TESTERS WANTED! ×

GPS vs Rangfinders

chisag

... Another great read from Barbajo! He brings up some interesting points about both. I am a rangefinder guy and love the simplicity of, and for once this is accurate ... just point and shoot. When I am swinging well, I like exact yardage because I can hit close to those exact numbers. Add to that I am not a tech nerd, and I mean "nerd" in the most complementary way so fiddling with numbers or arrows is beyond my technical ability when I just want an exact number, then pull my club and swing. Combined with the fact that I have never worn a watch, ring or anything else on my fingers, hands or wrists so a GPS watch ain't gonna be the first. Carrying a hand held unit would also be an inconvenience because I walk 95% of the time and like to grab my rangefinder from my bag, shoot the yardage and it's back in my bag in less than 10 seconds. Thankfully I still have 20-15 vision but alas at 67 anything right in front of my face is hieroglyphics without my reading glasses. Rangefinder is the clear choice for me.

... John brings up some great points for a GPS unit. Playing a new course, a blind shot renders my rangefinder useless as well as if I cut the corner over those trees, what is on the other side and how far is it? Of course a GPS has those numbers, perhaps along with a visual. Soon as I saw the title I thought "Oh boy here we go again" but it is very well written and I found it quite interesting and informative. 

https://mygolfspy.com/gps-vs-rangefinder/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mygolfspy+(MyGolfSpy+-+Top-Secret+Golf+News+Everyday!)

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I have a gps watch but just bought a rangefinder as well. Plan to use both. The gps for most shots, but use the rangefinder with significant uphill/downhill or when in hitting a layup to a certain area. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

I say both! I have a Garmin watch, for everyday use, that I also use on the course for my GPS yardages and a Bushnell rangefinder. They both have their advantages. I use the GPS mainly for any non-approach shots and the rangefinder mainly for my approach shots. However there is still a bit of mix/matching based on the situation. I like having both available, and often times find myself looking at GPS on every shot (even after using my rangefinder) simply because it is on my wrist and simple to check. But previously being a rangefinder only golfer, you HAVE to have some kind of GPS backup, even if it's simply a free phone app, just so blind shots don't affect you. I used to have to fish around for my phone/app when faced with a blind shot, now, I just look at my watch, which even has a green direction functionality built in 🙂.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

I didn't read the article.... but,

I'm a duel use guy. GPS & LRF. Many years ago I started off with a Golf Logic handheld GPS unit. It was basic and only provided F,M,B of green distance numbers. Simple. Later it crapped out and I bought a Skycaddie SGX or something like that. It would do a lot more fancy stuff including a color screen with hole layout and a movable cursor to pin point distances or pin placements I guess. I never used any of that and simply kept it in the F,M,B distance display setting. (it was too much to fiddle with IMO) Around that time I also purchased my first LRF.

Today and together I like to glance at my little Garmin (matchbook size) GPS clipped on the cart and see the F,M,B number and take a quick shot at the pin with the LRF. I can quickly determine if the flag is actually on the front or back for example. I always like knowing the back of green distance. It keeps me from under clubbing and coming up short. Like many golfers/amateurs coming up short is a very common mistake/occurrence IMO. For me personally, I'm rarely long or over a green. Anyway... that's how things work for me.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

6 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I always like knowing the back of green distance. It keeps me from under clubbing and coming up short. Like many golfers/amateurs coming up short is a very common mistake/occurrence IMO. For me personally, I'm rarely long or over a green. Anyway... that's how things work for me.

