TESTERS WANTED! ×

What is a best brand of golf apparel? & Why are golf clothes so expensive?

haimen

Golf clothes cost what the market will bear, just like everything else, and people will pay a lot for apparel with their club's logo on it.

As expensive as they are, I don't run into a lot of wealthy club pros.  They don't seem to be gouging anybody.  They're just making a living.

Footjoy. They have everything 

You only have to look at my golf shoe rack or closet to see how much I like Footjoy, except for their socks. I bought several pair of their 'tech' socks and my big toe was through the socks in a matter of a couple of weeks. Based on an earlier recommendation on this thread I bought Bombas - they are definitely superior to any socks I've had before and they're guaranteed for life. IMG_5352.thumb.JPG.bc691ff65af476cfb8449f620438735b.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

You can always find name brand golf clothes for good prices you just have to look.  The other day bought a 75$ msrp callaway shirt at Sams club for 20$.  You can also get great deals on Ebay!  Shoes, shirts, shorts, anything that you need.  If you just look hard enough you can get great deals on golf apparel.

I love Nike Hats and nike golf shirts. Shorts-wise I find callaway are super comfortable, look good and durable.  

If you look hard you can find cheat Nike, Adidas, Callaway and Cobra shirts at Ross and Marshalls as well for less than $25. 

I also like J Lindbergh and Travis Mathews but can never find them on sale.

It looks like my closet includes Nike, Under Armour, and Puma tops. I usually check the clearance rack or hit up the spring sale at the local golf retailer for last year's items. I'm currently using Foot Joy shoes from a clearance sale from an online retailer during autumn 2019 and I'm really digging them. Deals can be had if you search for them.

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° SW & 58° LW w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

I am a Puma, Footjoy, Adidas guy when it comes to shirts. Like some have said, I’ll look into Peter Millar, but it’s gotta be the right shirt/setting to buy it. 

I can usually find Puma and Adidas at discounted prices. I just suck it up and buy Footjoy shirts. Love the way they fit. 

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

• Guests
Guest Delete
On 3/26/2020 at 2:15 AM, haimen said:

I am looking for golf apparel of favorite brand for men, women & kids. There is a great number of Golf Apparel brands like Adidas, Puma, Under Armour and much more.  But I don't know, which one is the best. How one can get all this collection at best prices guaranteed! Guys please help me to give your best answers for my both questions.

1) What is a best brand of golf apparel? The lowest cost, clearance, on sale, or at Costco

2) Why are golf clothes so expensive? Because people pay for it and swallow the hype. 

3) How can I get coupon codes for shoes? I just buy them online once I try on a pair in the store.

What is a best brand of golf apparel? The lowest cost, clearance, on sale, or at Costco

2) Why are golf clothes so expensive? Because people pay for it and swallow the hype. 

3) How can I get coupon codes for shoes? I just buy them online once I try on a pair in the store.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 6:18 PM, tony@CIC said:

One piece of clothing no one has mentioned are socks. I have yet to find an ideal brand of low cut socks for a size 12 shoe . They're either too small or ride down on my heel. FJ's tech socks work if you don't mind a hole in the toe after a couple of weeks at the other end of the $$ spectrum are Hanes which also fit but look like rags after a few washings.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Check out Stance.  I probably have 30 pairs of their golf socks and they're great, and they last forever.

As far as the topic at hand goes...

I'm pretty big into fashion, so I don't really have any second thoughts about spending $70+ on a polo... I don't look at anybody sideways if they don't... 

But the brands I really enjoy are:

Shirts: Peter Millar, Vineyard Vines, Nike Adidas

Pants/ Shorts: Bonobos, Adidas, J Crew

Socks: Stance

Shoes: Adidas, Nike

Edited by Jwhite86

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

It depends on your style and if you prefer name brands versus not so famous brands.  Unfortunately, I cannot see myself paying $75 for a golf shirt and a plain design at that just because there's a little swoosh on it.  I look for sales and discounted items from previous years because I don't mind wearing clothing from some years back.  I also shop at Costco and sometimes they carry decent golf apparel.  I walk about 99% of the time so I will splurge on comfortable golf shoes that fit my weird stubby wide feet 😞.  I look through RetailMeNot or Coupons.com for any coupons for discounts, but normally there isn't much for branded golf apparel unless it for free shipping.  Look and join the big box stores mailing list as they have sales and they mail you flyers with discounts going on. 

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2020 at 2:39 PM, chisag said:

... A pet peeve of mine is:

• Silicone gripper on inner waistband to prevent shirts from coming untucked

... and while that may be a feature appreciated by overweight golfers, those of us in good shape just get shorts that ride up our body on every swing. If golfers actually like this feature, I have no problem with Hagen and others offering it, but at least give us the option of not including it with our shorts. My own fault because I did not go to a store and try them on, but I bought 4 pair on sale when my Dicks Scorecard bonus was about to expire and they are all unwearable. 

Idk as an in shape guy myself, I really like the gripper feature. Otherwise I have to keep re tucking throughout the round which is annoying

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

Golf shirts are expensive partially due to the Tech, but mainly just because manufacturers can get away with the mark up to golf consumers.

I mean golf specific stretch, water resistant, breathable pants will run say $40-50 from nike yet i can buy Gap fit chinos that have all those features for $20 on sale. Likewise a performance golf polo is $45 to 70 while I can buy a uniqlo stretch moisture wicking one for like $20?

They will charge what consumers will pay and golfers have proven they will pay an arm and a leg 

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

I spent a long time working in the outdoor industry (managing a retail store in Salt Lake City specializing in Ski/Snowboard and hiking gear) and have to say that the bulk of golf gear is about the same price as general outdoor gear.  The first, most important, and last thing EVERYONE needs to know is COTTON KILLS!!! If you play golf on days where it is sunny or rainy or cold or humid or windy you should absolutely not EVER wear cotton.  PLEASE remember this.  Forever.  

Wool and synthetics breathe, regulate temperatures and are more water resistant than cotton.  Whatever you do do NOT buy wool polo, pants, socks, etc for outdoor activities.  Once you've established that as a baseline, price/value is what you want it to be.  I personally buy all of my clothes on closeout/discount/end of year, etc... Fairwaystyles.com is a great resource for high end closeout gear.  

In terms of favorite brands I have a few:

Polos: Greyson.  They're the best.  Wicked stylish.  Incredibly comfortable and breathable.  They do run a touch large, but fit perfectly.  Their original sticker prices are crazy high, but they mark them down really fast and end up being reasonable a couple seasons down the road.  Couldn't recommend the product more.  

Pants/Shorts: Dunning.  I am truly blown away by how good these products are.  They are incredibly flexible.  Don't have that terrible swishing sounds that lots of synthetic pants do and are really comfortable.  Again, a brand that is expensive on face value but you can always find great deals (snagged mine on a 40% clearance event). Tons of colors and to be honest, they're great for any outdoor activity (in Vermont we tend to get all 4 seasons in a single day so waterproof/breathable pants that look good in a bar go a looooong way). 

Socks: Stance.  I am flat in love with Stance socks. The Nicklaus stuff is soooooo nice.  Incredibly comfortable and breathable for 18 holes in the mountains and always stylish.  The Caddyshack socks are pretty sick too.  

Fleece/Wool Layers: Patagonia.  No golf brand can contend with Patagucci.  Their layering is the best on the market, period.  Don't bother spending tons of money on cool kid golf brands here.  Go to your local Patagonia outlet.  Or hit up their sale section of the website.  Or wait until their semi annual sales.  Again, they discount their highest end gear ALLLLL the time.  Whether it's the R1/R2 fleece or the Nano Puff/Air vest, this the only layering you need for Vermont in the spring and fall and I promise if it works here, it works EVERYWHERE.

Again, this is an area of personal expertise so I'm happy to answer any questions!

Edited by VTSoxFan

Ping G @ 9.5

TaylorMade V Steel 3 Wood 

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW, Project X LZ 5.5

Vokey SM7 54.10, 60.12

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

• 3 weeks later...

@VTSoxFan Thanks for writing such a detailed response. I knew we were similar in our fit preference with your Dunning recommendation. I keep coming back to their shorts and pants even after getting other brands. Can't recommend enough. 

I just bought two G/Fore polos during their half price sale and I like their fit a lot. I'll have to get a Greyson polo as well to try it out. I'll have to try Stance socks as well. 

On 6/27/2020 at 3:25 PM, VTSoxFan said:

I spent a long time working in the outdoor industry (managing a retail store in Salt Lake City specializing in Ski/Snowboard and hiking gear) and have to say that the bulk of golf gear is about the same price as general outdoor gear.  The first, most important, and last thing EVERYONE needs to know is COTTON KILLS!!! If you play golf on days where it is sunny or rainy or cold or humid or windy you should absolutely not EVER wear cotton.  PLEASE remember this.  Forever.  

Wool and synthetics breathe, regulate temperatures and are more water resistant than cotton.  Whatever you do do NOT buy wool polo, pants, socks, etc for outdoor activities.  Once you've established that as a baseline, price/value is what you want it to be.  I personally buy all of my clothes on closeout/discount/end of year, etc... Fairwaystyles.com is a great resource for high end closeout gear.  

Polos: Greyson.  They're the best.  Wicked stylish.  Incredibly comfortable and breathable.  They do run a touch large, but fit perfectly.  Their original sticker prices are crazy high, but they mark them down really fast and end up being reasonable a couple seasons down the road.  Couldn't recommend the product more.  

Pants/Shorts: Dunning.  I am truly blown away by how good these products are.  They are incredibly flexible.  Don't have that terrible swishing sounds that lots of synthetic pants do and are really comfortable.  Again, a brand that is expensive on face value but you can always find great deals (snagged mine on a 40% clearance event). Tons of colors and to be honest, they're great for any outdoor activity (in Vermont we tend to get all 4 seasons in a single day so waterproof/breathable pants that look good in a bar go a looooong way). 

Socks: Stance.  I am flat in love with Stance socks. The Nicklaus stuff is soooooo nice.  Incredibly comfortable and breathable for 18 holes in the mountains and always stylish.  The Caddyshack socks are pretty sick too.  

Fleece/Wool Layers: Patagonia.  No golf brand can contend with Patagucci.  Their layering is the best on the market, period.  Don't bother spending tons of money on cool kid golf brands here.  Go to your local Patagonia outlet.  Or hit up their sale section of the website.  Or wait until their semi annual sales.  Again, they discount their highest end gear ALLLLL the time.  Whether it's the R1/R2 fleece or the Nano Puff/Air vest, this the only layering you need for Vermont in the spring and fall and I promise if it works here, it works EVERYWHERE.

Again, this is an area of personal expertise so I'm happy to answer any questions!

I don't find that Greyson runs large compared to some of the other golf brands. To me, they are a bit tapered, so its more of an athletic/slim fit in the waist. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

On 6/27/2020 at 6:25 PM, VTSoxFan said:

25 minutes ago, Rushigan said:

@VTSoxFan Thanks for writing such a detailed response. I knew we were similar in our fit preference with your Dunning recommendation. I keep coming back to their shorts and pants even after getting other brands. Can't recommend enough. 

I just bought two G/Fore polos during their half price sale and I like their fit a lot. I'll have to get a Greyson polo as well to try it out. I'll have to try Stance socks as well. 

I have been wanting to give Dunning a shot for a while, but haven’t brought myself to pull the trigger yet. Do either of you have experience with their polos? 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

On 3/26/2020 at 2:15 AM, haimen said:

I am looking for golf apparel of favorite brand for men, women & kids. There is a great number of Golf Apparel brands like Adidas, Puma, Under Armour and much more.  But I don't know, which one is the best. How one can get all this collection at best prices guaranteed! Guys please help me to give your best answers for my both questions.

1) What is a best brand of golf apparel?

2) Why are golf clothes so expensive?

3) How can I get coupon codes for shoes?

1) I guess thats up to you, I prefer wicking materials and i'm not brand loyal.

2) That's a very good question. My personal belief is that its a niche market and usually targeted at the higher end income person. Usually golfers like to have the bestest nicest stuff and clothing isn't an exemption. 

3) Download the "honey" app for your computer it automatically applies the cupons it finds.

