TESTERS WANTED! ×

Knee replacement both knees and golfing great

I had both knees replaced last summer and was out golfing again between knees and after both knees in very short time. I was thrilled just to be back out in the course. But I golfed better than I had in years, I didn’t realize how much my arthritis had worn me down, especially by the second 9 every game for the past 4 or 5 years. I had just thought this was me getting old.

I also started some leg strengthening and stretch exercises before and PT and even more exercises after my surgeries which has continued today. This includes some golf specific balance and strength exercises- which I am sure helps.
It’s also funny, with a much shorter distance the first timeout, I finally concentrated on strategy more which certainly helped my score. I never thought I would enjoy golf as much with a strategic focus as I did with an aggressive strategy. I love seeing that chip over the tree when I make it, even when I usually “almost made it”. ( I fully understood Kevin Costner’s Tin Cup’s attitude of “ I know I can make the green instead of laying up).

i am ready this spring to try my first walking 18 in many years- and no, I don’t consider myself old yet at 59, and in good shape, but my knees were so bad I could not walk before my surgery.

anyone else have any comments, suggestions following knee replacement out there?

Anyone need to get their knees replaced but are afraid not being able to continue their gold or other activities?

Cobra Driver, 3 wood, 4,5 hybrids, callaway irons,

• 1 month later...

As an update, I've gotten my pull cart out,filled the tires and walked 18 at Indianwood GC in Lake Orion ,tough back 9 on my knees (the course is  a little hilly) but made it. And I've walked 9 a few times on a flat course and loved walking! And happy with the game I am playing

Cobra Driver, 3 wood, 4,5 hybrids, callaway irons,

As an update, I've gotten my pull cart out,filled the tires and walked 18 at Indianwood GC in Lake Orion ,tough back 9 on my knees (the course is  a little hilly) but made it. And I've walked 9 a few times on a flat course and loved walking! And happy with the game I am playing

You’re a real-life “Bionic Man”!!! Best wishes on continued success with the new knees!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX