prussell24

I need a new bag

Our Sponsors

Sooo kids had a small accident in the garage this weekend and now I need a new bag. (luckily my clubs were not in the bag at the time)  I have been looking at two bags and wanted to if any one has an experience with either.  

Sun Mountain 2018 Canvas/Leather stand bag ( Link )

Asher Golf Members stand bag 2.0 ( Link )

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.  

• Like 2

:titelist-small: 917 D2 9 -  Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 60g 6.0( S )
:titelist-small: 915 F2 3W- Diamana x5ct 70g ( S )
:titelist-small: 735cm 3 - PW - KBS Tour Black Nickel 115g ( R )
:vokey-small:SM4 Tour Chrome 52˚- 8˚ | 56˚- 8˚ | 60˚- 7˚ - True Temper Dynamic Gold ( W )
:cameron-small: California Coronado 
:Snell: MTB-X

1 minute ago, prussell24 said:

Sooo kids had a small accident in the garage this weekend and now I need a new bag. (luckily my clubs were not in the bag at the time)  I have been looking at two bags and wanted to if any one has an experience with either.  

So....Vessel is a quality bag although pricey. I have no experience with the two bags you mention.  What interests me more is the substance of this accident. Care to share?

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex shaft

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB irons 4-6 regular flex

:mizuno-small: JPX 850 7 iron thru Gap Wedge with KBS C taper lite shaft

:mizuno-small: S 5 wedges. 56/16 and 60/06.

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

Right Handed. 

giphy.gif

• Like 8

:vokey-small:SM4 Tour Chrome 52˚- 8˚ | 56˚- 8˚ | 60˚- 7˚ - True Temper Dynamic Gold ( W )

23 minutes ago, prussell24 said:

I love Sun Mountain bags but that one only has a single shoulder strap - my shoulder aches just thinking about it.  Guess you could buy a replacement strap if you wanted.

• Like 1

Went from a Sun Mountain 3.5 to a Jones Stripeshow.  Really happy with the weight and one strap makes switching between shoulders easy.

Sun mountain are great bags (I have their cart bag), but in my opinion PING Hoofer is the best carry bag. Super light, super durable. Water pocket isn’t in an asanine spot. I never have issues with it!

• Like 3

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

I have been gaming the Team Effort Collegiate Series for a couple years, playing 3-4 times a week. It’s a cart bag with my college logos on it.....Go Big Blue! Ordered thru my pr9 shop and got it $40-50 cheaper. It was called the Bucket Bag a# it has an insulated cooler compartment.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

11 hours ago, prussell24 said:

First I want to know what this accident was 🤣. I currently have a 14 way Nike Hybrid which I love overall but am starting to lean away from the 14 way top back to 4. I have been keeping my eye on OGIO Alpha Convoy, I prefer the overall look of the 14 way over the 4 way but time will tell, I am really struggling to pull the trigger on this.

Check out my review for the :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal:

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g

:adams-small: 2H & 4H VST Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW Project X 6.5 LZ 

:cleveland-small: 50, 54, 58 CBX2  Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

12 hours ago, prussell24 said:

Both of those bags you linked are nice looking, they both remind me of a Vessel, which @joen mentioned.  I've never heard of Asher Golf, so thanks for that link, and the sale price on the Sun Mountain is insane.  I recently purchased a new Mizuno bag, just like the one @jlukes posted in "What have you bought lately" thread...but once I switched all my clubs and gear over to the new Mizuno bag, I realized that the bag I had wasn't in that bad of shape and I like how all of the pockets were arranged...plus I needed new wedges more than a new bag, so I returned the bag and got the wedges.  All that to say, the Mizuno bag is a quality bag and something worth looking into.  Ping Hoofer is also a very quality bag, I've had teaching pros / Callaway reps recommend the Ping Hoofer bag.

Mizuno:  https://www.mizunousa.com/product/golf-mizuno-br-d4-6-way-stand-bag.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=100362 

Ping:  https://ping.com/en-us/shop/bags/carry-bags/hoofer 

• Like 2

In my ATumSBM.jpg Silencer

:cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size

SONARTEC 3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

Gigagolf.com - TXR Hybrid: 3H, UST Proforce V2 S-flex, with GolfPride G2 Tour Wrap

:ping-small: G 2016, 4-PW, AWT 2.0 S-flex, +1/2", black dot, with Super Stroke - Soft Wrap TC

:titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D

:EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope

I like that Asher bag! Never heard of that company.

I have always used Sun Mountain in the past. They have great quality and customer service.

I would want a double strap, but that canvas bag looks great.

I just picked up another Sun Mountain 2.5+ bag. If I saw that sale price on the canvas bag, I would have bought that!

I agree with @joen regarding Vessel.  Heard good things about Sun Mountain too.  I guess it depends on how much you intend to invest in your bag.  I'd also check out the latest Ping stand bags too.

• Like 1

a. Ladies Flex/10-12 degrees loft/25"-27" (male equivalent)

b. Adjustable/Ladies Flex (male equivalent)

c. Right-Handed

d. San Diego

e. -18

After playing in the rain yesterday, and always thinking it’s dumb that the companies have us keep the rain cover in our apparel pocket, I’d be buying the 2020 Hoofer JUST because they finally have the hood stored in the HIP PAD!!! Now it no longer takes up unnecessary room !

Yep, and the colors are silly good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMG_1097.JPGIMG_1098.JPG

• Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

After playing in the rain yesterday, and always thinking it’s dumb that the companies have us keep the rain cover in our apparel pocket, I’d be buying the 2020 Hoofer JUST because they finally have the hood stored in the HIP PAD!!! Now it no longer takes up unnecessary room !
Yep, and the colors are silly good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
IMG_1097.thumb.JPG.f7e07ea5e3d04a76168f95a6c075acde.JPGIMG_1098.thumb.JPG.9640158813df71013d93ab4ed3323e6f.JPG

I love this bag. I have a Sun Mountain speedcart with a sync bag that i used and loved until i got this little thing. I would so much rather carry this so far. I just cant take my clubs out. While a full bag does lend to a bit of tangling, if i take my time replacing a club and keeping it organized it is just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_2241.jpg
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear about your bag, although the GIF made me laugh out loud. I think either bag you choose would be good, they both are nice looking. My only caveat with a stand bag would be that it has a harness system instead of a single strap if you walk any rounds.

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

PING. Honestly, they are the best and most durable stand bag. They don’t break and they’ll last.

• Like 2

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

So I am down to deciding between the Vessel stand bag and trying the asher golf bag.  

On 3/30/2020 at 5:42 PM, prussell24 said:

Man that Asher bag looks great. I prefer the backpack strap because it’s better at distributing the weight on long days. You can always carry it single strapped if you’d like. 

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

Looking at the two, they are both beautiful bags, there are also a ton of other brands out there that offer really high quality bags at the same price range, from the two you have there, specially if you walk a lot, I would chose the Asher solely because of the double shoulder strap.

Currently reviewing 2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

Driver :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM5 48*, 52*, 56* and 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

I do like the Ping Hoofer.

But I opted for the Inesis waterproof standbag instead, and I am extremely happy with it.  It is well worth checking out if you want a decent bag at a good price.

Ping hoofer all day. 5 way.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink: