MGoBlue100

State by State Guide - Where CAN you play golf?

Our Sponsors

California is on lockdown. I thought about going to another state and then thought a little harder and realized that was crazy. Golf on my PS4 for the time being along with wearing out my putting mat.

:cobra-small: F9 9° Driver

:ping-small: G410 14.5° 3 wood

:ping-small: G410 17° Hybrid

:ping-small: i500 4i-UW

:titelist-small: SM8 56° SW

:titelist-small: SM8 60° LW

:cameron-small: Select Squareback 2018 Putter

:Snell: MTB-X Yellow

:Ogio: 2020 Convoy SE Cart bag

:footjoy-small: Tour X

Texas courses vary depending on county. Houston courses are mixed, even in the same county. City owned courses are shut down while public courses are open. However the neighboring counties have shut down most of the courses...north in Walker County, south in Galveston County...it's weird. I'm going up to Central Texas next weekend to go play with some family members. I imagine with the Governor starting to re-open the state, you'll see more and more courses re-open with certain stipulations. 

• :taylormade-small: '17 M1 w/ Kyoshi Black 65X tipped 1/2" 
  • :cobra-small: F7+ 3W 14.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  • :adams-small: Pro DHy 18* w/ Hzrdus Black 85 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :mizuno-small: 919 Forged 5-PW w/ Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54* & 58* w/ AWT 2.0 
  • :ping-small: Vault Arna w/ KBS CT Tour
  • '20 :bridgestone-small: Tour B X
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 

Illinois courses remain closed for the foreseeable future, but our neighbors in Indiana can play with the following caveats:

• Walk, or one person and bag per cart
  • 15 min intervals between tee times
  • Hands free where possible... No rakes; Pins remain in; Don't putt out (pool noodles in cups, raised cups, etc.); No ball washers, No divot mix, etc.
  • On-Course restrooms/Half-way houses are closed
  • No shaking hands (Duh!)

I'm fortunate enough to live near the IL/IN border, so playing in Hoosierstan is relatively easy.  The course I frequent has a great system... All tee times are made on-line, and paid in advance.  A staff member meets you at the bag drop with a cart that has been sanitized (and they do a great job).  You load your own bag after checking in, and it is off to the starter.  At the round's conclusion, an veritable army of staff (HS aged kids) descends on your cart and cleans it before returning it to the rotation.  The restaurant remains open, but is carry-out only.

I have been able to play three rounds there since the Coronapocalypse began, and the tee sheet was full each time.  In addition, there has been a 45-60 min. wait for food.  I hate the circumstances we all find ourselves in, but I'm glad they can stay open, and not lose their proverbial shirt while doing so.

I hope Illinois courses can follow suit soon!

On 4/17/2020 at 12:00 PM, bassngolfer said:

Our courses are open here, but it is walk only, with 15 minute intervals between groups. Clubhouse is closed, and the restaurant is carry out only. 

I'll take those restrictions than no golf at all!

In Southern California, Ventura and Riverside County courses are open with restrictions.

Played Los Robles in Thousand Oaks yesterday. Walking only but driving range is open. Restaurant open for take out. Groups are going out every 7 minutes. Tee times should be extended out to 15 minutes between groups and the range should have been closed or only open to players warming up. There were masses of people at the range and on one particular par 3 we had 3 groups waiting. 3 hours for front 9. Course was in great shape. Greens were like putting on carpet. Super slow. Pins in cups with a pool noodle in side.

Played Goose Creek in Eastvale today. Carts available for single riders. Groups going out every 15 minutes so great pace of play. 3.5 hours for full round with 3 players and 1 was walking. Practice facilities closed. No food or beverage services available. Course in great shape. Greens were on the slow side but not as slow as Los Robles. Looks recently punched but recovering.

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball : :callaway-small: Chromesoft Truvis / Taylormade TP5 Pix

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 20

In MI we are shutdown, but I don't know if I could spend the money on it if we could play, being furloughed and such.  Massive guilt.😧

I'd be OK with going to the range, a range, any range.

Two counties are open like mentioned above! But I’m hoping more in Southern California will open up soon! I’m heading out to the dessert to play this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

M5 7.5Deg UST Proforce V2 tipped 1" strong 70g X

M5 Rocket 3 14deg UST Proforce V2  70g X

GaparLo 2 17deg KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X

4-iron Titleist T-MB Project X 6.5

5-Pw Taylormade P7TW Project X 6.5

52 Slate Blue Vokey SM7 Project X 6.5

56 Jet Black Vokey SM7 Project X 6.0

60 HiToe Mill Grind Project X 6.0

IL is opening courses up on May 1. Can't wait to get out there and actually play some golf.

Driver:  :titelist-small:  TS3 w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki

DI: :nike-small: Vapor Fly Pro 3 iron with Fujikura Pro tour spec 95x

Irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged w/ DG TI S300 AMT White

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM6 52, TVD raw 60

Putter:   Compass Golf Co Custom Face Balanced Blade

Ball:  :Snell: MTB-X

On 4/8/2020 at 10:17 AM, sixcat said:

Virginia is open for play with restrictions.  But participation is down dramatically.

Most of the courses in Central VA are open.  Some of the courses in Northern VA are closed....go figure? 

I am a member at Viniterra and it has been packed 7 days a week since this started.  They do a great job of having wipes, etc. available and order out food and adhering to the governor's directives.  I'm just glad courses are open.

:ping-small:       Driver:  G410 LST 9 +1 Flat w/Tour AD DI 6X Orange

:taylormade-small:  3 Metal:   M2 13 degree w/Tour AD DJ 7X Orange

:titelist-small:          Hybrid:  818 21 

:mizuno-small:        4-PW:  MP 20  w/Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small:        Wedges:  52-56-60: Mizuno MP R12 w/KB STE 610 Wedge 125 S+

:whitlam-golf-1:    Putter:  Joseph SS303 w/Super Stroke Fatso 5.0

:Snell:  Ball:  MTB Black

:1590477705_SunMountain: C130 S    🇺🇸

Most of the courses in Central VA are open.  Some of the courses in Northern VA are closed....go figure? 
I am a member at Viniterra and it has been packed 7 days a week since this started.  They do a great job of having wipes, etc. available and order out food and adhering to the governor's directives.  I'm just glad courses are open.

A month ago, when I made that post, play in SWVA was down drastically. It’s picked up quite a bit in the past couple of weeks but the weather is hurting that now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy