Golfspy_CG2

Testers ANNOUNCED (4) Titleist T100-S and T 200 irons-Two Testers Each

Our Sponsors

Matt
Atlanta, GA
MP 18 (7-P), MP 18-SC (4-6)

T100S

Driver: TS3, 9* (C1 setting, surefit cartridge in fade setting)

3/4 Wood: 917D2, 16.5 degrees (D1 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 19 degrees (C3 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-Iron (23 degrees); Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-iron(26) and 6-iron(30); Mizuno MP-18 7-iron(34), 8-iron(38), 9-iron(42), and P Wedge(46). Nippon Modus 120x shafts. 1 degree upright.

Wedges: Mizuno S-18 50, 54, and 58 degrees. 50 is 1 degree upright, 54 and 58 are standard lie. Nippon Modus 120x, soft stepped in the 54 and 58.

Putter: Evnroll ER1

Right-handed

Atlanta, GA

John

Northville, MI

12 index

Alternate between Mizuno MP54 and 900 Hot Metals, both stiff

Would like to test the T200

I am Andy Mercer, a 36 year old high school agriculture teacher in the great state of Arkansas. Although I consider myself to be an avid golfer with a healthy enthusiasm for the game, my wife informed me that it was an obsession bordering on sickness when I tried to replicate the wet wedge test on my Skytrak in the “golf room” in my home. Looking back on it, running the test four times could be viewed as overkill but I wanted there to be no question as to the results and I now have a Ping Glide 3.0 60* that I know will perform well during my dewy early morning rounds. I am a member of a large retirement/resort golf club in central Arkansas called Hot Springs Village, we have eight championship courses and one executive course. We have tree lined fairways and at times, severe elevation changes.

During the summer months I am a twice a week golfer and play to a mid 5 handicap on 6,500ish yard courses, I also commit to a practice session every other day at home on my Skytrak. During a typical round of golf, I will hit 9-12 greens with the majority of approach shots in the 100-170 range. I make very few birdies, which I attribute to my inability to read greens. My stock iron shot is a mid trajectory 5-10 yard draw and my typical miss is a thin that doesn’t draw and ends up short.

My current setup is: Vokey SM7 in 50f and 54s, Mizuno MP18 PW-6 with Dynamic Gold S300, Callaway Rogue Pro 6 with Dynamic Gold 120 S400, and finally 18* and 23* Titleist 818 H2 with Atmos Blue s. According to my Skytrak my 7 iron numbers are 115 ball speed, 19* launch, 6,300 backspin, 160 yards carry.  The second 6 iron in the bag (Rogue Pro) is a replacement for my MP18 5 iron, I had found that I couldn’t get a proper yardage gap between the MP18 5 and 6 irons so I got the Rogue Pro as an experiment. Although the sound is nowhere near as pleasing, the fact that the Rogue Pro hits the number that I want it to hit (185 yards carry, 4,500 backspin) cannot be ignored. 

I would be an excellent choice to test the T100s because of my ability to share experiences between traditional players irons and distance players irons. The fact that my home courses are still in operation will provide me with the opportunity to share on course observations as well. Finally, I have a Skytrak, which, while not perfect, gives me the ability to provide factual direct comparisons between clubs.

Driver: Titleist TS3 - TBD

3 wood: Titleist TS3 Hzrdus Smoke 70s 

Hybrids: Titleist 818 H2 @  18 and 23 Atmos 80ts

Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19, 5-pw w/ Elevate Tour s

Wedges: Vokey SM7, 50f and 54s  W/DG wedge. Ping glide 3.0 TS W/ DG TI S400

Putter: Bettinardi Queen B 9

Bruce

VA

Index 6.9

current irons 716 AP2

T200

Larry

Fort St John, BC, Canada

6.5 index

Current irons: Callaway Epic

I would like to test the T100s 

- Rob 
- Malden, MA

- PXG 0211, KBS Tour 130 X-Stiff

- T200

Posted (edited)

Mike

Westwood, MA

6.0 index

Current: PXG GEN 1 0311T (4-PW) KBS C-taper 125 

T100-S please 

Edited by mcurtin515

Tyler

Sandy, Utah 

ping G

t200

T. Stack

Handicap-7

irons- Ping G

driver- Cobra F8+
3 wood- cobra f6 

hybrid- Wilson 

wedges- Callaway Mack daddy 

putter-Wilson south side 

Tyler
Colorado Springs, CO
Titleist 718 AP2

T100S

On 3/25/2020 at 2:02 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

- Patrick
- Winnetka, IL
- 9.1 Index
- PXG 611t

- T-300

Posted (edited)

Scott

Tempe, Az.

10 Handicap. 

Cobra Forged TEC Black with stilf KBS tour shafts 5 - PW.

Titleist T-200 stiff flex.

This would be a very interesting test.  Last year it was between the Cobra Forged TEC and Titleist T200 for me after attending some demo days. I came across a deal I couldn't pass up on the Cobras so they went into the bag.  It would be interesting to see the performance difference after more extensive testing in real world conditions. FYI Arizona currently has no COVID-19 restrictions for golf. 

Edited by Slammers480