Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Soft ball with avg spin

As a avid tinkerer of equipment and living in the Midwest I change to a softer ball come winter season. That means 40* or less in my world and quite normal from Nov-March, but gotta play. When it's cold I switch from my Pro Vx to usually a srixon soft feel or the TruFeel this past winter. I love the soft feel and they dont spin like my Vx does. Last few rounds lately I have shot extremely well with the softer ball, especially mid-irons thru wedges. However I have 126+mph driver club head, and when it warms up outside, the soft balls don't fly far compared to the Vx on my woods. What I ideally want is a softer feel ball with a little less spin that can handle a high swing speed. Any recommendations?? Would love to find something not $45 a dz as playing multiple times a week you can burn thru some $$ over a full season. Tried both chrome softs and hate them. Didn't mind the TP5 but is there a hidden gem I should try?

Titleist AVX would probably be your best bet. 

For less money perhaps the Qstar tour our Snell mtb, but you'll likely be giving up distance. 

There's no such thing as a soft ball that can keep up, distance wise, with firmer balls. 

You have to sacrifice distance for feel

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

Titleist AVX would probably be your best bet. 

For less money perhaps the Qstar tour our Snell mtb, but you'll likely be giving up distance. 

There's no such thing as a soft ball that can keep up, distance wise, with firmer balls. 

You have to sacrifice distance for feel

Appreciate the advice. 

You can try the Wilson Duo Pro. About $35 a dozen. TXG did a video with this ball against a Srixon XV. Less ball speed with the Wilson and a little less distance off the driver, other than that it held its own and the guy in the video has a similar swing speed.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right