TESTERS WANTED! ×

Does Your Putter Have to Look Good?

TShaffer

The great Deion Sanders once said, "If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good."

My question is, does tht apply to the flatstick? A while back I got myself a Taylormade Ghost Manta putter for a steal on eBay. Not the biggest fan of the white putter, but I figured I could fix that, quick trip to the hardware store and a few costs of black paint and I get this. (Looks a bit worse for wear now) I liked the look a lot better and I took the liberty to add a couple alignment lines to help me out. 

Alas, the shine has faded and I find myself sneaking peeks at other putters while mine has its back turned. I feel like I'm cheating, I mean don't get me wrong, I love my putter. It's served me well over the years, but I am beginning to wonder if all those chips and scratches make me like it less.

Performance wise I don't need to be looking for a new one, so what are my options? How many spys out there have taken creative liberty with their putter's appearance? Has anyone dipped or wrapped theirs? And do you think that you really do perform better when your putter looks sharp?

Would love to hear your thoughts

Screenshot_20200324-154714~2.png

MVIMG_20200324_185801.jpg

MVIMG_20200324_185841.jpg

I've always said that if I could make more putts with a brick tied to a broom stick that is what I would use.  If I'm making them the putter always looks good to me.    Personally I like the white Ghost but it's yours so black it is!

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Somehow I only buy putters that cost $300 and up (at least MSRP)

😞

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

9 hours ago, TShaffer said:

So in all seriousness, I doubt you've brought the brick out to the practice green to test that, but a lot of putters that claim some proprietary, "sink more putts" tech are not that appealing. Do you think there are putters that you wouldn't give a chance based on looks?

I probably made a thread out of this some time ago, but frankly, I post too much here, so I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for it, but I have a 20+ year old Tour Edge mallet putter that I paid like $25 for back in the day that I put back in the back last year for awhile and was putting really good with it.  I had a new Winn Grip put on it, and gamed it for awhile and I went around telling everyone what I paid for it, especially when they were all buying $400+ putters and putting worse than I was.

Disclosure, I went out and bought a $200 brand new PING Sigma2 Tyne putter that I currently game, and I absolutely love it.  But it looks as nice as anything, and I putt really well with it.

What am I trying to say to you?  Looks will play a part in the equation, but it ain't everything to me, that is for sure.  It's the feel the putter gives you that inspires confidence that will make you feel like a better putter.  For me the results always speak for themselves.  if I putt good with a 20 year old putter that has chipped paint and scratches and dents all over the place, well, I will wear that sucker out.  But a new putter had a better feel and look to it, and I love the fact that I can adjust the shaft up and down between 32 and 36 inches.  I seem to putt a lot better with my new one, so it is what it is.

Ultimately, if you are asking these questions, you will probably end up getting something else.  But will you putt better with it?  Test them out a lot and go with what helps you hole the most putts.  Because at the end of the day, the scorecard does not have any pictures.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

10 hours ago, TShaffer said:

So in all seriousness, I doubt you've brought the brick out to the practice green to test that, but a lot of putters that claim some proprietary, "sink more putts" tech are not that appealing. Do you think there are putters that you wouldn't give a chance based on looks?

I remember when SC came out with the Futura, I knew by the looks of it that one would never be in my bag, I hated it and still dislike the looks.   I have used a few putters that I wasn't really happy with the looks but they seemed to work until I had my next case of putter fever.  

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -      Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                          Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                                          Putter -    Evnroll ER2
Rangefinder -  NX-10 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                            Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

For me, every club has to look good. I will not do as well with something I don't like to look at. I know full well that there are clubs that don't look good to my eye, that I could hit better... but I can't do it...lol. That includes the putter.

I wouldn't care if it was the ugliest putter in the world as long as it helped me sink more putts (I suck at putting).  But since such a putter doesn't exist, then having one that looks good to my eye adds to my confidence at putting.  Bonus if it has good aerodynamics for when I miss those short 1 footers 🤦‍♂️😆🤣

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I remember when SC came out with the Futura, I knew by the looks of it that one would never be in my bag, I hated it and still dislike the looks.   I have used a few putters that I wasn't really happy with the looks but they seemed to work until I had my next case of putter fever.  

