TESTERS WANTED! ×

Garmin Approach g-80 gps w/ integrated launch monitor

Have any of the spies out there checked this item out or are any of you using it? Intriguing in that the gps unit and launch monitor are in one handheld device. Set up looks simple and it provides some basic launch info for about 450-500 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have the Garmin G980 and love it.  I use it when I'm hitting into my net at home and have used it a few times on the course.  Before getting the G80, I used GolfPadGPS which is great for using on the course but wanted something for hitting into my net at home.  I've also used the G80 at a driving range that has Toptracer.  The data that I got from Toptracer and the G80 were close. 

• 1 year later...
On 5/1/2020 at 2:00 PM, Jeffro808 said:

I have the Garmin G980 and love it.  I use it when I'm hitting into my net at home and have used it a few times on the course.  Before getting the G80, I used GolfPadGPS which is great for using on the course but wanted something for hitting into my net at home.  I've also used the G80 at a driving range that has Toptracer.  The data that I got from Toptracer and the G80 were close. 

Same as Jeffro808. I find it very accurate with the irons- the total distance was as accurate as my friends 20k machine. I couldn’t compare my driver because my friend’s basement ceiling is too low for me. The distance seems accurate with the driver. But I use it as a launch monitor to track my iron distances and prevent large gaps, which it is very good at. The best thing is that it’s a great GPS as well. My favorite feature is the “plays like” distance which takes hills into consideration- that saves me strokes all the time as I play a lot of hilly courses. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip