt in the G30 head at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Maybe.  Maybe not.  If over time would pick back up at my job, I'd have the money for a driver to just magically appear in my bag.  The data definately keeps me leaning to wanting to try a Srixon driver.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Forgot to quote an earlier post about having plans to buy a new driver because of the results.  My bad.

Driver: Cobra Speedzone 10.5 Mitsubishi AV Blue S flex

Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue (low launch original version) S flex

Hybrids: Taylormade GAPR 3 KBS graphite shaft

Strata 4 and 5 hybrids R flex

Irons: Strata 6-PW R flex

Wedges: Texan Classics 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Odyssey Red Ball mallet

Ball: Srixon Q Star Tour

Need to dig down deeper into the results and article, but looking at the TS3 results, it seems similar to what Titleist always is.  It's not the longest or lowest spinning, but for me and it seems like others, has always been a consistent and reliable performer.  I've hit other drivers longer, when I had the Taylormade M2, it was much longer but I also could spray it everywhere.  Every Titleist driver, I've had, it's been consistent with fairly good numbers, but also the ever important confidence boosting. 

From everything I've seen on Ping over the years and from this site, I would love to try it some time.  I did demo the G400 LST with some fairly good results, but it was missing the moveable weight element for me.  I noticed that I was more consistent when I did have a weight in the toe.  I thought about the hot melt or lead tape, but just didn't go that route.

I want to give another full year to my TS3, but definitely may pick up a G410 LST next year if I find the right price.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

3 minutes ago, juspoole said:

Need to dig down deeper into the results and article, but looking at the TS3 results, it seems similar to what Titleist always is.  It's not the longest or lowest spinning, but for me and it seems like others, has always been a consistent and reliable performer.  I've hit other drivers longer, when I had the Taylormade M2, it was much longer but I also could spray it everywhere.  Every Titleist driver, I've had, it's been consistent with fairly good numbers, but also the ever important confidence boosting. 

From everything I've seen on Ping over the years and from this site, I would love to try it some time.  I did demo the G400 LST with some fairly good results, but it was missing the moveable weight element for me.  I noticed that I was more consistent when I did have a weight in the toe.  I thought about the hot melt or lead tape, but just didn't go that route.

I want to give another full year to my TS3, but definitely may pick up a G410 LST next year if I find the right price.  

FWIW - the g400 LST was #1 in 2018 - https://mygolfspy.com/2018-most-wanted-driver/

seems like "LST" is a very good model.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

On 3/23/2020 at 8:27 PM, chisag said:

... I would think waiting for the different swing speed performances would be a good idea for most people's decision guide. Especially if you are on either end of the extremes. 

Just FWIW - looking at the dates and times between when the MW was posted and Swing Speed results were posted there seems to be a 4 week+ gap.
https://mygolfspy.com/category/product-reviews/golfs-most-wanted/

If you can wait, that's obviously ideal.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

Just FWIW - looking at the dates and times between when the MW was posted and Swing Speed results were posted there seems to be a 4 week+ gap.
https://mygolfspy.com/category/product-reviews/golfs-most-wanted/
If you can wait, that's obviously ideal.

Seeing as everything is closed now I guess I can wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

15 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Remember what Adam has always said, There's no one driver that is best for everyone, but there is one driver that is best for everyone.  With so many testers, 37 I think,  there were certainly a handful where the SIM ranked as the best for them, but just not for the majority of the group.   But I  certainly understand the part about wanting to wear the badge of playing the Most Wanted Driver, nothing wrong with that at all. 

Having had the SIM MAX for a few rounds then moving on from it, I think  it definitely isn't a plug and play driver, it maybe more than any other driver out this year requires a thorough fitting from a qualified fitter.    

I'm glad it works for you, TM makes great drivers, and I  have hit the SIM MAX-D better than I did the first model.  But it still lags a bit behind my TS1. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 3/23/2020 at 7:14 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Anyone have any plans to make a purchase based on the results released today?

I was fit at a Callaway fitting two weeks ago into the Mavrik Sub Zero 10.5 with Evenflow RipTide 6.0. S shaft.

One day after "The Pandemic" clears I want to be fit for the Ping G410. Then I might be in the market for a purchase. 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

2 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

I was fit at a Callaway fitting two weeks ago into the Mavrik Sub Zero 10.5 with Evenflow RipTide 6.0. S shaft.