4) Just my 2 cents shop at used clothes stores (thrift stores). I usually stop in once a week and see what on the shelf. Everything in my closet is from a thrift shop and bought new with tags still on for less that 1/4 of the retail price.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

1 hour ago, JohnSmalls said:

I have been wanting to give Dunning a shot for a while, but haven’t brought myself to pull the trigger yet. Do either of you have experience with their polos? 

Dunning are comfortable and great on/off course option. I don’t wear their stuff in the heat and humidity of DC area. I have a couple and save them for spring and fall golf but are in my rotation for work when I’m in the office 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

One brand I recently started wearing for my golf shirts is John Morgan. For years I purchased (for golf) what I saw in a PGA SS, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc the standard Nike, UA, and Adidas. Maybe an occasional Polo Ralph Lauren.

I really like the John Morgan golf shirts. I get quality, good look/classic look and built in stretch material without feeling overly like a workout shirt. I am stocky build and these do not restrict me at all whether my shirt is out (practicing) or tucked in (competition). 

First to admit they are a little pricey but IMO well worth investment. https://johnmorgansportswear.com/collections/summer-golf-collection

Most current day softer polyesters are derived from petroleum based products versus the plant based of the 70s and 80s which produced heavier, itchier clothing. The raw material cost is also going up due to the addition of new aromatics like paraxylene, which help with the stretch of the material. They are no longer taking polyester and making a shirt from it, they are adding new hydrocarbons/aromatics to the polyester for better performance = higher $$$ for raw materials. 

A lot goes into the price of a shirt. R&D, raw materials, overhead (salaries, office space, etc), marketing, retail space or website, etc. I know a rep with a major golf apparel line and they said a general rule of thumb is if you look at the retail price of the shirt, half goes to the manufacturer, half goes to the retailer. If you see a shirt marked down around 50%, then that retailer is desperate to get it out of their inventory. 

Shirts, pants, and shorts have some of the highest markups for their company. Shoes, hats and other accessories don't have quite the markup. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Honestly, I’ll buy whatever is on sale. Thankfully, there is an Outlet Mall nearby and I’ve bought too many pairs of shorts to count from UA and Adidas stores. Don’t think I ever paid more than $30 for any one pair of shorts from them once they’re on sale. 

Shirts however, I’m extremely picky about ... do like the Nike blade collar shirts and just recently discovered Adidas Heat.Rdy blade polos that are in their tennis category. Bought 3 pairs of their shirt (white, teal, and light purple) and I absolutely love them and only hope they make more. 

I’ll also admit, I do try to keep my attire worn for my rounds on the course all within the same brand. Nike hat, shorts, shirt, shoes ... same for other brands. Did recently order Skechers golf shoes and curious how that attire will work the first time out. Lol

As PrimeTime said it himself, ‘If you look good, you feel good ... if you feel good, you play good ... if you play good, you get paid good.’ 😎

But I agree, golf attire is pricey and I rarely ever pay full price. 

4AA8A0F3-AE63-4E0F-B0F7-0A1335C74499.gif

Driver: :ping-small: G410 SFT 10.5*

3W: :cobra-small:  Speedzone 14.5*

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21*

Irons: image.png.ec9b0a77ef708074b5547162186659f4.png  Forged Tec One Length (5i-GW)

Wedges: image.png.3c33ed301e51199de9e62f474f52b6e0.png T22 55* & 59*

Putter: image.png.f53011d6b358811f2c4cdcc166aeeffa.png  002 Mid-Mallet

Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft LS & :Snell: Prime-X

image.png

For Polo’s:
1) Puma ( love the graphics/designs)
2)Oakley ( slightly tight across shoulders, but great designs)
3)Nike ( the blade collars brought me back)
4) Under Armor( great shirts, a little vanilla in design for my taste)

Shorts
1) puma (great colors and comfort)
2) UA( super stylish bottoms, wish the tops looked as good
3)Oakley (breathable/comfortable)

Pants
1) Nike
2) UA
3) Puma

I suppose we all have different definitions of “expensive” but I shop the Adidas, Nike, & UA factory outlets: these aren’t irregular products, they’re just overstock. Most of my Puma gear is from the discount rack of Golf Galaxy or PGA tour superstore, or golf discount.com

- much like the ski/snowboard industry, last year’s products can be had for cheap..

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I have 5 Nike, 2 UA and 1 Callaway polos and I didn’t see any reason to pony up for an expensive brand. But I bought a $95 Travis Mathew polo on sale for about $55. And I have to say it’s clearly a better made shirt, longer tails (I’m tall so that’s a must), and the fabric is unbelievably thin and cooler - yet still opaque and presumably durable. I was so pleased I bought another TM polo, also on sale (I can’t justify $95).

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

• 1 month later...

Best is really subjective. Some of the most comfortable shirts I have ever worn have very wild prints. I love to have fun. I get lots of comments from I con't believe you would wear that to that looks great, to is that how you reused your mom's draperies. Check them out, Bad Birdie. I saw them on Shark Tank and had to have them. Incredibly comfortable. I own 4.

Mitchell Heller            

All lefty

Taylormade Stealth Plus - KBS TD 50 gram Regular flex. Sometimes Autoflex 405

Taylormade Stealth 3HL Fairway wood - Ventus Red Regular flex

Taylormade Stealth 4 and 5 hybrid Ventus Red Regular Flex

PXG 28 degree hybrid KBS TGI 70 Regular flex

Taylormade P790 6,7,8,9,P 3 degrees flat - Ventus Red Regular Flex

Taylormade MG3 50  and 54 degree 3 degrees flat - Ventus Red Regular Flex          Taylormade MG 60 degree - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge Shaft

LAB MEZZ 1 putter

OnCore ELIXR 2020

• 4 weeks later...

I've only had a few high quality polos like Greg Norman, Nike etc because they are expensive but I absolutely have never found a cheap shirt that is as nice as some of the expensive ones. Definitely have seen some expensive ones that weren't that nice as well though.

3 minutes ago, NewMillenniumAthletics said:

I've only had a few high quality polos like Greg Norman, Nike etc because they are expensive but I absolutely have never found a cheap shirt that is as nice as some of the expensive ones. Definitely have seen some expensive ones that weren't that nice as well though.

32Degrees makes really nice polos for $7.99-$11.99

i also just picked up their rain jacket for $24.99

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

32Degrees makes really nice polos for $7.99-$11.99

i also just picked up their rain jacket for $24.99

Might have to give them a try!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 11:31 PM, aerospace_ray said:

One brand I recently started wearing for my golf shirts is John Morgan. For years I purchased (for golf) what I saw in a PGA SS, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc the standard Nike, UA, and Adidas. Maybe an occasional Polo Ralph Lauren.

I really like the John Morgan golf shirts. I get quality, good look/classic look and built in stretch material without feeling overly like a workout shirt. I am stocky build and these do not restrict me at all whether my shirt is out (practicing) or tucked in (competition). 

First to admit they are a little pricey but IMO well worth investment. https://johnmorgansportswear.com/collections/summer-golf-collection

On your rec, I ordered a couple John Morgan shirts that were on sale. Look forward to trying them out! 

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

On 10/17/2020 at 6:49 PM, Tarheelvolvo said:

On your rec, I ordered a couple John Morgan shirts that were on sale. Look forward to trying them out! 

Alright @aerospace_ray, my John Morgan shirts arrived!

First off, super fast shipping!! I ordered them late Friday night and they were out the door Monday and to my door today!

Second, the box and presentation are TOP NOTCH! I've ordered much nicer, well known brands and they didn't take the time and effort to put their clothes in such a nice, sturdy box with tissue paper and their little sticker logo to seal it all up.

Lastly, I tired them on to make sure the fit was right before washing and was equally impressed. Great feeling fabric, longer than regular polos for active wear (eg: looks like they won't come untucked during your swing), and as Ray said, they are mostly cotton so feel soft on your skin😉

As long as these hold up during use and washes, I think these are my new go to! Nike, Adidas, Puma, Oxford, etc... all feel too plasticky and these are as good as, if not better than, Peter Millar quality at a fraction the price (if purchased on sale...which I obviously did!). Keep you guys posted on wear and tear as I have some tournaments coming up early next month.

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2