Does Your Putter Have to Look Good?

I prefer putters that have simple looks in regards to the number of bends at the neck  and with less aiming lines painted on top of the head. (Less busy).  One thing I notice is that how the putter looks sitting on the display floor can be very different when I set to putt behind  the putter   I really don’t know if the putter fits my eye unless I  roll a few.   I spotted few putters I though was “ugly” at first glance that was surprising accurate rolling on the putting green.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always said that if I could make more putts with a brick tied to a broom stick that is what I would use.  If I'm making them the putter always looks good to me.    Personally I like the white Gho

Late to the party, but thought I would throw my $.02 in. Obviously, a putter doesn't have to look good to perform. But then it doesn't perform by itself! It works along with the golfer and the th

... Last summer my son borrowed my 33" 8802 style putter without telling me and I was forced to get one from the clubhouse. All they had was this beat up 35" Tour Edge radically designed mallet in whi

Posted Images

On 3/28/2020 at 1:19 AM, chisag said:

... Last summer my son borrowed my 33" 8802 style putter without telling me and I was forced to get one from the clubhouse. All they had was this beat up 35" Tour Edge radically designed mallet in white paint, chipped all to he!!. I had no choice so I made the best of it and shot a 2 under 70 holing every makable putt. Balance was off, grip was wrong and it was way too long but I just focused on every putt and it obviously worked out well. But I have no illusions that that would last because the first time I missed a few makable putts the ugly TE would be getting the blame. And of course it should because it did not fit my gate stroke or my eye.

... And that is probably true for most golfers. As long as you are hitting something well that does not look good to your eye, you can live with it. But as soon as you start hitting poor shots, it is only natural to blame something that doesn't look like it can accomplish the task at hand. It doesn't have to be beautiful but it can't be ugly. 

Couldn`t agree more. Putter should be like your second hand primary, and then look well. Nevertheless everything need to be in balance...Especially your level of game and relevant putter

Just attach it here. Enjoy the wonderfull landscape of my motherlad - Bavaria🙂

Yours sincerely,

David

61f442bc8e8216e711f2c055e3b5d69f.jpg

On 3/24/2020 at 7:43 PM, dlow206 said:

Somehow I only buy putters that cost $300 and up (at least MSRP)

😞

OMG. I’m not the only one. We should start a therapy group. 

• Like 1

A good Golfer is someone who loves the game and all that comes with it.  A good Player is someone who can score.

Not all players are good golfers.  Be a good Golfer.

• Driver - Taylormade M3 440
  • 3W - Titlest 917 F
  • 3H - Adams Pro Mini 20
  • 4H - Adams Pro Mini 23
  • 5-P - Callaway Apex Pro 2019 w/KBS C-Taper 120S
  • 50/54/58 - Titlest SM 5
  • Putter(s) - Ping Vault Voss / Ping Milled Anser / Odyssey Tour Black series #8 / Ping Vault 2 B60 / Scotty Cameraon Newport 2 Button Back  (I HAVE ISSUES WITH PUTTERS!!!!!)