One day after "The Pandemic" clears I want to be fit for the Ping G410. Then I might be in the market for a purchase. 

Ditto!

Looking forward to some upcoming demo days where a good number of vendors are present and you can hit multiple clubs.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

28 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Remember what Adam has always said, There's no one driver that is best for everyone, but there is one driver that is best for everyone.  With so many testers, 37 I think,  there were certainly a handful where the SIM ranked as the best for them, but just not for the majority of the group.   But I  certainly understand the part about wanting to wear the badge of playing the Most Wanted Driver, nothing wrong with that at all. 

Having had the SIM MAX for a few rounds then moving on from it, I think  it definitely isn't a plug and play driver, it maybe more than any other driver out this year requires a thorough fitting from a qualified fitter.    

I'm glad it works for you, TM makes great drivers, and I  have hit the SIM MAX-D better than I did the first model.  But it still lags a bit behind my TS1. 

Totally agree. I tried the ping and didn't get the best numbers from it. I would have just liked the bragging rights of the 2020 best driver award haha. At minimum I know the award is based on results and not paid for like other well known "hot lists". 

On 3/23/2020 at 2:06 PM, heribertomaya said:

I have to be blunt and say I dont like the format of this report,  why not just provide the distance in yardages,  i wont even bother reading that chart with just %s,  its of no use to me and I know it will be the same for most.   My 2 cents there.

I tend to agree with the format.....not as hardcore as this but i am not sure how drivers with so many different factors included can be compared. Different shaft lengths, different lofts, different shafts?  No robot testing?  Ill be honest, im a little confused. Maybe i expected something totally different.  but the bottom line is stats can be manipulated anyway you see fit.....so, because some testing parameters changed, certain drivers are now viewed as "middle of the road"...even though they still fly just as far and disperse the same.....i gotta say, play what works for you not what a test dictates.  I am very disappointed in this test to say the least. 

Edited by Tsecor

Golf is cool

On 3/24/2020 at 1:14 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I updated my driver last summer to the G410 plus OTR. It feels good, but I definitely want to spend more time playing with the settings after the lockdown ends. Based on last year’s most wanted driver article, my brother picked up an Epic Flash, and he’s mightily pleased. 

A fitting is in my future, but at the moment I’m happy with what I’ve got.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58° PUTTER Untitled-8.png.42ad9734db415b5a132df0574137f4f0.png KS1

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO | Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png SUPERSOFT
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

I thought I heard there were plans to test the winners from previous years against this years most wanted winner. Is that information out there or was i mistaken in thinking that?

Right Handed

Driver::taylormade-small: Sim 8 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60

3 Wood: :cobra-small: F9 Speedback 3-4  Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70

2 Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB  Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX 90

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX-5 KBS $-Taper 120

Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 54 and 58 KBS Hi-Rev

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER 1.2

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

30 minutes ago, JB2123 said:

I thought I heard there were plans to test the winners from previous years against this years most wanted winner. Is that information out there or was i mistaken in thinking that?

Testing hasn't gotten started for this.   Last time I was there,  the previous winners were available and they were working on processing the data for this years winner.   a couple of days later,  got the email that all testing had been shutdown. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Correct. 

But a little thing called a pandemic is delaying any further testing 

58 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Testing hasn't gotten started for this.   Last time I was there,  the previous winners were available and they were working on processing the data for this years winner.   a couple of days later,  got the email that all testing had been shutdown. 

Thanks! That makes sense. I'll be excited to see the results once this is all over and they have time and the capability to do that testing once again.

Right Handed

Driver::taylormade-small: Sim 8 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60

3 Wood: :cobra-small: F9 Speedback 3-4  Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70

2 Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB  Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX 90

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX-5 KBS $-Taper 120

Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 54 and 58 KBS Hi-Rev

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER 1.2

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

On 3/23/2020 at 2:14 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Not sure yet, but I've been looking for a G410 LST 10.5 driver head just in case 😉

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Hey y'all - I pulled some insights out of the data from the 2020 Most Wanted post. Curious for any thoughts/feedback from everyone:

:titelist-small: TSi3 @ 9° w/ Tensei AV White 65         :titelist-small: TSi2 5W @ 14.5° w/ Tensei AV White 75

:taylormade-small: P790 4-7, P760 8-PW w/ Project X 6.0          :vokey-small: 50°, 56°, 60°

:scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport Mid-Slant          :titelist-small: Hybrid 14 Stand Bag          :titelist-small: ProV1