... Slightly off topic but when in Rome. The two biggest leaps in my golf game were learning to flight my wedges, taking more 3/4 and 1/2 shots, giving me much more control than launching high and bringing more variables into play. The 2nd biggest leap came when I started taking more club anytime I was in-between clubs. If the thought ever came into my head "this should be a 6 or 7 iron" I started going with more club. This came from the knowledge that when most pro's don't hit their distance, they miss long 50% and short 50% while Am's hit short 99% of the time. Obviously there are instances when you don't want to be long, but in most situations if golfers always took more club, their GIR's would increase. For high index players I would suggest playing a round and take one more club for every single shot  and don't hold back but take the risk of being long. It will most likely be an eye opener. Better players I suggest using the club they think is accurate for their yardage but if ever between clubs or even thinking 7 should be enough, take one club more. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

The 2nd biggest leap came when I started taking more club

Agreed. I good player - friend of mine, 30 years ago told me one day after seeing my frustration.... hit one more club. One more club. That thought still echos my head from time to time.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

15 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Slightly off topic but when in Rome. The two biggest leaps in my golf game were learning to flight my wedges, taking more 3/4 and 1/2 shots, giving me much more control than launching high and bringing more variables into play. The 2nd biggest leap came when I started taking more club anytime I was in-between clubs. If the thought ever came into my head "this should be a 6 or 7 iron" I started going with more club. This came from the knowledge that when most pro's don't hit their distance, they miss long 50% and short 50% while Am's hit short 99% of the time. Obviously there are instances when you don't want to be long, but in most situations if golfers always took more club, their GIR's would increase. For high index players I would suggest playing a round and take one more club for every single shot  and don't hold back but take the risk of being long. It will most likely be an eye opener. Better players I suggest using the club they think is accurate for their yardage but if ever between clubs or even thinking 7 should be enough, take one club more. 

So much good right there.  That was one of the best pieces of advice from my boss when we’d get out to play after work.

“More club means less tension and less tension means relax.” 

I know that it’s broken English but I love what it means. I had the tendency of trying to overpower my irons and inevitably, they’d get hung up in the wind or I would spin them off the green.  There was a second lesson in that advice as well.  Slowing down and taking more club would force me to keep my body and arms in sync. I’m grateful to him for that round. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

That's definitely good advice @chisag, I find that most of my misses are short. I think it all comes down to letting the ego go. Using Arccos, I have a pretty good idea of my yardage but I don't hit them as often as I'd like. 

As far as the topic of the thread, I'll use both Arccos and my rangefinder during the round. Arccos gives me an idea of what to hit to get close, while the rangefinder is unparalleled closer to the green. 

This was a very good read! Personally I prefer a rangefinder, but I recently picked up a Bushnell Phantom GPS to deal with situations when I don't have a clear look at the pin or another marker of some sort. It's also helpful for my DECADE data collection. Since I've been using both, I can certainly see the utility in either device, but I'd be hard pressed to call one better than the other. Like a lot of things, I think it comes down to preference, which is why my default is a rangefinder with the GPS as a backup. I'll also add that the GPS accuracy is pretty impressive as it's typically within a yard or two of the rangefinder!

:cobra-small: LTDx Black 10.5º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:srixon-small: Z785 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50
º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I lean toward GPS. I don’t feel like I need exact distances and think front/middle/back distances are adequate along with some other distances that the gps adds. I make calculations off of those numbers

I do have a rangefinder and use it to find distance to specific targets the gps may not provide.

GPS vs rangefinder becomes a personal decision based on the information you want or are looking for. I find that while each provide similar information the use cases are very different

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I think they both have their places.  Having recently tested the SkyCaddie, I've been using GPS more than my Bushnell rangefinder.  I like the front, middle, back green readings of a GPS, but sometimes want to know a bit more info on some of the trickier greens or yardage to a particular point on the fairway.  If I only could choose one, it would probably be the GPS, simply because of the versatility.  One drawback to a rangefinder that I have experienced is hidden landing zones (doglegs, etc).

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I have both a range finder with slope and 18Birdies GPS on my phone. While I really like both, I find that I’ve been using the GPS a lot more because it also takes the wind into consideration. Also, like @chisag mentioned, if I have a blind shot, or I want to plan a particular tee short distance or par 5 distance to give myself a comfortable approach short, I can do so. 

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

Im a rangefinder guy. Its simplistic and doesn't require updating. Its point and shoot and right to the point. I can see how gps can have its advantage when playing a new course but how many courses are you going to play that you have never played before? And if you are playing a new course, I perfer to do some research and go to google earth to maps and look at the layout and are notes.

M5 7.5Deg UST Proforce V2 tipped 1" strong 70g X

M5 Rocket 3 14deg UST Proforce V2  70g X

GaparLo 2 17deg KBS Tour Hybrid Prototype 95g X

4-iron Titleist T-MB Project X 6.5

5-Pw Taylormade P7TW Project X 6.5

52 Slate Blue Vokey SM7 Project X 6.5

56 Jet Black Vokey SM7 Project X 6.0

60 HiToe Mill Grind Project X 6.0

• 3 weeks later...

I like having both. I use ShotScope to track everything, so having the GPS watch on my hand is good for a quick yardage. A lot of the course I play have pretty severe elevation changes, so the laser helps with that, and for getting exact distances to various targets. I also use The Grint app on my phone on occasion. It helps to see an overlay of the hole, and to be able to choose what club to hit to get the yardage I want for the next shot. It all just depends on the pace of play. If we're moving along and not waiting to hit shots, then I'll just use GPS. If it's a 5 hour round, I'll use the other stuff to kill time while waiting to hit.

Driver: :titelist-small: TS2 8.5* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 65 (6.5)

Woods: Turner H-2 3W, 5W, 7W Aldila NV 65 Stiff 

Irons: :cobra-small: King F8 6i - PW Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 3 50*, 54*, 60* Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :scotty-small: Futura 5W

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C-130 Cart bag

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

Rangefinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Tracker: :ShotScope: ShotScope V2 

I have a ski caddie that has been great for my game. I really enjoy it. There are times that it would be nice to shoot a distance and get a specific number.

that seems to be where the industry is headed with combo range finder and GPS in one. There are some great models out there. They are still pretty expensive but as they improve and become more widely accepted. They will get more affordable.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I like to use a combination of both as sometimes it is hard to get a yardage with one or the other. I have a golf buddy attached to my cart that I use to quickly confirm my rangefinder yardages as on occasion the rangefinder locks onto something other than the pin. Also, I find the GPS handy for front and back yardages which are more difficult to pick up on a rangefinder. These yardages are very helpful when playing a course that has very firm greens so you need to land near the front of the green due to excessive rollout. This is not an issue if you have a true pin sheet but I do not know of many courses that do this unless you are playing a tournament.

:taylormade-small: M5 9° Driver Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3 Wood VA Raijin 74 Four

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5 Wood  Fuji Ventus Blue 6 Stiff

:honma: 19° 3 Hybrid Patterson Balistic Hut30

:honma: TW-X Irons Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

:honma:TW Wedges 54°/60° Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

:odyssey-small: EXO Putter

Will read the article tonight.  In the meantime, went from having neither to a GPS watch and a laser.  Bought the laser.  The watch was a goodie bag gift.  Thought I would never use it.

I use the watch about 90% of the time.  Distance to center is good but really like having front and back as well. That helps me decide about clubbing up.

I can't wear watches or rings when I play so the watch stays clipped to my bag during the round.  Only bring out the laser when looking for a specific cover distance say a trap or water hazard.  My watch is pretty basic and doesn't show either.

When asked which to get, I frequently recommend the GPS for the reasons above and one more.  The time you really need a good yardage is when you've sprayed it to the adjacent fairway and you need to get back in play. Trees will obscure the laser but you'll still get a good number from the GPS.

