TESTERS WANTED! ×

Miura VS Seven Golf

Briton

My next set i get, i will need to save up for, is going to be one of these 2 brands. Leaning towards Miura just because they are a little more affordable. Has anyone tried either of these and have opinions or thoughts on them?

Are they worth the money? Which  set of Muira's do you recommend?

:918457628_PrecisionPro:-NX9 HD slope

:scotty-small:-Newport 2.5

:vokey-small:-Sm8 (50,56,60)

:Miura:=4-PW TC-201

:mizuno-small:-2 iron HMB MP 20

:callaway-small:-Driver --Mavrik Sub Zero

3 hours ago, Briton said:

My next set i get, i will need to save up for, is going to be one of these 2 brands. Leaning towards Miura just because they are a little more affordable. Has anyone tried either of these and have opinions or thoughts on them?

I've played the 1008s for the last 1.5 years, and Baby Blades before them (along with all Miura Wedges).  Prior to those, I was playing some Epon 301s.  The Miuras are fantastic forged irons.  The feel is the perfect balance of firm and soft.  Firmer than Epon, softer than Titleist, (forgings) and they look amazing.

The thing I think most people miss is that the tolerances and quality control are also second to none.  I've had irons heads where the hosels are so big that the shafts have to be shimmed, and the weights vary from head to head of the same iron.  With Miura, all the specs have been far tighter in my experience.

I have zero experience with Seven, but milling clubs from a solid block is EXPENSIVE.  There's actually a Tyson Lamb video where he's talking about one piece putters and how you have to mill a 10 lb billet to get a one pound putter.  Expensive, and really not particularly advantageous in my opinion.  Now I can't really speak to the specifics of the metal Seven is working with - but one of the advantages to forging heads is that it forces the grain to align within the metal which creates a more consistent material (particularly with regards to energy transfer).  If they're taking a forged chunk of steel and then milling it, that's great, however if they're just taking a non forget chunk and milling it - it would seem like a bit of a waste.  

Again, I know nothing about Seven, but Miuras have been great to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I've play the miura tc501 for a few years they are the perfect clubs for me. The feel is unbelievable and I have no desire to try anything else.
Talked my friend into trying the ic-601's loves them and his hcp has dropped from 16 to 12 and he's really enjoying the game.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 10:42 AM, Briton said:

I haven't played either but I've been playing a set of Yururi 53*, 57* & 61* Gekku wedges for 3 years.  I've replaced the 61 a couple times.  They are forged in the same factory as the Miura....where Samurai swords were made hundreds of years ago.  I've loved these wedges and think they are superior to offerings from the big companies.  I would love a set of Miura blades and was pointed in that direction until I discovered the reincarnation of Hogan golf.  Their blades are so nice and they cost a fraction of what Miura charges.  

I was shocked to see a Miura review, from a former Spy, on Plugged-In Golf’s website that said the Miuras he tried didn’t feel great, and weren’t very forgiving . Shocked. First negative I’ve read!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

40 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I was shocked to see a Miura review, from a former Spy, on Plugged-In Golf’s website that said the Miuras he tried didn’t feel great, and weren’t very forgiving . Shocked. First negative I’ve read!!!

I think people expect Miuras to feel soft like a Mizuno or other forged head. But the miuras aren’t a soft feeling head. They are more a dense and solid feel. So when people hit them even on a flushed shot they get something different than expected and the don’t like it. 

Ive had cb57 and have cb301 and have hit the 1957 baby blades (talk about small and old school). I absolutely love the feel and sound of miuras. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I think people expect Miuras to feel soft like a Mizuno or other forged head. But the miuras aren’t a soft feeling head. They are more a dense and solid feel. So when people hit them even on a flushed shot they get something different than expected and the don’t like it. 

Ive had cb57 and have cb301 and have hit the 1957 baby blades (talk about small and old school). I absolutely love the feel and sound of miuras. 

I’ve only hit them once during a fitting for shafts back in 2014. They were CB-501 and I loved them! Just couldn’t afford them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

35 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I’ve only hit them once during a fitting for shafts back in 2014. They were CB-501 and I loved them! Just couldn’t afford them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They are expensive. The cb57 I got for a steal and are one of two sets of clubs I wish I never got rid of. I dumped my pxgs to get the cb301.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 2 months later...

I play the Miura 1957 small blades. I'm 70 years old and have a legit 9.6 index but I play yardages less that 6000 yards. The clubs are awesome. I hit the 5 thru pw really well but struggle a bit with the 3 and 4, not the clubs fault but the player. I'm in the market for the new Baby Blades, pricey but they look so cool in the bag and I can back em up with performance. Great clubs and lots of fun.

Edited by mikedevine

• 1 month later...

I think my next set is going to be Miura... I've slowed my ho-ing quite a bit and I'm ready to commit

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

I have been playing mc501 for the last year and this the first time in awhile that I can say I do not want new irons.    They are solid feeling, extremely accurate and somewhat forgiving, given the iron type.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

• 2 weeks later...

My CB-301 set was my second set after finally committing to the game. Telling anyone how they feel/perform is subjective, so I'll use data and a timeline for my opinion. Take it for what it's worth, but an important note- I didn't take any lessons in 2019 at all preferring to use my limited time on course when I could play. 

December 2017- Started my golf journey with a set of used Taylormade M1 irons 4-PW

February 2018- Fitted for my first set- Callaway Rogue 4-PW

December 2018- End of my first full season. Handicap 19.4

February 2019- Tried a buddies Miura CB-1008 set at our local Simulator club. By the end of the month I had been fitted for, and ordered a set of CB-301's.

December 2019- End of second full season. Beginning handicap- 19.4. End of year handicap- 13.3.

Did I progress naturally based on ability, were the Miura's the reason for my improvement, combo of both? All of this is debatable, but one answer I have complete confidence in- the Miura's certainly didn't hurt my game. Here's my subjective side- I have tried and gamed almost every players distance iron offering during this 2020 season (I'm a complete club garden tool) and so far nothing I've tested has come remotely close to the feel and consistency I get from my CB-301's. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

@Briton great topic. 

I am fairly new to golf and, cost is my biggest hurdle to golf. It is fun just reading the responses. One can dream.

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

7 hours ago, Buffly said:

@Briton great topic. 

I am fairly new to golf and, cost is my biggest hurdle to golf. It is fun just reading the responses. One can dream.

Keep searching, bud. There are deals out there on top shelf JDM equipment. They may not be brand new, but you can find what you're after and make it work for your budget. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 7:42 PM, Briton said:

I have the fortunate of unfortunate pleasure of owning both. I opted for the TC201 in Miura and the MB’s in Seven Golf but I’ll add another twist, I also own an unfamiliar brand called Fujimoto which is also Japanese.

For a start, the Seven’s are superior to the Miura in every way. One can ask, are they $2000 better and the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT! The Moira’s are exceptional, they feel great, they look spectacular and everyone wants them because they are Miura.

The Seven’s are a lot softer, obviously being full MB’s. They look better, the build quality is so much better and they go far for MB’s. I’ve found them to be forgiving too despite them being blades. They’re FANTASTIC but I think they’re more for appreciation and self satisfaction than anything. It’s clubs that you can say, I own a set of Sevens!

The best of the lot are the Fujimotos. Soft, beautiful, priced right and I can only say...They’re an epic set! Hit my first gross 73 with them. One other thing, you’re likely to be alone. The quad nine wedges are even better. BUTTER all the way.

My recommendation: Buy what makes your heart happy, they all do the same thing at the end of the day. You can’t go wrong with either.

CFF99030-B28E-41A6-9EA3-BFD43149D3C4.jpeg

Miura, Fujimoto and Seven GolfE301E348-3506-4F0A-8C8F-0AB76BE4CD55.jpeg.52fbac954c24a67296a109214ebf70ee.jpeg

• 5 months later...
On 12/24/2020 at 6:09 PM, Bafedile said:

I have the fortunate of unfortunate pleasure of owning both. I opted for the TC201 in Miura and the MB’s in Seven Golf but I’ll add another twist, I also own an unfamiliar brand called Fujimoto which is also Japanese.

For a start, the Seven’s are superior to the Miura in every way. One can ask, are they $2000 better and the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT! The Moira’s are exceptional, they feel great, they look spectacular and everyone wants them because they are Miura.

The Seven’s are a lot softer, obviously being full MB’s. They look better, the build quality is so much better and they go far for MB’s. I’ve found them to be forgiving too despite them being blades. They’re FANTASTIC but I think they’re more for appreciation and self satisfaction than anything. It’s clubs that you can say, I own a set of Sevens!

The best of the lot are the Fujimotos. Soft, beautiful, priced right and I can only say...They’re an epic set! Hit my first gross 73 with them. One other thing, you’re likely to be alone. The quad nine wedges are even better. BUTTER all the way.

My recommendation: Buy what makes your heart happy, they all do the same thing at the end of the day. You can’t go wrong with either.

Just gorgeous looking irons! From what you're saying they feel even better than they look!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2020 at 12:09 AM, Bafedile said:

Hi i wonder how you see the feel.the forgiveness and which one goes further between seven and fujimoto

Or maybe kyioe is also upthere