Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Hello all,

I am new to the forum but I have been thinking about blogging about golf related topics for a while now and I finally found a great place to do it! I love testing out different clubs and shafts to find my best personal fit. I used to work at a golf superstore in the San Francisco Bay Area and I have had some experience with fittings.

I have been playing golf (full-time) for approximately three years and I have loved every second of it. As an ex-baseball player, the golf swing came with natural power but very little control. I have corrected that now and I got my handicap down to single digits.

While working at the golf shop, I was able to carefully pick and choose what was in my bag. Right now these are the details.

Driver: Srixon Z785 9.5° Hazardous Black Smoke X-stiff

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 15° X-stiff

Callaway Epic Pro 3-P KBS Tour Lite X-stiff

Cleveland RTX-4 50°, 56° (bent to 55°), and 60°

Taylormade Juno with Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 grip

Feel free to throw any questions my way if you want to talk feel or performance!

Thanks!

pictures? Also what are the shaft brands and models in the woods?

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

So funny story.

I will write about it more in depth in a different post in a little bit but my clubs are currently in purgatory and I don't have any pictures of them or remember the shaft I put in my 3 wood. Just before the COVID-19 virus really took shape, I was planning a golf/spring training trip to AZ. I had shipped my clubs on a Thursday and by Monday most everything had been shut down. I called to have my clubs shipped directly back to the golf shop I shipped them from. Between that time, the golf shop had shut down and they were no longer receiving packages. I wasn't able to get a tracking number as I had thought they would come back to me in time. I am assuming they are in some FedEx store somewhere but without a tracking number they won't give me any information on their whereabouts. 

Once I get them back I will certainly be sharing all the details!

6 hours ago, 5footslider107 said:

So funny story.

I will write about it more in depth in a different post in a little bit but my clubs are currently in purgatory and I don't have any pictures of them or remember the shaft I put in my 3 wood. Just before the COVID-19 virus really took shape, I was planning a golf/spring training trip to AZ. I had shipped my clubs on a Thursday and by Monday most everything had been shut down. I called to have my clubs shipped directly back to the golf shop I shipped them from. Between that time, the golf shop had shut down and they were no longer receiving packages. I wasn't able to get a tracking number as I had thought they would come back to me in time. I am assuming they are in some FedEx store somewhere but without a tracking number they won't give me any information on their whereabouts. 

Once I get them back I will certainly be sharing all the details!

That’s kinda scary! I would be a bit worried if my clubs were somewhere random and I couldn’t track them down. 

Well that’s a good reason for no pictures! Sorry to hear that but at-least we can’t play right now (here in MA anyway). 

Same as you ex baseball player lots of power little control or consistency but have really corrected as well. Had a fitting last year and first words from the fitter after my first swing “baseball player right?”....yup

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Well that’s a good reason for no pictures! Sorry to hear that but at-least we can’t play right now (here in MA anyway). 

Same as you ex baseball player lots of power little control or consistency but have really corrected as well. Had a fitting last year and first words from the fitter after my first swing “baseball player right?”....yup

And usually the first thing to fix is that slice! I have new issues now that I actually took a lesson with a real pro but that's a different story lol. I was a little reluctant to switch my grip/swing but I've been watching many of the tour guys and it looks similar. Fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, jlbarbour said:

That’s kinda scary! I would be a bit worried if my clubs were somewhere random and I couldn’t track them down. 

Yea and on top of that my buddy's clubs *should* be with them. I'm thinking of pressing the issue and going to the facility I believe they're at and see what they can do for me, especially now that i've got the time!

45 minutes ago, 5footslider107 said:

And usually the first thing to fix is that slice! I have new issues now that I actually took a lesson with a real pro but that's a different story lol. I was a little reluctant to switch my grip/swing but I've been watching many of the tour guys and it looks similar. Fingers crossed!

I still play a slight fade due to an in to out swing. Contact and consistency is much better so I can work with Iran’s know my ball flight. My struggle is a very steep swing, irons not so bad but off the tee I am losing a good 30 yards because of it.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

16 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I still play a slight fade due to an in to out swing. Contact and consistency is much better so I can work with Iran’s know my ball flight. My struggle is a very steep swing, irons not so bad but off the tee I am losing a good 30 yards because of it.

I've had those struggles and often still do. One thing I found helped me flatten my swing was to think about my hands' first motion to the floor after the top of my swing instead of the at the ball. It might be a commonality for most golfers but for me, it helped me get out of my baseball swing the fastest and flatten out my swing. I noticed an immediate increase in distance as well.

24 minutes ago, 5footslider107 said:

I've had those struggles and often still do. One thing I found helped me flatten my swing was to think about my hands' first motion to the floor after the top of my swing instead of the at the ball. It might be a commonality for most golfers but for me, it helped me get out of my baseball swing the fastest and flatten out my swing. I noticed an immediate increase in distance as well.

Over the winter and now the spring I have been focusing on keep my arms extended more. Which has reduced my swing path out. I have noticed a flatter plane and have been able to hit a few in the back yard. Less fade. More of a straight ball flight I’ll take it.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Over the winter and now the spring I have been focusing on keep my arms extended more. Which has reduced my swing path out. I have noticed a flatter plane and have been able to hit a few in the back yard. Less fade. More of a straight ball flight I’ll take it.

Do you mean at point of contact or in general?

7 minutes ago, 5footslider107 said:

Do you mean at point of contact or in general?

image.thumb.jpeg.ba18915a9ee9f241b0c2e221a05860ec.jpeg
was anywhere from the bottle swing to middle plane caused a very steep swing with digging. Slowly getting up towards the top there.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

32 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ba18915a9ee9f241b0c2e221a05860ec.jpeg
was anywhere from the bottle swing to middle plane caused a very steep swing with digging. Slowly getting up towards the top there.

YES! Exactly what I'm working on. Very difficult since I was on the lowest of those three planes.

22 minutes ago, 5footslider107 said:

YES! Exactly what I'm working on. Very difficult since I was on the lowest of those three planes.

It’s the baseball 😭 takes a lot to get out of it but the changes are noticeable 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

17 hours ago, 5footslider107 said:

Can see here how steep and still hitting down on driver (this was middle of summer last year) hoping to get some pictures this year to compare whenever we can get outIMG_3800.PNG.d5e3362b6a4da4063980b15128d3429f.PNGIMG_3799.PNG.233479c871596a2d3ada62b43ff6ede6.PNG

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 4/3/2020 at 11:06 AM, Lacassem said:

Can see here how steep and still hitting down on driver (this was middle of summer last year) hoping to get some pictures this year to compare whenever we can get outIMG_3800.PNG.d5e3362b6a4da4063980b15128d3429f.PNGIMG_3799.PNG.233479c871596a2d3ada62b43ff6ede6.PNG

Is that an app you are using or how did you get that line on your photo?

3 hours ago, KillerGees said:

Horrified by the clubs story - mine are like a pet to me. What is the most significant thing you did to improve your control? I'm working towards the same thing right now.

The best thing that helped me was stabilizing my core/back and limiting the movement in my swing. If you've played enough golf you know what a good swing should feels like in your body and when you hit the sweet spot on your clubs. If you watch pro golfers they generally don't have much movement in their core and have outstanding balance. This way, when you have an issue, you can recognize/address the issue right away and get back to that nice swing with solid contact!

45 minutes ago, 5footslider107 said:

Is that an app you are using or how did you get that line on your photo?

Just a screenshot and then edit (can see the squiggly on the top left lol) can get the same effect on paint as well

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

On 4/4/2020 at 3:42 PM, Lacassem said:

Just a screenshot and then edit (can see the squiggly on the top left lol) can get the same effect on paint as well

I will definitely be using that! lol