silver & black

Looking to purchase a push cart

Our Sponsors

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Click Gear 3.5 and 4.0? They seem very similar, but the 3,5 is quite a bit more money.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 11:06 AM, silver & black said:

I have the Sun Mountain C130 cart bag. I've been You Tubing push carts for the last couple of hours...lol. I'm leaning heavily to the Bag Boy Nitron.

I just bought a Nitron. Deal was too good to pass by.

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 5/26/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Nippon Zelos 7 Hybrid S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

18 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I just bought a Nitron. Deal was too good to pass by.

Cool! let me know what you think. I'm probably going the same route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver & black said:

Cool! let me know what you think. I'm probably going the same route.

It seems pretty awesome just unfolding it at my house. You should see if the Golf Galaxy deal comes around again. It was $207 and then I got them to apply the $20 off $150, so it was $187.

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Fujikura and Nippon fan. Connoisseur of grips.

Updated 5/26/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Nippon Zelos 7 Hybrid S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  :scotty-small: Squareback 1 - Sense Grips S1

Current Putter Collection:EVNROLL: ER10 Outback,  :bettinardi-small: 2017 Studio Stock 3, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

Hey @silver & black, another update for you, this time a sadder one. Looks like Rock Bottom Golf sold their allotment of Nitrons, so no more 22% off deal there. Sorry compadre. Big Max still has most of their lineup there, but I think it's primarily out of your acceptable price range, even with the savings.

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:755178188_TourEdge:  CB4 Tour 16.5*, Aldila RIP 70-S

:cobra-small: F7 ONE 5-S, UST Recoil 680 F4 in 5 iron, KBS Tour R+ in rest

:cobra-small: KING ONE 60*, KBS Tour FLT 

:nickent-small: Pipe

:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour... For now

:CaddyTek: Caddylite 15.3 V1

Go Orange!

One other option is to look for something on Facebook Marketplace.  There are some good push carts for not that much money.  I have a Clicgear 3.0 and really like it if you are looking for new.  

Driver - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3 and 4 - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS,58 ES

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

11 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Hey @silver & black, another update for you, this time a sadder one. Looks like Rock Bottom Golf sold their allotment of Nitrons, so no more 22% off deal there. Sorry compadre. Big Max still has most of their lineup there, but I think it's primarily out of your acceptable price range, even with the savings.

I'm willing to spend a little more... I'm just frugal... it comes naturally...lol.

I'm more concerned with getting a quality product that won't start falling apart and giving me trouble.

I've been wanting the BagBoy Nitron but everywhere I look they're sold out.  I like my Clicgear 3.5 but opening/closing the cart compared to the Nitron...dang...time to get a Nitron...

23 hours ago, Jeffro808 said:

I've been wanting the BagBoy Nitron but everywhere I look they're sold out.  I like my Clicgear 3.5 but opening/closing the cart compared to the Nitron...dang...time to get a Nitron...

You might want to try Golf Galxy or Dicks online,  I got an email from one of them earlier today--LOL Can't rember whichh one. they are back in stock but expected to go quickly.  

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

13 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You might want to try Golf Galxy or Dicks online,  I got an email from one of them earlier today--LOL Can't rember whichh one. they are back in stock but expected to go quickly.  

Thanks!  I got a call from a friend at our local Roger Dunn and they had 1 coming in!  I told him that I'm buying it!

• Like 1

Almost all my playing mates have Clicgear. One you get the hang of unfolding and refolding them they seem amazing. One nice thing I have noticed is the amount of Accessories they have available, if they do not have you do not need it 🙂

I also love to walk but due to illness had to go electric. I have a GoKart, looks like a push as battery is hidden quite well.

header-green-2048w.jpg

• Like 1

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Driver 10.5 Degree

Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Epic Hybrid 18 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 3-AW Irons

Cleveland 48 and 54 Degree Wedges Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway Clubs

Callaway Big Bertha Putter - for when it is wet

La Jolla Putter with Flat Car Grip.

Preferred ball - Anything that is free, if not Titlist Pro V1x 

I just found a website that has a Rovik available.  https://skybreed-discs.com/collections/disc-golf-bags-and-accessories/products/rovic-rv1d-disc-golf-cart  

Believe it or not this is the "disc" golf version of this cart.  It's for frisbee golf, which is why they still have product.  There is a conversion kit that gives you extra straps to hold a golf bag. 

Just ordered.  I'll post when it arrives and see if it actually works for golf.  Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2020 at 12:41 PM, TR1PTIK said:

CaddyTek seems to be a good option for under $200, but if you want better quality I'd scope out eBay for a decent Clicgear. I was lucky to get my 3.5+ from a friend for $100 like new.

I love my CaddyTek. Bought the 4 wheel cart from Costco about a month ago for $149. Used it for about 4 rounds now. Pushes easily and has everything I could need and more. Love the compartment at the bottom with the cooler and the basket at the top. 2 of my friends have the compact bag boy which has no pockets. Might roll a bit better but I would pick my CaddyTek every time.

Edited by Kmoney11

On 3/27/2020 at 5:02 PM, silver & black said:

In lieu of the current situation in the world, I will probably play a lot more by myself. I would love to walk. What push cart/s perform well for no more than $200.00?

I just got a clikgear 4, a little more than the 200 you mention but be that as it may, its a great cart to use and fits easily in the trunk of my car.

On 5/13/2020 at 3:51 PM, Mowine4me said:

I just found a website that has a Rovik available.  https://skybreed-discs.com/collections/disc-golf-bags-and-accessories/products/rovic-rv1d-disc-golf-cart  

Believe it or not this is the "disc" golf version of this cart.  It's for frisbee golf, which is why they still have product.  There is a conversion kit that gives you extra straps to hold a golf bag. 

Just ordered.  I'll post when it arrives and see if it actually works for golf.  Wish me luck!

My Rovik "disk golf" cart arrived along with the conversion kit.  Happy to say, it works great and I played my first 18 with the new gear today.

If you get the disk golf cart be warned there are no directions on how to use the conversion kit, so it helps to be a little handy.  Pretty easy though. 

1. Basically you get two sets of straps.  The longer ones fit in the upper brackets.  The shorter ones replace the bottom set of bungee cords on the cart. 
  2. In both cases there is a screw that fits into a bolt, so you just unscrew one and swap in the other.  I will say the upper set didn't align perfectly, so I used a drill bit to widen it slightly.
  3. There is one weird plastic piece.  That goes inside the storage compartment on the handle and holds up to 3 golf balls in place.

So 10-30 minutes, depending on your sill level.  Pretty easy, and a great solution at this point when no one seems to have a golf cart in stock.

Clicgear has reconditioned carts that sell below the new cart price and in your price range, but in my experience of buying and owning a Clicgear 3.5+ reconditioned cart, it is everything expected with a new cart and the company stands behind it as it does all of their other carts and accessories.  It is necessary to call the company to learn what their current availability is for reconditioned carts as they are immediately available for sale as soon as they are ready, and that means the available carts are only on-hand until bought.

https://www.clicgearusa.com/products/reconditioned-clicgear-rovic-carts

Verified Hack, 31 handicap (for now) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

Big Dogs: Rawlings Fairway Lies driver, TaylorMade M3 3w, O'Donnell hybrids (10, 15, 19, 27 loft), Ginty trouble club (29 loft)

Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Confidence 9i, Worx hybrid wedge (55 loft), Lovett hybrid wedge (59 loft)

Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1 

CoverLogoS-H c sm.png "The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️              EPLogo sm.jpg