I doubled down on the Futura and had the Futura broomstick in my bag for several years. Still have it in the golf room but hasn’t come out in a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

And after my post I pulled the Futura out of hiding and put a fresh grip on it. May now get a good shot at going in my bag since I am moving back to a long putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I would say, no, it doesnt have to look good.  Some of my favorite putters were vintage Bullseyes and 8802s that were all dinged and nicked up because in the old days people didnt use putter covers.

Is actually kind of funny in that we value an old set of blades that is all dinged up from decades of bag chatter and see that as character but look down upon woods, hybrids and putters that have the same look.

Ive got an old Dunlop Peter Tomson putter that is from the 1950s.  Its basically a Bullseye clone with a brass head that is all dinged up, fluted steel shaft and leather wrap grip.  Its old, its kind of ugly but it rolls the ball very well.  I just look at that putter and I wonder what stories it could tell if it could talk.  I also sometimes wonder how many years and decades worth of sweat and BO is soaked into that leather grip but thats a different tale for another day and something I try not to think about.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

1 hour ago, Retrogolfer36 said:

I would say, no, it doesnt have to look good.  Some of my favorite putters were vintage Bullseyes and 8802s that were all dinged and nicked up because in the old days people didnt use putter covers.

Is actually kind of funny in that we value an old set of blades that is all dinged up from decades of bag chatter and see that as character but look down upon woods, hybrids and putters that have the same look.

Ive got an old Dunlop Peter Tomson putter that is from the 1950s.  Its basically a Bullseye clone with a brass head that is all dinged up, fluted steel shaft and leather wrap grip.  Its old, its kind of ugly but it rolls the ball very well.  I just look at that putter and I wonder what stories it could tell if it could talk.  I also sometimes wonder how many years and decades worth of sweat and BO is soaked into that leather grip but thats a different tale for another day and something I try not to think about.

I think that is so interesting, that you can pull out a relic set of irons and people think it is nostalgic and a reminder of when golf was pure, but an old putter is just immediately written off.

I think that is so interesting, that you can pull out a relic set of irons and people think it is nostalgic and a reminder of when golf was pure, but an old putter is just immediately written off.
I feel like people look at most of my vintage putters and would think, "I could never putt with that!"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I’m sure it’s been said, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” so I’d be pretty sure to guess that folks buy putters that appeal to their eye. Psychologically, I would think it would be a hindrance otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

As with any golf club the putter has to be pleasing to my eye.  There has to be a certain flow to it that I like.  For example, I couldn't putt with a Ping Anser 2 model putter but can easily putt with a Ping Anser putter because I do not like boxy blades.  I like softer edges.  My favorite style of putter is the Ping Zing style putter.  While there is a boxy nature to this putter there is enough softness and roundness of edges that it looks great to me.  I've putted with the Ping Zing for several years then after many years of trying other putters I found a Cameron Designed by Brad Faxon that was my gamer for several years then I went with a few more putters and a few more years and have been gaming a Byron Morgan Epic Day putter.  Yes, a Ping Zing inspired putter.  To me the lines have a great flow to it that I really love. It looks great to me and I have never putted better.

Epic Day 1.jpg

Epic Day 3.jpg

Epic Day 4.jpg

Edited by RobotDoctor

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

100% yes it has to look good. MGS just let me test the Evnroll and that club was beautiful, I was a bit disappointed it wasn't a fit. My current putter is a Odyssey #7, the one with fangs. Even that has a lot going on for some, but it's still clean enough for me.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Yes, it absolutely has to look good to my eye which is not to say it has to be some exotic blade.  Also it has to feel good.

Some shapes that look good in my eye:

Scotty newport (the softer more rounded style versus the Newport 2)

Odyssey #7 and other Fang models.  Mallets bigger than that or full (like the Spider) dont look good going back and through to me.

Odyssey Rossie and half mallet styles.

Evnroll ER2 reminds me a lot of my newport but stretched back.  The 1.2 by comparison seems too long heel to toe.

PING ANSER styles seem just soft enough on the bumpers to look good to me.

Looking back at that list I guess I like the more simple designs with more rounded vs angular designs.  But its to each his own for sure.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

All of my clubs have to please my eye at address. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

You use that putter to clear rocks? lol just kidding

But seriously it always bugs me to have paint chips on a putter, it's like the most important club for me, and having that just distracts me.

That's why I like a raw finish putter and not paint.

That's just me though.

:cobra-small: F7 Driver

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ 3 and 5 wood

:cobra-small: F9 irons 5 thru GW

:cobra-small: King Black Wedges 52/56/60

... Last summer my son borrowed my 33" 8802 style putter without telling me and I was forced to get one from the clubhouse. All they had was this beat up 35" Tour Edge radically designed mallet in white paint, chipped all to he!!. I had no choice so I made the best of it and shot a 2 under 70 holing every makable putt. Balance was off, grip was wrong and it was way too long but I just focused on every putt and it obviously worked out well. But I have no illusions that that would last because the first time I missed a few makable putts the ugly TE would be getting the blame. And of course it should because it did not fit my gate stroke or my eye.

... And that is probably true for most golfers. As long as you are hitting something well that does not look good to your eye, you can live with it. But as soon as you start hitting poor shots, it is only natural to blame something that doesn't look like it can accomplish the task at hand. It doesn't have to be beautiful but it can't be ugly. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I have tinkered many times over with paint schemes. The only "cheap easy" paint I found to for maybe 1/2 a season is a high temp auto spray paint called VHT. General water and grip solvent doesnt remove it, but a fertilizer and acetone melts it off quick. Tries my hand with Caswells Stainless darkener on my Scotty. I love the look of black clubs. Came out great and going strong for 2 seasons now. Also super easy to apply it and hard to mess up if you prep correctly. 

Yes! I have to like the looks of all my clubs but especially my putter.

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

I agree that most of, if not all, the clubs in the bag have to be pleasing to the eye. Its all about confidence over the ball so if I'm doubting the look of the club from the beginning there is definitely something missing in the confidence department. That being said, I was searching for a mallet putter that I could better control my distance with and probably spent 3 hours on the greens at the golf store with everything from Scotty Cameron to Axis. I kept going back to the Scotty Phantom X because it just looked amazing from above. After putting it through a blind test just feeling the weights of all the putters both in my hands and through the swing, I put it in dead last behind a number of putters (me personally). I eventually went with the Odyssey Stroke Lab 10, even though I would have never have chosen it off the shelf because it looked very Taylormade Spider knock-off ish and pretty boring. I wanted something more unique looking but couldn't ignore how the Stroke Lab felt in my hands so I went performance over looks and I am so glad I did. I guess the moral of the story is if something heads over tails performs better for you, you can get over ALMOST any look.

You know, I feel like you could touch it up nicely with some more black paint on there.  Maybe some Rust-oleum flat black?  I think you need a certain type of look to inspire confidence at address, and it really doesn't matter what club it is.  If my eyes induce feelings of vomiting every time I walk up to the green with my putter to make a putt, then I'm probably not going to be using that putter.  I think feel is still very(if not most) important when it comes to a putter though, and then you have to find one that fits your stroke.

I just switched to a Bobby Grace Night & Day. Has the fangs on the back that appear a lot wider than the Odyssey #7. The material he uses on the face puts an almost instant roll on the ball and I've had no 3 putts since I started using this one. It will be in the bag until it misbehaves and then may go back to an original Fat Lady Swings. Love the Grace putters

Driver-Honma TW747

3 wood-Tour Edge CBX 119

Irons Tour Edge EXS

Putter-SeeMore SB 20 Offset shaft

On 3/25/2020 at 8:14 AM, silver & black said:

For me, every club has to look good. I will not do as well with something I don't like to look at. I know full well that there are clubs that don't look good to my eye, that I could hit better... but I can't do it...lol. That includes the putter.

I couldn't agree with this more.  To me, optics are huge.  If you look down and don't like what you see you will have a bad thought in your mind before you even think about taking that club back.  It applies to every club for me too.  Of course this is very personal, I play with a couple older guys that are great putters and have putted with the same putter for 25 years.  They could make putts with a broken oak limb.  

About 5-6 years back I started using a counterbalanced mallet and haven't looked back.  Any time I attempt a putt with a normal weighted head/grip the thing feels like a rubber band in my hands.  I am soooooo much more solid on the 5 footers and in with a CB putter.

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

23 hours ago, IceHawk said:

You know, I feel like you could touch it up nicely with some more black paint on there.  Maybe some Rust-oleum flat black?

Well as I am lacking black paint and found myself with a lot of time on my hands, I decided to just go off the rails and repurpose an unused phone skin. Definitely not a look for everybody but I like it!

MVIMG_20200331_210618.jpg

MVIMG_20200331_210631.jpg

MVIMG_20200331_210652.jpg

On 3/25/2020 at 12:31 PM, Retrogolfer36 said:

You and I think alike---- There is a definition of looking good and it is a difference in opinion from person to person. For me personally looking good is not about "bling" but how it sits behind the ball and the feel. After a lot of research especially in the last few weeks I have realized for me I putt better and have a better feel with "old school" types mainly Bulls Eyes and Ironmaster Macgregors. I "inherited" some nice modern putters from an old bud who is dying and he wanted me to have them. Among them were 3 Bobby Grace V-Foils one of which was mine anyhow. Now I love those putters and think they are "sexy" but in truth even though I like the way they sit the feel is not there for me but I putt decent with them. But for some reason I putt better with an old flange Bulls Eye with a bare balls Ping Man grip than I do anything else in recent memory.

As far as dinged up lead taped old clubs IMHO that adds character----- My irons even though they are 1980 were pristine when I got them several years ago. I noticed yesterday that they are starting to get dinged up with some wear. My hybrids I have been working with a year or so now are old Adams and I actually literally drug them off the junk pile at work. I also noticed my 16* what I call a 4 wood is starting the rigors or wear and tear and I bought it brand new with the wrappers on it. I have lots of old clubs I dragged off the junk pile at work and I wonder sometimes if they could talk the stories they could tell.  Yep I have a lot of old school putters with leather grips but I think about them differently not about "the sweat in the grip" but wonder how many money putts this old thing has made.  

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 3/25/2020 at 7:33 PM, Retrogolfer36 said:

I feel like people look at most of my vintage putters and would think, "I could never putt with that!"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LOL generally most folks look at my signature set and ask " how in the world do you play with that antique outdated stuff?" When I really go vintage with the persimmon woods etc they think I have a screw loose. Actually in my signature set the only things even remotely "new " are the driver and the 4 wood which are 4 years old now. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 3/25/2020 at 10:43 PM, RobotDoctor said:

As with any golf club the putter has to be pleasing to my eye.  There has to be a certain flow to it that I like.  For example, I couldn't putt with a Ping Anser 2 model putter but can easily putt with a Ping Anser putter because I do not like boxy blades.  I like softer edges.  My favorite style of putter is the Ping Zing style putter.  While there is a boxy nature to this putter there is enough softness and roundness of edges that it looks great to me.  I've putted with the Ping Zing for several years then after many years of trying other putters I found a Cameron Designed by Brad Faxon that was my gamer for several years then I went with a few more putters and a few more years and have been gaming a Byron Morgan Epic Day putter.  Yes, a Ping Zing inspired putter.  To me the lines have a great flow to it that I really love. It looks great to me and I have never putted better.

Epic Day 1.jpg

Epic Day 3.jpg

Epic Day 4.jpg

Glad to see you active over here old buddy-----

G