TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is your course open or closed?

In Virginia the Governor just announced a stay-at-home order extending into June (unless rescinded).  However, I've read the order, and we are still allowed to leave the house for "exercise", and businesses that were allowed to remain open previously are still allowed to remain open, subject to some restrictions.  Well, the course was allowed to be open after the previous Executive Order, and golf remains exercise, so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to continue playing.  I'll try to update this once I get confirmation from the club.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 3/29/2020 at 4:23 PM, tony@CIC said:

The counties in Ohio can override that. There are counties in northeast and southwest Ohio that have deemed courses non essential and closed them until further notice.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yeah, have been getting emails today about several courses here in Central Ohio that are opening this week.

4 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

In Virginia the Governor just announced a stay-at-home order extending into June (unless rescinded).  However, I've read the order, and we are still allowed to leave the house for "exercise", and businesses that were allowed to remain open previously are still allowed to remain open, subject to some restrictions.  Well, the course was allowed to be open after the previous Executive Order, and golf remains exercise, so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to continue playing.  I'll try to update this once I get confirmation from the club.

Wow until June!  I'm itching to hit some balls here in Michigan.  Only a few warm days so far and I wish I would have taken advantage of them when I had the chance.

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :callaway-small:                    

PXG 0211 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik 21* 7W
Taylormade RSi1 5 Iron
Taylormade RSi2 6-PW
Taylormade PSI 50*
Callaway Jaws 54* C Grind
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Maxfli Tour

... I posted this in the Corona 19 thread but it probably applies even more here:

I post this for reference, not politics. For those wondering if you are gonna be forced to follow a Stay At Home order and whether or not your course will be open, take a look at your states Governor. 22 of 24 states with Democrats have issued a SAH. 9 of 26 states with Republicans have issued a SAH. While not all SAH states have declared golf courses non essential, your governor will have the biggest say in whether you can play golf. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Emails are coming in from my local courses saying they are open.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Emails are coming in from my local courses saying they are open.  

Same. We’re in the 50’s this week and for the foreseeable future. I’d expect to see a good amount of play.
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Hello again everyone, after Golf Australia recommending all Australian course to close, and therefore my course Seabrook G C closing last night, I have just received another email saying that the Tasmanian Premier (= USA Governor) said that he regarded golf as excellent exercise and therefore as long as people only play in pairs and respect all other social distancing practices golf is fine. This means that my course re opens tomorrow. Unfortunately I go back to work for 7 days as of tomorrow so missed my game this time. I can only hope that the message is the same in a week's time.🤔

Not sure what other courses in Tasmania are doing at this point. Hopefully having a game in a week!

Taylomde 300 mini

Cleveland halo 3 & 5 woods

Ping i210 4 to G

Ping glide 3 54 & 60

Odyssey 2 ball putter.

Our course is still open as is the rest in our county. One person per cart except couples who live in the same household. Leave the pin in and if close to the pin pick up and count one stroke. The pro shop is open, but the restaurant is closed. If you are in the sand trap you can take it out and drop no closer to the hole. No rakes in the bunker. That being said my wife and I came out Monday and there was only 3 people on the driving range and no one on the first tee. No more than 3 groups on the course. Never seen that here before. People must be staying at home. 

22 hours ago, mcmarsico said:

My course is still open (near Atlanta, GA), but everything inside the clubhouse has shut down. You can still order take out food, but locker room, bag storage, etc. is understandably closed. Like most, the course is walking only or 1 person per cart. As of a few days ago, that even includes people that live in the same house as you. I was going to go play nine holes with my sons the other day, and we were told that we couldn't ride in a cart together. While that didn't make a lot of since to me, I am very thankful that our course is staying open. My boys are too young to walk nine holes, but we have a short course that we were still able to play on. 

I too am very thankful our course is open.  I don't know what I would do if it wasn't.  My best friend lives in MD (just across the DE/MD line) and he is not allowed to come into the state and play.  His course is closed so I guess it's my time to get better than him!!!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

The public courses in Fort Collins, CO are closed.  I am not sure about some of the private courses.  I believe Fort Collins Country Club is open to walkers or those who own their own carts with facilities closed.  I am not sure about the other private clubs.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Portland, OR courses remain opened with the safety guidelines enacted and I believe the same is true for most, if not all of OR. Our governor mandated "relatively relaxed" stay in place guidelines and encourages mental and physical well-being during the crisis as long as guidelines are followed.

Course Safety:

Tee times booked online, digital transactions preferred
No Cash
Flag sticks not touched
Cups flipped for shallow ball retrieval
1 per cart (unless same household)
No rakes

I haven't been to a course in a little over a week, but I would imagine the greens crew is going to have to pull back from normal operation conditions. I'm interested to see how that effects the courses.

:titelist-small: TS4, 9.5, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 6.5TX
:cleveland-small: Launcher 3W, 15, Fujikara Gold X-Stiff
:callaway-small: Apex Pro 19 4-W, Dynamic Gold X100
:vokey-small: SM6 56
:vokey-small: SM7 50, 52, 60
:scotty-small: Circa 62 No. 2
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Home Course/Club has two 18 hole courses.  Both closed (State of MD mandated).  Who knows for how long???

Another question:  for those of you that pay dues...how you feeling about having to pay full dues with ZERO golf?  I am torn...i get it that course have to be maintained but FULL dues.  Rounds will be awfully expensive this year.....

JScott

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

1 hour ago, JScott said:

Home Course/Club has two 18 hole courses.  Both closed (State of MD mandated).  Who knows for how long???

Another question:  for those of you that pay dues...how you feeling about having to pay full dues with ZERO golf?  I am torn...i get it that course have to be maintained but FULL dues.  Rounds will be awfully expensive this year.....

JScott

Its a tough time for the golf courses too.  They have commitments, mortgage and other loans, and at least a minimum level of staff to pay to keep everything from falling apart.  That said, the federal stimulus has made money available to help with those things.  To me, the right thing to do from a club owner standpoint is to see how things work out, see how it looks a few months after play is allowed to resume, and only then consider doing something to repay the loyalty of those who continued to pay dues.  

In my mind, that's the right thing for any club that has dues-paying members, whether its a private equity club, a private for-profit club, or a semi-private club that has both members and outside play.  Hopefully, loyalty gets rewarded.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Well said!

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Florida........home to many many golf courses......Effective at midnight Thursday night for 30 days, all non essential businesses will be closed. To my knowledge, this includes the golf courses, but our GM says that is not completely clear at this time. Hopefully we will know more tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Thursday’s is usually my honey-do day. Gotta talk to SWMBO tonight and try to play tomorrow.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Just saw an update.......seems that recreational areas are exempt.

Hmmmmmm......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Just saw an update.......seems that recreational areas are exempt.

Hmmmmmm......

Seems to be the trend; the stipulation will be they must follow social distancing.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

The public courses in Fort Collins, CO are closed.  I am not sure about some of the private courses.  I believe Fort Collins Country Club is open to walkers or those who own their own carts with facilities closed.  I am not sure about the other private clubs.

Still open down in Colorado Springs, played 9 today. Social distancing is very evident.

Crowds were down today, walked 9 in 1.5hrs even though we had to wait on a few holes.

14 hours ago, toehold57 said:

Still open down in Colorado Springs, played 9 today. Social distancing is very evident.

Crowds were down today, walked 9 in 1.5hrs even though we had to wait on a few holes.

Where did you play?  I have played Patty Jewett more times than I can count (between 1986-1987, 1989).  I last played it a couple years ago.  I also spent a fair bit of time playing Pine Creek back in the early 90s.  Colorado Springs is my hometown.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

Our course never opened for the season, but the club itself has also been closed for about a month or so.

I don't miss the golf so much because we never got started, but I miss going to the club a lot.

Even if it were open, though, none of my crew would be going anyway.

We're taking this thing seriously.

Edited by RetiredBoomer

Our course in CT just opened up again this week. 

The cups were raised, now they are down and have the foam noodle in the cup.

I would rather have the cup raised. Not sure if I really want to play yet. 

I’m coming off quarantine today. Our whole department has been out, with one coworker on a ventilator for over a week. Scary stuff!

Unfortunately in PA all the courses are closed.  Although yesterday I did see a couple of golfers walking along the ninth hole at a local course.  I believe all the flags and rakes have been removed.  No word on when they will be re-opened.  

:titelist-small: 913D (8.5), 913Fd (15), 913h (19) Diamana shafts

:taylormade-small:  P790 4-PW KBS C-Taper Lite 

:benhogan-small:TK-15 52,56,60 KBS Tour Wedge

:odyssey-small: O-Works Versa #2

Pro V1x, Vice Pro Plus

Courses in East TN are open. My course is one  to a cart unless family. Cut pool noodles in the cups to keep the ball 1 inch from the top. No rakes for bunkers, no flags on the putting green. Asked not to touch flags on the green. Removed ball washers. Carts are disinfected after each round. Club house is closed but you can order from a take out window for food to go.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

My regular course is still open but all the muni courses are now closed in the Oklahoma City area.  I think it is likely a matter of time before all courses will be forced to close even though I don't personally see the risk playing golf unless one is just not taking any precautions at all.  The State has not implemented a stay at home mandate and the Governor is taking a lot of heat since Oklahoma is becoming a hot spot.  I think we are about to come to a grinding halt here.

Ping G425 Max 10.5 with a Tour AD IZ-7 XStiff 

Ping G425 3-wood (14.5 degree)

Ping G425 Hybrid (19 degree)

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged W/Stiff Shafts

Vokey SM8 50.08, 54.14, 58,10

Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 (2020)

Pro V1x