TESTERS WANTED! ×

We did LL/LS, how about a favorite ML/MS?

therod

Since we had a favorite low launch low spin question, it makes me wonder...what is our favorite mid launch mid spin shaft? I gamed a Blue NXT when Aldila first released it and had great success with it in a KZG Gemini 2. I've been considering trying another in my F7+, as well as an Evenflow Blue.

Not really my wheelhouse but the driver shafts that I have hit that produced the highest launch and most spin.....

GD Tour AD IZ and the Fuji Speeder 661 Tour Spec.  I really liked the 661, not the same specs by any means but you'll see Dustin Johnson will go back to this shaft from time to time when he's struggling with the driver.  I still have this shaft on my 3W.

Edited by KatoGolfer

Driver: Taylormade '16 M2, Aldila NV 2KXV X

3W:  Taylormade '16 M2, Speeder 661 X

3:  Callaway X-forged UT 21*

4-P:  Callaway X-Forged, Modus 3 120 - S

Wedges:  50* - Callaway Apex Pro 19, 54* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black, 58* - Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black

Putter:  currently Odyssey Works V-Line Versa CB - 36"

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

Diamana Blueboard certainly deserves mention. Between Tour and Amateur usage, it’s been a mainstay for two decades.

For the lower priced segment I’d throw the Aldila NVS in for consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I'm not a high spin high launch guy. I've been wondering if I'd gain a few yards if I went to a higher launching shaft. I'm playing an F7+. My shaft selection is a Wave and 3 hbp shafts, a KuroKage and a red and a blue ProLaunch. I had good luck with the Aldila blue NXT years ago in a KZG Gemini, maybe the longest driver l ever used. I've thought about getting another one of those shafts to try. I've also thought about getting the red version on eBay to try. Like I said, I'm not high launch or high spin, and I hit my driver around 275. Do I hit it far enough? Yes. But we all want to hit it farther. I'm also now in my 40s and I know at some point age and my lack of being able to play 2xs a week any more will be catching up with me.

36 minutes ago, therod said:

I'm not a high spin high launch guy. I've been wondering if I'd gain a few yards if I went to a higher launching shaft. I'm playing an F7+. My shaft selection is a Wave and 3 hbp shafts, a KuroKage and a red and a blue ProLaunch. I had good luck with the Aldila blue NXT years ago in a KZG Gemini, maybe the longest driver l ever used. I've thought about getting another one of those shafts to try. I've also thought about getting the red version on eBay to try. Like I said, I'm not high launch or high spin, and I hit my driver around 275. Do I hit it far enough? Yes. But we all want to hit it farther. I'm also now in my 40s and I know at some point age and my lack of being able to play 2xs a week any more will be catching up with me.

I’ve spent time at two different shaft companies and both have said that a shaft in itself isn’t going to drastically change launch or spin.

it’s fun to test and tinker but it can also be an expensive hobby within a hobby. Not all shafts work with all heads so something that worked in one head may give different results in another. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1