collins_xander

Does anyone have experiance with the Fujikura Ventus 4t Core shaft included with the new Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220

Our Sponsors

I cannot find any information about this, from Fujikura and I want to know the specs, they aren't on the Tour Edge website so I don't know how to find them, I emailed the Sales rep for Tour Edge but I haven't gotten a response yet

• Like 1

The specs are right on tour edge’s page. It’s possible it’s a made for tour edge shaft.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here is the link to the Ventus site, which has the specs at the bottom. https://fujikuragolf.com/woods/ventus

I was lucky enough to hit the new Ventus Blue and Ventus Black at a PGA Super Store in Palm Springs, CA. There was no one else in the store so I hit maybe 10 shafts on 3 different driver heads while chatting to various sales people.

The Ventus Black VeloCore was my favorite shaft of the bunch. It has a very stiff tip, similar to the HZRDUS line, but is softer feeling in the mid- and butt-sections. Subjectively, it really feels like I could load this shaft, and that it gave an extra whip through the ball. Even at my moderate swing speed of 106mph it didn't feel to "board-y", and produced spin numbers in the low 2000s with a 13.5* launch angle. 

For comparison, I also hit the HRZDUS Smoke and Smoke Green shafts. While the numbers were good, they felt like they had no action to them and were not right for my swing.

Edited by zrumble
Correction
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, zrumble said:

Here is the link to the Ventus site, which has the specs at the bottom. https://fujikuragolf.com/woods/ventus

I was lucky enough to hit the new Ventus Blue and Ventus Black at a PGA Super Store in Palm Springs, CA. There was no one else in the store so I hit maybe 10 shafts on 3 different driver heads while chatting to various sales people.

The Ventus Black 4T was my favorite shaft of the bunch. It has a very stiff tip, similar to the HZRDUS line, but is softer feeling in the mid- and butt-sections. Subjectively, it really feels like I could load this shaft, and that it gave an extra whip through the ball. Even at my moderate swing speed of 106mph it didn't feel to "board-y", and produced spin numbers in the low 2000s with a 13.5* launch angle. 

For comparison, I also hit the HRZDUS Smoke and Smoke Green shafts. While the numbers were good, they felt like they had no action to them and were not right for my swing.

Unless you are seeing something I’m not seeing the 4t specs aren’t on fujikura’s site. 

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Unless you are seeing something I’m not seeing the 4t specs aren’t on fujikura’s site. 

You’re right, I did more research on the topic. Both Taylormade and Tour Edge have a “made for” version of the shaft. 

Fujikura quote (from GolfWRX)

"The STOCK shafts used in the new TaylorMade products is a Ventus part without VeloCore Technology (no Pitch 70 ton or 40 ton in the bias core) that we worked in conjunction with TM to optimize the performance for a wide range of golfers. Please refer to TaylorMade for specs.

note: TaylorMade is the ONLY company offering ventus without VeloCore as their stock shaft. And their custom upgrade shafts are the aftermarket versions, hence the upcharge. So if you see a ventus part at another OEM it is our aftermarket part with VeloCore and carries a $350 MSRP. the only exception is Tour Edge has a Ventus with "4T Core" which is same construction as VeloCore, but without the $$$ Pitch 70T material. 4T core is all high-mod 40 Ton in the full length bias core."

Not confusing at all...