:cobra-small: F9 9* Atmos Tour Spec Black 6s 45"

:nickent-small:  17* and 20* Hybrids Aldila NVS

:macgregor-small:  VIP V-foil 1025c 4-P True Temper 120g ProPel Lite 2* flat, 1* strong

:cleveland-small:  CG10 52* (bent 50*) and 56 (bent 55*)

:mizuno-small:   MpTseries 60* Raw Haze

:ping-small:   Faith Wack-E 32"

:taylormade-small:TP5 ball

:titelist-small: Stand bag

I use the garmin approch S60 gps watch and I find it pretty accurate. I have compared it a few times to a range finder that one of my buddies has and distances were comparable however I can see the advantage of having both for different situations as discussed in previous comments. Luckily the guys I play with carry a range finder if I need it.

:taylormade-small: Driver M6 9 Patterson Kinect 

:755178188_TourEdge: Tour Edge Exotic EXS 3 Wood 15 degree 

:taylormade-small: Rescue 3 fairway/hybrid wood 17 degree

:ping-small:  irons i-500 4-W Project X LZ 5.5 

:taylormade-small: Wedges,  Mill Grind 2- 50 degree, 56 degree, 60 degree HI-Toe

:cameron-small:  Scotty Cameron Newport 2 putter Super Stroke grip

:Snell: MTB-X optic yellow

VESSEL  bag Player stand 2.0 

I use my rangefinder for all flags for approach shots but I also use GPS data (Arccos now, Hole 19 or similar prior to that) to see the layout and know where I was trying to hit to the fat part of the fairway or around a dogleg, etc.  If I don't want to go at the flag I'll use the GPS data to know if its short or long of center and try to miss towards the center of the green away from trouble.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

I use my rangefinder for all flags for approach shots but I also use GPS data (Arccos now, Hole 19 or similar prior to that) to see the layout and know where I was trying to hit to the fat part of the fairway or around a dogleg, etc.  If I don't want to go at the flag I'll use the GPS data to know if its short or long of center and try to miss towards the center of the green away from trouble.  

Just to add to that, the LRF gets me distance to the flag and the GPS phone app gets me the distance to the 'gotchas' like bunkers or penalty areas.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, B.Boston said:

Same and love the 18 birdies app (soon to be Arccos) give you the overview but as you know I much prefer to have my course yardage book! Can’t beat the paper layouts

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Same and love the 18 birdies app (soon to be Arccos) give you the overview but as you know I much prefer to have my course yardage book! Can’t beat the paper layouts

Yes yes. I enjoy my collection of books. Rare as they may be now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Just now, B.Boston said:

Yes yes. I enjoy my collection of books. Rare as they may be now.

.....May need to add this to our next WITB....granted we will have the same books lol

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Just got my rangefinder. Haven't been able to try it yet except on various objects throughout the neighborhood and in my backyard. I'm definitely excited to see how it affects my guy for the positive. 

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Just got my rangefinder. Haven't been able to try it yet except on various objects throughout the neighborhood and in my backyard. I'm definitely excited to see how it affects my guy for the positive. 

I don’t think I can go back. No more trying to figure out if water sprinkler caps are right. Or if it’s on the front or back of the green.

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I don’t think I can go back. No more trying to figure out if water sprinkler caps are right. Or if it’s on the front or back of the green.

Definitely looking forward to it. I think it will definitely help with approach shots. And it will help me dial in my new irons once this pandemic is over.

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

On 3/31/2020 at 12:42 PM, chisag said:

Laser for me.

when I have the in-between clubs, I’ll hit the longer club when the pins in front, and the shorter club when it’s in back of the green. That helps me at least get and stay on the greens more often. But I agree, generally I go with the longer club in most instances...

ive got “hole19” gps, but I really only use it to keep score. Rarely I’ll look at it for yardage on trouble spots, seems just as easy to laser it all...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

All about Rangefinders.

The concept behind GPS is great, but I've had too many Whiskey Tango Foxtrot instances to allow me to trust it.  It's really only as good as the person who mapped the course.  I personally know the person who mapped my home course, and she's only completely amazing, the GPS readings are excellent.  For some other courses, maybe not so much.

So when it came time to make a purchase, laser it is.  Use it all the time, even when I'm reasonably certain of the distance.

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft